The Willows at Historic Strasburg Reviews

The Willows at Historic Strasburg 7
  • Shannon

Shannon Peffley · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Stress and Worry Free Experience

What a beautiful venue! The Willows exceeded my expectations. Their facility was the perfect spot for our ceremony and reception. Their staff was on top of everything. The evening went smoothly. Everything had been cleaned up and boxed up before our eyes. It was seamless and efficient. I do have to thank Amanda who came to the rescue when my mother in law's dress would not zipper. She carefully secured her dress with safety pins so that she could enjoy the evening. Many many thanks to the staff at the Willows

Sent on 04/27/2019
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 8

Jenna Kessler · Married on 09/21/2019

Outstanding

Amanda and her team at The Willows were absolutely fabulous to work with!! A 5 star rating doesn’t even do them justice! From the very first meeting we had with Amanda over a year ago up until the very last minute of our reception, she was there to help and went above and beyond our expectations and then a little bit more. From the littlest of details to the biggest, she and her team were there every step of the way. I wish we could get married all over again so we could re-live every second! The professionalism, the food, and the entire atmosphere at The Willows was excellent and I’m so happy Amanda and her team were a part of our special day and it truly is a day we will remember forever! Thank you Amanda and your team from the very bottoms of our hearts!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Michele Lichty · Married on 09/07/2019

Great reception experience. Perfect day.

Food was excellent. Amanda was helpful and guided us with professionalism through the whole process. I would highly recommend The Willows to any couple.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 07/27/2019

Phenomenal Wedding

I cannot begin to explain how amazing Amanda was making our special day come true! Seeing everything come together step by step until the final day was amazing! Amanda helped accommodate all changes when needed and was there every step of the way to help when needed in this process. The venue is beautiful and perfect for pictures. The food selection was very popular with our guests! This venue was perfect to make our wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 9
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 10
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 11
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 12

Anna Mills · Married on 06/29/2019

EXCELLENT - highly recommend

Could not say enough good things about this venue. It is a hidden gem. Super affordable and beautiful. The food is incredible. The location is super convenient because it is within walking distance to two hotels. The wedding planners were super accommodating, helpful, and kind. I highly, highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Tracy · Married on 06/01/2019

Fabulous Venue

The Willows is a wonderful venue. Amanda, the wedding coordinator, was the ultimate professional. She and the venue were very accommodating with all of our needs. My guests raved about the food, the excellent waitstaff and the ambiance. It was a day to remember and we cannot thank Amanda and the Willows enough for making it so special.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Megan

Megan Hartman · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely amazing!!!

My husband & I knew when we toured The Willows, that we knew it was the one. From the start, they were absolutely amazing! They worked with us every single step of the way! They also allowed us to make payments here and there, that way at the end it wasn’t so much for us. They set everything up and tear it down. They make sure things run smoothly and it’s absolutely beautiful! The food is some of the best wedding food I’ve ever had! We had a million compliments on how gorgeous everything was (I barely had any decorations), and how amazing the food and service was! I can’t recommend this place enough. My husband & I plan to make it a yearly visit for dinners with the restaurant attached to the venue.

Sent on 05/23/2019
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 13
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 14

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2018

Everything we could ask for and more!!

The venue was beautiful, affordable, had the capability to host an indoor or outdoor wedding based on the weather, had plenty of room for our guests, and an amazing bridal suite. Amanda, our wedding coordinator, was fantastic through every step of the way! She was very insightful and helpful. The venue helped set up all of our decorations and even provided the centerpieces and table numbers. Amanda really put a lot of work into our special day and made it as stress free as possible! She coordinated with all of our vendors, guided them in regards as to where to set up, and even helped fend off some nosey relatives who were trying to sneak a peek of bride. At the end of the night, she helped make sure that we had gathered all of our decorations and that we didn't leave anything behind. Once the reception was over, some of our guests wanted to continue the party, and they were able to go to the tavern around front. Overall, The Willows at Historic Strasburg has everything you could want or need for a successful wedding! I would highly recommend The Willows at Historic Strasburg to any couple who is looking to get married in picturesque Lancaster county!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Corrinne · Married on 09/15/2018

My husband and I couldn’t be more pleased with The Willow’s located at Fireside Tavern in Strasburg, Pa. Our wedding coordinator’s name was Amanda. From day one we started planning our wedding working closely with Amanda. She was absolutely wonderful! The entire staff was pleasant, friendly and extremely attentive to not just my husband and I but to our entire guests. The food was absolutely delicious, hot and served to perfection. Amanda and the staff at Fireside allowed me to enjoy my wedding from start to finish without having to worry about a thing. I would love to renew our vows in a few years and hands down we both said The Willows will be our place to have our next ceremony. Highly recommend holding your rehearsal dinner with The Willow’s as well. The Prime Rib was excellent!! Again, the entire staff and Amanda made our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner effortless! My family and friends are still raving about how wonderful our rehearsal food was.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

5’s do not go high enough she it comes to how great the staff, food & venue all together were! Buffet food came out AMAZING, Amanda their event planner is top notch!!!! She makes everything convenient, smooth & takes the stress out of wedding planning!! Their bartenders for wedding are super fast & friendly! They gave top notch service for an amazing price! Amanda is every brides dream for making their wedding the exact perfectness got them’

Sent on 06/07/2018

Jordan · Married on 07/28/2018

Beautiful venue, fantastic food, and great wedding planner !

Sent on 08/14/2018

Cristiana · Married on 06/23/2018

We had an amazing wedding day, especially thanks to Amanda! From the first time we met with her, she was incredibly helpful and prompt in answering any questions via email or by phone. Amanda went above and beyond on our wedding day, as we needed to move cocktail hour inside the day of our wedding. She is attentive and thoughtful, she even sent a tray of h’ors deuveres out to our bridal party while we were taking pictures during cocktail hour and she noticed immidiately when I had frosting on my dress from cake cutting!

The Willows was in the process of being renamed during our wedding and was renamed 3 months prior to our wedding day. It is a gorgeous, whimsical ballroom, perfect for any couple searching for a elegant wedding venue! Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was and how AMAZING the food was! We opted to have a buffet, and food was excellent. The Willows is a very accommodating venue, I was able to add everything I wanted to our wedding day to make it special and unique.

We feel very fortunate to have had Amanda as our wedding coordinator and are so thankful we chose The Willows as our venue!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Julie · Married on 05/27/2018

I loved the Willows! Amanda was great throughout the whole process: planning, tasting, actual event, etc. She was responsive to all needs and unphased by any little changes or unexpected happenings. The food at the Willows was one of the things my guests are still talking about, three weeks after the wedding. I am so glad that this was the wedding venue we choose. We will go back again to the restaurant.

Sent on 06/15/2018
  • Cristina

Cristina · Married on 05/19/2018

Perfection

To say the Willows met our expectations is an understatement. We had over 140 people in from around the US in for our wedding and everyone raved about how incredible the vibe was and how delicious the food was. Amanda made it a point to check in with us throughout the night and she was extremely attentive to all of our needs. I would HIGHLY recommend the Willows to anyone and everyone! By far incredible choice to have them as our reception venue!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Alyssa · Married on 05/05/2018

Honestly could not have wished for a better experience. Amanda and the staff at The Willows were more than amazing. All of our guests were raving about the food and the service the staff gave. I would recommend The Willows to any bride looking for a beautiful place to have their ceremony and reception at. Thank you again, Amanda and the staff at The Willows! You gave us great memories we will cherish forever.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I got married at the Willows on April 28th 2018. Amanda was so WONDERFUL to work with!! She made our special day easy to enjoy as she and the staff of the Willows ensured that every detail was covered, even down to the possibility of rain impeding our outdoor ceremony. Everyone who attended the wedding said that it was beautiful, that the food was delicious, and that the service was outstanding! Thank you Amanda and the staff of the Willows for helping us celebrate our big day!!

Sent on 05/09/2018

abby · Married on 04/08/2018

Amanda was amazing!!! I’m an anxious person so I emailed her so many times asking questions and she was always quick to get back to me and very gracious. The food was amazing and I would easily choose this venue again. Everyone said how pretty the reception was and that it was some of the best wedding food they've ever had!

Sent on 04/29/2018

amber · Married on 01/13/2018

Wonderful Venue and place to work with from start to finish. It was January and they worked with us to have an amazing ceremony outside (yes, it was cold) but so beautiful. Amanda was amazing and was with us from start to finish, letting us know of hang ups with the DJ, keeping myself and my husband separated, etc. We came in the day of the wedding and minor changes needed to be made as to my decor. Everything was exceptional! Tons of compliments on quality of food, etc. If I had to do it all again I would choose Fireside again.

Sent on 01/17/2018

Kristen · Married on 01/06/2018

Choosing Fireside Tavern for our wedding reception was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. Amanda Kramer and the staff at Fireside made sure everything was perfect for the day and above and beyond our expectations. From the moment we contacted Fireside all the way through when we left the reception we were treated like royalty. Amanda was very responsive to all questions and requests we had to make our wedding day perfect. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food is incredible. We had a beautiful wedding and would choose Fireside Tavern again if we could do it all over again.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Brooke · Married on 12/31/2017

We could not have asked for a better wedding day experience. The Fireside made our day so magical. Amanda made sure every detail was perfect and exactly how we wanted it. We didn't have to worry about a single thing the day of. They handled everything from meeting out vendors as they arrived and directing them to where they needed to be to making sure we were served promptly to ensuring we had fun the entire night. We are so happy we decided to spend our special day at the Fireside and would highly highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/07/2018
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 19
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 20
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 21

Stefanie · Married on 11/04/2017

Amanda was amazing. She made everything go smoothly and easy. The food was AMAZING...

Sent on 11/07/2017

lindsey · Married on 10/27/2017

There are tons of venues in Lancaster county and they're all very similar. But, what other venues don't have is a wedding coordinator like Amanda Kramer. She is the most thorough, kind, attentive, hardest working, and the best perfectionist that I have ever met. She made our wedding day PERFECT! She cut any possible stress out of the occasion, and made our vision come to life. Her communication skills are top notch, and Amanda makes sure you won't have a single worry during your event. She is superwoman! The food, venue, staff, and drinks were absolutely wonderful as well! The Fireside Tavern is second to none- we recommend it to anyone and everyone

Sent on 10/29/2017

My friend just had her wedding here this weekend and it was amazing. They covered all of decorating. They also set up and restocked the candy bar all night. The fireplaces in the ballroom make it absolutely gorgeous. Also, the grassy area outside the ballroom made for some amazing pictures!!! I would definitely consider this place for my upcoming wedding.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Tara · Married on 08/12/2017

The Fireside team literally went above and beyond in preparing for and running our wedding day. Amanda, Steve, Dave, Steph, and Chad (the Fireside team) assured that the food was prepared perfectly, the room was decorated exactly as we discussed, my husband and I were happy/fed/where we needed to be, and that things went off without a hitch. We got married at our church, but used the Fireside bridal suite for the girls to get ready, and for our cocktail hour and reception. Amanda brought anything we needed to the suite for the girls in the morning when getting ready. The suite is perfect for prep--plenty of light, mirrors, seats and space! Our cocktail hour was initially outside in the courtyard--gorgeous shrubs and flowers, a cocktail bar and the appetizers all just worked out there! A storm began to form so the team moved everyone/everything inside seamlessly. Our reception was fabulous. Amanda checked in with my husband and I a few times to ensure things were going well and that we had drinks and were content. Guests have complimented the food multiple times since our wedding day. The steak and salmon were perfectly prepared! The Fireside ballroom is beautiful without needing much done to it...gold accents (chandeliers, chairs, mirrors, fireplace). We were able to meet with the Fireside earlier in the week to go over all of our details of decorations and some of it we left up the Fireside's opinion/discretion. We were so so pleased with the layout of the ballroom and where everything was placed! we can't say enough GREAT things about the Fireside as a destination for your wedding. It is also flanked on either side by hotels making it super easy for guests to book a room the night of your wedding. A majority of our guests went to the Fireside bar/restaurant following the reception for drinks/food. We would highly recommend the Fireside to any couple who is looking for a gorgeous, delicious and FUN wedding location!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Nick · Married on 08/12/2017

The Fireside exceeded our expectations on our wedding day. They took care of every detail and had things in place and ready to go as we had discussed. The team at the Fireside goes out of their way to help you with your wedding day. The food was incredible. So many of our guests commented on their steaks! We loved having our cocktail hour outside in the courtyard and then moving inside for the reception. It made it seem like we had chosen more than 1 venue. The ballroom is so nice without needing much done to it at all. It was great after the wedding reception to be able to have guests move to the restaurant/bar in the Fireside for after-party drinks and snacks. So convenient. The Fireside is also next to 2 hotels which was super convenient for our guests. We would recommend the Fireside to any other couple looking for a great place to hold their wedding!

Sent on 09/10/2017