The Wedding Dress & Tux Shop Reviews

The Wedding Dress & Tux Shop 2
The Wedding Dress & Tux Shop 3
  • Sandra

Sandra · Married on 07/16/2011

I had fantastic service from the Wedding Dress & Tux Shop. Everyone was prfessional, and very very helpful. My assistant was Jessica and I found her to be awesome to deal with. Polite at all times and willing to do whatever I needed. I would highly recommed this vendor to anyone. The prices were reasonable. Thank You all for all your help.
    Sandy

Sent on 02/23/2012

donna · Married on 03/02/2011

Great service!!!! The new owners were very informative and took great care of me and the entire Bridal party. Prices were super and alterations were really cheap. Jessie even came to the church to help me on my Wedding day!!!!Shop at this small shop were you will be treated great.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Julie · Married on 08/08/2008

Bought the first dress I tried on! Absolutely love the ladies at this shop and the small town personal service provided! Definitely recommend this shop!

Sent on 10/07/2008

Joan · Married on 07/12/2008

The women at this shop are amazing. I live in the Buffalo area, so it was quite a trek for me to get out to Geneseo during normal business hours. They would always make appointments with me when it was convenient for me, not them. They were extremely professional and helpful. I not only got my wedding dress there, but we got all the bridesmaid dresses and my mother's dress as well. I would definitely recommend this shop to anyone!!

Sent on 11/14/2008

They had amazing dresses. Flattering for any figure.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/05/2009

From the minute I set foot into their clean, spacious, sparkling boutique I was treated like a princess. They helped me pick out the gown of my dreams and even when I found it they were honest with their thoughts about whether it's the right cut for me or not. I was greated with genuine smiles every time I visited and my fittings were quick and easy. They also allowed me to do something that was VERY important for me; they allowed my family to take pictures. Something that most wedding attire vendors do not allow. I was so happy with them I also purchased all my bridesmaids gowns from them too. The seamstress who works with them did an amazingly quick job as well. I could not have been happier with them!

Sent on 04/08/2009

I wish I could wear my wedding dress over and over again. The girls at the Wedding Dress made me feel so comfortable and were a great help in assisting in my decision.

Sent on 06/22/2016
  • roseamber3

Amber · Married on 08/30/2008

My dress was wonderful, and they made the experience of picking the dress extremely easy. They did not blink an eye when I wanted to try on 20 dress (no joke).

I ordered my dress 4 mo before the wedding date, and they were able to get it in and have two alterations before the wedding. Truely a gem!

Sent on 09/04/2008

3.0
      3.0

I went in here to try on a wedding dress for the first time and ended up choosing my dress here. Lovely shop with a nice staff. I bought my dress and tux from here. The only complaints I have really had to do with regarding the tuxs for the groom and groomsmen. I had a special case with one of my groomsmen needing to put off ordering his tux (due to a gastric bypass surgery). At first, it seemed like it would be easy but every time I called the store I seemed to get a different answer or they had no idea what I was talking about. My biggest complaint was that the shoes you got with the rental looked horrible. They were coming apart and looked really old. Also, on my wedding day, about 5 out of the 7 groomsmen's hems came out of their pants so, my mother-in-law had to pin them up so they could walk down the aisle. Overall, great place for a wedding dress but I would go somewhere else for the groom's attire.

Sent on 05/19/2014

2.8
      3.5
      3.5
      2.5

We rented all of the men's attire here because we wanted to stay local and give the business to them. Unfortunately, we didn't have a great experience. All of the men had been fitted by one of the ladies at the store so we expected all of their tuxes to fit. However, the week of the wedding when the tuxes came in, there were some issues. My husband's tux did not fit him correctly and neither did his best man's (just the shirts and shoes did not fit). They went back and got everything straightened out. Their tuxes came in the next day, they tried what they needed to on, and everything seemed okay. However, the morning of our wedding, my husband went to try on the pants and they had put the wrong pants in his tux bag. An hour prior to walking down the aisle, his best man had to rush down there to get him the right sized pants! I was very disappointed. Everything turned out to be okay, but for being in the wedding business it seemed they should've paid more attention to what they were doing. It would've been terrible had they not been open or been able to address the issue on the day of our wedding. Tuxes seemed expensive for what we could've gotten elsewhere but we tried to do the right thing and shop local. I know others who have had good experiences here but I personally would not go back.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Staci · Married on 09/10/2011

0.2
      0.0
      0.0

If you noticed the dates of great reviews are before 2010. After the new owners (mother- Nancy & daughter-Jessica took over, the service has been really really bad. They had a nasty attitude towards me when I complained how my dress did not fit me well. They acted as if I was a bother. They claimed to know a lot about fashion but whenever I needed something adjusted, they call Jean the seamstress. I will not recommend this place anymore.

Sent on 09/18/2011