The Westin Portland Harborview Reviews

25 Reviews for The Westin Portland Harborview

25 The Westin Portland Harborview Reviews

Katherine · Married on 10/27/2018

Dream Weekend

The Westin gave my husband and I our dream wedding. The entire staff from check in to check out went above and beyond, always with a smile on their faces. Our wedding of over 200 was easily accommodated in the grand ballroom and the food was as good when served for 200 as it was when served for 4 at our tasting! Laura, who coordinated our event was able to anticipate everything we needed and was always available to answer questions or help. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking in the Portland area!

Katie · Married on 08/25/2018

We had the most amazing experience working with Laura at the Westin to plan and execute our wedding, and we did it all in less than 90 days! Laura is so incredibly warm, welcoming, and professional and she takes all the stress out of planning a wedding. Super flexible, responsive, organized, accommodating - I really can't rave enough about our experience. The venue itself is stunning and the staff is incredible. I would highly recommend this venue for any event!!

Christina · Married on 01/20/2017

Jesse and I were amazed with the staff at the Westin on our wedding day; it couldn't have been more perfect. From the guys in valet to the servers at the reception, the service was professional, efficient, and precise. Each and every employee was friendly and ready to help with every and all of our needs the entire weekend we stayed. We started off wedding planning with our initial coordinator, Anna who soon went on maternity leave and we learned Paige would take over. The transition was seamless and we are so happy with Paige's assistance throughout the process. Any kind of change when your in the midst of wedding planning is scary, but Paige exceeded all of our expectations. If we did it all again we wouldn't change anything. There were many little things the Westin and Paige surprised us with that made us feel special and we are eternally grateful. We plan on returning to the Westin in the future just for fun!

Bree · Married on 05/28/2016

Anna Paschal is an amazing wedding coordinator! Because of her, our wedding reception was absolutely perfect! We were a challenge since we are located out of state and Anna took the stress out of planning the reception. Anna was extremely positive, detail oriented, and responsive. She had the best recommendations for any questions we had. If you are looking for a perfect wedding experience, look no further than Anna Paschal at the Westin Portland Harborview! It was the absolute best decision we could have made.

Bree & Jon Nedik

Erin · Married on 05/21/2016

Choosing to have our wedding at the Westin was the absolute best decision we made. Anna was an angel who helped us every step of the way from the very start to the very end. The quality and responsiveness of the service was incredible and the entire wedding planning process and execution with the Westin was seamless, smooth, and so easy! The food was amazing, the presentation was perfection, and the whole experience was a dream. All of our guests kept telling us how beautiful, amazing, elegant and classy the wedding was and I attribute a lot of that to Anna and the staff. From the set up of the room to the tables, everything was perfection! I highly recommend the Westin to ANY couple looking to get married in Portland. It was the perfect blend of elegance and the Portland city life. I cannot say enough about Anna and the Westin. We loved it!

Picking the Westin Portland Harborview was an easy choice for us. Portland, Maine is such a great city and the hotel is gorgeous. The hotel is dog friendly for our guests who wanted to bring their pets too. But the Westin's event coordinator, Anna, was also an important factor in our decision to pick the Westin. She was always available, always helpful and took care of everything! She made the whole process run smoothly from the day we booked the venue.

Katelyn · Married on 01/16/2016

Anna is the most fantastic wedding coordinator. She and her team are always available and on the ball with every detail. They are quite professional and made the process so incredibly stress free, right down to the little details. The day of, they quickly fixed everything that went slightly off plan and did so in a way that ensured my Husband and I didn't notice. The chef is incredible as well. He catered our rehearsal dinner, reception, and farewell brunch. All were exceptional. The guests couldn't stop raving! I highly recommend this venue for any event... But especially weddings!!

Christina · Married on 11/21/2015

My husband and I can't say enough about the Westin and Anna, the wedding coordinator. First off Anna is amazing. She was very attentive to our needs and wants, she always made us feel like we were the only couple she was working for the months we worked with her. Her attention to detail was spot on and the day of our wedding my husband and I were relaxed and knew everything was taken care of. She was right there when we needed her and even via email conversation she was so fast to get back to us. That made us very happy that was she was so focused on making the wedding exactly want we wanted.
    The Westin as a venue was the best choice we made. Everyone was very professional and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and a great setting for a wedding. The most important thing for my husband and I was food, we wanted guests to have a delicious meal and the Westin killed it. Their food and service was excellent. I could go on forever about Anna and the Westin! Our wedding was just incredible and we owe a lot of that to Anna and the Westin!!

Kelly · Married on 09/06/2015

Anna was amazing and so helpful. Very quick response to emails. She made planning my wedding easy. The venue is gorgeous and food was AMAZING! A hotel reception was not my first thought but once I met Anna and toured the venue I knew that was it. It was the best decision and we are still receiving compliments from family and friends on the venue! I did not have to worry about a thing during the reception because I knew Anna would take care of it all!

Kate · Married on 09/04/2015

My husband and I did a destination wedding in Portland, ME. We had our ceremony at the Sprint Point Ledge Lighthouse and the reception at the Westin Portland Harborview. Anna and her team were amazing throughout the process! She was super helpful and the team was flexible while we were picking the menu. She was very prompt responding to inquiries. She had great recommendations and everything came out beautifully. The day of the wedding she was everywhere we needed her to be and her calm helped me stay relaxed. I can't recommend them enough for a beautiful, smooth sailing wedding.

My Husband and I were overwhelmed by the level of service and professionalism at the Westin. From beginning to end everyone involved with making our dream wedding reception come true worked above and beyond to make it a worry free, enjoyable, and memorable event. From the food tastings that made certain that our meal choices were to the highest of quality to the design and set up of the ballroom, we never felt in the dark. They helped make it easy to make choices and plan out our special day. Anna Paschal was a joy to work with and was outstanding in guiding us through the process of making a time line for our day and made sure every detail was covered and taken care of. We had an amazing experience and we highly recommend the Westin Portland Harborview for your wedding or next event.

Anna, the wedding coordinator, was AWESOME!!! She was a pleasure to work with and paid attention to all details. She was always available and very helpful.

Marybeth · Married on 07/10/2015

I cannot say enough about the services that Anna Paschal provided! She held our hands through the entire planning process and hovered around the actual event, troubleshooting and solving little things, barely seen like a fairy with wings! She was always ahead of the curve with an extremely calm demeanor which was such a blessing to us! We were able to enjoy our daughter's wedding knowing that everything was under control.

The venue itself is so beautiful! And the staff at the hotel went out of their way to welcome us, our family, and all our guests. Everything about our stay there was wonderful! We could not have asked for anything more. It was absolutely perfect!

Hilary · Married on 09/13/2014

We had our dream wedding at the Westin this past September. From the very first meeting all the way until after the event, the staff was above and beyond helpful. We always felt incredibly confident the Westin would execute everything seamlessly. Even on the day of we never felt stressed. The entire night ran smoothly, the food was delicious, and the space functioned perfectly. Thank you to everyone at the Westin for helping create an amazing night!

The Westin Portland Harborview was the perfect place for my sister and her husband to have their wedding. From the time they began planning until the morning after brunch the staff was beyond accommodating and professional. Words can't begin to describe how beautiful and special the night was. Our entire family enjoyed working with Anna, she made the process easy and fun and kept everyone happy and calm through out. All the guests enjoyed their stay with the hotel and had rave reviews of the entire experience. If your looking for a glamorous, grand and beautiful place to have your wedding the Westin is where it's at, it truly was amazing! Thanks to Anna and the entire Westin staff for making my sister's wedding so memorable and perfect!

Rachel · Married on 07/04/2014

My wedding day was absolutely perfect, and I owe a lot of that to the Westin! The ballroom is beautiful - we had very simple decorations, but the decor in the ballroom itself made the reception very elegant. The setup for the cocktail hour and ballroom lent itself for a very classy reception and effortless transition from cocktail hour to dinner and dancing. Our guests loved going to the Top of the East (the rooftop bar) and, since almost all of the guests came from out of town, the location of the Westin was perfect - it's not right in the middle of hundreds of tourists, but close enough for everyone to easily walk around the Old Port.

The food at both the cocktail hour and dinner was also great - we were given a lot of choices from the hotel, and I actually had guests tell me it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding.

I cannot say enough about the people and the service at the hotel. The staff was completely dedicated to making sure we were happy and that everything went smoothly - I can't believe how easy it was. The Wedding Coordinator at the Westin worked with us during the months leading up to the wedding to help us plan out the reception, and she was fantastic. She coordinated with all of our vendors, proactively reached out to us to iron out all of the details, and also stayed for the event to make sure everything went perfectly. This was especially key since we were planning our wedding from far away.

Kim · Married on 06/21/2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! The renovations are amazing. I didn't want to have our wedding reception in a standard ballroom, but the Eastland Grand is so unique with the gorgeous staircase and amazing balcony - they really kept the history in the space, while still updating it to a modern space.

All of the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Morgan was amazing to work with through the sales process, really giving us a good understanding of what the ballroom would look like (we booked when it was still under construction). Anna was our planner, and she was AMAZING. I'm an event planner, and the one thing I told her I didn't want to do was feel like I was working during my wedding - she definitely delivered. She was on top of EVERYTHING leading up to the wedding, working out timelines, coordinating with vendors, and made my life so easy as the bride. The reception ran like clockwork and was everything I ever wanted. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any bride!

We had an excellent experience with the Westin and all the staff. We had a smalll, destination wedding in Portland and Morgan was amazingly helpful throughout the whole process. Leading up to the wedding, she was very responsive to all my questions and requests. She was also very helpful with providing recommendations for vendors for other aspects of our wedding weekend. The event staff went above and beyond so many times. The quality of the food was great as well.

We stayed at the hotel as well as several of our guests. The entire hotel staff was very accomodating and professional. Several knew us by name before we left! I also used the Akari spa for hair/makeup and spa services. There was one qlitch with scheduling, but the spa staff handled it very well. The actual services were top notch...no complaints.

I'll try to lay out all of the reasons Anna and the Westin were the best place you could possibly hope to host your wedding, but I'm sure I'll leave a few out. 1) Of all the people we worked with Anna was the most professional and competent vendor/contact. I liked her because she was upfront about the costs and promptly returned calls and emails. My wife liked her because she was on pinterest and took time to understand what she wanted to have in the wedding and then executed that to perfection. She had a lot of timelines and documents to help us make decisions and make sure that we got to choose a lot of the details of the reception. 2) The rest of the staff at the hotel was outstanding. We received a lot of compliments from guests who had to contact the hotel for one reason or another and received great service (one person stayed on the phone for 20 minutes directing a guest in). Its great to know that you don't have to worry about all of the small things because the hotel will handle it. 3) The food was outstanding. I am used to eating at very nice places and the food at the Westin did not disappoint. We got the filet and it was delicious. 4) The hotel and ballroom are not a cookie cutter location, the ballroom has been there for around 100 years and you can tell in some of the little details they have kept. My wife was nervous of getting married in just another hotel ballroom, but the Westin really isn't, its a great place to get married. 5) The hotel is great. Its a great location and close to a lot of good restaurants and fun places to go. The rooms are comfortable and the beds are top notch. It is really difficult to find anything wrong with this hotel, but without a doubt the best part was Anna and her ability to handle anything that came up.

Beth · Married on 11/23/2013

Living in Florida and planning a Maine wedding was not an easy task, but the Westin Portland Harborview took the edge off of that. They were flexible working with our team of us, family and friends. The hotel itself went through a stunning transformation which truly set the mood for the event. The ballroom felt like a dream come true. The service between our coordinator Shannon and the day of event staff was outstanding! Food came out quickly and was hot and delicious! Our guests truly enjoyed the event from start to finish and commented many times on the quality of the venue, service and food. We have heard from many people saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to which is flattering for us as a couple, but also a strong reflection on the venue and service. We were a bit worried about the price tag, but looking back at our wedding now we would not change a thing. The Westin made our wedding day truly feel magical. We would strongly recommend hosting your wedding or event here.

Holly · Married on 07/08/2017

Paige and the entire staff at the Westin were courteous and professional throughout the whole process. They helped us figure out special requests and made sure all our our guests needs were attended to. And all of the guests could not stop raving about the food!

Beautiful venue and the staff was great!! Anna always responded to our questions very quickly and helped us figure out a lot of details. Very helpful and great to work with. Definitely helped ease the stress. Everything went perfectly!

Abigail · Married on 10/14/2016

The staff at the Westin is amazing. The food was unbelievable. And Paige, our wedding planner, was phenomenal. I don't know what we would have done without her.

Ashley · Married on 01/28/2017

The Westin is absolutely beautiful if you are looking for a black tie or up-scale feel, but would not work for a casual venue. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and quick to respond with answers to any questions we had.