The Vow Whisperer Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Marta M. Getting married on 06/10/2022

She has a beautiful spirit and a way with words

Highly recommend Tanya! She really made our ceremony special. Not only did she help with writing our vows but she helped write our officiant’s. Her service is priceless

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

You were my perfect bride, Marta! We did it in record time and you were just simply amazing! Thank you for trusting me.
  • Sasha
    Sasha Married on 05/14/2022

Tanya Stepped in During an Emergency to Make Our Dream Wedding Come True!

Tanya was the ultimate lifesaver who ensured my wedding was able to happen without a hitch! My original plan was for my now-husband's uncle to officiate our wedding. We had meticulously gone over the ceremony script, decided on readings, and felt nearly ready to go until two days prior to my ceremony. That's when I learned the news that my husband's uncle had a health scare (he's fine now!) which meant that we were out of an officiant. When I first heard the news, we originally thought we might have to cancel the ceremony altogether and go to city hall.

With two days to go, Tanya came to our rescue. She came recommended by our venue, the Wythe, and was in the process of flying back to New York from Portugal. I called her frantically less than 20 minutes after hearing this devastating news and she assured me on the phone that she would be able to step in last minute. She even rearranged her travel to ensure she arrived on-time despite the weather disruptions caused by Hurricane Ida. We shared the script, and despite the last minute request, she still took the time to review, take notes, and ensure she brought the same level of professionalism as any other ceremony.

When the day arrived, she came prepared and met with us early to set final jitters at ease. She event memorized several of my Brazilian family members' name pronunciations, which thoroughly impressed my parents.

The ceremony was beautiful and it only came to be thanks to Tanya's gracious willingness to step in. I would highly recommend Tanya's services to any couple getting married in the New York Metro area.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

I will never forget sitting having dinner facing the ocean in Portugal when you called...somewhat frantic, yet pretty calm for someone getting married two days later without an officiant. Through thick and thin, I made it back to New York in a hurricane just in time to marry you. It was a huge pleasure that we were able to pull it off and pretty well, I must say!
  • Suzanne
    Suzanne S. Married on 05/08/2022

Effortless

From our first Zoom call, I knew I was in good hands with Tanya! She asked questions about us and what we wanted, listened closely and made suggestions based on what we said we were looking for. We had the ceremony written in just a few days - she made the process so easy and effortless! My new husband kept saying, "Everyone should it like this!" It was short, but sweet and I couldn't have asked for a better day.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Thanks so much, Suzanne. You were a radiant bride and lovely to work with! How lucky we were to get such a gorgeous day when it could have been a downpour.
  • Erin
    Erin M. Married on 04/23/2022

Personalized and fantastic

Working with the Vow Whisperer was a highlight of our wedding process. Tanya took the time to dive into our relationship and get to know our back story. She helped us write meaningful vows that I still can't stop reading. Through practicing with her I was so excited to share my vows with my now husband on the wedding day. She helped us personalize our ceremony and make it unique to our relationship. Our guests were amazed and the ceremony was beautiful. I highly recommend her to help you with your Vows and ceremony. It was the perfect package.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Thank you, Erin! Working with you both, as well as your friend officiant, your father and sister, was one of pure delight. You were all so wonderful to work with!
    Jonathan J. Married on 02/19/2022

My Vows were perfected!

Tanya truly gave us both the confidence and the right rhythm and rhyme to make our vows perfect. We cannot thank her enough for her help, and we recommend her expertise to all!

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

You are the sweetest...and probably the most wonderful husband out there,,,,what a joy to work with you!
    James Married on 02/19/2022

Best Officiant Ever!

Tanya is the best! An amazing speaker and a great editor/collaborator.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Thank you, James. It was an honor to marry you and Dan...and what a gorgeous location! May your journey continue to be a beautiful one.
    Julie P. Married on 01/06/2022

Great Help!

Tanya helped us make our ceremony unique to us. She was also a great help when it came to writing our vows.
    Alvaro L. Married on 01/06/2022

100% Recommend

Tanya's help in writing our vows was invaluable. She helped us value the whole process, bring up our most cherished memories and feelings about one another, and enjoy the experience. She was extremely well prepared to help us with questionnaires, templates, and recommendations. She was always happy to talk and would review our vows in a lot of detail. I am thankful for her help in making our vows memorable forever. In addition, Tanya also was our officiant in our wedding and she was incredibly accommodating, helpful, and creative.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Alvaro, you were a pleasure to work with! Your enthusiasm and commitment to the process were wonderful! Your vows were beautiful...and I think we pulled off a lovely little ceremony!
  • Marissa
    Marissa A. Married on 11/09/2021

Excellent!

I had the pleasure of working with Tanya to create a ceremony for my nephew and his fiancé that I was officiating.
    Tanya helped us to create the ceremony, to incorporate the bride and grooms requests and she helped me to prepare and practice for the big day!
    In addition, she helped the bride and groom to write their vows and worked with us all to that the ceremony was cohesive and exactly as they wanted it.
    Tanya was knowledgeable, professional and available to me whenever I needed her. She responded promptly via email and text and made herself available no matter how busy her schedule was or what time zone we were in.
    I cannot recommend her enough. The ceremony was beautiful, warm and personal. I had never officiated before and because of Tanya's help to prepare me, people thought I had done this before.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

You were the ideal student, Marissa! And so intensely committed to the process, which made it so easy. Thank you for your lovely words!
  • Rania
    Rania N. Married on 11/08/2021

Make your special day extraordinary

We were so lucky to have Tanya as the officiant for our Central Park micro-wedding! We wanted it to be short but also sweet and meaningful. She helped create a ceremony that was touching and memorable all the while being true to who we were as a couple. She's a wonderful, caring and uplifting person that was a delight to interact with. Highly recommend!

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Thank you so much, Rania! It was definitely the perfect little wedding! I won't forget your entrance into the little enclave!
    Bonnie G. Married on 10/30/2021

The best officiant for our most memorable day!

We hired Tanya to officiate our wedding in May of 2020 in New York City. We were forced to reschedule, not once but twice, due to Covid restrictions imposed by the city. Tanya was incredibly helpful and supportive throughout the entire rescheduling process and offered to reschedule without any additional fees. As we had to continuously adapt our plans as circumstances changed, Tanya helpfully let us bounce ideas off of her and she was more than happy to give advice based on her years of experience. When the time finally came for our wedding nearly two years later, she helped us craft the perfect vows and ceremony. The process of writing our vows made us reflect on our relationship and brought us closer together. At our wedding, our family and friend raved about how special and unique our vows were. Thank you again, Tanya. I would recommend her to friends and family getting married.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

I feel like we've known each other for years! Well, we have, actually...
    It was such a pleasure to work with you and Scott and to finally see our patience culminate in one of the most wonderful ceremonies ever!
  • Kelly
    Kelly T. Married on 10/02/2021

100% Recommend

I highly recommend Tanya! Since we did not want to write our own vows, Tanya suggested we write "our story". It turned out better than expected and so many of our guest complimented the ceremony. Tanya was extremely helpful, professional and made our ceremony planning process a breeze. We are so lucky to have found her!
  • Jianna
    Jianna P. Married on 09/25/2021

10 out of 10

We’re so glad we got to work with Tanya. She has this amazingly calm, gentle and gracious presence that put you at ease the moment you speak to her. As the perfect officiant of our wedding, she prepared and performed such a beautiful ceremony that we couldn’t have asked for anything better. She gave us a lot of great options to choose readings from beforehand, so we could select what we thought would go well with our theme and personalities. And as our wonderful vow coach, she made sure that we genuinely got to know each other as a whole and that we were comfortable sharing our story and practicing with her. The guiding questions she gave us to ask ourselves when writing our vows were so helpful in getting both me and my husband in touch with our memories and emotions, and we loved that in the end everything we wrote was our own honest words and thoughts. So many guests said they cried when we each read our vows because they were so beautiful, and we’re deeply grateful to Tanya for helping to bring the best work out of us. We cannot recommend her enough—she’ll enrich the way you see, appreciate, and celebrate love.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

You and Brandon were so wonderful to work with....and I loved how you had the ceremony and the vows translated for your family. What a difference it made in the enjoyment of the day. It was a lovely experience for me, too...not just you:)
    Emma M. Married on 09/24/2021

Tanya is the best!!

Tanya was absolutely the perfect officiant for our wedding! She's amazing! First of all, she is the sweetest human. She dedicated so much of her time in order to make sure that our ceremony was everything we envisioned for our big day. She even made sure she got to the venue over 3 hours early to make sure everything went smoothly. She also helped us to make sure our vows expressed our emotions and fit into the ceremony we had in mind. We are so thankful for Tanya and her help during such an impactful time of our lives!

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

You are so sweet, Emma. I so loved meeting you, seeing you in Hugo's hometown in Portugal, and then coming back to NY to have the loveliest wedding. You are a wonderful couple and I wish you all the amazing things marriage can bring you.
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia C. Married on 09/19/2021

Best Ever!

Tanya was a godsend. She helped us with writing our vows and officiated our wedding, My husband and I were both nervous and she made the process so easy. We had 2 prep calls to plan the ceremony and she made great suggestions that made the ceremony very beautiful and special. She's incredible.She was incredibly patient and helpful. The process really made us think about our relationship which helped a lot with writing our vows. Tanya made our wedding day so memorable. Every bride should have someone like Tanya when planning their wedding.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

You and Stevens were such a lovely couple...we definitely had a great time together. And what an incredible experience to do a wedding in the round!
  • Elise
    Elise M. Married on 09/18/2021

People are still talking about our ceremony!

Tanya! There are simply not enough wonderful things I can say about Tanya and her incredible business, skill, abilities, and energy. From the second we had our first Zoom meeting in the midst of Covid, we knew that Tanya was the one we wanted to marry us. My husband and I are not particularly religious, so I was actually very stressed about the ceremony - how do I prepare a ceremony when I have no 'base'? What things am I supposed to include? Who do we find to do it? Isn't it weird to have a stranger? Tanya made what I thought was going to be the hardest part of our wedding, the most seamless, ENJOYABLE, and beautiful process. Once the pandemic lightened, we went out to drinks with her and talked about EVERYTHING, from food, to travel, to her and her husband's backgrounds, to her wedding (at our same venue), and the time passed effortlessly. She gave my husband and me such a solid base of things to incorporate into our ceremony, and we were able to work with her on how to make it a bit 'interactive' and inclusive to the people we invited. She also asked my husband and me to answer questions about each other for her to craft her portion of the ceremony, and her questions were so thoughtful and beautiful it was actually a great exercise for us pre-marriage! People are still talking about our AMAZING ceremony, and if you need an officiant, don't go with just anyone - hire Tanya to make your ceremony turn into the best part of the day

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Elise, you've made me cry! This review is unbelievable and I feel so blessed to have met you, spent time with you, and got to marry you where I got married not too long ago.. What you've written will always stay with me. I feel so fortunate,

Thanks, dear Elise and Steven.
    Ryan J. Married on 09/17/2021

What a great experience

Tanya was amazing and totally worth the money it cost to hire her. We a had a quick meeting and then she sent us an email with instructions for our vows. It took some time and a lot of thinking. Once it was done Tanya worked her magic and soon enough I had amazing vows! If you are in need of someone to help with your vows email Tanya! She is the best!!!

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Thank you so much! So glad everything went so well. You were both great students😏.. I wish you the very best for a wonderful marriage!
    Anne D. Married on 09/08/2021

Tanya is a phenomenal talent in her work

Tanya is phenomenal. She sends you inspirational vows to get you going. I would have been somewhat of a disaster saying my vows if I hadn’t hired Tanya. She spends time making sure you are set to go. I am so happy with my vows. She doesn’t write them for you but she guides you to follow your heart and create absolutely the perfect vow for your dearest loved one. You have a wedding once. Go for it, get it fantastic. Outstanding professional and an obvious talent in her work.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Annie, what a wonderful review! Thank you!
    It's been a pleasure working with you. You are going to rock your vows on Friday!
    Justine Married on 09/06/2021

A loving wedding guide

Tanya was exactly the coaching my husband and I needed for our ceremony and vows. She helped us get clear on what we wanted to say to each other and craft the most unforgettable experience. She listened to exactly what we wanted and was completely open to my vision. She has a beautiful soul and an incredibly coaching ability. I would absolutely hire her if you are looking to make your ceremony meaningful and heartfelt.

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Working with both of you was such a beautiful experience for me, as well. Isn't it fun saying "my husband"? Thanks for your lovely words.
  • Emmett
    Emmett F. Married on 08/14/2021

Excellent choice for officiant & vow expert!

Tanya was great throughout the process, but most importantly DURING the wedding! She really made the whole ceremony pop, and feedback from our guests was overwhelmingly positive.

Thanks Tanya!

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you both. And sheer delight to be in the venue where I got remarried two years ago. Congratulations, again!
  • Wendy
    Alyssa B. Married on 08/07/2021

Turned my 12 years of memories with my partner into a beautiful story

Tanya allowed me to express my thoughts and memories into words and my words into emotions. She allowed me to bring my 12 years of memories into clear and concise, yet beautiful vows. I have a fear of public speaking and her tips and coaching allowed me to remain calm, confident and convey my vows beautifully. I could not have done it without her!

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Working with you was such a joy....and I had the best time watching your stories along the way. Thank you for letting me into your life, Alyssa!
    Meaghan Married on 07/24/2021

Beautiful ceremony

Tanya was an absolute pleasure to work with. My husband and I wanted to keep our ceremony simple and untraditional. Tanya listened to what we wanted and delivered a beautiful ceremony. Would highly recommend!

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Working with you and Peter was so easy, smooth and simple. I loved how untraditional we made the ceremony.
  • Ami
    Ami G. Married on 07/06/2021

Marriage Officiant above the rest

Tanya was a fantastic marriage officiant she not only performed the role but also becoming a wedding planner assisting in all aspects of the wedding ceremony, she is professional, personable and enthusiastic. She listened and tailored the ceremony around our vision.
    Highly recommended and very lucky to have met Tanya!

Ami,
    Thank you for your kind words! I had a blast working with you both.
    I'm coming to the wedding in Australia:)
  • Kia
    Kia G. Married on 06/19/2021

Incredibly impactful for our wedding day

Tanya made our ceremony impactful and memorable. We have heard many, many times that it was the best ceremony and most powerful vows guests have ever heard. It also made our commitment to each other even more meaningful. I highly recommend working with Tanya, especially if you have a friend or family member as an officiant - it's so nice to be able to really support them around the ceremony!

The Vow Whisperer's reply:

Thank you so much, Kia. This was especially wonderful for me, as I already felt "part of the family" having helped Julia and Casey with their vows.
    You were both so lovely and kind to work with.
    Judith A. Married on 06/19/2021

Simply the Best

Tanya was truly amazing! I am not a writer by any means and she instantly took all of my worried and concerns away. She gave my husband and I a timeline and kept us on track to create the most beautiful vows. It’s almost been a month since our wedding and guests STILL reference our vows. Tanya also worked with my mother to help her create a speech for our wedding which simply blew us away. Tanya even helped us rehearse our vows which made us feel super confident when saying them to each other and made the experience that much more special. If you are debating using Tanya‘s service, do it, you will not regret it!

Judith,

You were a wonderful person to work with...so appreciative and kind. You had time obstacles all over the place, but we managed to get you to the most beautiful moment in your life!