The Westin Annapolis Reviews

The Westin Annapolis 5
The Westin Annapolis 6

Charlotte · Married on 04/06/2019

Magical Wedding

My daughter's wedding was spectacular from start to finish. Communication with William was easy and he always responded immediately to all of our questions. The tasting that he set up for us was amazing and not what we expected at all. Every detail of the wedding was executed flawlessly!! The ballroom looked simply magical! It was stunning! All of the food from cocktail hour, the main meal and the snack station was superb. So many people commented on how good the food was. Someone asked me if anything went wrong or was not quite like we hoped and I can honestly say that The Westin handled everything flawlessly. We could not be happier with our decision to have our daughter's wedding at The Westin - we made the absolute best choice in doing so. William and his staff truly made it the best day of my daughter's life, we are beyond grateful.

Sent on 04/16/2019

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. I absolutely was honored to have worked with you and your family on this truly amazing and magical day. Wishing you and your family all the best for years to come and thank you for choosing our hotel to create fabulosity!

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

We could not have been happier!

We absolutely LOVED working with William Grace and the staff at the Westin for our wedding. William truly knows his stuff when it comes to wedding and event planning and thought of everything down to every last detail. He was a pleasure to work with and helped us create a beautiful wedding. The food was probably some of the best food we have ever had at a wedding too! If you're looking for a venue that will give you five star service then the Westin is for you!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    The Westin Annapolis 7
    The Westin Annapolis 8

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. We loved being a part of your amazing day. We wish your entire family all the best.

Heidi · Married on 12/09/2017

The experience we had at The Westin Annapolis far surpassed our expectations. The wedding reception was perfect from beginning to end. Thais Joy, our wedding coordinator at The Westin, took the time to get to know us and had a clear understanding of the mood we wanted to create for our guests. She had an eye for detail and didn't leave any "stone unturned". Since most of our guests traveled from out of town to attend we provided a brunch the next morning. Again, Thais made certain everything was perfect. My husband and I were able to spend quality time with our guests at the reception as well as brunch because we knew Thais had everything under control. The Westin Annapolis was very accommodating, welcoming, and had excellent follow through. It was perfect!!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Alyson · Married on 11/11/2017

William Grace and the entire Westin team met and exceeded all expectations. The entire team are experts at what they do and it shows, from signing the contract to helping pick out linens, to finding the best vendor in the industry. At no point in the planning process did any questions go unanswered which took a lot of stress off of us.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

What a beautiful venue. The rooms are very nice too! I had a great time and the staff is so accommodating.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Chloe · Married on 08/19/2017

Working with William Grace truly made my wedding planning experience! He is so kind and enthusiastic and extremely responsive! Throughout the process, he made sure everything was perfectly organized and kept everything moving the day of the wedding. It was an absolute joy working with him, and my husband and I couldn't be happier with our experience with the Westin Annapolis! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/08/2017

CarolAnne · Married on 07/08/2017

Thias Joy - The Westin Annapolis' wedding and event coordinator- was phenomenal and was just a pleasure to work with! The reception space was beautiful, the food was delicious, and my guests all said it was the best wedding they had ever attended! Truly a 5 STAR experience from the Westin.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Jenna · Married on 06/03/2017

Working with the Westin and Thais Joy was a pleasure! They made our entire wedding planning process stress-free and enjoyable!

Sent on 07/10/2017

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Thank you so much for your fabulous review....we wish your entire family all the best and so happy we were a part of your special wedding day.

Mary · Married on 02/18/2017

We just came back from our son's wedding at the Westin Annapolis and we could not have been more happy with the weekend. The hotel staff was very responsive to our needs including handling unexpected guests at the brunch the day after the reception. The food was delicious- not your normal wedding appetizers or entrees and Thais, the event manager was so helpful with helping us make selections and stay within our budget. If you're planning a wedding in beautiful Annapolis this is the place to have it!

Sent on 02/23/2017

Cassie · Married on 12/31/2016

After our original venue cancelled on us (yep it was awesome) the Westin stepped in no problem. Thais was the miracle worker of our wedding, made it so simple for us, from check-in, to guiding us through which table set up was best for our guest numbers, to getting us lined up for the ceremony and me down the aisle. Would highly recommend you will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Charquea · Married on 12/23/2016

From beginning to end, the Westin provided excellent service! I was really impressed with their responsiveness, customer service, and professionalism. All of my wedding dreams truly came true with William's help and advice along the way! I recommend having your next event at the Westin in Annapolis!

Sent on 01/09/2017

gina · Married on 09/24/2016

The Westin did a fabulous job! The ballroom was simply stunning. Thais Joy was a pleasure to work with. She made the process lovely. Everything from the food tasting with the Executive Chef, Wine pairing and the fine details. I could not have asked for a better Hotel or Wedding Coordinator. My daughters wedding reception could not have been an better. The food is fabulous. The staff is professional and service oriented. I would recommend The Westin and Thais Joy to any bride considering their reception here. We had a little over 250 guests and it was unforgettable. Thank You Westin and Thais for making this truly a day to remember!

Sent on 09/30/2016

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Thank you so much for the truly fabulous review. It truly was wonderful to have the opportunity to create an amazing and memorable event. Wishing you and your family many years of pure fabulosity!

Mary · Married on 07/23/2016

Words can not express how pleased we were with William Grace and the Westin. From our initial contact with William to the last dance,all of our request and dreams were fulfilled. Beyond our expectations. His professionalism, guidance,communication and knowledge was amazing. Working for the public we are tasked with responding to our customers in a timely manner, William puts me to shame. My daughter and I communicated with William quite often during our 13 months of planning and I can honestly say my emails and phone calls were returned within minutes every time. William is an asset to the Westin and to all bridal families lucky enough to have him by their side as they plan for that special day. Five stars are not enough for the service we received, William is amazing!!! Thank you!

Sent on 07/25/2016

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. It truly was such a great pleasure and honor working with everyone on your daughter's fabulous wedding. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this amazing day.

Mary · Married on 07/23/2016

Do it!!!! Talk to William Grace he is on his game.

Sent on 08/01/2016

Shelby · Married on 07/23/2016

The Westin & William Grace were absolutely a DREAM to work with. We began looking for venues last June (2015) for a summer 2016 wedding and quickly realized that Annapolis venues were nearly booked. After submitting multiple venue requests throughout Annapolis, we visited the Westin and instantly fell in love. The venue is absolutely beautiful, the food was FANTASTIC and our wedding coordinator at the Westin was truly what made our experience 10 out of 5 stars. To say William Grace was perfect would be an understatement. Being a bride who took on the role of not hiring a wedding planner, I quickly realized why people pay so much money for one. However, William was the perfect addition to all of my planning needs. An email to him never goes unanswered and even better, is usually answered in less than 5 minutes. He answered all of my out of the blue questions and even helped me to create a wedding timeline for our wedding weekend. William coordinated with all of the vendors and each one had nothing but outstanding things to say about how professional and timely he was and how he went out of his way to assure all aspects of our wedding were beyond our expectations. I could list all of the other tasks that William helped me with, but the list would go well past the allowed character amount of this review. If you are thinking about having your wedding at the Westin, do it! It was honestly the best decision we made. Also -- splurge for the draping of the ballroom. When William told us in the beginning that it was a complete transformation, we didn't realize just how true that was. Simple draping with uplighting made the room look absolutely stunning.
    The Westin, and mainly William Grace, made all of my wedding dreams come true. When you let William use his fabulous designing skills and guide you in the direction of your vision, you will have a wedding that you thought was only in your dreams.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Nicole · Married on 07/02/2016

Thais was wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 07/17/2016

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. It truly was such a great pleasure and honor working with everyone on your fabulous wedding. Wishing you both many years of fabulosity!

The Westin Annapolis is a top-notch wedding venue and no one is better that William Grace. From the moment I started looking at hotel venues in Annapolis, William was consistently super responsive, accommodating and informative. Other hotel venues in Annapolis either took days to get back to us, or never responded at all!! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Maria · Married on 10/11/2015

From our initial visit to the The Westin Annapolis in November 2014, when we were visiting various venues to select a wedding venue, to our wedding day in October 2015, we were made to feel like we were the hotel's only clients and our wedding was the only wedding being held at the hotel. I did not have a wedding planner so selecting The Westin Annapolis was the perfect decision, because my wedding was amazing! I feel blessed to have found The Westin Annapolis for my wedding. I initially worked with Hope S. up until about a month before my wedding. She was amazing to work with and I was very lucky that the hotel has an amazing staff, because William Grace, the hotel's Director of Catering became my new contact. William took over where Hope left off. He responded immediately to my many email questions and concerns, and made me feel confident that my wedding would be fabulous! I was able to enjoy every aspect of my wedding day, because William and the catering staff made everything seamless. So many of our guests have shared with us how they enjoyed the venue and the food, and found the staff (including William, the front desk, valet, servers, bartender, etc.) to be great! William's passion in his email signature is "creating fabulosity." His passion was seen by my husband and I, and our guests. We are forever grateful to William for helping to make one of the most important days in our lives an amazing success!! If you are looking for a venue for your special day, look no further, The Westin Annapolis is the venue and you will not regret your decision.

Sent on 11/02/2015

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Everything provided to us from the Westin in Annapolis was first class ! William, the Catering Director is amazing, he made us feel so secure about every detail associated with our event. I would book this facility again and highly recommend it if you are planning a wedding or any other special occasion. I give them a 10 out of 10 !

Sent on 09/28/2015

Maribel · Married on 08/22/2015

Our experience at the Westin was Exceptional!! From the moment we went to the Westin to see about having the wedding reception there, we knew that we had to have it at the Westin. William Grace, Director of the Catering at the Westin was by far the most pleasant, accommodating, fun, professional, talented individual to work with....he made you feel like you were the only client he had. We knew it would be fabulous because of him! Our guests are still raving about the wedding reception, they told us that it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We had 193 guests of which 111 stayed overnight at the hotel. In addition to hosting a reception, we had a breakfast for all of the guests that stayed at the hotel. William was also in charge of the brunch and we could not have had a nicer experience. The guests raved about the FOOD, it was exceptional. They claim that it was the best food they have had at any wedding and even 5 star restaurants. We will be back to the Westin. You too will have a pleasant experience and especially if you get the privilege and honor to work with William and the fantastic staff at the Westin...from William, to the front desk staff, to housekeeping and the CHEF...you will be treated wonderfully!

Sent on 08/31/2015

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Thank you so much for your fabulous review. It truly was such a great pleasure and honor working with everyone on your fabulous wedding. Wishing your family many years of fabulosity!

Elizabeth · Married on 06/20/2015

Our experience was amazing with the Westin Annapolis. William Grace and his staff were first class from beginning to end. Every detail was the most important detail and we can truthfully say that the entire wedding reception went on without a hitch. One of the most important points is that the parents of the bride were able to actually enjoy the wedding reception and were not burdened with logistical issues and constant disruptions. We highly recommend the Westin Annapolis and its professional team for a truly memorable experience.

Sent on 06/24/2015

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Thank you so much for your amazing review. It is our job to really allow everyone to enjoy their amazing day with their families. We pride ourselves on service, quality and attention to detail. I wish you and your families many joys and pure fabulosity!

I planned the wedding with my daughter who lives in England, Responses to requests were always within 24 hours and that includes the booking of hotel rooms. Staff used their initiative by using the flowers from the wedding at the breakfast brunch tables. Staff were discrete but efficient. The wedding was a great success made possible by Hope and her staff.

Sent on 06/27/2015

Betty · Married on 03/21/2015

To express how extraordinary William and the entire staff at the westin is an understatement !!! William, Michael, the chef and the staff exceeded our expectations by one million percent! The food at the celebration was off the charts! Most of our guests were from New York and they have not stopped raving about the hotel accommodations, the celebration and the brunch! It was a perfect weekend, not a stone was unturned!
    It was a pleasure working with William! His proffesionalism and patience with me, my daughter and my husband was extraordinary! He is a man of his word and sure goes the extra mile to keep his clients happy ! Most important the bride and groom are still on cloud nine!

Sent on 04/07/2015

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

It truly was so wonderful working with your entire family. I am so thankful to have had the honor and privilege to do so. I wish everyone all the best and again thank you from the entire staff for allowing us to create fabulosity!

Jennifer · Married on 02/14/2015

Incredible is the best way to describe my experience with The Westin Annapolis and staff. I have dreamt about this day since I was little and I don’t know how William Grace and The Westin Annapolis staff were able to take my dream and exceed it. William was always very responsive, which was perfect for this spastic bride. He always made me feel as if I was the only bride he was working with! Donna Flynn, the lady who handled the room block, was also amazing! One phone call or email to her and Donna took care of all my needs. Both William and Donna made the wedding planning process less stressful. The day of the event could not have gone better. William and Michel Cote, the banquet manager, made sure the entire day went smoothly. They both worked well with all the vendors, which helped my dad be completely stress free. I heard so many stories from other brides about how you have to let go of control the day of because things will always go wrong and you will never stay on schedule. Obviously these brides did not get married at The Westin Annapolis or have a team as fabulous as Williams’s team because my day stayed on schedule and not a single thing went wrong! I will forever be grateful to William Grace and his team for making mine and my husband’s dreams come true. Thank you

Sent on 02/23/2015

The Westin Annapolis's reply:

Jennifer: Thank you so much for your extremely wonderful words. It truly was wonderful to work with you and like I say to my entire team "a wedding is a special day, its a day that will be filled with many memories and it is our job to create those memories for all of our couples" I wish you and Sean an amazing marriage and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!