The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon Reviews

89 | Topsfield, MA

89 Reviews for The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon

89 The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon Reviews

Kate · Married on 06/10/2018

The Topsfield Bakeshop was amazing! We looked at 3-4 bakeshops before them and thought all the cake was about the same quality. When we tried Topsfield we were blown away! The cake itself is so so much better than what you get elsewhere. They have a ton of delicious options, I think we sampled something like 14-18 flavors at our tasting, and we were each able to choose flavors that we loved (Lemon Raspberry and Strawberry Tall Cake) and they tiered the cake so it was split evenly between the two flavor options. They also provide an extra tier separate from the cake on the day to bring home and save for your one year anniversary so you don't have to ask the venue not to serve the top of the cake (We ate ours immediately - frozen cake does not sound appetizing. But they sell cupcakes in the same flavors so we will pick up some of those for our anniversary). The service was also great. I sent in what I though were 3-4 pictures of the same style of cake, but I got a call from Robin the week before the wedding to clarify the small conflicting details of between the cakes; she wanted to make sure that everything was perfect and just as we wanted it! Finally, from a price point of view they were also the easiest to work with. They were able to say upfront how much it would be per guest, including delivery setup and tax, and we signed the contract that day. Other bakeries wouldn't give a firm number or took up to two weeks to email me their proposals.

The Topsfield Bakeshop was the best choice for our wedding cake. The cake was amazing, they were lovely to work with and very professional and everything was so easy. I would recommend them unconditionally!

Sent on 07/12/2018

The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We work very hard to meet or exceed expectations and create a welcoming and enjoyable experience. Cheers to you both! Hope to see you again for many more future celebrations!

Melina · Married on 10/01/2017

We went with the Cannoli filling for our wedding cake and it was absolutely amazing. All of our guests said how delicious the cake was! It came out beautiful, exactly how I wanted it to look. Topsfield Bakeshop did a great job! Will be recommending the cannoli cake to everyone I know!

The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon 1

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

All the girls at Topsfield Bake shop were great to work with. I had a 200 person wedding at Renaissance Golf club September 9th. I went to a tasting, had an additional meeting and many email communications to make sure all the details were perfect. We had a 3 tier cake, birthday cake, cupcakes and whoopie pies. All were so delicious and perfectly decorated. Almost every drop went and all of my guests were raving about how good they were.

Sent on 10/02/2017
    The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon 2

The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We work very hard to be sure to we exceed expectations. So nice to hear you loved everything and we hope to see you back for many more milestone celebrations!

Colleen · Married on 07/22/2017

Topsfield Bake Shop not only provided us with a stunning and delicious cake but they were absolutely wonderful to work with! Incredibly responsive and creative - I would highly recommend them!

Dorrie · Married on 06/10/2017

We had no idea what we were doing when we went in for a cake tasting. I had 3 places lined up for that week. When we tasted Topsfield Bakeshop's cake we knew we wanted them. I loved working with Mary, I am sure I bothered her more than any other bride ever, yet she was always sweet, patient and kind. She reassured me time and time again. When I got to my wedding and saw our cake, I cried! It was beautiful beyond my dreams. The people at the Bakeshop were all wonderful ever time we went in, the cake looked wonderful and tasted even better. I highly recommend Topsfield Bakeshop and we will be back for other goodies!

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2017

Topsfield Bakeshop was amazing! The delivery of the cupcakes, the one tier cake, and whooping pies was great! My guests are still talking about the the whoopis pies being the best favors ever, and the cupcakes so fresh! I still have some whoopie pies in the fridge! They are still just as good!

• User7887350 · 1+ year ago

This place has it all and are very easy to work with

Meaghan · Married on 11/04/2016

Topsfield Bakeshop was the best choice we could have made for our cake. Not only was it incredibly beautiful but my guests raved about it even weeks after the wedding. They provided my wedding favors as well and the french macaroons were an absolute hit! So thankful for this bakeshop and I cannot recommend it enough!!

Anna · Married on 10/22/2016

Our cake was sooooo delicious!!! We chose two flavors: chocolate and walnut. Although, I didn't get to eat the walnut flavor the day of the wedding (obviously too busy), we took home the leftover chocolate cake and I could not stop inhaling it. The quality and flavor of the cake was well worth every penny. I cannot wait to eat our anniversary tier. Also, everything else in their bakeshop is amazing. The whoopie pies are delicious.

Sent on 11/07/2016

The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon's reply:

Thank you Anna for taking the time to share your experience! Hope to help celebrate many more happy occasions with you! Cheers!

charity · Married on 09/18/2016

AMAZING!!!! Seriously AMAZING!!!! We gave them our idea for the cake and it wasn't what we were expecting... it was EVEN BETTER!!!! They handled themselves with an extreme air of professionalism but they were excited as well and I was always confident in them and never once worried. In fact we added on Mini Whoopee Pies for favors we were so impressed with them.

Sent on 10/22/2016

The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectiations and hope we can help you celebrate many more future celebrations! Congratulations and Cheers!

We didn't work directly with Topsfield Bakeshop as our venue works with them for wedding cakes so we can't speak to their service. Nevertheless, we wanted to leave a review for our excellent cake. We had limited options for style since we used them as part of our venue's package but that didn't matter to us at all. In fact, we were looking for something totally simple. What we do want to emphasize is that the cake was literally the best wedding cake we've ever tasted!!! The cake was moist, light and absolutely delicious. We had the cannoli flavor which I highly recommend! We couldn't stop eating our leftover cake for days.

Shauna · Married on 06/25/2016

Topsfield Bakeshop provided our wedding cake for our special day. They did such an amazing job on it and it came out exactly how we envisioned. We chose lemon raspberry (our absolute favorite) and cannoli as our cake flavors, and had our cake topped with fresh flowers from our florist. They were both so delicious; the cake was so light, flavorful, moist, and fresh. Guests could not stop going up for seconds on the cake, and are still raving about it. It is going to be extremely tough to not eat our top anniversary layer of our cake for a whole year! We will just have to visit the bakery and get some goodies before then… because their whoopee pies are also OUT OF THIS WORLD. Thank you so much!!! All our love, Shauna and Marcus Levin. 6.25.2016.

Colleen · Married on 04/30/2016

Our cake was absolutely perfect! Mary worked with me to make my vision come to life while staying in my budget. I am just in love with how my cake came out. We were an out of town couple and couldn't make any of the tasting days, so she made us three quite large sample cakes in flavors we were interested in for only $10 each, super affordable! We ended up picking two- the strawberry shortcake and the caramel spice cake. Both were delicious. They even made and packaged up a separate cake topper in advance and made sure it got into the hands of our family so we didn't have to worry about boxing up a piece of our cake at the end of the night.

Sent on 03/16/2017

The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon's reply:

Thank you Colleen, for taking the time to share your experience. Wishing you our very best for a Happy and Blessed future together! Cheers!

Tracey · Married on 03/26/2016

Not only did Topsfield Bakeshop do our wedding cake, but we had whoopie pies, cupcakes & hand pies at our wedding. Their cakes are delicious, moist and fresh. Everything was beautifully presented and delivered to our venue. Their tasting event was also amazing, we were offered 12 different cakes to try and EVERY ONE was delicious. Super easy to work with and super accommodating.

Sent on 08/23/2016

The Topsfield Bakeshop official Home of The Whoo(pie) Wagon's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review the bakeshop! We strive to exceed expections for every event! We hope to see you back for many more happy milestone celebrations! Congratulations - wishing you our best for a happily ever after!

jenny · Married on 01/09/2016

Topsfield Bakeshop made me the most beautiful wedding cake for my special day. It was everything I asked for. Also had them make and display whoopie pies for a treat for my guests and those were just delicious! They displayed them beautifully for me also. The guests are still raving about everything today. Thank you!!!

Amanda · Married on 11/21/2015

Working with the Topsfield Bakeshop was an absolute pleasure! They not only baked our wedding cake and cupcakes, which were unbelievably delicious, but we also contracted them for the Whoopie Wagon as a way to hand out our whoopie pie favors to guests. It was such a big hit with a delicious product! I highly recommend both their customer service and their products!

My husband and I were so lucky to work with Topsfield Bakeshop! Everyone was easy to work with, professional, and incredibly helpful. Our wedding cake was so beautiful (and, of course delicious!). In addition to our wedding cake, my husband and I really wanted a pie station. Topsfield Bakeshop made the most beautiful and tasty pies that worked wonderfully with our fall-themed wedding. They really listened to our ideas and delivered desserts and favors that were even more beautiful than I could have imagined.

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

Topsfield Bakeshop made a surprise grooms' cake for our wedding. The cake looked amazing -- they took the example photos I provided and made something even better! The cake also tasted amazing - several people told me they didn't normally like cake but they loved this one! Mary was also great to work with!

Kayla · Married on 10/11/2015

I got my cake at the Topsfield bakery via the Topsfield commons and it was amazing!!! The cake was so delicious and beautiful! I got many compliments on how delicious the cake was. I was very pleased and will definitely use this bakery for more events in the future!!!

Hannah · Married on 10/10/2015

I have known Mary since I was young and have always known I would ask her to make my wedding cake. My husband and I wanted a small cake and we wanted it to capture our rustic, elegant fall theme. I asked Mary for a "naked" cake and she knew exactly what I was imagining. I completely trusted her to create the perfect fall wedding cake and she went above and beyond my expectations. The cake was beautiful and delicious - what more could we ask for? I highly recommend the Topsfield Bakeshop for your wedding cake!

Michelle · Married on 09/18/2015

The Topsfield Bakeshop was the only cake place we did a tasting with and after eating some of the most amazing cake and flavors I've ever tasted I knew they were the bakeshop for us! We did a chocolate salted caramel and tropical carrot cake and our guests loved both flavors! They were raving about it! And the cake was absolutely gorgeous! I brought in a picture of what I wanted and they delivered on exactly that! They even called me after hours to talk about some options with the cake which I thought was really above and beyond. I highly recommend the Topsfield Bakeshop!

Laura · Married on 08/23/2015

Our wedding cake from the Topsfield Bakeshop was delicious! What sold us was that they never freeze their cakes so they are fresh for the wedding day. They worked with us to customize the design that we wanted and used our own personal cake topper. My only disappointment was I was too busy to eat more than a bite at our reception. The good news is they boxed up our cake top so it was ready to freeze until our anniversary. I can't wait to eat it!!!

Our wedding cake and whoopie pies from Topsfield Bakeshop were delicious! Mary and Chris listened to exactly what we wanted and from a picture created an amazing tier of whoopie pies with a wedding cake on top! Great job!

Jasmine · Married on 08/08/2015

my cake was absolutely superb!

Was very happy with the service a quality from The Topsfield Bakeshop. The whole process was easy and pleasant. The cake was beautiful; exactly what we wanted. Simple and elegant. Perfect. The cake itself was also delicious. Can't wait to break into the top tear next August and have it again!