The Vault Catering Reviews

The Vault Catering 6
The Vault Catering 7

Leslie G · Married on 06/15/2019

Vault catering

I liked working with Sandra, her and her catering team did a great job during my wedding reception, The food was great, the staff was friendly and kind. She guided me through the process of hiring a catering company and made sure I had everything I needed.
    The Only thing was in the beginning of trying to hire the vault catering, it was extremely difficult to get a hold of them, I called and emailed several times trying to book them but it took a couple of weeks to hear back but once I officially hired them the communication was fine.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Tyler · Married on 12/02/2017

We used The Vault for our wedding and they were amazing!! We were surprised at how good the food tasted- we received so many compliments from guests. The service was also outstanding. Sandra and her team were willing to accommodate last minute requests (such as a kegerator) and were very professional and helpful throughout the night! I would highly recommend using The Vault!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/15/2016

I am so glad we found the Vault Catering through a wedding expo we attended! Sandra was super sweet and made sure we got everything we needed! I like that you can customize your menu to fit with exactly what you want for your big day, basically you name it, they can provide it! She was pretty great and communication and I like that we got the option of her ordering us table linens as well! Everything flowed greatly the day of and the staff was overall pretty great! They were very persistent with keeping food stocked and tables cleaned up! The only one complaint I had was when my maid of honor asked if she could bring up a beer to the groom while he was getting ready to kinda help calm his nerves and she told me the girl who she talked with rudely told her no, no alcohol could be served at all until 3:30. So I didn't really see what such the big deal was about one beer going out to my groom while he was upstairs getting ready, maybe just a big misunderstanding but other than that the food was absolutely OUTSTANDING! I had turkey at my wedding and the carving station was phenomenal! We got many raves from out guests and family on how great the food was! We couldn't have agreed more! We would highly recommend the Vault Catering with Sandra and her team! They will definitely deliever with anything you dream up for your big day and make it special!

Sent on 11/23/2016

The Vault Catering's reply:

It was such a pleasure catering Amanda's wedding at Trinity Tree Farm. She had a fall theme and the family did an amazing job with the decorations. Her wedding day happened to fall on the day of the big wind storm, and she never once lost that smile on her face as they were taking pictures and dodging the storm. I worked closely with Amanda and her father-in-law, Ron in regards to all the details of the wedding day. At our final meeting, Ron and his wife, had asked that the hosted bar be opened after the ceremony and not any sooner. I did speak with him in regards to the request for a beer for the groom and he indicated to me to stick with the time line we finalized and he would discuss with the brides maid. Customer service is number one for us and it is very important that we abide by what is requested by the family. All the best to Amanda and her family. We can't wait to see the pictures!

Billy · Married on 09/28/2013

Sandra and crew did a wonderful job planning our wedding, and even a better job when 60MPH winds came in, and they had to re-design the layout inside! The whole vault team went above and beyond, and the wonderful flank steak still makes my mouth water, just thinking about it.

Sent on 03/30/2016

Ron · Married on 10/15/2016

Excellent choice for a caterer, no regrets! They were especially timely, courteous and professional on the day of the wedding when it counted the most. Definitely recommended, choose them and you won't have to worry about the caterer for your event.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Caitlin · Married on 11/11/2017

We loved working with Sandra for our wedding! Im kind of a procrastinator but Sandra was always so quick to respond! We had Mac and cheese, pulled pork, rolls, coleslaw, baked beans, watermelon and veggie trays. Everything was delicious and our guests still rave about the food over a month later! They provided a dessert bar for us with a cutting cake from Celebrity Cake Studio. There was plenty of dessert to go around and the dessert package actually saved us alot of money! The only things that bummed me out was one staff member cut up and served our cutting cake and we were only left with one small slice to take home. But we ordered a new one from the bakery because it was just too delicious. Another thing, I had 2 guests tell me one employee was rude to them :/ other then that I really loved everything they provided and would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Sue · Married on 09/29/2017

Sandra was great! I didn't worry about a thing at my daughter's wedding!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Stefanie · Married on 10/31/2009

3.5

I used the Vault's second space above the Varsity Grill-I really liked it. Make sure that you know everything up front they are very open with you. Also you can't use your own DJ you have to use the one they provide.

Sent on 11/23/2009
  • Destiny

Destiny · Married on 05/23/2019

3.0

Absolutely fantastic!

Definitely recommend the vault! Sometimes they can be slow at responding but you definitely get the service you pay for 🖤 I will definitely be going threw with them again in the future! :)

Sent on 06/23/2019

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

We didn't have much choice with using Sandra and her team as they are the mandatory caterer for the space. That being said the food was amazing, her staff were wonderful, she was able to work with our budget, the food was presented beautifully and the event, including set up and take down, went off without a hitch.

Sandra created a menu that reflected our needs of wanting a northwest/tacoma infused menu but also Italian. They specially ordered Bimbo Sauce (Tacomans will know what that is) for use on our pasta. I had worries that the chicken would be dry like many bulk made meals are but it was amazingly tender. She made sure to send us home with leftovers (both the booze and the food!) and all the cake that was left. She also made sure that we got a plate of our hors orderves to have while we waited to be announced into the venue.

We had a snafu with the venue (who uses her as the mouthpiece but doesn't actually give her any teeth to change things) and she was responsive to the concerns, financially reimbursed us part of the venue fee and offered to make us a dinner for 2 to make up for. I was more than satisfied.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Chelsea · Married on 06/09/2017

4.2

From the bride's point of view... I loved The Vault. Sandra was extremely helpful throughout the planning process and on the day of!

However.. some comments made from others at the wedding were not so over joyous. It was told that they did not put the keg on correctly and ended up spilling/wasting a large amount of beer. Also, some types of beer were set aside for special guests and was told to the catering staff, yet were put out for everyone. Although, some of the direction on the day of was helpful, other times they were telling others to do something that contradicted what I (the bride) had instructed.

Sent on 06/23/2017

The Vault Catering's reply:

Chelsea and her parents were such a pleasure to work with. The weather the day of the ceremony was a bit unpredictable so it was unsure as to whether or not the cocktail service would be inside or outside. At the last minute it was changed to outside and our bartender was not aware that the cooler of special beers was put outside by the host and guests had helped themselves before the bartender was set up. The venue has had some problems with their kegerator system and are working with them to help correct the problem so that there is no issues with wasted beer.

melissa · Married on 09/02/2017

2.8
      2.5

Just wasn't impressed with tardiness and the food we did not choose. Excuses only work so many times.
    At least the guests didn't know what was going on behind the scenes.

Sent on 09/23/2017

April · Married on 07/21/2017

1.0

We paid for a licensed bartender at our wedding because it was required and unfortunately the bartender was serving family members who were around 19 without carding them and shut down my bar early. I cannot do your job for you that is why I paid for a bartender and to my knowledge by law they are required to card. Horrible!!"

Sent on 07/30/2017

The Vault Catering's reply:

All of bartenders are licensed and experienced. At this wedding, guests were carded and when the bartender noticed minors grabbing drinks off tables, they were asked for id and when they could not provide, the drinks were disposed of and the Venue Host was made aware of the situation. Due to multiple alcohol violations by some guests that were beyond our control, alcohol service was stopped.