The Woman's Club of Portsmouth Reviews

49 | Portsmouth, VA

49 Reviews for The Woman's Club of Portsmouth

Tom · Married on 06/08/2018

Absolutely loved the venue. Everyone was very helpful, and it was great being able to set it up exactly how we wanted to.

Sent on 06/12/2018

katie · Married on 05/19/2018

I could not have been happier choosing the Womens Club of Portsmouth as our venue. The venue alone is absolutely stunning. They have gorgeous hard wood floors, breathtaking chandeliers, cathedral height ceilings, an open back deck with a pergola, romantic covered front porch, spacious bridal suite and room for the guys too. This venue is romantic, warm, and beautiful; not to mention affordable. I am so happy choosing this venue!

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • SarahE.

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

We absolutely love this venue! We had the entire venue for the whole day and I wouldn't have had it any other way! My whole bridal party was able to get ready in the Bridal Suite and have our stylist come to us which made us not have to run around all day! We got married on the back porch underneath their pergola, had our cocktail hour on the front porch and our reception inside! All of our guest loved the valet parking and how beautiful the venue was. Brittany and Kelly are both so sweet and made sure all of our needs were met. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/10/2017

Beautiful venue and helpful staff.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Trisha · Married on 09/09/2017

Most beautiful, romantic place for an evening wedding catered by the black pelican. Their good was spectacular and provided phenomenal service. The Buffett set up was unbelievably beautiful. I'd never of thought to have Buffett until I was at this wedding and saw this set up. Could not believe it. The facility was clean and very warm feeling. Beautiful water view from back deck. Picture perfect. Something you'd see in a magazine.

Sent on 09/10/2017

Ashley · Married on 01/21/2017

This venue was beyond perfect. From the moment I first saw this venue I knew it was where I wanted to get married. You can dress it up or use the bare minimum of decorations and your wedding will still be radiant. The bridal suite is imaculant and spacious. The down stairs bathrooms are just as equally beautiful. Basically you can't go wrong by choosing this place to say your I Do's.

The staff, Kelly and Brittany are amazing. They answered numerous of my e-mails and accommodated my many trips "just to see" the venue. They made me feel like I was the only Bride getting married there. I was always addressed by name and they took the time to listen to any and all of my concerns. If the venue doesn't seal the deal they will. I can not say enough wonderful things about this place. This venue will forever be imprinted on my heart.

Sent on 02/01/2017

Heather · Married on 09/25/2016

The staff at the woman's club were amazing to work with! We got the entire venue from 8am until midnight to decorate, take down, whatever we needed to do. They include the tables in the rental price, which is great. The venue is so gorgeous. My guests still say how amazing it was!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Mandy · Married on 09/17/2016

I am so in love with this venue!! Everything from the venue itself to the wonderful staff was just perfect! The bridal suite was gorgeous and provided plenty of room for all of us gals to get ready. I loved the option of doing the ceremony & cocktail hour outside and the reception inside. I'm so happy we chose the Woman's Club!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Eileen · Married on 08/21/2016

Absolutely beautiful venue. Lots of space and room for my wedding of over 180 guests. Loved the bridal suite to get ready in and many picturesque places around and in the venue. Perfect space.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Alexis · Married on 06/19/2016

The Woman's Club was everything I could've dreamed of for my wedding. The beautiful vaulted ceilings, chandeliers, hardwood flooring, and the convenient bridal suite upstairs made this venue a clear choice. It's classic, needs minimal decorating and working with Kelly was so easy. She was patient and very responsive.

Sent on 07/03/2016
  • User4520361 · 2+ years ago

I love this venue and cannot wait to have my wedding here in May. Kelly and Brittany have been amazing with responding to emails and answering any questions that we may have. On top of that, the venue is beautiful and offers a lot of flexibility with time.

Sent on 10/19/2015

Somer · Married on 02/27/2016

So far, our experience with the Woman's Club of Portsmouth has been pretty great. The representative for the Woman's Club has been VERY responsive, even before we signed our contract. We decided to have our wedding reception on a Monday because the fee could not be passed up. It is so affordable and it might be possible that my dress may cost more. We have been to the Woman's Club a couple of times and the place has always been clean and smells brand new everytime. I really like how there is a ice machine in the kitchen which will make our catering cost even lower. The Club is big enough to have a separate area for Cocktail hour. This reception venue is A++

Sent on 12/08/2014

Kayla · Married on 02/14/2016

The Woman's Club of Portsmouth, while a difficult venue to attain, is a beautiful place and a great value! My spouse and I booked the venue two years in advance of our Valentine's Day wedding, and collaborating with the ladies who work there was such a pleasure. This is a MUST location for any wedding!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Southern charm in the heart of Portsmouth! I wouldn't have dreamed of choosing another venue for my special day!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Lori · Married on 10/02/2015

We just recently had our wedding at the Woman's Club of Porstmouth. Our entire experience was positive working with them leading up to the event and the day-of. They are a great value for such a beautiful venue and allow you the flexibility of choosing your own caterer and having the space for the entire day for set up. The Woman's Club has the added bonus of having a big deck and front porch for optional ceremony or cocktail hour space, along with such a nice Bridal room to get ready in. I highly recommend this facility for anyone's big day!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2015

All I can say is they were wonderful! The guests loved the venue and they were very accomadating.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Kendal · Married on 05/29/2015

This venue is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am so blessed we had it for our wedding!! It was stunning!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/15/2015

The Woman's Club was more than I ever dreamed of! They were very accommodating and it was so incredibly beautiful! Our guests are still talking about it!

Sent on 06/19/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 05/09/2015

The Portsmouth Woman's Club is a beautiful venue! The Southern Charm Of the building is one of a kind. The flexibility to bring your own vendors is a huge bonus. Our day was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Aubrey · Married on 05/03/2015

SUCH a beautiful venue! Everything was absolutely perfect. The staff were helpful whenever I had questions or wanted to come measure a wall or look at a random area throughout the wedding planning process.

Sent on 06/13/2015

Absolutely the BEST wedding venue in Hampton Roads! The Woman's Club is absolutely stunning. It was remodeled specifically for weddings and events which is evident in how everything is so thoughtfully set up and laid out. It rained the day of our wedding and we still got amazing pictures due to the fact that the Woman's Club has so many beautiful spaces both indoors and outdoors. Brittany and the whole staff were amazing to work with as well. I will say that it books pretty far in advance (like a year and a half +) so I would be open to the idea of having a Friday or Sunday wedding- it worked just as well for us, if not better. It also saves you some money and gives you a few more dates to choose from as well.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Shannon · Married on 03/14/2015

Gorgeous! Absolutely recommend! Brittany and Kelly are excellent to work with and they are seasoned professionals when it comes to weddings! The Woman's Club is such a unique venue with so much potential to make your wedding any was you picture it!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Our wedding was amazing at the Womans Club! Great staff. Great lighting.

Sent on 02/26/2015

Laurie · Married on 12/14/2014

Loved this venue ! It makes for a beautiful wedding and reception. The staff is very easy to work with and they are very organized !

Sent on 12/19/2014

Joy · Married on 12/14/2014

Brittany was very very helpful. The venue was amazing. It was beautiful and spotless. The bridal sweet was perfect and had all the space needed. All the character that the venue offers makes for a perfect rustic wedding venue.

Sent on 01/10/2015