The Willows at Historic Strasburg Reviews

The Willows at Historic Strasburg 5
The Willows at Historic Strasburg 6
The Willows at Historic Strasburg 7

Michele · Married on 10/02/2010

We are so happy we had our wedding at the Fireside Tavern. Stephanie and Amanda were fantastic and always available to answer any questions we had. The grounds are beautiful, the bridal suite was perfect and the food is amazing! Our guests are still raving about it. We will always look back and say "what a perfect day we had". Thank you to the Fireside and all who made our wedding a flawless success!!

Sent on 10/08/2010

Rachael · Married on 08/21/2010

When we first visited the Fireside Tavern, it was love at first sight. The Ballroom has an ambiance and elegance that was not found while visiting any other venue. Along with the beauty of the Ballroom, in the planning for our wedding we found the staff to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful every step of the way. The day of the wedding when boxes of favors, place cards, etc. was delivered by our parents, they (Fireside Tavern staff) set the room up for us perfectly. During the reception the staff went above and beyond to ensure that everything ran smoothly and was just how we envisioned it. Since our wedding, we have received a multitude of compliments surrounding the food, service and setting of our reception. Our dinner was served with two plate options, one of which was a filet that was prepared perfectly and consistently. We truly could go on forever, but it comes down to that the service was fantastic and they really made our reception something straight from our dreams.

Sent on 09/18/2010

Laurie · Married on 06/26/2010

The Historic Strasburg Inn did a fabulous job for us on our daughter's wedding day. The food was incredible, the reception area was beautiful, and every need was met by a very attentive staff. They were wonderful and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/03/2010

Megan · Married on 06/26/2010

The Fireside Tavern was a wonderful place to have a wedding! Our ceremony was outdoors and it was just beautiful! The reception area (indoors) was beautiful and was spacious enough to fit all of our guest comfortably while seated or dancing! While everything was beautiful, the service was even better. We were assigned to work with Amanda for our wedding day and she was just wonderful. She took care of everything and kept the stress levels down on the day of the wedding. She was helpful, responsive, and very professional. I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 07/08/2010

Michelle · Married on 05/22/2010

Fireside Tavern was absolutely perfect! We had our ceremony outside in the courtyard and the reception inside. Everything was beautiful. Amanda, the wedding coordinator that day was extremely pleasant and attentive... We couldn't have asked for anyone better for the day. Our guests raved about the food and atmosphere. David, Steve, and Stephanie were great to work with preceding the wedding, too! If you asked us to do it over again there, we would in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Dawn · Married on 05/01/2010

Our daughter's wedding at the Fireside Tavern was PERFECT!!! The food and professionalism was worth every penny. Weeks later, people are still commenting how the beef with carmelized onions melted in their mouths. We had the ceremony outside in the courtyard at the gazebo and then the reception inside the Grande Ballroom. All of it was so beautiful. People are so surprised to hear that there wasn't a single snag in our day. Amanda and David, at Fireside, orchestrated the whole event, starting with the rehearsal the night before. That allowed me, the mother of the bride, to relax and actually enjoy the day with our family and friends. Our experience with Fireside Tavern was way above my expectation and I will recommend Fireside Tavern to everyone I know looking for the perfect place for their wedding. Our wedding experience could not have been more beautiful and organized. Thanks so much!!! Dawn Brill-Cooper

Sent on 05/12/2010

Amy · Married on 04/24/2010

I grew up in Lancaster and wanted a venue with that “Lancaster County Feel” but since I had been living in Philadelphia and my fiancé in New York, we also wanted something that would appeal to our out-of-town guests. The Fireside Tavern was the best of both worlds. The ballroom has an elegant country feel, and after our first meeting with Stephanie, we knew that the staff would be very professional, classy and would be able to meet our needs. We had 240 guests, and the ballroom fit everyone very comfortably. No one felt crowded at the tables or on the dance floor (and we had a lot of guests dancing all night).

Stephanie and Dave were great to work with, and Stephanie was very quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls. They really listened to what was important to us and worked to please. For example, they knew that having our cocktail hour outside was very important to us and they did everything they could to honor that request. The weather was questionable but they kept their eye on the hourly forecast all day. When I arrived, I was certain that they would have moved the cocktail hour inside, but they said the rain wasn’t supposed to start until after the cocktail hour so it was set up outside and it worked out great (and looked beautiful, too)!

The food was absolutely great and we got so many compliments from all of our guests on how delicious it was. We chose to go with the buffet option and we were very pleased with our choice. Many people told us that you didn’t even need a knife to cut the beef because it was so tender, and others were raving about the apricot salmon. In fact, one man told me that he doesn’t even usually like salmon, but this salmon was delicious and the best he’s had. We were also pleased with how quickly everyone moved through the buffet line so there was plenty of time for dancing. They also did a great job with staffing because the food was replenished and cleared quickly and there were never long lines at the bar!

Another added benefit to this venue is that there is the Historic Strasburg Inn on the premises. Since about 200 of our guests were out-of-town guests, it was great that we didn't have to worry about providing transportation to a hotel or having our guests drive anywhere. Having the Dave and Steve's Fireside Tavern (the restaurant/bar) on the premises also worked out great because many of our guests continued the celebration after the reception.

I thought they did a wonderful job with my wedding and I would highly recommend the Fireside Ballroom to anyone looking for a venue in Lancaster County!

Sent on 05/10/2010

Megan · Married on 11/07/2009

We held our reception here in November 2009. We could not be happier with the entire day. David and Stephanie worked to make sure everything was how we asked for it to be. The customized our menu and answered every question quickly and honestly. I appreciated their candor and experience. The food was incredible. My husband and I still go to the Fireside Tavern and eat there. Our out of town guests appreciated the overnight accommodations so close. We would recommend Fireside Tavern to everyone.

Sent on 02/27/2010

Lee · Married on 10/11/2009

Absolutely fantastic experience working with the Fireside Tavern staff. We could not have asked for more. Highly recommended.

Sent on 03/01/2010

Michelle · Married on 03/07/2009

Such a wonderful experince working with David Haines!! The setting for the Inn is absolutely beautiful and located right in the heart of Amish Country (seeing the buggies drive by was a treat for our out of town guests). The food was amazing and we were vey impressed with the years of experience David and his chef have. Our wedding was the perfect blend of country charm and urban sophistication. David took care of everything and we couldn't have been more happy!

Sent on 04/08/2009

Jacklyn · Married on 10/04/2008

I am IN LOVE with this place. Even now, my husband and I plan on spending our first wedding anniversary eating dinner at the resturant on the property. It was an amazing day, and would not have been possible without the staff at Historic Strasburg. The location, the food, the helpfulness of the staff, the ease at which everything was done...words cannot describe how much faith I would put in these people to pull off ANY event at their location. I'd do it again in a hearbeat (well, hopefully not, but any other party I'd have here!)

Sent on 01/10/2009

Julie · Married on 07/26/2013

I would definitely recommend the Fireside Tavern to any Lancaster bride. What attracted my husband and I to the Fireside to begin with was the all inclusive packages. There were NO extra fees. Stephanie and Amanda are up front with you from the beginning. Besides that we had an excellent experience. Amanda and Stephanie were extremely accommodating and helpful. Amanda was very involved during the rehearsal and the day of the wedding to make sure everything went by without a hitch! The staff at the Fireside were great as well! They were very friendly, accommodating, and went out of their way to provide an excellent experience. Everything the day of was very relaxed and we were able to fully enjoy the day!

Sent on 08/11/2013
  • I

Sheila · Married on 07/24/2010

The Fireside Tavern staff did an excellent job hosting my wedding reception. They were helpful during the planning process. The staff always answered all of my questions and concerns. Everyone at the wedding was impressed with the delicious food and beautiful ballroom. They were flexible with me when changes came up. I am so happy that I chose the Fireside Tavern to host my wedding reception.

Sent on 09/01/2010

Stephanie · Married on 03/24/2012

Everything was great. The owners worked directly with us throughout the planning stages of the wedding. They answered all of my questions. As we got closer to the date of the wedding the office staff was very helpful in answering the last minute questions and helping to ensure that the venue looked just the way we wanted it to. The food was incredible! We had chicken cordon bleu and prime rib. Everyone loved their entrees. The service was flawless and the head water catered to my new husband's request for a soda which wasn't on our menu. The pace of the food service was great. The whole evening was just perfect. We can't thank the owners enough for their attention to detail and for working with us throughout the process.

Sent on 06/07/2012

Rachel · Married on 05/29/2010

Fireside Tavern was fantastic! We actually had our ceremony at a nearby church, then had our reception at Fireside. They were very flexible with what we wanted to do picture-wise. Before the wedding, my husband was a little bummed that he wouldn't get to try any of the hor'derves that we selected (because they had a great selection!) but when we were out there for pictures, two butlers came out with hor'derves and beverages! Their service was great! They even folded peoples napkins up again while the guests were at the buffet line! Now the food - phenomenal! Everybody loved it! I highly recommend their famous Tomato Bisque soup!!! My husband and I were served our entire meal, drinks and all. Anything we wanted or needed they got for us! Our guests were having such a great time, that we decided to rent Fireside for an extra hour as well as our DJ, we were just surprised at how much an extra hour at the Tavern cost, but we chose to stay anyway. They helped us clean up, they had everything ready for us when we were leaving! I can't even begin to tell you how many of our guests commented on how great the service was! I highly recommend Fireside Tavern! They will treat you like royalty on your big day!

Sent on 06/04/2010

Beth · Married on 10/04/2009

Everyone raved about the food and the beautiful location. They made everything very easy the day-of. Our family and friends are still talking about it.

Sent on 12/30/2009

Rose · Married on 09/11/2010

My daughter's wedding reception at the Fireside Tavern was terrific! The food and service was the best! Many of our guests commented on how great the food and service was. The staff managed to serve 250 hot dinners that were delicious.
    They provided a wedding planner that was so easy to work with. She started with us at 11:00 AM the day of the wedding and assisted us all day and until our reception ended at 10:00 that evening. She took care of all the details which allowed us to enjoy the day.
    I could not think of anything that we would have wanted to change with either the ceremony or the reception.

Sent on 09/14/2010

Rose · Married on 09/11/2010

We had a perfect wedding at the Fireside Tavern last weekend. The service was excellent and the food was fabulous! We have had many call from friends and family this week telling us that the dinner was the best they ever were served at a wedding. They managed to serve 250 guests a hot meal and the servers were terrific.
    The wedding planner, Amanda, was assisting us the entire day from 11:00 AM until 11:00 PM. She was very professional and took care of all the details so that we could enjoy our day. It was a great day to remember and we would not change a thing if we had it to do over.

Sent on 09/18/2010

Jamie · Married on 09/12/2009

I had my September wedding and reception here. We were planning for an outdoor wedding and then moving the reception into the ballroom with attending guests being roughly 180 people. Unfortunately it was not in the cards for us to have the perfect weather to be outside so we moved indoors. It was not ideal but the David and Amanda were so helpful in making the best out of the situation. We were able to move everything indoors with minimal hassle and incovience to our guests. I would definitely recommend to other, in fact I have. Oh and the food was out of this world!

Sent on 03/15/2011

The food is delicious. They took care of a lot of the special touches we wanted and the pricing was very clear. I liked that they didn't charge extra for everything.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

3.5
      3.5

Amanda was amazing as our coordinator and so helpful throughout the entire process- from the initial tour to the folllw up after the wedding. Amanda made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible (no wedding is without hiccups but none related to her or Fireside Tavern). Fireside Tavern is an amazing venue with great food and service!

Sent on 11/08/2017
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 8
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 9

4.2

Decent wedding. Some of the staff were somewhat passive aggressive though.

Sent on 11/13/2013
  • Madeline

Madeline Berger · Married on 06/08/2019

4.2

The Best Choice

The staff at The Willows was helpful, responsive, resourceful, and, most of all, extremely fun and excited during the ceremony and reception of our wedding. They seemed to have fun throughout the process, even when helping me take off my dress and pack my things up at the end of the night. Butlers served hot hors d'ouvres outside while wedding party taking pictures. Special drink thoughtfully prepared by the staff based off our wedding theme and served to us all night. Worked immaculately with the DJ and bar-tending service for a seamless evening. Clean-up was swift and staff was helpful. Accommodated some pretty big modifications to the space, and hosted several impromptu walk-through tours with family members before the day. Just a few small touches that made The Willows the best decision of our night. We were on top of the world that night!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Melissa · Married on 08/13/2011

3.2
      2.0

From the moment we first met Amanda and was shown the Ballroom and courtyard, we fell in love. I started becoming very discouraged with the Fireside's service when all of a sudden I was no longer dealing with Amanda. Stephanie began responding to my emails and I started finding discrepancies in things they had each told us. When we were shown the courtyard, we immediately asked about the hotel rooms facing the courtyard... were guests going to be walking through my wedding, spectating, being loud? Amanda assured us during our tour that we would be able to block those rooms for our guests... perfect! Except for the fact that it was a lie. The hotel does not guarantee those rooms for weddings. And on the night before my wedding, at our rehearsal, guests were walking through the ceremony site in their bathing suits - I was furious! The hotel was uncooperative and unwilling to work with me. They said they are a separate entity of the Fireside and they do not communicate for events. My guests were literally spread out ALL OVER the hotel. During our rehearsal we were assured that the grass would be cut and the flower beds cleaned up - because they weren't! They started the morning of the wedding, which is ridiculous to think they would have to have something like that pointed out to them since they have weddings in the courtyard all the time.
    When I arrived to the venue at 1pm the day of the wedding, I was immediatly bombarded by Amanda and Steve to bring the wedding inside because it was sprinkling. I saw that the inside room was already set up so I asked them to keep both set up until we know for sure if it would rain. It was important to me to have the wedding outside. My mother passed away a year ago and I felt like she would be watching over us. Steve said he would need 1.5 hours to break down the outside... so I said I would make a decision by 3:30pm. Amanda came in to the bridal suite on numerous occasions asking me to bring it inside. I told her I would let her know by 3:30pm. I even asked her to talk to the groom because he was outside getting pictures taken and he would know better than I would. She came in at one point and said it was thundering, I asked my groom if it was thundering and he said he didn't hear it and he was outside. I feel like they just disregarded the importance I felt having the ceremony outside and didn't care. At 3:15 I told Amanda to just bring it inside because I saw the sky was getting darker. I then asked her to make sure I wasn't getting charged for the outside courtyard, since the inside ceremony is included in the reception fee. She asked Steve and he waived the ceremony fee, but charged me a $200 break-down fee because I told them too late. I told Amanda that I disagreed with the charge and I asked to speak to Steve. He was a very rude and inconsiderate person. I can't believe that they would think about nickle and diming me after having my heart broken with bringing the ceremony inside. And then on top of all that, I had spent weeks making petal toss cones by hand with so much detail with ribbons and a silver stamp, and I couldn't use them... because if we threw petals, I would be charged $150 for clean-up. I had to ask if I would be charged for the flower girls petals, which thankfully they let me do without any charge.
    I suppose if the day had been beautiful, I wouldn't have been completely upset with the Fireside, besides the blocked room situation. However, I feel like the Fireside should know how to work out problems and hiccups in a brides plans. I was never told a Plan B... it was always the rose-colored picture of a perfect wedding day. If I had it all to do over again, I would not choose the Fireside as my venue. Their service was horrible from the moment I was switched consultants, to the time I was told I was being charged a break-down fee. It is the bridal consultants job to work out the problems and understand a bride's wants and needs. With my mother's passing, the wedding was primarily paid for by me... to have this place nickle and dime a bride is unacceptable. I will never recommend this place to anyone because I feel like they only care about money and not the bride and her groom.

Sent on 09/27/2011