The Woodwinds Reviews

162 Reviews for The Woodwinds

• Autumn

Autumn I. · Getting married on 12/04/2021

Absolutely amazing

We had a date conflict with our original venue which we had assumed would be a very cheap budget friendly option, so we decided to tour Woodwinds and we are nothing but happy with our experience. So affordable and you get so much for what you are paying. It even came out to be more affordable then our original venue option! So much is included, so it's a lot of stress off of the couple's shoulders. The staff is also wonderful. Vanessa is the absolute best! Booked our wedding the day we toured!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Allison M. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

So far, great!

Only booked with them so far, but extremely impressed with the attention and service at these beginning stages! Can’t wait to see what the next 14 months will bring!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica T. · Getting married on 05/21/2021

Simply amazing!

This venue is simply amazing. I had sent an email to Vanessa just days after getting engaged and she was able to get us in that upcoming weekend to check out the venue. It is beautiful there! From the cocktail space, to ceremony space and the Garden Room itself EVERYTHING is perfect. Pricing is all inclusive and easy to understand. We booked on the spot! So excited for our day 05/21/2021

Sent on 12/10/2019

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa M. · Married on 10/03/2020

Best day ever - 10/3/2020

Woodwinds truly is THE BEST. My husband and I just got married on 10/3/20. We can’t say enough good things about woodwinds. Planning our wedding during the pandemic was made so much easier with Woodwinds as our venue. They thought out and planned everything before we wouldn’t even ask the questions. The tent was absolutely stunning, and our guests felt so safe and really enjoyed themselves. Our guests also can’t stop talking about how delicious the food was! They made the wedding planning process so lovely and did an incredible job. They are so easy to work with and really helped us make our wedding day a fairytale. I HIGHLY recommend Woodwinds!

Sent on 10/17/2020

Shanelle · Married on 08/21/2020

Quality at a fair price

When comparing this venue to our other options, the Woodwinds definitely shined above the rest. We were able to get so much for our money, leaving us quite a bit of financial flexibility for the rest of our vendor choices. However, the thing that really won us over was not the money. It was the staff. Vanessa is such a delight and personable. Just remembering how comfortable we felt with her during our tour, really made the decision an easy one. I look forward to the exception of our big day!

Sent on 03/03/2019
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 04/24/2020

Awesome Venue

I attended a wedding and a bridal shower at Woodwinds and both events were just so amazing. The food is great, the outside patio and ceremony site are beautiful and the lighting is perfect. I had such a great time at both events and I highly recommend them to anyone who is having a wedding or larger event.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Linda

Linda D. · Married on 03/14/2020

Top service best night!

We had our wedding here 3/14/20, both ceremony and reception. The staff was amazing to work with. Ken and Randy were so helpful, especially the week of with all the last minute planning and changes. They had everything run so smoothly and seamlessly from the moment we arrived. My bridal attendant was top notch! Food here is amazing and all of out guests can't stop telling us how great everything was. Thank you ALL at Woodwinds for being part of the best day of our lives!

Sent on 03/22/2020

Brittany · Married on 11/20/2019

The Most Blissful Experience

O. M. G. What a magical day. It was exactly what we envisioned and when I tell you that nothing went wrong. Nothing. Went. Wrong. I’m usually a very reactive person and freak over the littlest of things and I sincerely cannot think of one moment where I was like crap, day is ruined 😂 the entire team at Woodwinds is incredible. I feel like that’s not even the best word to use.

My mind was BLOWN after my husband and I had our first bite of cake and there was a damp napkin ready for our faces and a mirror so we could see if we had cake on them. (Randy, Neeka, you guys ROCK!) I mean are you KIDDING?????? That’s genius! It may seem small to others but I remember saying to Kevin right after how absolutely freaking wonderful everyone is. Neeka is the SH*T. That woman holds a smile and grace and a helping hand when you don’t even realize you need her. The entire night was so blissful I could go on and on and on about how absolutely perfect everything turned out.

The responsiveness from Ken and Randy and Vanessa were 12/10 and we literally could not have asked for better human beings to assist us. The venue is incredibly lucky to have these people working for them.

Oh, and the food???? TO DIE FOR. And yes, Neeka even made sure we ate. *mind blown*

Sent on 11/20/2019

Karen C. · Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing venue! Beautiful

Everyone there is awesome!!! They made everything sooooo easy! No matter the question, there was a quick response

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • #desimonestakethethrone

Cindia · Married on 10/13/2019

We chose this venue because as soon as we walked into the door we felt very welcomed and catered to. All the staff down right to the cleaning crew made us feel calm and at ease. We got there 1hr early due to me mixing up the schedule and the cleaning crew welcomed us, sat us down, served us coffee, and let us explore the venue. Even though they were super busy cleaning and getting ready for a wedding. I got to see the place beautifully decorated. When my consultant arrived she gave us the tour and was very attentive to our needs and wants. We fell in love with the place after looking high and low for venues. The process is easy, they are not pushy and they even do financing. They let us tweek the menu to fit our unique style too!! They even gave us a gift bag with suggestions from local vendors and complimentary signature spaghetti sauce. We were so impressed.

• Christina

Christina D. · Married on 10/11/2019

absolutely amazing

The whole team goes above and beyond whatever you need!! My wedding day was perfect !! I am so grateful for everything they did for us and let me tell you the price no one can beat it for what’s included!!!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Sarah N. · Married on 10/05/2019

Best Day Ever!

Absolutely The Best Day Ever! We have been here for weddings before and knew we were gonna get married here. This is the only venue we checked out because we knew we wanted to get married here. So beautiful, food amazing, staff so professional and funny, felt so comfortable with them felt like we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Highly recommend to everyone to check out this venue. You will have the best day ever!
    Thank you so much to everyone!!!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Solmarie

Solmarie R. · Married on 09/15/2019

Phenomenal service

My fiancé and I are in the process of getting married here this fall coming up & we knew from the very beginning that The Woodwinds would be the place where we would want to say I do before God! I was almost immediately in tears when I arrived. Upon leaving we received a complimentary bag with vendors, a specialty pasta sauce (that was super tasty) & they were very flexible with our payment options. Pictures truly do not do justice for the amazing grounds & the service we have received by Vanessa, ken and the rest of the team so far has been impecable! We are so sure and honored to have chosen them for our Big Day!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah W. · Married on 09/15/2019

The best venue

The Woodwinds made our reception a dream. The planning with Randy was so easy and painless. I left our detail meeting with complete confidence that my day would go exactly how I wanted it to. We dropped off our decorations etc on Monday before our Sunday wedding. They were set up perfectly at the wedding and back in boxes for us to pick up Monday morning. During the cocktail hour and reception, Neka met our every want and need before we could even ask. We felt like royalty. I didn't worry about anything. I ate delicious food, hung out with my guests, and danced the night away. I could not have picked a better venue or a better team to run my reception. Our guests had an incredible time and more than one person told us our wedding was the best they had ever been to.

Sent on 10/01/2019

Susan · Married on 08/10/2019

Mother of the groom

We cant say enough good things that we felt ourselves or heard from our guests...EVERYTHING WAS FABULOUS FROM BEGINNING TO END..appetizers, drinks, dinners (every variety)and Venetian table and of course the staff was absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond!!!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Kasha · Married on 08/01/2019

They know weddings!

The Woodwinds know weddings! They have everything down from planning to executing! The price is affordable compared to other venues and you get a bang for your buck! The staff is amazing and accommodating! The food is out of this world! No need to worry how the day is going to go......they have everything under control....and it will be perfect

Sent on 07/05/2019

Carolyn · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful and All-Inclusive!!

Woodwinds was PERFECT!! When we first toured the venue, we loved how classy the facility was and their beautiful outdoor grounds/ceremony locations. Vanessa was a lovely host and made us so excited about the venue! Woodwinds was the last venue that we toured because we were sold! This venue is timeless and the food is excellent! I had guests raving about the different appetizers and our Venetian table!!

I cannot imagine what other venues must be like since they don't have Randy or Ken in their office--both of these men went above and beyond for us! I think I sent Ken at least 40 emails leading up to our wedding date but he was always so pleasant, and answered every question quickly! He made every bit of the planning process SO much easier. Randy was an expert on our wedding day; he took care of everything and made sure that we hadn't a care in the world! I don't know how I could have pulled off a wedding ceremony and reception if I didn't have someone like Randy to organize everything. Randy makes sure that your wedding day is fun instead of stressful and he absolutely is responsible for our wedding going off without a hitch!

Despite all of the wonderful things I can say about Woodwinds, we are undoubtedly most grateful to Neka!! I am not kidding when I say she is a pro and a saint. When I arrived at the venue before our ceremony, I was rattled and stressed not knowing the status of everyone/everything. Neka entered the scene and I can honestly say that I IMMEDIATELY felt relieved. She updated me on where the cake was, where the groomsmen were, brought our flowers to us, pinned all of the boutonnieres, and made sure everyone was prepared and lined up for the ceremony. Neka adjusted my dress and train before my procession and at the altar so I looked flawless. She carried my dress around during photos, put drinks in our hands, and even bustled my dress so that my mother could enjoy cocktail hour! She took care of us throughout the reception and it was such a blessing having a bridal attendant that was looking out for us and making sure we were comfortable. She is seriously a fairy godmother!!

We booked Woodwinds because we loved the environment, but I would recommend Woodwinds because they are professionals who will do anything and everything for you. Our wedding was perfect thanks to everyone at Woodwinds!!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Lisa · Married on 12/22/2018

Our magical winter wedding!

We got married at The Woodwinds on 12/22/18, and it couldn’t have been a more perfect day! First, they were so responsive to all of our phone calls and emails throughout the year and a half of our planning process. When I just couldn’t decide on centerpieces, I called the main office and Kristy put me in touch with their in-house florist, Joanna. I sent her a few photos of some ideas that I liked and she managed to incorporate everything that I wanted! Ken was also totally accommodating when we made several changes to our guest list and seating chart in the week leading up to our wedding due to last minute cancellations.

As for the day of the wedding, the entire staff was amazing! Randy and Neka were on top of everything. Neka even swapped out the pens for our guestbook to ones that would work better on canvas before we had a chance to ask, and she showed up at our table with cough drops for me because she noticed I was getting over a cold.

We’ve gotten so many compliments on how beautiful the wedding was, thanks in large part to the wonderful holiday decorations; how great the food was--from cocktail hour and dinner to our late-night donut bar; and how wonderful the wait staff and bartenders were. It all made for such a magical day.

Sent on 01/13/2019

Karissa · Married on 12/01/2018

I highly recommend the Woodwinds for your wedding venue. My fiancé and I are currently in the process of planning our wedding and the staff at the Woodwinds have made it that much more of a pleasurable experience. We had been to 4-5 venues before going to the Woodwinds, and just when I thought I lost hope, this venue was everything I could have imagined. My fiancé and I both had so much relief after we booked. Vanessa is awesome! We are currently working together with her to pull our Christmastime wedding off! Her flexibility in scheduling is great as well as her response time. So very helpful, making what a stressful time planning that much more exciting and a breeze! They are so easy to work with. Menu options are fantastic and so reasonable, good quality for a fair price. The venue is beautiful, especially for a winter theme in which I am having! So far our experience has been great. We absolutely have no doubts on having gone with different venue.

Karissa Berube

Christine · Married on 11/08/2018

Wonderful landscape

Our wedding video and images came out amazing the wood winds landscape was just wonderful in September.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Erica · Married on 10/20/2018

Fabulous!

A perfect venue for the perfect day!!!!! Everyone was AMAZING there!!!! With such gorgeous grounds and extremely well trained attentive staff catering to your every need this is the BEST venue in all of CT!!!!! It would be a HUGE mistake to pass this venue over!!!! Their packages are all inclusive with top if the line AMAZING food, open bar, cake, and your own personal bridal attendant, you can't go wrong!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Deane B. · Married on 10/18/2018

Outstanding!

Everyone from Vanessa at tour and booing, Ken in management, Randy our event coordinator and Neka, my attendant made our day so spectacular and amazing. Guests had an excellent night. Top praises on the food, service and overall experience!!!! Can't thank everyone enough for making our wedding so special!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Hannah · Married on 10/12/2018

If you tour Woodwinds, you will not regret it. Vanessa made our experience with booking so fun and easy. The packages they offer are the best value you'll find anywhere. We would recommend this venue to anyone.

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

My fiancé and I want a small intimate wedding, and finding a venue for a party of 100 or less limits options. Most venues require a high minimum count. Woodwinds however, can accommodate both the small and the large wedding. The mangers of the venue and owners have great attention to detail. You'll notice that the grounds are very well maintained, the interior and exterior of the building are in excellent condition, and paint and carpets are maintained. All things one would expect of every establishment, but something we didn't find after touring several. You'll also notice that the quality and attentiveness of employees and organizers is top notch. Most have been with Woodwinds for years; a very good sign. In addition to all this, the price was competitive. We also appreciated them quoting a single figure that included tax and gratuity so there were no hidden fees we didn’t expect. Booking Woodwinds was an easy decision for us and we couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 10/01/2017