The Woodwinds Reviews

163 | Branford, CT

163 Reviews for The Woodwinds

Peter · Married on 10/18/2014

The staff at the WoodWinds were great at helping with the planning and coordination of our wedding and reception. They are efficient and know how to make an event successful. The quality of food was excellent and our family and guests couldn't have been happier. Very highly recommended and great value for the price.

Sent on 12/13/2014

We had an amazing experience with everything. We had our ceremony there. Everything went perfect. Scott and his wife made sure of that. Everyone else was just so sweet to work with aswell. Very accommodating. We were referred by my sisters photographer Ross who kept telling me how great scott and everyone is there. Everything was better than I could h

Sent on 04/28/2015

Karissa · Married on 10/03/2014

Woodwinds could not have provided a better experience for our wedding. Scott and the entire staff were so helpful! Anything we asked for and more was available! From the day we had our first tour up until the next morning, they took care of everything. It was so nice to not have to worry about all the little details on the big day! Our guests are still commenting on how amazing the food was and how much fun they had! So glad we chose the Woodwinds, I recommend them for any upcoming party that you may be having!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Food was incredible. The whole staff was very supportive and helpful on the day of the wedding without being overbearing. I swear I visited the venue about a million times in preparation for my wedding as different people came into town and they were incredibly accommodating. We had a lot of people back out of coming to the wedding last minute and we were told we could just add on extras such as a chocolate fountain, extra appetizers, etc. Our venetian table was a highlight!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/12/2014

I honestly could not have pictured our wedding to have been any more perfect! I am so pleased with how everything went! From the day we booked our date (two years prior) to the time we said goodbye to our guests on our wedding night, all of the staff were so eager to help in anyway they could! I felt that all of our needs and wants were met. And as almost all of the other posts state, Scott IS amazing! Thank you all for going above and beyond and making our wedding a moment we will never forget!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Amazing!! Woodwinds is so organized that I did not have to worry about anything on my wedding day. We had the best day.

Sent on 12/20/2014

Amy · Married on 07/12/2014

Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. We worked with Scott during our day and he was on top of everything...from the late arrival to the cake smudged all over my dress...he was there! The food was fantastic and the waiters were helpful! All of my guests talked about how beautiful the place was and how amazing the food was. I HIGHLY recommend this place!! They were AMAZING!

Sent on 07/27/2014

Woodwinds was an absolutely amazing venue for our wedding! We had the most spectacular time at our wedding and we would not want to change a thing! Thank you so much to Scott and the rest of his amazing team!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Carissa · Married on 07/03/2014

We had an amazing wedding! We wouldn't change anything about Woodwinds!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Woodwinds did an excellent job with my wedding. I was very pleased. When getting married you always prepare yourself for something to go wrong, but everything was perfect! The food was amazing. Everyone loved it from the appetizers to the main courses. They even gave us a gift certificate for dinner at Cafe Allegre, which is their Italian restaurant. Chef Silvio makes devine cuisines. As for Woodwinds' staff, Scott is very diligent and is great at what he does. His attention for detail is emaculate. They made my special day unforgettable not only for my husband and I, but for all of my guests as well.

Sent on 08/07/2014
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/14/2014

I cannot begin to even explain how blown away we were by Woodwinds. They have the most amazing staff there. Scott our wedding coordinator was on top of every detail, we were able to enjoy our delicious meals catered by Cafe Allegre, and still spend time with all of our guests, and enjoy every moment of our reception. They went the extra mile, my bustle fell several times and Scott and Woodwinds staff rushed over and pinned it back up every single time w/o hesitation, one my eyelashes became loose after my husband decided to feed the cake to my face instead of my mouth and staff ran up to the bridal suite with eyelash glue and saved the day! They catered to us in every way possible, they were amazing. It was the happiest day of our lives, we had a blast! Woodwinds you are AMAZING!!!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Diana · Married on 06/13/2014

The Woodwinds was the best vendor we had for our wedding. They were great from my first meeting with them checking out the place to the wedding night. They are very accommodating with special requests and working with you to help you have everything you want in your budget.
    JoAnna is very cheerful and excited to work with you and makes you excited and feel special. Scott is the day of coordinator and helps you close to your wedding date to gather all the things you need to bring in and finalize. He is born for his job. He is quick and efficient and amazing at planning and organizing everything so that you don't feel worried about anything.
    The day of our wedding was the best part. They made me feel like a Queen. I felt like the most important person in the world. Everything went off perfectly and Scott was always anticipating every need I could have as well as our wedding party. He was absolutely amazing and made our day fantastic.
    The venue is beautiful and very well managed. The food is incredible! Chef Silvio is so talented. We had guest still raving about the food weeks after our wedding day! The biggest compliment was on the service and food for the cocktail hour.
    My husband and I and all our guest enjoyed every minute of our day thanks to the staff at the Woodwinds. Thank you all for helping us have the best day of our lives! :)

Sent on 07/16/2014

Elisa · Married on 04/26/2014

The Woodwinds is a great wedding venue. It has an elegant yet homey feel. The food was amazing and there was so much of it! From the appetizers to the dinner to the Venetian table . . . everything was delicious! The staff is pleasant and attentive from the initial booking through the end of the event. All of my questions throughout the planning process were answered quickly. Scott and Antonella are so helpful and genuine throughout the process. They ensure that the reception runs like clockwork so that the Bride and Groom can enjoy the evening (and eat). I cannot say enough positive things about the Woodwinds’ team!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Brittany · Married on 03/28/2014

I do not even know where to begin of all the amazing things I have to say about The Woodwinds! First off, Joanna was an amazing person to keep in contact during your planning. Her enthusiasm and positive, reassuring attitude that everything would go exactly as I envision was amazing. She kept me so calm and any question I had she was sure to answer it right away. Scott is an amazing Matre'd!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how on point he is and made sure everything went according to plan. He even drove a guest home in his car when he had too much to drink. Just simply incredible. My bridesmaids were raving about him and wanted to take him home! haha

My guests could not believe how beautiful the venue was, and how delicious the food was. Everything was OUTSTANDING! I can go on, and on and how my dream wedding became a reality and I owe it all to The Woodwinds!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Melissa · Married on 02/22/2014

If I could give Scott & the staff at Woodwinds more than 5 stars I WOULD! They didn't leave ONE single detail untouched. Scott was there with my lipstick before the photographer took ANY pictures! He made sure we had time to eat, drink, talk, dance & be with our families. He is truly amazing at what he does. I am in awe of how wonderful they made our special day. THE BEST VENUE. I can't say enough good things. I recommend Woodwinds to EVERYONE!

Sent on 02/24/2014
  • Rose

Rose · Married on 11/23/2013

WoodWinds gave us an amazing night with great service. The food, service, and event space was all flawless. All of our guests were impressed with the food and drinks. Scott made our wedding reception so easy. He took care of us from beginning to end. We walked out without lifting a finger and had all of our stuff packed up for us.

Thank you all for an amazing experience. We enjoyed working with the staff of the WoodWinds from the first day!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Becky · Married on 11/02/2013

My husband and I got married at The Woodwinds on November 2nd, 2013. Our experience from the beginning was incredible. JoAnna, who booked us, was friendly and accommodating; most other places we looked at told us "how they do weddings," but Woodwinds asked us what WE wanted our wedding to be. Throughout the planning process, WW was quick to respond to emails and answered all of our questions thoroughly. On the day of the wedding, the grounds were beautifully manicured, the food was AMAZING, and the timing was all perfect. Scott and Antonella are BEYOND INCREDIBLE. Everything ran like clockwork because of them. They were the only reason that I got to relax and just have fun on the day of (also the only reason I ate!).

The staff at Woodwinds made the most important day of our lives 100% perfect.

Sent on 02/01/2014

Taylor · Married on 10/26/2013

Everything was wonderful on my wedding day and I couldn't have picked a better venue. The only complaint my guests had was that because of the wedding next door (which was very rowdy) the bathrooms were trashed and the bathroom baskets my maid of honor provided were ransacked and thrown all over the bathroom. It was discouraging that after a few complaints the bathroom mess was never cleaned up but it didn't have any impact on how wonderful my day was. Besides the rowdy wedding next door, everything was great & Scott is the best at everything he does!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2013

FANTASTIC! Loved everything about it! We got married a year ago and everyone that came is still talking about how fantastic the food was and how nice of a venue. They are one of the only paces that offered military discounts which was nice and really worked with our vision. I am so happy we chose this place.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Jenna · Married on 10/04/2013

WoodWinds was the most perfect place for me to have my fall wedding. The staff we amazing and attentive, Scott and his wife were wonderful and super helpful. The food was fabulous and they even let us take some home (which I thought was awesome since we did pay for it). I highly recommend WoodWinds for anyone looking to have an elegant wedding.

Sent on 11/18/2013

Anything and everything you’ve read about Woodwinds is 100% accurate. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our entire experience at Woodwinds. They went above and beyond to make us feel like absolute royalty on our wedding day. We were shown around by JoAnna, who is a total sweetheart and made us fall in love with the place. She got back to all of my emails within 24 hours. Scott, the wedding coordinator, is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He is extremely professional, yet he was playing with my flower girls before the ceremony and during dinner. He is very accommodating and VERY flexible. He also made sure we actually got to eat and came to find us every time we had a course come out. The food is to die for and there was SO much of it. We’ve had nothing but wonderful feedback from our guests who keep telling us how full they were! The facility is just beautiful; the uplighting in the rooms just makes the entire place glow. Our entire ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. I could go on and on about Woodwinds, but if you’re looking for a top-notch venue with amazing food and service I would look no further!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Lijeamsy · Married on 09/15/2013

Very nice staff, best value for your money!the staff are great and they work with your budget, the food is good and the place is vey nice! Only regret, wish they have added the chandelier that they just add it to the smaller room to the Garden room on time for my event! None the less the place is gorgeous and everyone was please!

Thank you for making the day possible!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Chalace · Married on 09/08/2013

Everything was absolutely amazing.

Sent on 10/14/2013

I have nothing bad to say about this venue. Everyone there was great! The wedding flowed perfectly. Everything was taken care of, all I had to do was show up. I actually had a chance to eat the food, and see all my guests. I always had a drink in my hand, and someone always informed me of what was happening next so I could be in the right place of the right time. So easy, I would definately recommend this venue to anyone, who wants an elegant wedding without all the hastling of feeling like you have to do everything yourself.

Sent on 09/20/2013

The Woodwinds exceeded our expectations. They were very responsive during our planning phase, answering all of our questions by email and phone. Also, Scott was organized during all of our encounters telling us exactly what we needed to know, what we needed to get him (and by when), and where we needed to be at all times (even when we didn't feel so organized ourselves). The day of, Scott proved that he was the PRO we heard he was, and kept things organized during formal pictures, our entrance, our dances, meals, and cake cutting. Great venue and awesome wedding coordinator. We have gotten reviews from all of our guests that the grounds were great and the food was delicious. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/02/2013