The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club Reviews

The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club 7
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

St. Pete icon!

We love The Vinoy. A St. Pete icon for those who are locals and looking to get married in the beauty of the city. We got married after the renovations, and all the updates made it so modern, but still with that vintage Florida feel. If Megan is still on the events team, hire her! She was a blessing to work with throughout the entire process.

Sent on 01/21/2019

Davina · Married on 03/31/2018

We had our rehearsal dinner at The Vinoy on the Mezzanine Terrace, which is a beautiful covered terrace at the front of the hotel that overlooks the bay. When we first saw the space we knew it would be the perfect location for a dinner to welcome our families and bridal party to St Pete. Chris and Alex were very helpful throughout the planning process and always answered our questions quickly. We also were able to get a room block at the hotel for our guests, which was convenient since our wedding reception was nearby at the Birchwood. When we arrived to our rehearsal dinner, I could not believe how beautiful the terrace looked - the staff did a great job setting the space up. The food for our buffet dinner was great, especially the desserts! A lot of our guests told us it was the perfect way to kick off the weekend. Thank you to The Vinoy staff for giving us the perfect rehearsal dinner and memories that we will cherish forever!

Sent on 04/26/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

This was the perfect venue for my wedding. It's classy, elegant, and I knew it was the place. The staff is top notch. The event manager I worked with was always very responsive and willing to help. The attention to detail and personalization we received from the staff made the weekend amazing. From the time we viewed the venue, to signed a contract, to the wedding day, to even after the wedding with follow up the staff was a dream to work with. This place will always have a special place in my heart. Any couple would have an amazing experiences with this team!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 02/19/2017

Jaleesa was our wedding coordinator, and she was fabulous. Incredibly responsive, super enthusiastic about making sure our day was perfect, and simply overall wonderful to work with. The venue is beautiful. It was the first one we looked at and we were immediately in love with it. We did learn during the months leading up to the wedding that parts of the resort were going to be under construction, BUT the Vinoy was fabulous about making sure that the construction did not interfere with the day's festivities. We highly recommend the Vinoy!

Sent on 03/11/2017

Danielle · Married on 01/27/2017

We couldn't be happier with The Vinoy. We had the ceremony in the Tea Garden and the Reception in the Grand Ballroom. The only other decorations we had were the flowers. It was so beautiful we didn't need to add anything. The service was wonderful. All the staff members during the reception were so accommodating, the planners were receptive and worked with you on your vision, and the food was delicious. So happy!

Sent on 02/04/2017

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2016

I must admit, we got off to a bit of a rocky start due to our event manager leaving and not meeting our new one until a month before our wedding, but our new one, Jaleesa, was amazing and went above and beyond to make everything happen for us. The staff as a whole made us feel like we were the only wedding they had that weekend (there were 8-10! plus new year's parties!) and everyone was extremely accommodating to all of our needs. Stunning venue!

Sent on 03/03/2017

Kaitlin · Married on 05/14/2016

The Vinoy helped make the wedding of my dreams. We worked with Alexandra who was so professional and helpful in making our big day go perfectly. The food and cake were so delicious! They handled all the set up, and organized the vendors to make the day stress free for myself and my mom (my planner). The small details like a welcome platter in the hotel suite made us feel extra special. Our day was absolutely perfect, and we look forward to returning for our one year anniversary night!

Sent on 08/06/2016

Kelly · Married on 05/07/2016

Our venue hunt started in spring 2015, and ended abruptly when we visited The Vinoy. The architecture was unique and gorgeous, the staff attention, and the location incredibly convenient to downtown St Petersburg. We worked with a wonderful team including Sarah Metcalfe, Vibeke Sansone, and Pam Daerr. They were attentive and accommodating to both foreseen and unplanned circumstances. Our wedding would not have been nearly as spectacular if it weren’t for Sarah’s hard work.

We were married in the tea garden, which had a magical, enchanted ambiance. It was exactly how we envisioned our ceremony, if not better! Our cocktail hour and reception were at the sunset ballroom, which was the most spectacular venue I’ve seen yet. We must have given Sarah over 20 boxes of props and décor for the room, which she set up perfectly. Our memorabilia table, candy bar, seating arrangements table, photo booth, gift table, dessert bar, and most importantly: bacon bar, added so much to our special night. I cannot tell you the number of compliments we received on the additives, band, lighting, chairs, décor, etc…

The Vinoy had the BEST food and cake we’ve seen or experienced at any wedding. Guests have still been reaching out to me to ask for tips for their weddings. It was THAT good. They even accommodated a number of food allergies, including my own. I am counting down the days until I receive the photos and video from that night. I wish I could do it all over again…and again!

I cannot thank The Vinoy and Sarah enough! You are in safe hands if you choose them for your big day.

Sent on 06/27/2016

It takes about a year in advance to book your event and I suggest you book them as early as possible, because after our wedding, I understand why they are so popular. We actually booked 18 months in advance and there was another wedding planned that weekend! The location of the Vinoy to downtown St. Pete is the perfect place to have a wedding without having to worry about entertaining your guests. There are enough shops and restaurants to entertain everyone. At the hotel, the staff were very helpful, professional AND responsive to everything we needed no matter how last minute. We had a block of rooms reserved and they had an easy to use website for our guests to reserve their rooms. it worked perfectly. They worked really well with Jessica Ralph, our wedding planner, and allowed her the space and manpower to do what her team and other vendors needed to do to prepare our venue. We had an amazing time at the Vinoy, and they did everything they could to make it a special time for us. I highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 02/23/2016
  • User6205487 · 2+ years ago

I can't say enough about the Vinoy. Everything we experienced at the Vinoy was perfect. Our wedding events went off without a problem, the food was exquisite, and the staff was wonderful as well. This is a beautiful historic building with a cobblestone street out front. It's the perfect mix of amenities and location and a great location for a fairy tale Wedding!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Elissa · Married on 11/28/2015

My wedding at the Vinoy was literally a dream come true. I had always thought a Vinoy wedding would be gorgeous and it ended up being exactly what my fiance and I wanted. From start to finish it was such a fabulous experience. Our tasting was unbelievable and was my favorite part of the planning process. The catering staff was fantastic and worked with us on creating a special fall inspired menu. The food on the day of the wedding was incredible and all of our guests commented on how delicious everything was. Alex was so professional and helpful throughout the entire experience. Being in the event business myself, I had a hard time letting go of control, but come the weekend of the wedding, I felt comfortable having Alex take over. The attention to detail was fabulous. The quality of service provided to us during the reception was top notch. I so appreciate the Vinoy's flexibility to provide us with the experience we wanted for our guests and for ourselves for the wedding weekend. I want to do it all over again! Thank you Alex and Sarah!!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Ashley · Married on 11/14/2015

My wedding day was the best day of my life and I can thank the wonderful setting and staff and the Vinoy for it.They made Living out of state and planning a wedding so very easy. Our day was beyond perfect and we they took tremendous care of all of our guests and made my husband and I feel very special.

Sent on 12/07/2015

The Vinoy did a wonderful job with our wedding. The event manager left near our wedding and the new one truly did a great job making our day special and gaining our trust. All our guests loved the pool and spa and the location. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/02/2015

The Vinoy team was fantastic to work with and the setting was fabulous. The hotel comes with so much history and is just beautiful. We received so many compliments on the food and the hospitality of the hotel staff. Many of our guests noted that it was the best food they'd had. We were incredibly impressed with how welcome the team made us feel. Our wedding planner from the Vinoy made every detail and wish we had become reality. We are so happy and pleased with the outcome of the event and would recommend the Vinoy to any couple looking for an amazing wedding day!!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Haley · Married on 04/17/2015

I only have one word.....WOW!!! The Vinoy was the absolute perfect setting for our special day!!! Honestly, we couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. Chris, Vanessa, and Sarah were a joy to work with and made sure the events were seemless and were very accommodating to all of our special requests. The Chefs there are ah-mazing as well!! Thanks to the entire staff for making our wedding weekend truly unforgettable, Haley and Bryan

Sent on 06/16/2015

My wedding at the Vinoy was magically and AMAZING!!!!! I would def recommend getting married at the Vinoy.....we had our reception in The Grand Ballroom and our Ceremony in the Tea Garden. My experience from the beginning to the end was Wonderful....the staff was AMAZING to work with. I have nothing but great things to say about The Vinoy. It was the BEST DAY EVER!!!!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Kali · Married on 03/14/2015

The Vinoy was the perfect place for our wedding! I am beyond happy I chose this venue. The resort and ballroom are gorgeous and we were treated like gold from the second we started looking there. Stephanie Petitta and Sarah Metcalfe went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect leading up to the big day, and the actual day was flawless. Everyone raved about the food and cake, and the service staff was wonderful too.
    They were easy to work with and were accommodating for any request I had.
    All of my guests were also pleased with "how nice everyone was" around the entire resort. The Vinoy holds a special place with us and I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone...

Sent on 04/02/2015

Shannon · Married on 07/19/2014

The Vinoy was absolutely amazing! Everyone that works there was extremely accommodating! Our coordinator, Katie Edwards, was great to work with. She was so helpful, and readily available when we needed anything. It was a wonderful experience working with her. We loved everything about the Vinoy, and truly have no complaints!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Carlie · Married on 07/13/2014

We were treated like royalty from the moment that we pulled up in front of the Vinoy. The valets, bellhops, navigators, and the entire staff are professional, welcoming and attentive. Our accommodations (our guests occupied 60 rooms during our wedding weekend!) were comfortable, clean and beautiful, and we enjoyed many hours at the pool and restaurants. Our large suite was perfect for my new husband and I, and large enough for the bridesmaids to get ready before our wedding. We'd especially like to thank Katie Edwards and Rosetta Krizansky for ensuring that our friends and family were well cared for. Katie worked closely with us (we exchanged regular emails, and she even returned emails during her time away) and did everything in her power to make our wedding weekend fantastic - she even surprised us with champaign and strawberries on our wedding night! Rosetta helped us create a fabulous dessert and cocktail party for all of our guests the night before our wedding at Marchand's Bar and Grill. Our stay could not have been any better, and we're looking forward to returning to the Vinoy soon!

Sent on 07/26/2014

Jillian · Married on 06/28/2014

We could not have asked for a more perfect, fairy tale venue to hold out "Old Hollywood Style" wedding than the Vinoy! We got married in the gorgeous Tea Garden and the reception was in the Grand Ballroom, and it was even more than I had ever dreamed of! Stephanie and her team were awesome, and Tim was the most patient and caring man I've ever dealt with! Thank you both so much for making our day so magical.
    The food was perfect, the ceremony was perfect, and the cocktail hour and reception were perfect! We would both recommend The Vinoy to anyone looking to hold a fairy tale wedding! They will go above and beyond to make all your wedding dreams come true!

xoxo,

Jillian and Kyle Bartosiak

Sent on 07/07/2014
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 06/07/2014

Stephanie Petitta and Sarah Metcalfe were the dream team at the Vinoy Resort! Our wedding service was perfect from the moment our guests booked their rooms through leaving on Sunday. The Vinoy provides first class service to make your guests feel taken care of during their stay.

Sarah went above and beyond to assist with the wedding room block. She was helpful with all of our requests and the numerous additional rooms we needed to reserve. The week of the wedding, she was extremely helpful with coordinating storage of all the wedding items and ensuring our rooms were ready to go.

Our guests loved the Vinoy's food and beverage options! Stephanie and her team were organized and efficient with the dinner service, allowing us to maximize our time on the dance floor. The guests loved the entrees, appetizers, macaroni bar (highest amount of comments!), delicious wedding cake, and late night pizza bar. Stephanie and her team worked with us to ensure the food perfectly reflected our personalities.

I would highly recommend the Vinoy Resort for a wedding weekend. They really think of everything!

Sent on 06/21/2014

We couldn't be happier with the Vinoy. The staff is extremely kind and professional. They assign a staff member to tend to the bride and groom as well throughout the night. This help us eliminate our wait time for drink, food, etc., and helped us maximize the time we spend with guests. Also, only one wedding takes place at a time, so we avoided potential wedding crashers or having two brides in the same area.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Erin · Married on 05/16/2014

We had our wedding reception at the Sunset Ballroom. Stephanie was our event manager and did a great job putting everything together. As we had questions leading up to our wedding, she would return our phone call almost always on the same day.

The food tasting was great, and we were able to modify the menu slightly to our liking. We were even able to add some food that wasn't on the tasting menu. Our guests absolutely loved our menu and we'd didn't hear any complaints about the food. It came out hot and they met our guests dietary restrictions. They also had food reserved for us and our bridal party in a separate room during the cocktail hour and provided us with drinks immediately.

The cake was delicious and we were able to build the tiers how we envisioned them. We were able to combine several different frostings and fillings as well as cake flavors. We showed them ideas we had found on Pintrest and the cake was beautiful! They are very receptive to your ideas.

We had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our room after the reception.

Thank you so much Stephanie and the Vinoy!

Sent on 06/29/2014

We visited many, many venues before deciding on the Vinoy. We ultimately choose the Vinoy, because they were the most flexible, so that we could have our wedding completely customized. The Vinoy provides a day of coordinator. This was another feature that encouraged us to select the Vinoy. My wife travels for work and most of our family still lives in the Midwest. Having a day of coordinator helped us avoid hiring a wedding planner. I would highly recommend the Vinoy for a highly customizable, worry-free wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2014