The White Dress Reviews

1 User photo

The White Dress 1
  • Kristen

Kristen · Getting married on 06/22/2020

Great experience and perfect dress.

As soon as I walked into the white dress salon, I knew it was special. They were so professional, clean, friendly, and there were a ton of dresses to choose from. All the personal stylists were helpful and helped me pick out dresses to try on. They were respectful of my budget as well which I appreciated. The first dress Emily picked for me ended up being the dress I said yes to! It was so easy. I highly recommend getting your dress here.

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • User7960045 · Recently married

I was first blown away by the variety and quantity of gowns The White Dress carries. They offer trunk shows most weekends to show even more gowns and a designer or representative is present to assist as well. I found my dream gown with their help and I recommend every Southern California bride gives them a call to see they're amazing consultants and beautiful store.

Sent on 03/27/2017

Angel · Married on 08/18/2018

I had a wonderful experience working with the ladies at The White Dress! Ashley was really sweet and helped me narrow down the dresses at my first appointment, and Nicole was so great at helping me make my final decision at my second appointment. She really took her time to fit the dresses on me perfectly, as they would be once tailored, and picked the perfect veil and earrings to go with the dress I chose. Nancy was great at my accessories appointment and helped me to finalize my decision on the veil and earrings, and to pick out the perfect headpiece. My seamstress, Liz was also amazing! She was so kind and helpful, and super patient with me. She was willing to do as many fittings as needed until the dress was perfect. She also made the time to tailor my dress for the rehearsal dinner even though she was very busy during peak wedding season and I brought it in shortly before the wedding. I would highly recommend The White Dress!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Melissa · Married on 03/17/2018

I would highly recommend The White Dress! Marlis was an absolute pleasure to communicate with. I was in a tricky situation as I currently live in London, UK but found a beautiful Galia Lahav dress I was in love with online that The White Dress was advertising. I had never even tried on a wedding dress before and had many questions. Marlis was very knowledgeable and replied promptly over email and spent a great deal of time with me on the phone further clarifying questions I had. She was patient and I did not make me feel pressured in any way. She clearly understood my trepidation with buying a wedding dress online and made me feel very comfortable with the purchase. She shipped it immediately and the dress was exactly as she described (if not more beautiful). Overall, Marlis went above and beyond for someone that she had only briefly spoken to over email and phone. Thank you for making my dream come true!!

Sent on 05/19/2017

Katelyn · Married on 11/01/2017

Found my dress here! They were so helpful and helped me look outside the box in searching for my gown. The best was being under budget! They never pushed me out of my budget comfort zone and were definitely not trying to make me purchase a dress that day

Sent on 12/20/2016

Bree · Married on 06/24/2017

When you get engaged, a huge overwhelming rush comes upon you. Where are you going to have the ceremony, reception, food, drinks, decor, color scheme, flowers?!?, etc. When I started my journey on finding my perfect dress, I had made several appointments and decided to go to all of them on a Saturday. I brought my mom, grandma, future mother-in-law and little sister. Our first appt. was at the White Dress. From the moment you walk in, you feel like your in a high-end couture wedding dress store in Paris. You're welcomed right away with a smile and brought back to a beautiful sitting area where my family sat to watch me try and dresses. I had Emily Lappi has my bridal stylist and I can honestly say after the appt. we've become friends! She's the nicest, sweetest and compassionate person and she made this experience so happy and stress-free. I ended up choosing the third dress I tried on (Emily picked it out after asking me what I wanted in a dress and what style I would like). It was like she was my best friend making sure I looked and felt great. I got all my bridesmaids dresses from there and they all arrived on time. Overall excellent experience and would highly recommend the White Dress to everyone and anyone looking to purchase a wedding gown, flower girl and bridesmaid dress. Thank you Emily and to all the wonderful people who I worked with and helped me :)

Sent on 07/19/2017

Amazing dress location! They are amazing to work with and I absolutly loved my wedding dress! Thank you again for all the help and fun we had picking out my dress :)

Sent on 09/26/2016

Ashlee · Married on 08/20/2016

This store is so beautiful and offers a very intimate experience when you are searching for your dress! I went in with a few dress styles in mind. My consultant Ashley listened to what I thought I wanted and put me in dresses I picked out. I hated everything. When I started to feel as if I would be leaving empty handed, Ashley said, "Okay, now it's my turn." She came back with dresses that I never imagined would look good for my body type. In fact, I mocked the dresses as she brought them in bu ended up loving EVERY SINGLE ONE. She is a true professional that can look at a woman's body and know exactly what they will look good in. She listened to everything I asked for and never brought a dress that was over our budget.
    She made the day one that I will never forget. I highly recommend going to The White Dress during your search. And I hope it's obvious that you should ask for Ashley to be your consultant! :)

Sent on 09/02/2016

Tebe · Married on 08/20/2016

I have been shopping for a wedding dress in 5 bridal stores until I have found the "one" in the White Dress. Alex was very friendly and professional. I have shown her couple dresses I have liked before and she pulled out a dress that was exactly what I was looking for. The dress was very chic and elegant with beautiful off white lace on a champagne layer. It shaped my body so beautifully. It was also much lighter than other dresses I have tried before which was definitely a big plus for an August outdoor wedding. The shipping time was quicker than I was told. It fit so perfectly, all I needed is hem. The price was half of the price of last dress that I have almost bought. Everyone even male servers at our wedding commented that my dress was simply gorgeous and I looked like a model from a bridal magazine. So incredibly happy about my choice!

Sent on 09/03/2016

Alice · Married on 08/20/2016

This was the FIRST and LAST place I went shopping for my wedding dress. As in I said yes to the dress at my first appointment! This is because The White Dress has an amazing selection and the best ladies working there to help you find the right dress for your big day. I would like to make a big shout out to ALEX! She saw the dresses I was selecting and brought in the dress that I said yes to! She was so helpful, fun, friendly and never brought in anything that was over budget. She was a friend through the whole experience and I got SO many compliments on my dress. Thank you Alex and The White Dress for my beautiful YolanCris dress and for such great service!

Sent on 09/08/2016

I loved The White Dress! I had the most positive experience shopping for and buying my wedding dress, veil, and jewelry! All of the consultants are so friendly and helpful. The boutique is beautiful and intimate. They have great customer service. I recommend this place hands down! They also had a great referral list for alteration places, since they do not do alterations.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Julia · Married on 10/17/2015

The White Dress was fantastic! They have such a wide variety of dresses & designers, and yet their stylists do a great job of finding the vision & look for each bride and also finding that perfect dress. I had a rough idea of what I wanted, but probably never would have been able to find such a beautiful dress that fit me/my wedding so well had it not been for the help of Nancy and her keen eye. She was also so friendly, perky, positive and unassuming that she took any stress out of the "search for the perfect dress" for me. Plus the shop itself manages to be very classy and glamorous (and fun!) without the stuffiness you get in other showrooms/shops.

I have known many brides to get their dresses here and all have incredibly positive things to say. I always send girls here who ask no matter what stage of the dress hunt they are in. This was maybe the 2nd or 3rd place I went and I knew right away it was going to be the last. LOVE The White Dress!

Sent on 06/10/2016

I LOVED the White Dress. Of all the places I went to to look for a dress, this by far was the place that most made me feel like a bride and made sure I had a good time, as well as the people I brought with me. They have a huge selection of dresses at a wide variety of prices. I found my dress here first, but then went to another appointment and found the same dress at a better price. I like The White Dress so much that I went back to them because I liked them better. They were very accommodating and were open to negotiating the price to an amount I could afford!

Sent on 03/03/2015

Best place to get wedding gown & bridesmaid dresses! I was in grad school & working full time and I picked this place out of convenience but the girls here were seriously phenomenal. Katie helped me find my perfect dress & Lauren helped me find my bridesmaids dresses. The customer service was amazing! You need to make an appointment and I recommend coming in with you mom and whoever else you want to see you try on dresses with, it's very fun. Once you pick your dress & purchase it, you pop champagne and sip with your girlfriends! It's such a fun time and seriously I stopped by there for almost all my accessories too. Their jewelry designer Renee was wonderful! This place is a pretty pricey but seriously the BEST place to get a gown!

Sent on 09/17/2015

I found my beautiful dress at The White Dress in CDM and from start to finish the process was easy, fun and stress-free! The staff there is so experienced and fantastic, they really understand dresses, know their inventory and listen to what you want. I tell all of my friends who are looking for dresses to go there because it really was so easy and such a pleasant experience!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Ashleigh · Married on 07/10/2015

This store is absolutely amazing. From the moment you walk in they make you feel so welcome and they are so helpful and eager to please! I was so happy with the whole experience - which I was nervous about since my last few dress shopping experiences were not this way. They make you feel like a princess. The consultant I was working with went above and beyond to make sure I tried on everything I saw that I liked - even though it was more than 20 dresses! Even after I thought I had found the one she encouraged me to try on some "just for fun" dresses too! My appointment went over and another appointment showed up but I still received the same attention as if I was the only one in the store. The whole experience was amazing! They have so many designers and styles of dresses! I definitely recommend checking this place out!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Found THE dress here! I told them my budget and they were very helpful and helping me stay under! They accidentally pulled a dress WAY over my budget that I loved (it didn't have a price tag, so it's not their fault), but then they found a similar dress that I loved even more that was under my budget. Such a great experience!

Sent on 04/08/2015

I wanted a dress that wasn't frilly and poofy, and something that was as unique as our venue. Alex suggested the most perfect dress that was a bit art deco, no poof. Loved everything about the experience and couldn't recommend the store highly enough. They truly have something for everyone without being pushy and over the top. Great experience!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Susan · Married on 10/03/2014

Many thanks to the staff at The White Dress! My daughter flew in for her wedding in Newport Beach, CA the day prior to the wedding from BVI without a veil. The fabulous ladies at The White Dress found exactly what she was looking for and allowed us to purchase the floor sample which was in perfect, new condition! They even gave us a discount because it was a floor sample. All this the day of her wedding! Thank you! Thank you staff at The White Dress!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/20/2014

I had such a pleasant experience getting my dress. The staff at the white dress were super friendly and made me feel very comfortable. I ended up with my dream dress and it was less than 3000 dollars, Hooray! I love how after you purchase a dress from their store, they open a bottle of champagne to toast the success, then you get to sign the cork and add it to the vases!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Chelsea · Married on 09/19/2014

The BEST bridal salon in SoCal! I came into the store frantic because my wedding was in 4 weeks and the dress I bought from a different shop I decided I hated. I worked with Alex who was so kinda and patient. She brought me exactly what I was looking for and worked with me to have the dress ready in such short time. The salon is absolutely beautiful and has a great selection of gorgeous gowns. You can't go wrong if you shop here!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Where do I begin? I first came to the White Dress about 8/9 months before my wedding (which was this September). I thought the store in general had the best selection of dresses compared to the other shops I went to in OC and even LA. They may not have the same volume, but I think it's bc they do a great job in weeding out all the crap that's out there. Nancy was my consultant, and she was absolutely fantastic. So sweet and totally understood what I was looking for. My two month long search finally ended and I selected a dress that was supposed to be made to measure. To make a LONG story short, my dress finally came in 3 weeks prior to my wedding (very late, but at no fault to the White Dress). To my absolute horror, the dress was a complete disaster. Not only did the dress make me look like a box and not fit me, the quality of the dress was laughable for what was supposed to be a custom couture gown. The girls sent me straight to their tailor and unfortunately she said the work was so poor that there was nothing she could do to make the dress wearable. I came back to the White Dress now in a bit more of a panic and could not have been more impressed with their response and the action they took to rectify the situation. Nancy immediately brought me over to a trunk show they were having which had the most stunning dresses I have ever seen. She and the rep stayed about 2 hours after close till I finally found my dream dress. I was able to purchase a sample gown and have it tailored and ready for my wedding 3 weeks later. Needless to say, Nancy and Brielle (the manager) literally saved my wedding day. I got so many compliments on my dress and cannot thank them enough for what they did for me.
    And on a side note... Renee, the woman who does the accessories and veils is amazing! She is so sweet and was so concerned about my situation. She was able to make me a custom veil in less than a week and it turned out so beautifully. She is extremely talented at what she does.

Sent on 10/07/2014
  • suebeehb

Sue · Married on 08/16/2014

Amazing boutique... with wonderful personalized service. Love love love the whole vibe of this place. Found the perfect gown for the perfect wedding! Nancy was the best! And her recommended tailor, Gabriel... perfection!

Sent on 08/27/2014

Corina · Married on 07/12/2014

The customer service is the best I ever received. The staff is extremely patient and want to see you in love with the dress! Highly recommend any bride to be to come visit the white gown, you won't regret your decision. I love my dress!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Jennifer · Married on 06/21/2014

I knew I wanted to get my dress from The White Dress from day one but I had gone to one of the big chain stores first to just see what is out there and maybe find a style I liked. That was a bad idea, the dresses that had were just awful and felt way cheaper than the prices they were charging.

So on to The White Dress it was. The store is unbelievably cute! It's small but makes the process feel very intimate, there aren't going to be 10 other brides in there fighting for mirror space. The dresses aren't shoved in plastic bags either! The manager Brielle helped me find the perfect dress, I brought in a few pictures and she was able to pull the most amazing dresses for me....and that were in my price range. It was a hard decision because all of their dresses are so beautiful and so well constructed but I finally "said yes" to the one. They even open a bottle of champs to celebrate, you then can write something on the cork and leave in one of the vases throughout the store!

If you are on a very tight budget you probably aren't going to find something here. But they do have a affordable dresses if you don't want to break the bank, or if you do they have those too!

I tell all of my friends who are getting married to at least go here once and try on dresses, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/28/2014