The Woodwinds Reviews

The Woodwinds 7
  • Autumn

Autumn Ives · Getting married on 12/12/2020

Absolutely amazing

We had a date conflict with our original venue which we had assumed would be a very cheap budget friendly option, so we decided to tour Woodwinds and we are nothing but happy with our experience. So affordable and you get so much for what you are paying. It even came out to be more affordable then our original venue option! So much is included, so it's a lot of stress off of the couple's shoulders. The staff is also wonderful. Vanessa is the absolute best! Booked our wedding the day we toured!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Sarah · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Great Customer Service

Very helpful in booking my wedding. Can’t wait until 10-10-2020

Sent on 03/25/2019

Debi Mostowy · Getting married on 09/11/2020

So far, great!

Only booked with them so far, but extremely impressed with the attention and service at these beginning stages! Can’t wait to see what the next 14 months will bring!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Shanelle · Getting married on 08/21/2020

Quality at a fair price

When comparing this venue to our other options, the Woodwinds definitely shined above the rest. We were able to get so much for our money, leaving us quite a bit of financial flexibility for the rest of our vendor choices. However, the thing that really won us over was not the money. It was the staff. Vanessa is such a delight and personable. Just remembering how comfortable we felt with her during our tour, really made the decision an easy one. I look forward to the exception of our big day!

Sent on 03/03/2019
  • Alexa

Alexa · Getting married on 04/24/2020

Awesome Venue

I attended a wedding and a bridal shower at Woodwinds and both events were just so amazing. The food is great, the outside patio and ceremony site are beautiful and the lighting is perfect. I had such a great time at both events and I highly recommend them to anyone who is having a wedding or larger event.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Metacomet

Cindia · Getting married on 10/13/2019

We chose this venue because as soon as we walked into the door we felt very welcomed and catered to. All the staff down right to the cleaning crew made us feel calm and at ease. We got there 1hr early due to me mixing up the schedule and the cleaning crew welcomed us, sat us down, served us coffee, and let us explore the venue. Even though they were super busy cleaning and getting ready for a wedding. I got to see the place beautifully decorated. When my consultant arrived she gave us the tour and was very attentive to our needs and wants. We fell in love with the place after looking high and low for venues. The process is easy, they are not pushy and they even do financing. They let us tweek the menu to fit our unique style too!! They even gave us a gift bag with suggestions from local vendors and complimentary signature spaghetti sauce. We were so impressed.

• Solmarie

Solmarie Rivera · Getting married on 09/15/2019

Phenomenal service

My fiancé and I are in the process of getting married here this fall coming up & we knew from the very beginning that The Woodwinds would be the place where we would want to say I do before God! I was almost immediately in tears when I arrived. Upon leaving we received a complimentary bag with vendors, a specialty pasta sauce (that was super tasty) & they were very flexible with our payment options. Pictures truly do not do justice for the amazing grounds & the service we have received by Vanessa, ken and the rest of the team so far has been impecable! We are so sure and honored to have chosen them for our Big Day!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

Sent on 01/05/2019
    The Woodwinds 8
    The Woodwinds 9
    The Woodwinds 10
    The Woodwinds 11

Susan · Married on 08/10/2019

Mother of the groom

We cant say enough good things that we felt ourselves or heard from our guests...EVERYTHING WAS FABULOUS FROM BEGINNING TO END..appetizers, drinks, dinners (every variety)and Venetian table and of course the staff was absolutely amazing. They went above and beyond!!!

Sent on 08/14/2019
    The Woodwinds 12

Kasha · Married on 08/01/2019

They know weddings!

The Woodwinds know weddings! They have everything down from planning to executing! The price is affordable compared to other venues and you get a bang for your buck! The staff is amazing and accommodating! The food is out of this world! No need to worry how the day is going to go......they have everything under control....and it will be perfect

Sent on 07/05/2019

Carolyn · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful and All-Inclusive!!

Woodwinds was PERFECT!! When we first toured the venue, we loved how classy the facility was and their beautiful outdoor grounds/ceremony locations. Vanessa was a lovely host and made us so excited about the venue! Woodwinds was the last venue that we toured because we were sold! This venue is timeless and the food is excellent! I had guests raving about the different appetizers and our Venetian table!!

I cannot imagine what other venues must be like since they don't have Randy or Ken in their office--both of these men went above and beyond for us! I think I sent Ken at least 40 emails leading up to our wedding date but he was always so pleasant, and answered every question quickly! He made every bit of the planning process SO much easier. Randy was an expert on our wedding day; he took care of everything and made sure that we hadn't a care in the world! I don't know how I could have pulled off a wedding ceremony and reception if I didn't have someone like Randy to organize everything. Randy makes sure that your wedding day is fun instead of stressful and he absolutely is responsible for our wedding going off without a hitch!

Despite all of the wonderful things I can say about Woodwinds, we are undoubtedly most grateful to Neka!! I am not kidding when I say she is a pro and a saint. When I arrived at the venue before our ceremony, I was rattled and stressed not knowing the status of everyone/everything. Neka entered the scene and I can honestly say that I IMMEDIATELY felt relieved. She updated me on where the cake was, where the groomsmen were, brought our flowers to us, pinned all of the boutonnieres, and made sure everyone was prepared and lined up for the ceremony. Neka adjusted my dress and train before my procession and at the altar so I looked flawless. She carried my dress around during photos, put drinks in our hands, and even bustled my dress so that my mother could enjoy cocktail hour! She took care of us throughout the reception and it was such a blessing having a bridal attendant that was looking out for us and making sure we were comfortable. She is seriously a fairy godmother!!

We booked Woodwinds because we loved the environment, but I would recommend Woodwinds because they are professionals who will do anything and everything for you. Our wedding was perfect thanks to everyone at Woodwinds!!

Sent on 06/16/2019

Lisa · Married on 12/22/2018

Our magical winter wedding!

We got married at The Woodwinds on 12/22/18, and it couldn’t have been a more perfect day! First, they were so responsive to all of our phone calls and emails throughout the year and a half of our planning process. When I just couldn’t decide on centerpieces, I called the main office and Kristy put me in touch with their in-house florist, Joanna. I sent her a few photos of some ideas that I liked and she managed to incorporate everything that I wanted! Ken was also totally accommodating when we made several changes to our guest list and seating chart in the week leading up to our wedding due to last minute cancellations.

As for the day of the wedding, the entire staff was amazing! Randy and Neka were on top of everything. Neka even swapped out the pens for our guestbook to ones that would work better on canvas before we had a chance to ask, and she showed up at our table with cough drops for me because she noticed I was getting over a cold.

We’ve gotten so many compliments on how beautiful the wedding was, thanks in large part to the wonderful holiday decorations; how great the food was--from cocktail hour and dinner to our late-night donut bar; and how wonderful the wait staff and bartenders were. It all made for such a magical day.

Sent on 01/13/2019
    The Woodwinds 13
    The Woodwinds 14
    The Woodwinds 15
    The Woodwinds 16

Karissa · Married on 12/01/2018

I highly recommend the Woodwinds for your wedding venue. My fiancé and I are currently in the process of planning our wedding and the staff at the Woodwinds have made it that much more of a pleasurable experience. We had been to 4-5 venues before going to the Woodwinds, and just when I thought I lost hope, this venue was everything I could have imagined. My fiancé and I both had so much relief after we booked. Vanessa is awesome! We are currently working together with her to pull our Christmastime wedding off! Her flexibility in scheduling is great as well as her response time. So very helpful, making what a stressful time planning that much more exciting and a breeze! They are so easy to work with. Menu options are fantastic and so reasonable, good quality for a fair price. The venue is beautiful, especially for a winter theme in which I am having! So far our experience has been great. We absolutely have no doubts on having gone with different venue.

Karissa Berube

Christine · Married on 11/08/2018

Wonderful landscape

Our wedding video and images came out amazing the wood winds landscape was just wonderful in September.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Erica · Married on 10/20/2018

Fabulous!

A perfect venue for the perfect day!!!!! Everyone was AMAZING there!!!! With such gorgeous grounds and extremely well trained attentive staff catering to your every need this is the BEST venue in all of CT!!!!! It would be a HUGE mistake to pass this venue over!!!! Their packages are all inclusive with top if the line AMAZING food, open bar, cake, and your own personal bridal attendant, you can't go wrong!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Deane Beaucais · Married on 10/18/2018

Outstanding!

Everyone from Vanessa at tour and booing, Ken in management, Randy our event coordinator and Neka, my attendant made our day so spectacular and amazing. Guests had an excellent night. Top praises on the food, service and overall experience!!!! Can't thank everyone enough for making our wedding so special!!!!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    The Woodwinds 17
    The Woodwinds 18

Hannah · Married on 10/12/2018

If you tour Woodwinds, you will not regret it. Vanessa made our experience with booking so fun and easy. The packages they offer are the best value you'll find anywhere. We would recommend this venue to anyone.

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2018

My fiancé and I want a small intimate wedding, and finding a venue for a party of 100 or less limits options. Most venues require a high minimum count. Woodwinds however, can accommodate both the small and the large wedding. The mangers of the venue and owners have great attention to detail. You'll notice that the grounds are very well maintained, the interior and exterior of the building are in excellent condition, and paint and carpets are maintained. All things one would expect of every establishment, but something we didn't find after touring several. You'll also notice that the quality and attentiveness of employees and organizers is top notch. Most have been with Woodwinds for years; a very good sign. In addition to all this, the price was competitive. We also appreciated them quoting a single figure that included tax and gratuity so there were no hidden fees we didn’t expect. Booking Woodwinds was an easy decision for us and we couldn’t be happier!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Kalie · Married on 09/28/2018

My fiancé and are so excited to get married here next year! We attended another wedding there this past June - the grounds are fabulous, the food is even better. I really liked the atmosphere! It’s so easy to set up a consultation with Vanessa, who is super sweet and knowledgeable! Highly recommended (already).

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2018

My fiance, parents, and I met with Vanessa to take a tour of the venue on 9/16/17 . The reception space is beautiful, with high ceilings, neutral colored walls, and a lot of space so it doesn't feel over-crowded which is exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately it is hard to find what you are looking for when your'e planning a wedding on a budget, but luckily Vanessa was able to work with me and we ended up booking our wedding that same day! I can't wait for the big day!

Sara · Married on 09/22/2018

I am having my wedding here next summer and me and my fiancé are so excited about it! we fell in love with this venue the minute we saw it and the staff here made us 100% sure we wanted to book this venue! They are amazing to work with and always get right back to us when we call or email. so excited for the big day to come!!

Sent on 10/02/2017
  • lsm0908

Lindsay · Married on 09/08/2018

The team at the WoodWinds has been more than accommodating during our wedding planning process. We've reached back out to them several times since booking and have always received answers quickly. I'm having a large, multi-cultural wedding and they are not phased by it at all! We're working with them to do a slightly different menu than what is normally offered to include Indian cuisine and it has been a breeze to discuss these logistics. We looked at several other venues and none of them were as willing as the WoodWinds to work with us to get the food situation sorted out. Throughout the booking process, they answered multiple emails from me, my fiance, and my parents and made sure we all understood what was being discussed. I highly suggest visiting the WoodWinds!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 08/31/2018

AMAZING! From start to finish, Woodwinds was perfect. From our first meeting with Vanessa to our wedding day last Sunday everything was smooth as silk. Ken made the planning process super easy and was always prompt with answers to any questions we might have had. They have the best staff of any venue we have ever been to, everyone was unbelievably helpful. Randy made our wedding day go exactly as planned. we honestly could not have asked for a more perfect day! Nika our bridal attendant was always there to take care of anything we could possibly think of, as well as spoiling our bridal party with drinks and appetizers during our pictures. We had our ceremony by the waterfall and it was perfect. the food was amazing, our guests had nothing but good things to say about the staff and food.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Marisa · Married on 08/05/2018

I only researched other vendors because I didn't want guests to think I was just recreating my sister's wedding for myself. But from the minute we left our tour visit with Vanessa we knew we'd get married at The Woodwinds just as my sister did 4 years ago. Everything was above and beyond from the beginning. They were the only vendor we would've felt horrible saying "we've decided to go with someone else" to, mostly because they were extremely helpful, genuinely caring, and very accommodating. It certainly helped that we had already experienced a great wedding as guests! Pricing was well worth what you get and they made payments easy. I thought I had odd requests during drop off but Randy didn't bat an eye, nothing affected him and he made me feel like I wasn't as crazy as I sounded to myself. I truly can't put into words how magical our wedding night was. It was over 90 degrees, and we got married by the waterfall and had our reception in the beautiful garden room. My bridal attendant, Kim, fanned me while wearing long sleeves and long pants under the hot sun! Staff was waiting for us after the ceremony with cold towels, water, and appetizers. Kim made sure I didn't want for anything all night. She took my husband's tux jacket to clean a stain he didn't even notice. If my bridesmaids tried to help, she sent them away to enjoy themselves only after making sure they were taken care of as well. My guests haven't stopped raving about the delicious food, the phenomenal service, and the gorgeous grounds. We were all made to feel like royalty by Woodwinds. This was a wedding that won't soon be forgotten and a venue that should be number 1 on everyone's list.

Sent on 08/11/2018
    The Woodwinds 19
    The Woodwinds 20
    The Woodwinds 21
    The Woodwinds 22

Emily · Married on 08/04/2018

I love the fact that we booked with The Woodwinds! My fiancé and I knew right away when walking in that this was the place! Vanessa has been more than helpful throughout our process so far, and I'm confident that my wedding will go great when it comes to the venue.