The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI Reviews

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI 4
The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI 5

Valerie · Getting married on 08/09/2020

Staff venue and location

I met with director Julia woods and she was 5 star all the way . Her knowledge and her professionalism exceeded my expectations . This venue is contemporary chic .

Sent on 05/01/2019
  • Debra

Debra · Married on 11/18/2018

Comfortable and perfect

We used the Westin BWI for room blocks for our wedding guests. We booked the hospitality suite for ourselves for 2 nights, and also used it on the wedding day for hair and makeup and getting ready. It perfectly suited our needs and the staff could not have been nicer. It even had a kitchen area complete with full size refrigerator/freezer. We were able to tour the suite a few months before to make sure it fit our needs. Most of our guests joined us for an after party in the hotel bar/restaurant until 12am. It was amazing and staff was courteous and swift with serving our many guests. I would definitely use the Westin again!

Sent on 12/20/2018

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Debra and congratulations to you both! We wish you a wonderful life together!

Tiffany · Married on 04/28/2018

Shira was absolutely amazing! She jumped right in on my wedding day ( and prior) to ensure that my wedding day went as smoothly as possible. Words cannot express the satisfaction that I had with the staff of the Westin.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI 10

The Westin Baltimore Washington Airport - BWI's reply:

Hi Tiffany! Thanks so much for your review! It was a pleasure watching you and your husband and families celebrate together here.
  • Arik

Kira · Married on 08/03/2014

We worked with the Westin for approximately 14 months before our wedding day. Our original coordinator left us 1/2 way thru and we were reassigned to JoAnne and then Tommie. I have to say that I was very nervous when we were reassigned 2x...Tommie initially contacted my then fiance to introduce herself vs contacting me...the bride and I was a little upset about that...until I spoke to Tommie myself and I absolutely LOVED her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a COMPLETELY diff. experience than all of the other reviewers here- Tommie was extremely helpful throughout the process, offering suggestions and answering NUMEROUS questions. I swear she knows everything. She was there for our rehearsal, setting up for the big day and making sure that everyone was aware of timing, locations, etc.

As for our wedding day, it was PERFECT!! The transitions were flawless and if there were any issues, I had no knowledge of them. I later found out that there was an issue with one of our tall floral arrangements falling and Tommie swiftly stepped in to correct the problem like a superstar.

The only negative would be that we found out our chef changed 4 days before the wedding, which isn't really the hotels fault, but it was a bummer. Tommie had an impromptu tasting, sent us pictures, etc and reassured us that the food would still be fabulous...which it was. The portions were great and everyone loved their food. Oh yeah, the tasting was one of my favorite parts of this process.

The staff at the Westin was more than exceptional. It's a great hotel, close to the airport and it fit our needs perfectly. I would absolutely recommend the Westin for your next event...make sure you ask for Tommie!!

Sent on 08/14/2014
  • W8ING

K · Married on 07/13/2013

Despite what previous reviews have said, The Westin BWI not only went above and beyond but they always did it with a smile. If you want to feel like you are V.I.P. this is the place to be. We started with someone else, but JoAnne became the new director and we ended up working with her. Everything always happens for a reason and she was awesome to work with!!! They definitely have a repeat customer with us!! Oh, and for any event that involves alcohol make sure you ask for Ewing the bartender. He is the best bartender and will make your drinks right!
    As for the catering, the tasting was awesome!!! Our advice, eat little portions before because you will NOT be hungry when you leave. They give you huge portions to try. The food was absolutely yummy! In fact, I still have people telling us that the food was great from the reception.

Sent on 07/29/2013
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 07/06/2013

I absolutely loved my venue! From the first time I walked into it, I knew that was where I was going to get married. But when I looked at the reviews on WW and I got a little worried. But I have very few bad things to say about my experience, and any problems we did have were all minor and got resolved. We kind of stumbled upon the Westin and had a pleasant experience working with Tania as our coordinator until she got promoted and there was a little confusion about who was taking over and getting in touch with people. That happened about a month before my wedding and made me very nervous. But when it all got situated, I feel like the staff, especially JoAnne, worked overtime to make sure I felt comfortable again. They were flexible even until the very end as I decided whether I wanted to get married inside or outside because of the weather. They accommodated us in a lot of my requests and when they couldn't they offered a favorable alternative. And, even though the per person price was a little higher than what I wanted to pay, the level of attention their staff gave to me and my family was amazing. I have never seen the staff give so much attention to everyone at the wedding from the bride and groom to the guests. Even after my wedding I still feel like they cater to us regarding questions I've had. Our pictures are beautiful and we constantly get compliments on how beautiful everything was. Also since I did not have a DOC it was great that I could rely on the staff to make sure everything was the way I wanted it. When they returned all of my items they were washed and packed up as neatly as if they were packing their own items. Walking into the reception area after the wedding, I was so overwhelmed by how beautifully Sandra and Kelly had transformed the room. And the food was amazing, not your typical fare you would have at a wedding. The presentation and flavor were excellent. You definitely get what you pay for and the Westin is really worth the price.

Sent on 08/12/2013
  • Francesca

Francesca Gardner · Married on 05/18/2019

2.4
      2.0
      1.0

Do NOT waste your time!

We just had our wedding here on 5/18/19 and the new events coordinator Julie Woods is awful! Not responsive (late to reply to emails always) and uncooperative with my outside vendors! Due to her uncooperativeness Party Plus could not get the room draped in time and our whole day ran late. Julie was also no where to be found the weekend of our wedding. We couldn’t even settle up our final bill with the hotel bc she was gone until the following Thursday. The hotel itself is very modern and Jose did his part to make our reception go smoothly but from the time Julie took over for the previous coordinator Shira all our planning became a nightmare. It’s a real shame this hotel has great potential but they almost ruined our wedding. I later found out this hotel has a track record of problems. Save yourself the heartache!

Sent on 05/28/2019