The Westin Chicago Lombard Reviews

25 | Lombard, IL

25 Reviews for The Westin Chicago Lombard

• Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/21/2017

It was sad parting from Jennifer. She had been invested in my wedding planning as much as I was. Jennifer was an absolute joy to work with in creating the perfect vision for my wedding. She responds to your emails as quickly as she can and is very thorough with her explanations. She was a dream to work with and she worked with what you needed versus what Westin needed. Having the Junior Ballroom at the Westin was the perfect spot for my reception. The food was excellent too. The servers were all very attentive and helpful for our needs as well. They worked with you and not against you and I’m so very grateful for all their hard work. It was such a beautiful wedding! Thank you!

Sent on 11/05/2017

The Westin Chicago Lombard's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca! It was such a pleasure to work with you and make all your wedding dreams come true!
    I wish you and Kevin all the happiness in the world in your new life together!

All my best,
    Jennifer

Kimberly · Married on 05/27/2017

Working with Jennifer was a joy. She was so understanding and accommodating. My husband and I lived out of town while trying to plan our wedding, so Jennifer was wonderful with emailing back and forth and coordinating meetings/tastings with us when we were in town. She was also willing to meet on a regular basis with my parents (who were in town) leading up to the big day. Our wedding reception was an absolute dream and we numerous comments from guests that it was the nicest wedding they had ever attended. Thanks Jennifer and the staff at the Westin for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Alaina · Married on 01/07/2017

Sara at the Westin Lombard was absolutely fantastic from start to finish in planning our wedding reception. She was always responsive, and was more than willing to satisfy any and all requests we had regarding food, order of events etc. During the reception, she came up to my husband and I throughout the night to make sure we had everything we needed. It was a beautiful hotel to hold the reception-we were in the magnolia room, and it was clear that each and every one of the staff worked hard to make our day as special and memorable as possible.

Sent on 01/16/2017

Kelly · Married on 11/19/2016

The entire staff at the Westin went far beyond any expectations we could have set when planning our wedding. Having Jennifer involved was the icing on the cake. The moment we met, I knew we had our perfect planner. Everything was perfect and professional - from the planning, tastings, previews and execution. All of our vendors had great things to say and everyone left with hugs and well wishes. For a once in a lifetime day, we met may people we would keep in touch with for years. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Katie · Married on 09/24/2016

The Westin Lombard was a beautiful venue (which is easy to see), but more importantly they were wonderful to work with! I planned the wedding myself, so I had about a million questions throughout the year which were always answered quickly and fully. And they were very flexible to alter their wedding package offering such as food and beverage, lighting, linens etc. to give us only exactly what we wanted. Some other wedding vendors that I worked with were not as responsive or accommodating so I realized exactly how important this was, as this is probably the biggest factor in your wedding reception! It was worth every penny spent to feel like the reception planning was organized and under control, and it paid off because everything was executed perfectly and it was the wedding of our dreams!! Thank you, Jennifer and the Westin! :-)

Sent on 10/18/2016

Tracy · Married on 07/09/2016

Our wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to Sara and her team! Food was cooked perfect and the room looked gorgeous. We have gotten many compliments on the venue! Sara was so helpful with last minute details! Very happy with our choice to have our wedding at the Westin Lombard!

Sent on 07/23/2016

Jennifer · Married on 06/04/2016

The Westin was amazing! Every employee was amazing to work with. Our coordinator, Sarah, was so flexible and was able to put to life all of our ideas. The food was just as good as it was during our tasting. Not a single complaint from us or our guests!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Brittany · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot say enough great things about the Westin Lombard! I booked my guest room block and wedding suite for my June 2016 wedding at this property. I worked with a number of the staff members throughout the planning process and had great experiences with everyone. Bridget C. was one of the most helpful and responsive people I worked with at the hotel and across all of my vendors. She was extremely accommodating and would always personally or have her team give me weekly updates on my wedding room block. She also helped to create signage about the guest shuttle that was picking guests up at the hotel and delivered personal cards to each guest upon check in. The guest rooms and our wedding suite were beautiful and exactly what I had hoped for. We also booked their largest suite for getting ready prior to our wedding and it was perfect. I highly recommend considering the Westin Lombard for your wedding or event room block!

Sent on 10/22/2016

We had our wedding at the Westin Lombard in May 2016. It was everything I imagined it would be. Jennifer was amazing to work with. She and the staff at the Westin made it very easy and worry free for me. The junior ballroom was beautiful with the uplights and everyone loved the outdoor terrace for cocktail hour. We were able to tweek a few things on the menu with no problem. We also had a coffee station next to the sweets table instead of coffee service which worked out really well. I wish we could do it all over again and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 06/27/2015

The entire staff at The Westin Lombard was great. We worked with Tammy Jordan and her team, and everyone was spot on. There was not one hiccup on the day of our wedding. Everyone enjoyed the food and level of service. It was a great day!

Sent on 07/29/2015

The Westin Lombard made our wedding reception absolutely perfect. Every detail was flawlessly planned and, even more important, executed with perfection. I cannot say enough about how happy we are that we chose to have our reception with The Westin Lombard. Everything from the coordinators in the initial planning phases to the staff the day of was perfect. All of our guests are still talking about how unbelievable our wedding was and we couldn't be happier. I highly recommend this venue for anyone who is planning their wedding!!!

Sent on 03/09/2016

Maribeth · Married on 04/11/2015

Sara and her team were exceptionally accommodating.
    The service staff was very friendly, the dinner was visually appealing and delicious, and the venue was beautiful - especially in the evening with the balcony and setting sun. The guest rooms were nicely appointed, and our many out-of-town guests thought the rates were reasonable and location was good for first-time visitors to the Chicago area.

Sent on 03/08/2016

Tina · Married on 08/16/2014

The Westin was great to work with. They were upfront with any of the charges and are willing to work with you. Our Reception is still being talked about my our family and friends.

Sent on 03/03/2016

I couldn't have asked for a better wedding and reception. The staff addressed my every desire for our ceremony and reception. The food was outstanding, just delicious. I was pleasantly suprised at the extraordinary service of the wait staff. I heard after the event that on more than one occassion they went the extra mile accomodated my guests needs. A great place and beautiful venue. I was beyond pleased!

Sent on 03/03/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/15/2012

LOVED THE WESTIN LOMBARD! Our September 2012 wedding was spectacular!! No complaints at all. Great wedding coordinator staff, great venue, great food, great service! Everyone raved the next day! Thank you to all at the Westin for helping in giving us a great wedding!

Sent on 05/06/2013

Gretchen · Married on 06/25/2016

Jennifer was wonderful and made our day extra special! She was the only coordinator that I had (my mom and I planned the wedding ourselves) and she was able to meet our needs without any question every step of the way. I highly recommend this venue and the staff! They were very professional throughout the 10 months we were planning and I would saw we were highly satisfied.

My only concern would be to make sure you book enough rooms in advance, because this is a popular hotel to stay at in the area so rooms go quickly especially in the summer months!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Angela · Married on 08/01/2015

My wedding was absolutely beautiful, and Sara made sure to include everything I asked for. The food was excellent, would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Keith · Married on 10/07/2017

The team at the westin was amazing. Jancy did a wonderful job of helping every step of the way. The service tram was very professional and a pleasure to have as a part of our big day. Food was simply outstanding. Chef and his crew did an amazing job. Food was hot and delicious.

Sent on 11/26/2017

Brianna · Married on 09/25/2016

Everything was absolutely wonderful with our experience. So beautifully put together, and accommodating to special requests. : )

Sent on 11/13/2016

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2015

The Westin in Lombard was the perfect location for our wedding reception. They were very helpful and quite to respond anytime I had any questions. The food was awesome! They made my wedding planning so easy.

Sent on 12/17/2015

Jeff · Married on 10/28/2017

3.5

We had a wedding reception for 275 people at the Jr. Ballroom of the Westin and were very pleased. Everything was handled very professionally. The Jr. Ballroom set up, the quality of the hors d'ouerves, the quality of the meal, the reception staff and the front desk staff were excellent. This was one of the first full wedding receptions for Jancy Tollesfrud, who recently joined the Westin staff. Although new to the Westin and still learning the way they do things, she handled our challenges confidently and performed wonderfully, ensuring a great event.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Neha · Married on 08/13/2016

3.0

We loved working with Sara at Westin Lombard! Highly recommend the venue, the conference room (Junior Ballroom) was amazing and the private outdoor terrace worked out well for our cocktail hour. The hotel is conveniently located a few minutes from O'Hare and is close to mall and other restaurants. It worked out to be a good location for our out of town guests.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/10/2015

3.6
      3.0

Overall, very good! Just a mishap with the late night snacks

Sent on 08/07/2015

Seema · Married on 07/08/2017

3.4
      3.0

So we just had our reception at the Westin on Saturday and here are the pros/cons.

Pros: It's a very nice hotel with good front desk staff. The junior ballroom is very pretty. Good location. Really nice rooms - spacious and nice amenities.

Cons: The sales team/wedding planning staff is disorganized. Whatever you've included in your contract may or may not actually be taken into account on the day of. For example, they forgot to give all of my guests free wifi in their rooms even though it was written into our contract. Also, whatever they tell you verbally is NOT what they will deliver. I'm an attorney and a stickler for having things in writing, thank goodness, because if I relied on what they said, we would have been really screwed. Our initial planner quit/was fired a few months before our wedding and we were given someone else who just didn't seem to understand what we were promised. Additionally because we're South Asian, they automatically give you a South Asian wedding planner who is EXTREMELY disorganized and unreliable. Instead of the Westin taking charge of certain things, they pawn it off to this other company, and in the end, certain things would not have been done if it was not for my VERY CONSTANT follow-up. When you'e paying SO much money and have assigned staff members, it really shouldn't require a multiple-times-a-day follow-up and checklist etc from the Bride and Groom. And now that it's a few days later, they've decided that they messed up our final invoice and that we owe them more money. Also our comped hotel suite somehow accumulated charges that we haven't even been give receipts for yet.

All in all, despite being a pretty hotel venue, the lack of organization and terrible communication on the part of the staff really prohibit me from recommending the Westin to anyone else.

Sent on 07/12/2017