The Willows at Historic Strasburg Reviews

The Willows at Historic Strasburg 5
The Willows at Historic Strasburg 6
The Willows at Historic Strasburg 7

Brittany · Married on 10/20/2018

Everything we could ask for and more!!

The venue was beautiful, affordable, had the capability to host an indoor or outdoor wedding based on the weather, had plenty of room for our guests, and an amazing bridal suite. Amanda, our wedding coordinator, was fantastic through every step of the way! She was very insightful and helpful. The venue helped set up all of our decorations and even provided the centerpieces and table numbers. Amanda really put a lot of work into our special day and made it as stress free as possible! She coordinated with all of our vendors, guided them in regards as to where to set up, and even helped fend off some nosey relatives who were trying to sneak a peek of bride. At the end of the night, she helped make sure that we had gathered all of our decorations and that we didn't leave anything behind. Once the reception was over, some of our guests wanted to continue the party, and they were able to go to the tavern around front. Overall, The Willows at Historic Strasburg has everything you could want or need for a successful wedding! I would highly recommend The Willows at Historic Strasburg to any couple who is looking to get married in picturesque Lancaster county!!

Corrinne · Married on 09/15/2018

My husband and I couldn’t be more pleased with The Willow’s located at Fireside Tavern in Strasburg, Pa. Our wedding coordinator’s name was Amanda. From day one we started planning our wedding working closely with Amanda. She was absolutely wonderful! The entire staff was pleasant, friendly and extremely attentive to not just my husband and I but to our entire guests. The food was absolutely delicious, hot and served to perfection. Amanda and the staff at Fireside allowed me to enjoy my wedding from start to finish without having to worry about a thing. I would love to renew our vows in a few years and hands down we both said The Willows will be our place to have our next ceremony. Highly recommend holding your rehearsal dinner with The Willow’s as well. The Prime Rib was excellent!! Again, the entire staff and Amanda made our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner effortless! My family and friends are still raving about how wonderful our rehearsal food was.

Ashley · Married on 08/18/2018

5’s do not go high enough she it comes to how great the staff, food & venue all together were! Buffet food came out AMAZING, Amanda their event planner is top notch!!!! She makes everything convenient, smooth & takes the stress out of wedding planning!! Their bartenders for wedding are super fast & friendly! They gave top notch service for an amazing price! Amanda is every brides dream for making their wedding the exact perfectness got them’

Jordan · Married on 07/28/2018

Beautiful venue, fantastic food, and great wedding planner !

Cristiana · Married on 06/23/2018

We had an amazing wedding day, especially thanks to Amanda! From the first time we met with her, she was incredibly helpful and prompt in answering any questions via email or by phone. Amanda went above and beyond on our wedding day, as we needed to move cocktail hour inside the day of our wedding. She is attentive and thoughtful, she even sent a tray of h’ors deuveres out to our bridal party while we were taking pictures during cocktail hour and she noticed immidiately when I had frosting on my dress from cake cutting!

The Willows was in the process of being renamed during our wedding and was renamed 3 months prior to our wedding day. It is a gorgeous, whimsical ballroom, perfect for any couple searching for a elegant wedding venue! Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was and how AMAZING the food was! We opted to have a buffet, and food was excellent. The Willows is a very accommodating venue, I was able to add everything I wanted to our wedding day to make it special and unique.

We feel very fortunate to have had Amanda as our wedding coordinator and are so thankful we chose The Willows as our venue!

Julie · Married on 05/27/2018

I loved the Willows! Amanda was great throughout the whole process: planning, tasting, actual event, etc. She was responsive to all needs and unphased by any little changes or unexpected happenings. The food at the Willows was one of the things my guests are still talking about, three weeks after the wedding. I am so glad that this was the wedding venue we choose. We will go back again to the restaurant.

Alyssa · Married on 05/05/2018

Honestly could not have wished for a better experience. Amanda and the staff at The Willows were more than amazing. All of our guests were raving about the food and the service the staff gave. I would recommend The Willows to any bride looking for a beautiful place to have their ceremony and reception at. Thank you again, Amanda and the staff at The Willows! You gave us great memories we will cherish forever.

Mackenzie · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I got married at the Willows on April 28th 2018. Amanda was so WONDERFUL to work with!! She made our special day easy to enjoy as she and the staff of the Willows ensured that every detail was covered, even down to the possibility of rain impeding our outdoor ceremony. Everyone who attended the wedding said that it was beautiful, that the food was delicious, and that the service was outstanding! Thank you Amanda and the staff of the Willows for helping us celebrate our big day!!

abby · Married on 04/08/2018

Amanda was amazing!!! I’m an anxious person so I emailed her so many times asking questions and she was always quick to get back to me and very gracious. The food was amazing and I would easily choose this venue again. Everyone said how pretty the reception was and that it was some of the best wedding food they've ever had!

amber · Married on 01/13/2018

Wonderful Venue and place to work with from start to finish. It was January and they worked with us to have an amazing ceremony outside (yes, it was cold) but so beautiful. Amanda was amazing and was with us from start to finish, letting us know of hang ups with the DJ, keeping myself and my husband separated, etc. We came in the day of the wedding and minor changes needed to be made as to my decor. Everything was exceptional! Tons of compliments on quality of food, etc. If I had to do it all again I would choose Fireside again.

Kristen · Married on 01/06/2018

Choosing Fireside Tavern for our wedding reception was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding. Amanda Kramer and the staff at Fireside made sure everything was perfect for the day and above and beyond our expectations. From the moment we contacted Fireside all the way through when we left the reception we were treated like royalty. Amanda was very responsive to all questions and requests we had to make our wedding day perfect. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the food is incredible. We had a beautiful wedding and would choose Fireside Tavern again if we could do it all over again.

Stefanie · Married on 11/04/2017

Amanda was amazing. She made everything go smoothly and easy. The food was AMAZING...

lindsey · Married on 10/27/2017

There are tons of venues in Lancaster county and they're all very similar. But, what other venues don't have is a wedding coordinator like Amanda Kramer. She is the most thorough, kind, attentive, hardest working, and the best perfectionist that I have ever met. She made our wedding day PERFECT! She cut any possible stress out of the occasion, and made our vision come to life. Her communication skills are top notch, and Amanda makes sure you won't have a single worry during your event. She is superwoman! The food, venue, staff, and drinks were absolutely wonderful as well! The Fireside Tavern is second to none- we recommend it to anyone and everyone

• User4776408 · 1+ year ago

My friend just had her wedding here this weekend and it was amazing. They covered all of decorating. They also set up and restocked the candy bar all night. The fireplaces in the ballroom make it absolutely gorgeous. Also, the grassy area outside the ballroom made for some amazing pictures!!! I would definitely consider this place for my upcoming wedding.

Tara · Married on 08/12/2017

The Fireside team literally went above and beyond in preparing for and running our wedding day. Amanda, Steve, Dave, Steph, and Chad (the Fireside team) assured that the food was prepared perfectly, the room was decorated exactly as we discussed, my husband and I were happy/fed/where we needed to be, and that things went off without a hitch. We got married at our church, but used the Fireside bridal suite for the girls to get ready, and for our cocktail hour and reception. Amanda brought anything we needed to the suite for the girls in the morning when getting ready. The suite is perfect for prep--plenty of light, mirrors, seats and space! Our cocktail hour was initially outside in the courtyard--gorgeous shrubs and flowers, a cocktail bar and the appetizers all just worked out there! A storm began to form so the team moved everyone/everything inside seamlessly. Our reception was fabulous. Amanda checked in with my husband and I a few times to ensure things were going well and that we had drinks and were content. Guests have complimented the food multiple times since our wedding day. The steak and salmon were perfectly prepared! The Fireside ballroom is beautiful without needing much done to it...gold accents (chandeliers, chairs, mirrors, fireplace). We were able to meet with the Fireside earlier in the week to go over all of our details of decorations and some of it we left up the Fireside's opinion/discretion. We were so so pleased with the layout of the ballroom and where everything was placed! we can't say enough GREAT things about the Fireside as a destination for your wedding. It is also flanked on either side by hotels making it super easy for guests to book a room the night of your wedding. A majority of our guests went to the Fireside bar/restaurant following the reception for drinks/food. We would highly recommend the Fireside to any couple who is looking for a gorgeous, delicious and FUN wedding location!

Nick · Married on 08/12/2017

The Fireside exceeded our expectations on our wedding day. They took care of every detail and had things in place and ready to go as we had discussed. The team at the Fireside goes out of their way to help you with your wedding day. The food was incredible. So many of our guests commented on their steaks! We loved having our cocktail hour outside in the courtyard and then moving inside for the reception. It made it seem like we had chosen more than 1 venue. The ballroom is so nice without needing much done to it at all. It was great after the wedding reception to be able to have guests move to the restaurant/bar in the Fireside for after-party drinks and snacks. So convenient. The Fireside is also next to 2 hotels which was super convenient for our guests. We would recommend the Fireside to any other couple looking for a great place to hold their wedding!

Christine · Married on 08/06/2017

Wonderful service with great food!!
    Beautiful establishment in a beautiful area.
    Wish we could do it again!!!
    Everyone had a blast!
    Thanks to all at the Fireside Tavern!

Nora · Married on 07/15/2017

Amanda is amazing and very responsive. The day was perfect in every way. The ballroom was beautiful and everyone raves about the food.

Karrie · Married on 06/24/2017

We chose Fireside Tavern for our wedding reception and could not me more than pleased and amazed with them. They are one of few places that separate the bar tab to only pay for people actually 21+, their prices include so many things you don't have to worry about, from table linens/flatware/chargers and they even have centerpieces you can use for the tables if you want. They were more than flexible with their schedule and setting up the room the way we wanted it because we had several additions. The professionalism of the all staff was truly great and attentive. The wedding coordinator Amanda was AWESOME. She helped relieve me of any stress that day and took care of everything. After the reception was over and we went to the tavern for the after party, she still came around to check on guests and made sure that I got something to eat (since you never eat at your own wedding) before the kitchen closed down. We also opted to do cocktail hour outside, and they setup tables, some high tops and some low with chairs, everything went seamless. The service and food was unbelievable and we had ssooo many guests, after the fact, tell us it was the best reception they had been to. Everything went so well that, my mother-in-law suggested for my sister-in-law to have her future wedding reception there. If we had the chance to re-do our reception, we'd pick Fireside Tavern every time, hands down.

Vicki · Married on 03/31/2017

I had to plan my wedding all from abroad as I lived in the UK prior to my wedding day. This was obviously not ideal however Amanda the wedding co-ordinator made the whole process stress free answering every email that I sent (I had a lot of questions). I had to book the venue before visiting it however after visiting it in person I was pleasantly surprised I didn’t think the venue would be as good as their website said, it was in fact the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. The days running up to our wedding day Amanda did everything she could to make sure our day would be perfect and the wedding day itself could not have run without her. Herself and the fireside staff decorated the venue beautifully making sure everything I had asked for was fulfilled. Even to myself walking down the aisle Amanda was there to make sure the back of my dress and veil was pulled out perfectly for my photos. Now onto the food, we have had endless compliments from our guests about the food especially the tomato bisque soup, the food was absolutely amazing. The staff that day were nothing but pleasant and friendly. My father even felt the need to add into his speech a personal thank you to the staff for their efforts that day.
    I couldn’t recommend this place enough, they plan absolutely everything for you from food and drinks to the decorations, either allowing you to use what they have or using your own decorations to make their already beautiful room something personal. They even pack your stuff away at the end of the day so all you have to do is put it into your cars. Our wedding day was perfect thanks to the Amanda and the staff at the Fireside Tavern.

The Willows at Historic Strasburg 15
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 16
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 17
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 18
    The Willows at Historic Strasburg 19

Karelin · Married on 02/18/2017

THIS IS THE PLACE TO MEET ALL YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!!
    AMANDA! I cant say enough about this exquisite and beautiful young planner.
    She brought off the most beautiful, classy, elegant reception for my daughter Karelin and her groom, Brian...beyond my expectations. Every detail was exquisitely executed in the plans and reveal of the reception for our only daughter. We are beyond grateful for the extra loving detail you took to make our day a living memory of beauty, elegance and delicious perfectly served, hot and prepared dinner. You thought of EVERYTHING, MISSED NOTHING....we will most assuredly return for other events. Thank you for a remarkably precious memory.

Danielle · Married on 08/13/2016

We had our wedding at Fireside Tavern on August 13, 2016. From day one, everyone at Fireside was extremely helpful and cooperative. Throughout the procress they were very organized and covered any detail you could think of. On the day of the wedding, and all the days leading up to it, Amanda Kramer was our guardian angel. If it was not for her, I would have been completely lost. She made the experience as amazing as it was. Fireside will forever hold a special place in our hearts and we now have a place to spend every anniversary.

Our wedding was amazing and it was all because of the friendly staff and wonderful event coordinators!

Danielle · Married on 07/23/2016

I am so pleased that my husband and I chose Fireside Tavern to hold the reception for our wedding. In addition to the reception we also had the rehearsal dinner upstairs utilizing the Lancaster and Fulton Rooms. Right from the start, we were impressed with how prompt Fireside was at returning emails or calls. During the planning process if we needed a picture of something (the table numbers for example) or had a question we received an email response very quickly. A few times we made unplanned visits to Fireside and they were always willing to speak with us, show us the ballroom again, etc. We were very pleased with how well we were treated, especially since the bridal party had to show up earlier than scheduled due to an unforeseen downpour the day of the wedding. As soon as the bridal party arrived (early) Amanda made sure to get us drinks and appetizers right away. We rented the bridal lounge during cocktail hour for the bridal party to utilize while the other guests mingled in the ballroom. The food quality was fantastic as usual when dining at Fireside. As the bride and groom, we were directly served all of our food and drinks even though our guests utilized the buffet. Since we barely ate any food out of excitement for the day and going around to tables visiting guests, Amanda bagged our food for us to take home. Amanda checked in with us multiple times to make sure we had everything we needed and that everything was going according to plan. Fireside was very accommodating to our guests with special dietary needs so that they would be served special meals. The ballroom is absolutely beautiful. The dance floor is the perfect size to get a large amount of guests up and dancing. If we had to plan our wedding over again we both agree that we would keep the reception at Fireside.