The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center Reviews

27 Reviews for The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center

• Katie

Katie Sheridan · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing Venue and Staff

This is definitely the best wedding spot in Minneapolis. The Van Dusen Mansion is a stunning place to have a wedding, and their process is unlike any other venue. Being able to progress through the grounds was a huge hit with our guests, and everything was immaculate. I’m so excited to get our pictures back! Christy was a lifesaver and walked us through everything we needed to know all day and really kept things running smoothly when we ran into some obstacles.

The bridal suite was beautiful and spacious enough for my four bridesmaids, the moms, and all of our supplies. The groom’s lounge was a great place for the guys to relax before the venue and for the guests to explore during cocktail hour. The carriage house was the perfect dance floor size and having two levels, one for dancing and one for drinking/lounging/watching, was a great setup. Outside of the rooms that guests saw, there were even more rooms perfectly set up for gorgeous pictures of us and our bridal party.

Van Dusen really has it all: it’s a beautiful venue and its staff is very good at what they do. Booking the Van Dusen Mansion will save you a ton of stress and will leave your guests in awe.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Allie · Married on 08/18/2018

The Van Dusen was the first place we looked and we fell in love. The venue is gorgeous, the staff was so kind from the very beginning and we knew right away it would be our choice. Mary Jo and the Mintahoe team were excellent. The tasting was informative and a great way to talk to other couples and share ideas. The details meeting with Mary Jo was extremely helpful and we felt very ready to go after that meeting. The whole team was great and answered all our questions right away. The day of could not have gone any smoother because of this fantastic team. Responses to emails were very quick and planning was a breeze with this venue and staff. Mary Jo and Christy were amazing and guiding us through the process and making everything easy. All was fantastic. We have no complaints! Everyone was great, the staff was friendly and helpful to all guests and the bride and groom. The day ran so smooth with no hiccups. We honestly could not think of anything that went wrong or we wish we had. Our experience was great and we thank the whole Van Dusen and Bellagala staff for that! Thank you thank you thank you! We are SO happy we chose this venue!

Sent on 08/31/2018

The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center's reply:

We love hearing this, Allie!! Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to have been part of your special day and are so pleased that you had a good experience with our team! Thank you for your kind words, best wishes in your marriage! - The Van Dusen Mansion Team

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2018

There are no words to describe how perfect the mansion was. Everything from the suites to get ready in to the progression of the evening to different areas was perfect and better than we could have expected. We stepped foot in the mansion for the first time and knew right away that we wanted to get married there - it was exactly what we were looking for and blew the other venues we had looked at out of the water. During the planning process, all emails were responded to promptly and they were very patient with my requests for tours for family and our photographer. Christy was super helpful on the day of! She helped everyone get their things set up and helped make the day of worry free. Perfect, perfect, perfect.

Sent on 05/05/2018

The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Lauren! We are so happy you enjoyed The Van Dusen Mansion! We are honored to have been part of your special day, and hope it was everything you imagined and more!

Laura · Married on 07/14/2017

Talk about a PERFECT wedding venue! I fell in love with The Van Dusen the moment I walked in to the gorgeous historic mansion, then almost cried when I entered the stunning courtyard where our ceremony would take place. The amazing staff went above and beyond from the planning process, ensuring every detail was taken addressed. Then, throughout our entire wedding day, they stunned us as they took care of EVERYTHING from set-up, taking care of our guests, ensuring we were comfortable all day long, to clean-up and making sure everyone and everything was accounted for at the end of the night. The pricing was great for the amazing venue and experience we had, and I was so relaxed and happy throughout the ENTIRE experience. I cannot say enough great things about The Van Dusen Mansion and it's fantastic staff. They make a great team with Mintahoe Catering to create a perfect wedding experience.

Sent on 08/12/2017

The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center's reply:

We love hearing this!! Thank you for all the kind words, Laura! We are so happy you loved The Van Dusen Mansion, and we are so pleased that you could relax during your special day and just enjoy! Thank you for letting us be part of your wedding, best wishes!
    - The Van Dusen Mansion Team

Unbelievable. Their service was flawless. Above and beyond anything we could have ever asked for. Well worth the money.

Sent on 06/11/2015
  • User6119882 · 2+ years ago

Best venue ever! From the minute we walked into the venue, we knew it would be our wedding venue. We are completely taken by the beauty of the mansion and the charm and expertise of Jennifer Anderson. If you are considering this venue, just pick it already! It is truly a magical place with superb staff.

Sent on 12/31/2015

The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center's reply:

Thank you!! We are so happy to hear this! We love hearing from our couples, and we enjoyed being part of your special day!

Tana · Married on 05/16/2015

We absolutely loved our wedding at the Van Dusen Mansion! We received so many compliments on the amazing & unique venue, the impeccable service and the excellent food. I was beyond impressed with the staff's level of detail and how they truly made every moment magical. Being able to move throughout the mansion as the ceremony and wedding progressed kept guests so engaged and it was as if you were in 4 different reception venues; both indoors and out!

Additionally, we were very excited to have an outdoor ceremony and having been in several weddings prior where we were used to the "we will decide at 10am that morning if you can be outdoors" routine. This was NOT the case with the Van Dusen. They were so thoughtful in watching the weather (on 5 different radars) and decided at 3pm that they would take the chance to go outside per my wishes, and it worked out wonderfully. It goes to show their flexibility, organization and how much they care about making your day perfect.

Lastly, there were so many items that the Van Dusen had on site that we were allowed to use which made the additional money well worth it and they managed our crazy family with ease! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a gorgeous outdoor or indoor location!

Sent on 05/29/2015

The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Tana! We love hearing about your experience with our staff and venue! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your big day, and we are honored to have been part of it! Thank you!!

Bea · Married on 10/11/2014

I can say only the very best about this venue. Jennifer, Elizabeth and their staff were exceptional . The planning and execution of the wedding was flawless. Everybody had a great time and I, as the mother of the bride, received many compliments about the van Dusen venue and their staff from our guests. Thank you for a great wedding and a beautiful memory

Sent on 10/18/2014

The Van Dusen staff and venue are the best in the "biz!" I just had my wedding there and from the moment I inquired about the venue as a potential wedding location to the day I picked up my last centerpiece from the wedding, they gave me nothing by top notch service. Their staff had a solution for everything and no matter what was asked, they always answered with a "yes." Jennifer and her staff, as well as Elizabeth and the Mintahoe staff, took care of every detail that even I, a "type A, planner and organizer", didn't even think about! Every one of our guests complimented the ease and flow of the entire night. My bridesmaids were awestruck by the fact that it was SUCH a stress free day and we could just enjoy the day because of all of the details the Van Dusen staff took off of our plates. The food from Mintahoe was just as good as the original tasting we had which knocked our socks off! Guests were so impressed and said that they had never had a better "wedding dinner." The bartenders were amazing- always accommodating and outgoing while keeping up with demand. There was never a line! The Van Dusen made my wedding an absolute fairytale and I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants to truly remember and enjoy their big day to the fullest!

Sent on 07/31/2014

The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center's reply:

We are SO glad to hear you were stress-free on your special day!! Thank you for choosing The Van Dusen Mansion, we are so pleased that we could be part of your special day! Thank you for your kind words, and best wishes in your marriage!

Liz · Married on 06/21/2014

It was a pleasure to work with Jennifer and Elizabeth. Everything was perfect and wonderful for our big day, and neither my husband nor myself worried about a thing. Thank you!

Sent on 07/15/2014

cait · Married on 06/07/2014

I could not have asked for a better reception venue for our wedding! The team at the Can Dusen and Mintahoe Catering took wonderful care of us! They were so organized and accommodated us so well with last minute changes to hair and make-up and a day of itinerary change!

Sent on 06/20/2014

Kristin · Married on 12/28/2013

The Van Dusen Mansion was an unbelievable venue. Each location from the ceremony, the social hour, the reception, and the dance was beautifully decorated and presented. Our guests were blown away by the space's beauty and ease of accommodation. Jennifer and Matt Anderson made the entire event run like clockwork. Any problem that arose, from needing baby food to re pinning flowers, they handled immediately and with amazing grace under pressure. The entire experience at the mansion was beyond anything we could have expected. Our day was perfect from beginning to end because of their amazing staff and their hard work. I will recommend this venue 100 times over.

Sent on 01/04/2014

Aleida · Married on 09/27/2013

Our wedding at the Van Dusen Mansion was nothing short of magical. Jennifer, Matt, and the entire staff made sure that the day went perfectly! They were all a joy to work with and knew exactly what to do so that my husband and I were able to enjoy the day rather than be busy or stressed taking care of things. Our guests absolutely LOVED the mansion and the way they were escorted from place to place through the evening. (We had many compliments on how quickly and efficiently the staff handled this.) We had the wedding of our dreams thanks to Matt, Jennifer, and the staff; it is clear that they are extremely experienced and passionate for what they do -- their passion shines through!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Kresson · Married on 06/28/2013

We recently had our wedding reception at the Van Dusen Mansion. Originally we chose the venue for its gorgeous aesthetics and convenient location, but when the time came, Jennifer, Matt, and the catering coordinator for the site Elizabeth, all went absolutely above and beyond in every single way to make the day perfect and our own. It was a pleasure working with each and every one of the staff members. They were all extremely helpful, courteous, organized, and prompt all throughout the planning process never ceasing to meet each one of our requests. They took care of us in every way and made the day go smoother than we could have imagined. The food was phenomenal and the space was an experience our guests said was unforgettable. If we could do the day over again we would not change a single thing. We could not thank the Van Dusen staff enough for helping to make our day so special.

Kresson & Patrick

Sent on 07/22/2013

The Van Dusen Mansion is an amazing venue to have a wedding at or just the reception. Jennifer and Matt are an amazing duo and they made my friends wedding go off without a single issue. They took care of everything, getting vendors in and out, keeping guests happy, getting coffee, whatever you needed they were there. Food from Mintaho was awesome as well. They decorate to perfection, I'm confident that if you didn't have any budget for decorations this place would still be beautiful for dinner. They have their own security staff which is awesome, when we were wrapping up the security guard walked a friend to her car and gave her his jacket because hers was in the house. Nicest staff ever! All in all an amazing day for my friends thanks to the Jennifer, Matt, and staff.

Sent on 02/01/2013

Sally · Married on 12/15/2012

The Van Dusen Mansion is the most beautiful and unique wedding venue I have seen. If you are still looking for a venue, call up the Van Dusen. My husband and I had looked into about 10 wedding venues before our photographer suggested the Van Dusen Mansion. After meeting with Jennifer and touring it, we cancelled all our other tours!

Besides being absolutely beautiful and having delicious food from Mintahoe, the best thing about the Van Dusen Mansion is the service. Our wedding day was so easy and stress-free. They set everything up for us, coordinated all the transitions, and we got to spend the night at the mansion.

Jennifer and Matt are also so nice that every other vendor who works with them loves them. This means that they can recommend you a reliable vendor for any service (they even set us up with our travel agent) and often these vendors give you huge discounts because they are so happy to be working at the Van Dusen.

Some other reasons that the Van Dusen Mansion is a great wedding venue: They have an amazing basement, that has a pool table and an X-box, for the men to get ready in. Jennifer let me ring the gong to signal the end of cocktail hour. The two floors of the carriage house allows guests who do not want to dance to actually have conversations without shouting at each other, while the music downstairs is loud enough for everyone to dance. There is a hot tub in the jewel suite.

Sent on 01/03/2013
  • susan

susan · Married on 08/31/2012

Van Dusen Mansion was an amazing venue for a wedding. It was classy and fun, because of the various parts of the property. We had a beautiful garden ceremony in the courtyard, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres in the mansion, reception in the event center, and afterparty in the "man cave" in the mansion basement. In addition, we were able to get ready at the mansion in their suite of rooms upstairs, and because each even was in a different area, guests felt engaged and we didn't run into any problems with setup.

Sent on 02/21/2014
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 05/18/2012

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend choosing the Van Dusen Mansion for your wedding venue!!! Our wedding was perfect!! We had to worry about nothing! They are so helpful and so caring! I LOVE the Van Dusen service team, especially Matt and Jennifer!!! They are highly qualified to do weddings and treat you like you were their only customer! The venue itself has EVERYTHING! The guys get ready in the man cave while the girls get pampered in an amazing room! Everything is in one place! So perfect!!

Sent on 05/31/2012

McKenzie · Married on 11/11/2011

A lot of things went wrong at the last minute with my wedding, but I would never ever have wanted to have my wedding elsewhere. Jennifer and the whole staff at the Van Dusen did everything that they possibly could to make things easier on me and make the day wonderful. Not only is it a beautiful building, but the staff takes such great care of you.

Sent on 11/28/2011

Nora · Married on 09/23/2011

Where do I begin? The Van Dusen is more than what I ever could have dreamed my wedding day to be. I can't begin to count how many compliments we received on that day, follow up phone calls and emails, and in person comments about what a tremendous venue the Van Dusen was and the comment was always, "We've never been to a venue like this. It's amazing!" From getting ready in their bridal suite and professional makeup room all day, my groom and his guys got ready in the man cave, to having lunch brought to us (my favorite being the PB&J's I requested cut into little hearts)and that was just before the ceremony. We fully utilized every area the mansion had to offer for different components of our event. When I wasn't busy in the two-story carriage house cutting a rug, I went outside and saw my guests chatting outside in the courtyard, under these glowing lights (and heaters - perfect!) chatting by our dessert bar I almost began to cry for about the 50th time that day. I almost forgot we were in Minneapolis, and not somewhere in Italy or something. I am really sad this day is over and it went so fast. I will miss talking with Jennifer and Matt whenever I needed something. They really spoiled my new husband and I with so many details its hard to even remember them all. I can't speak highly enough of the venue and any Bride & Groom would be lucky to get married here.

Sent on 10/20/2011

I am the mother of the bride. I cannot say enough about Jennifer and her staff. They went above and beyond. Like Jennifer says "We have no emergencies here. We are challenged to find solutions for everything." And they do. They have every single thing you need and if they don't have it they will get it. You do not have to leave the venue until your day is over. She believes the wedding day is for the bride and groom and their families and the staff truly works to make it the most special day. Read the other reviews and know that they are all true!
    PS Mintahoe Catering is also amazing with food so good your guest will say they have never had a better wedding meal!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Nila · Married on 05/11/2013

What a fantastic experience. Jennifer and the team at Van Dusen worked so hard to pull off an incredible event for our wedding day. Friends and family raved about the gorgeous location, flow of the events, and friendliness of the staff.

I would highly recommend to any bride looking for a fairytale wedding that they consider The Van Dusen Mansion. It was the best day of my life.

Sent on 07/11/2013

My husband and I got married at the Van Dusen in September. It was a perfect day, the Venue was amazing & made sure everything was set up exactly how I wanted it.
    Elizabeth, Jen & Alyssa were very good at responding to my 1000 + emails about every detail imaginable. The only downfall I had was during the day, I didn't see much of anyone that worked there - us girls were pretty thirsty & didn't get water until about 4. We were there at 9 AM. Would have gotten it sooner if we could have found a worker. I also asked for Pink lemonade & champaign in the morning while getting ready which was Ok'd but instead we had orange juice Mimosas which would have been ok - but I'm not a mimosa fan - was pretty excited for the pink lemonade. Other than that, the day was great & the venue was fabulous!!

Sent on 10/03/2014

The Van Dusen Mansion and Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you liked the venue! We are sorry to hear about your frustrations with the staff on the day of your wedding. Thank you for your feedback, we are always looking for ways to improve our service. Congratulations and best wishes in your wedding! - The Van Dusen Mansion Team

Julie · Married on 08/01/2014

We had our daughters wedding this weekend and still are reveling in the whole experience!!! Jennifer and Elizabeth and truly their ENTIRE staff was absolutely WONDERFUL!!! We couldn't find anything to complain about!!! We were so thankful for and appreciated how everything was soooooo SMOOTH and truly stress free!!! The security guy was wonderful as well!!!! (so sorry I don't remember his name??? He was GREAT!!!!). Thank you for EVERYTHING!!! A beautiful venue a BEAUTIFUL day!!!

Sent on 08/03/2014