The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Elaine
    Elaine R. Getting married on 07/16/2022

Angie Florence

I just wanted to give Angie Florence and her team a huge shout out for being so amazing and understanding during the last 2 years with changes due to Covid. Angie helped me plan the most spectacular wedding for my daughter. Unfortunately due to Covid it was postposed twice. Angie and her team continued to be helpful and understanding the entire time. I would highly recommend the Waterfront Hilton and Angie Florence to help you plan your wedding.
  • Brenda
    Brenda K. Getting married on 01/10/2022

Amazing, beautiful wedding

With beach views from our location (both ceremony and reception), to the delicious food we created with their staff, to the helpful and resourceful staff (Angie and Spencer), our wedding was the most beautiful, easiest, memorable wedding ever!!!
  • Ghanshyam
    Ghanshyam A. Married on 07/10/2021

Wedding and Reception

From booking to completion of wedding, the experience was exceptional.
    Senior Catering Manager Angie Florence helped us through the process. She is very experienced.
  • Alex
    Alex Z. Married on 04/03/2021

My perfect wedding

The Waterfront Hotel was supportive, accommodating, and friendly throughout our entire wedding planning process. Angie was our go-to for everything wedding related and always had the answers. I was a relatively ignorant bride when it came to specific details or event planning, but Angie helped every step of the way answering every single question I had. I felt that our Waterfront team understood me, my husband, and our style. They were able to make decisions that were exactly in line with my vision without me having to articulate specifics. Planning a wedding during COVID created its own unique challenges, but our team at the Waterfront helped alleviate a lot of that stress with their unending flexibility. I would recommend this place every single time and cannot wait to spend each anniversary here in the future!
    Mckenzie B. Married on 03/13/2021

The absolute best!

As one of the many weddings canceled in 2020 Angie was so amazing and easy to work with! She was extremely accommodating and made our second date an absolute dream. The venue itself is to die for and would recommend for anyone! Wish I could relive our day 100 times again!
  • Michael
    Michael D. Married on 12/12/2020

Enjoyble experience

The Waterfront Hilton is not only very accommodating with our needs, they were able to adjust with any last minute change & updates. Everything is great, down to the team, food & of course the beach view. The Waterfront is greatly recommended.
  • Yvonne
    Yvonne C. Married on 11/22/2020

Bob and Yvonne Wood

We were a mature couple looking for a small but elegant venue for a small wedding during COVID. We could not have been happier. Everyone was so helpful. The week before our wedding, we had to move everything outside. The hotel moved it pool side. It was beautifully done. I highly recommend this venue.

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel's reply:

Thank you Yvonne for the wonderful review! We loved being a part of yours and Bob's day. We hope to see you back again soon!

Vanessa Delp
    Director of Catering
    Cathy M. Married on 09/26/2020

Great experience

Loved having my wedding at the Waterfront Hilton! Gorgeous venue and working with Angie was nothing short of easy, amazing, and smooth.
  • Linh
    Linh M. Married on 09/19/2020

Best day ever! Picturesque oceanfront reception.

These past few months have been a roller coaster ride especially if you're a couple planning a wedding amidst the pandemic. Our original wedding date was in May 2020 but we had to postpone until September.

Our plans were diverted outdoors because it was impossible to host a reception with 300+ guests inside the Breakwater Ballroom. Our guest list was cut in half to abide by the guidelines.

We were lucky to have worked with Vanessa, the Catering Director. She accommodated us and kept us informed as Orange County was going through the lock down and then the reopening phase. We were able to pull off a COVID wedding safely with the assistance of our Wedding Coordinator and the Hilton Waterfront Beach Resort staff.

Our banquet tables were set up in the Vista Lawns overlooking Huntington Beach. The weather was perfect that day except for a light breeze. Heat lamps were in use for the evening hours. Dinner was served with the sunset in the backdrop.

My husband and I were overjoyed to have had our wedding celebration at this beautiful venue. If you want an elegant atmosphere but not too posh then this hotel/resort is the perfect choice! Thank you for making our special day more than memorable!
  • Ashley
    Ashley A. Married on 09/12/2020

BEST wedding venue in OC!

Getting married in a pandemic was challenging but working with the staff at The Waterfront was truly phenomenal. Not only is their venue space stunning but they did a great job at accommodating our guests, were super easy and timely when working with us and did a great job working through the changing rules & regulations. We got married in the Vista Lawn and felt we had our perfect fairytale wedding with the ocean view and twinkle lights. Both Nancy & Angie were amazing to work with and so accommodating from the first time we met. Also, our wedding guests all raved about the food! HIGHLY recommend this wedding venue!
    Cassidy B. Married on 05/16/2020

Waterfront Weddings-Yes yes yes!

The Waterfront Hilton Resort was beyond what we could have imagined! From start to finish, they handled it all! We had to postpone our wedding due to COVID-19, and the Waterfront Wedding team, especially Angie Florence, made sure our day was incredible...and did it all in TWO WEEKS!! They went above and beyond to ensure our intimate micro wedding was a success and special. We felt valued and heard throughout our two week planning process. Angie and her team made sure our wedding ran smoothly and handled everything! We cannot recommend them enough!
    Jennifer L. Married on 05/09/2020

Best Venue Ever!

We had our wedding at the Waterfront on May 8, 2021 and it was amazing! After postponing twice, having a small ceremony in September on the Pacific terrace, to having our big wedding in Coastal Ballroom in May, everything went perfectly and just as we had envisioned. We worked with Angie as our coordinator and she is truly the best! She was easy going and fun to work with and made the planning process as seamless as possible, especially since we live out of state. She really listened to our wants and needs and helped us find a package that was perfect for our guests. Many guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and the food was incredible! We could not have had a better experience at the Waterfront Beach Resort!
    Mina Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing Venue!

My fiance and I considered about three dozen different wedding venues and the Waterfront Hilton was the one we ultimately ended up choosing after much trial and error. For over a year Angie responded to our many many emails, answering all of our questions and working to ensure everything went well on our big day. Of all the hotels I toured the Waterfront was the clear choice. For a hotel wedding venue, they were incredibly accommodating and super flexible with our requests. The ceremony space was beautiful, and we loved the convenience of having the ceremony, cocktail, and reception space all in one area while still allowing our guests to have the freedom to roam around and spread out. Everything the day of was flawless, from the bridal suite (that view though), to the multiple photo locations, and of course the wedding itself. Tina our banquet captain did an amazing job checking in with us during the dinner service, and Julie was by far everyones favorite bartender (shout out to Julie!). The food was head and shoulders above the typical wedding food (I still dream of their coconut shrimp). Overall, we couldn't be happier with the venue and are so grateful to Angie and everyone else at the venue that worked tirelessly to ensure we had everything wanted on our big day.
    Eddie G. Married on 11/23/2019

Beautiful Location, High Quality Food, Amazing Coordinator

After canvassing a multitude of beachfront wedding locations from Malibu to Laguna Beach, my wife and I meticulously decided on the Waterfront Beach Resort based on price, view, and the catering coordinator. We could not have made a better choice. The Waterfront had an amazing view of the Pacific which gets even better at sunset. Angie Florence, the catering manager, was extremely professional. During wedding planning, we've exchanged hundreds of emails and Angie was always there to assist. Angie was highly knowledgeable about the wedding industry. In addition, she was flexible and very easy to work with. Not only was Angie organized with dates and payments, she also contributed numerous unique ideas that were invaluable to our wedding experience. Aside from the beautiful location of the Waterfront Beach Resort, Angie and her team really made the wedding planning period less stressful and our wedding day memorable. The high quality food and service was also amazing. They provided a large selection of items to choose from as well as including wine experts for pairing. Our guests loved the hors d'oeuvres and entrees. The pricing was reasonable and we definitely recommend the Waterfront as a prime wedding location.
    Alexes M. Married on 10/20/2019

Our Special Day at this Beautiful Location

My husband and I were married at the Waterfront last October. I cannot say enough about our experience. First, it was beautiful. My husband is a beach guy and I am a bit more formal and the Waterfront gave us the best of both worlds. A waterfront wedding and a beautiful ballroom reception. Second, I worked with Angie, who was amazing. She was responsive, hilarious and just made me feel super confident in our decision to get married at Waterfront. It was like getting a built in best friend. Third, they have combination packages which help narrow down some of the vendors. That is an absolute dream! Planning a wedding is pretty laborious, so things like this cut down on time and endless searching and make the process exponentially less difficult.
    If you are considering it, I say DO IT. You wont regret it. I wanted to go back for our first year anniversary but we were busy preparing for our little one!!! My hubby and the Waterfront were two perfect choices for me!
    Mimi Married on 10/19/2019

Best venue for beach ceremony and ballroom reception in the OC!

We spent a few months looking for the perfect venue that would accommodate a "toes in the sand" beach ceremony and a ballroom reception, looking at most of SoCal beach city venues. We finally found the perfect one in Huntington Beach, and that was the Waterfront Beach Resort by Hilton. Their location is phenomenal and the roof top bar provides incredible views for short gatherings before and after all your wedding weekend plans. From our first initial contact to inquire, we got a speedy response from Angie who provided a lot of information to get ahead of any questions we had. The entire process from start to finish was always on point, and we reached out to Angie and her team and always got a rapid response back. Food and service were above standards expected and was displayed beautifully and equally delicious. Our guests said that this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. Thank you so much to Angie and all of the Hilton staff for making this the best day and weekend celebration of our lives!
  • Vina
    Vina A. Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing venue

The staff was extremely knowledgeable about the process and what it takes to create the atmosphere we envisioned. We interviewed many venues and the Waterfront Hilton in Huntington Beach was the most superior in service, location, cost, and flexibility.
  • Y
    Yara A. Married on 09/14/2019

The Absolute Best

The Waterfront was incredibly easy to work with, flexible to our needs and helped a nearly 400 person wedding go flawlessly. I cannot comment enough on how helpful Angie was in planning and the entire staff was that evening. They delivered everything with such class and professionalism! The food was also incredibly impressive.
  • Jessica
    Jessica S. Married on 09/07/2019

Dream wedding experience!

There are so many wonderful things to say about the Waterfront that I have a hard time knowing where to begin. We had our wedding at the Waterfront Hilton on their Vista Lawn with the Coastal Ballroom. From my first inquiry to the actual wedding, the Waterfront continued to provide stellar service that exemplified their professionalism and experience in weddings. I compared them to other venues and what you get for the price is no comparison. My dad was in contact with them as well throughout the process and was so impressed with it all that he thanked them during his Father of the Bride speech.

As for the actual planning and communication, our point person was Angie Florence. She expertly handled questions/emails from myself, my mom, and my dad, keeping us all informed in perfect coordination with our wedding coordinator. I felt 100% confident going into the wedding day that she and the Waterfront would deliver. And boy did they!!!!!

The Waterfront is perfectly located on PCH in Huntington Beach where guests could enjoy the beach and the nearby restaurants and bars. The Vista lawn was STUNNING for the ceremony! I couldn’t have envisioned a more romantic, beautiful setting to have my dream wedding. All of the guests raved about the ceremony, the cocktail hour that faced the ocean, and the Coastal ballroom that fit 150 perfectly. If you are looking to actually enjoy the food at a wedding, the Waterfront is probably the only venue you should consider. As an Italian bride who had been to dozens of weddings before my own, I honestly set my expectations low. I told myself that no one enjoys wedding food so that I wouldn’t be disappointed. Fast forward to our buffet and we had guests coming up to our families to specifically tell them that the food was amazing. Even my chef-aunt, an educated critique, told me she was impressed with the food. They made me an entire fresh plate of ravioli after photos!!!

The Waterfront does absolutely whatever they can to make the couple and their families happy. They go over and above to make sure they have everything exactly how you want it, and most importantly they are so nice about it! If you want a perfect beach wedding on all levels, book it!!

THANK YOU Angie and the rest of the Waterfront staff for a magical wedding that was as organized as it was beautiful. You guys are the best!
  • Brittany
    Brittany R. Married on 09/06/2019

Dream Come True

Having our wedding at The Waterfront Resort was an absolute dream come true! Not only is the venue just gorgeous but their staff is great too! Vanessa and Faye were so helpful with everything! I would highly recommend having your wedding there!
  • Tina
    Tina R. Married on 07/13/2019

Brides, Grooms and your guests will be pleased!

We celebrated our wedding with 90 guests here last weekend and it went off flawlessly. We have never been so impressed with the service from start to finish! Vanessa was amazing and very responsive! The level of professionalism was unbelievable! I'd highly recommend this resort for any wedding and reception! We were on the Vista Lawn and in the Coastal Ballroom! The food was amazing and our guests had an amazing celebration with us! I wasn't worried about one detail as we walked into our weekend to celebrate!
    Thank you Waterfront Beach Resort for making our weekend such a success!
    Tina and Bob Richey

The Waterfront Beach Resort, A Hilton Hotel's reply:

Thank you Tina and Bob! It was such an honor to be a part of your day and what a beautiful day it was. We hope to see you for many visits to come!
  • Casey
    Casey Married on 06/14/2019

Perfection! Best Venue in the OC

Wedding Date: June 14, 2019

My wife and I are still in awe of how perfect the wedding venue was. From the very moment we booked, to our big day, their dream team of venue coordinators were there assist/accommodate us every step of the way, Angie, Faye, and Vanessa are truly a dream team and work so well together. My wife and I had so many special requests for our big day, and they were more than willing to work with us on all of them. I also want to give a shout out to Church (I think that’s his name, I apologize if I got it wrong!). I believe he was our personal coordinator for our big day at the venue. The exceptional level of attentiveness and customer service he provided to us on our big day did not go unnoticed and we’re so grateful to have had him a part of our big day as well!

Lastly, this venue is simply beautiful. We had guests come from all over (Korea, Philippines, etc.) and they all said the same thing.......what a view! We were at the coastal ballroom, which I highly recommend if you have 150 guests. You and your guests will have the backdrop of the sunset and the ocean while you’re dancing the night away.....which trust me, you will appreciate when your big day arrives. My wife and I searched so many venues and so we can truly say this is the best wedding venue in the OC.
    Marlin Married on 06/09/2019

excellent professionalism

the team at the hotel is more than great. our big day was wonderful thanks to them. good advices and sincere caring about the minimal details. Angie, Fay and Nancy are extremely professional and nice and helped us a lot to eliminate any source of stress. I was sure we were in good hands and when I entered the ballroom I felt that my dream is coming true.
    Tianne Married on 10/06/2018
    It was a pleasure to work with Angie, Social Catering Manager throughout 6 months. She’s sweet, responsive and professional. Thank you Angie & Hilton Beach Waterfront Resort for making my dream wedding come true. Everything was so beautiful and organized ❤️❤️
    Miriam Married on 05/19/2018
    Our wedding was a dream! We decided to have our wedding at the Waterfront before the banquet hall was finished being built and I have to say that the end result was more than we could have ever imagined! We feel so lucky to have been one of the first weddings at this beautiful venue because it is going to be one of the top places to have a wedding in Orange County. So many of our friends and family inquired about the hotel after our wedding. Our banquet hall is a big space but didn’t give the feeling of being too big. I am super picky about details but I loved every part of the room. The chandeliers and mirrored walls give it a modern yet elegant touch. I didn’t need to drape the hall, I felt that the walls gave it character. Our cocktail hour was on the new, gorgeous lawn. Our guests enjoyed cocktails and hor d oeuvres beside a water fountain and of course a view of the ocean. It was breathtaking and perfect for pictures. We worked with Angie Florence, the Catering Manager at the hotel. Angie and her team were so on top of it! They were so helpful and attentive throughout the whole process, asking questions, responding to emails and doing everything possible to make sure the day ran smoothly. And it did. I couldn’t have asked for a better staff. The Hilton Waterfront was the perfect place for our wedding and I am so happy with our decision.