The Tirrell Room Reviews

The Tirrell Room 2
The Tirrell Room 3
The Tirrell Room 4

Aisha · Married on 09/06/2019

The most amazing experience!

My wedding was July 6, 2019. I couldn’t have asked for a better venue and staff. I fell ill and the staff was completely accommodating and attentive to my needs while making sure the guests were taken care of. The food was excellent and it was amazing. My guests were extremely happy. Thank you Jen, Amy and Carrie for making a girl feel like a princess!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    The Tirrell Room 5
    The Tirrell Room 6
    The Tirrell Room 7
    The Tirrell Room 8
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing Wedding Venue!

My husband and I had the greatest experience possible with the Tirrell Room. I could not say enough great things about their service, hospitality, responsiveness, friendliness, professionalism - you name it! Jen and Amy took care of us through the 16 months of planning and never missed a beat. They made planning a wedding absolutely stress free and easy. I would use the Tirrell Room for weddings and any other special event - they are truly the best!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Madeline · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly Recommend the Tirrell Room!

The Tirrell Room lived up to everything we had heard about the venue – and more! The venue, food, and service exceeded all expectations. The staff and service were beyond amazing and the grounds are just beautiful. Due to the weather, the outdoor cocktail party had to be held inside and it was carried out as though that was the original plan all along! I truly cannot say enough about Jenn (and the entire staff) who were all so accommodating and easy to work with and executed everything perfectly. I highly recommend the Tirrell Room!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Marykate Mcinerney · Married on 10/27/2018

The place to celebrate

I really don't where to start! Jen and Amy are both unbelievably awesome! From the first day that I visited The Tirrell Room to the day of my wedding (a little over a year), they were with me every step of the way to answer any questions and accommodate any requests we had. I spoke mostly with Jen. She was very easy to get ahold of, and like I mentioned, very willing to accommodate anything we needed. She made it clear that our wedding was our day and she wanted everything to be exactly how we wanted it. We did many of the florals, dessert pieces, and other decor items ourself. We were a little worried that no one would be around the morning of the wedding to set them up for us, but Jen set it all up for us!! We dropped everything off the week of and told her how we wanted them displayed and she followed it perfectly! From other brides and vendors I have spoken too, it's not often that you'll come across a venue coordinator who is willing to do things like that. In fact, many of the outside vendors that I used told me that they love weddings at The Tirrell Room because Jen and Amy are so easy to deal with. Another bonus was the food! In my opinion, you don't go to a wedding hoping the food is really good. In most cases, it's decent, but nothing too special. I chose the prime rib and baked stuffed chicken for our wedding and so many of our guests made a point to tell us how good the food was. The hors d'oeuvres were excellent, too! Even the next day when I arrived at the venue to pick up our stuff from the night before, Jen and Amy had put everything neatly together for us. I really cannot say enough great things about this place. We had 296 guests at our wedding and there was plenty of room for dancing, eating, and socializing. The venue is beyond beautiful. The outdoor cocktail area overlooks Blue Hills and the sky turns a gorgeous color during sunset. Unfortunately, my wedding was during a nor'Easter, so we were not able to take advantage of that, but we still had a blast and everyone still had so much fun. I highly, highly recommend The Tirrell Room for any type of function - wedding, showers, parties, ect - you won't once be disappointed or second guessing yourself!

Sent on 11/09/2018

nicole · Married on 10/13/2018

Truly the happiest day of my life

My husband and I had searched for wedding venues for a few weeks, and the only one we had wanted to make a second viewing at was the Tirrell Room. The room and view are beautiful and the food is delicious. My guests told me for weeks after how great the food was! We worked with Jen, and she was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process. I had a lot of questions, wants and needs and Jen was always there to make sure that I felt heard and she made me feel better about my requests. I did a lot of DIY decorations and Jen made sure that my vision was met that day. She also made sure that my husband and I always had something to eat and a drink in our hand throughout the night. I would NOT have changed one thing about that day, and I could not thank Jen and the Tirrell Room staff enough for all that they did to make my wedding day special!

Sent on 12/16/2018

Louvere · Married on 05/19/2018

The Tirrell Room was a wonderful venue for hosting my wedding reception on Saturday, May 19, 2018.
    The venue was spacious, decorated according to my suggestions, the food was superb, the amenities were excellent, and the coordinators/staff were amazing.
    I did some research on a few different wedding planning websites and many of the reviews on the Tirrell Room were great.
    One of the biggest items that attracted me to the Tirrell Room was the fact that they had a wedding package which would help minimize some of the planning on my end. Another important criteria for me was that this venue offered quite a bit of parking for a fairly large number of people.
    The other component that stood out for me related to this venue was as part of the wedding package this came with some help from what was entitled as wedding coordinators.
    Amy and Jen were more than coordinators they were like family to me.
    Each of them was so very helpful from the planning process of the wedding reception to the actual implementation of the reception.
    Amy and Jenn were both very responsive to any and all of my questions/concerns.
    They offered very helpful recommendations and also stepped into quite a few unique situations and helped out without missing a beat.
    They were so accommodating and very helpful to the success of the wedding reception.
    The reason I say the wedding reception was a success is because every single one of my guests said that was one of the best wedding receptions, if not the best wedding reception they had attended.
    My guests loved the food where they said it was delicious. Many of them also inquired about recipes for the various food items that were served during the wedding reception.
    In terms of the amenities, many of the guests were very happy having multiple restrooms so guests were not waiting very long to use the restrooms.
    Overall this venue is fantastic!!!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Heather · Married on 10/06/2017

I don't even know where to begin in writing this review. The wedding that I was able to have at the Tirrell Room exceeded all expectations and really made my dreams come true. The venue was stunning, the food was incredible, but the staff was really what blew me away the most. Jenn is the most incredible person and wedding coordinator you will ever come across. From the very beginning we had a clear estimate of prices that made planning and budgeting so much easier. In the year and a half planning process she supported me through every step of the way. She always responded quickly to emails and answered every question that popped into my nervous head. For the day of the wedding she executed all of the planning flawlessly and made my husband, my family and myself feel like royalty. All the other staff members were also incredible... bartenders, wait staff and the chefs. Amy... you felt like a family member watching out for me every step of the way. I can't thank you all enough and I can't recommend the Tirrell Room more. Stop looking, you've found the venue of your dreams!

Sent on 07/18/2017

marie · Married on 11/05/2016

From start to finish our experience at the Tirrell Room blew us away! Jen couldn't have been more helpful, always responsive and attentive. The cost was fair and presented right up front, so nothing was a secret, and the end cost ended up being within a hundred dollars of what I had originally budgeted , which was great! They supported us in everything we did, set up the place exactly to our specifications, and made the entire night run smoothly, without ever rushing us or making us feel stressed. Even when our music (which we did ourselves) had issues, Jen was right there helping out, which I greatly appreciated. And all our guests raved about the food and drink, and the atmosphere was the absolute best. Thank you!

Sent on 11/19/2016

Kristina · Married on 11/04/2016

Literally best experience! Jen is awsome she really makes sure it is as stress free as possible. She kept me sane! The whole team was professional and on point I couldn't have asked for a more perfect venue. Thanks Jen :)

Sent on 11/20/2016

colleen · Married on 09/24/2016

Trust Jen,Carey and all staff at the tirrell room!!!!!!! They did amazing job!!!!!! I would recommend tirrell room to any engaged couple. Just a beautiful spot!!!!!!! My daughter got married sept. 24,2016 at 6:30. beautiful sunset!!!!!!! The pace of the evening was perfect!!!!!! The women who I feel bad cannot remember her name but she must run the kitchen was just soo nice and professnional!!! Jen could not have been sweeter and more attentive she made the evening just flow so nicely!!!!!! If you choose the tirrell room you are in good hands!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Jesse · Married on 09/24/2016

I just got married 2 weeks ago, not even (9/24/2016) at 6:30 and had the ceremony and the reception at the Tirrell Room. We purchased the wedding package and I have told everyone what an amazing package it is, and so so so affordable. The night was absolutely perfect. The best night of my life. I wanted for nothing. People have been telling me it was the best wedding they've been to, and people were commenting on the venue all night. The ceremony was gorgeous. I didn't lift a finger the day of, we brought everything we had to the venue the night of the rehearsal and they set it up, perfectly. Jen held my hand throughout the whole process, and answered every single question and went out of her way to make sure I had everything I needed/wanted. I could not have asked for better. We had our own waitress the night of, who was awesome. So sweet and so attentive. They made sure we did everything right when we were supposed to, the pace of the evening was absolutely perfect. I would and have recommended this venue and all the vendors they work with through the package to everyone. It was the perfect event. I can't think of a single negative thing or anything that could have made it better. Jen and Carey and all of the staff at the Tirrell Room THANK YOU!!!!!!!! You guys are the best!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/04/2016
  • Julie Anne

Julie Anne · Married on 11/15/2015

If you're looking for an affordable, accommodating, beautiful venue within 20 minutes of the Boston area, The Tirrell Room is where you want to go. It is a family owned business and Jen the coordinator is absolutely amazing at what she does. I was so nerved up about the wedding but any time I sat with her my nerves instantly went away because I knew she had things under control and would take good care of us (and she did!). The outdoor space is as beautiful as the indoor space and adds to the allure of the hall. Similar venues are very restrictive about their outdoor spaces but the Tirrell room offered us a lot more freedom. Many of my guests commented that it "felt like home". The food was delicious. I really can't say enough about how good they are about what they do. I wish I had something else coming up so I could work with them again.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Mike · Married on 08/28/2015

My husband and I got married here on a Friday in August and it went perfectly -- better than we even imagined. It seriously felt like a dream, and we are so grateful to everyone at the Tirrell Room for everything they did to make our family and friends so comfortable. Everyone could not stop raving about what a beautiful space it is, how great the food was, and how helpful and professional the whole staff were to them.

The Tirrell Room had everything we were looking for: outdoor space with seating for the ceremony (and during the cocktail hour, they brought out high-top tables so people could hang out and watch the sunset), a huge room for the reception (it has a perfect-sized dance floor and 2 bars), great food and very reasonable prices for the Boston area.

For the food, they do a big tasting where you can try everything on the menu. It was a really fun part of the planning process. Since the wedding, so many of our family and friends have brought up how much they enjoyed it all. Great appetizers and entrees, especially the beef tenderloin.

But the best part about the Tirrell Room is seriously the staff. Everyone was so great to us, but I especially have to mention Jen, who worked with us throughout the entire planning process. She was absolutely incredible. She instantly made us feel comfortable from the first time we went to look at the space, and was so helpful and responsive to all of our questions. Her upbeat and flexible attitude made us feel so confident and calm every step of the process, right up to the night of the wedding where she made sure everything stayed perfectly on track. It may sound like I'm going overboard with the raving, but trust me that if you're lucky enough to get to work with her, you'll see exactly what I mean.

I've heard this place referred to as a "hidden gem" but I doubt it'll be that way for long. Couldn't recommend it more.

Sent on 09/19/2015

Katie · Married on 08/15/2015

I'm not even sure I can fit all of my feedback into one review! The Tirrell Room is absolutely outstanding. I worked with Jen and she was a dream come true! Having never planned a wedding before and (of course) wanting everything to be perfect, I emailed her A LOT throughout the process. She would always get back to me (almost immediately) and we would talk through everything until it was set. The package deal cannot be beat! It includes a ridiculous amount and makes planning a breeze. I planned my wedding at the same time a friend was planning her own and when I told her what our package came with, she was so jealous! Their choice of vendors is incredible and we had nothing but great experiences with everyone. Everything from helping us with the rehearsal, to hugging us after we were married-Jen was the best! My 161 guests fit comfortably and are still raving about the food and service. Our wedding was the best day of our life, but it would not have been if it weren't for the staff and atmosphere at the Tirrell Room. They set up everything exactly how I envisioned it and the room looked beautiful. My husband and I are still giddy and we can't get over how great everyone was. Little things like having a server bring champagne and appetizers into the bridal suite or not rushing us when certain family members took a little longer to congratulate us when we went around to the tables. I honestly can't say enough. I want to get married all over again because of how awesome this place is!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Lisa · Married on 11/01/2014

I am so happy we booked our wedding at the The Tirrell Room. The place is absolutely beautiful. The dance floor is huge, it has two bars, very adorable bridal suite, and a gazebo looking over the blue hills. There is so much parking, and the food is sooo good! We did the family style dinner which our guests loved so much. Jen was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing, very helpful,energetic, and organized. I will recommend this place to everyone I know for their weddings!
    -Lisa 11.1.14

Sent on 11/11/2014

nicole · Married on 10/04/2014

The staff at the Tirrell Room were so helpful. Jennifer was the most amazing wedding coordinator ever. One of my glass centerpieces broke the day before and she went out and got a replacement for me. Doesn't get much better than that.... The food was amazing too, steak tips were to die for!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Nancy · Married on 09/13/2014

Had my daughter wedding here, The venue was beautiful and the staff was amazing.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/31/2014

I am so happy we chose the Tirrell Room for our wedding. Working with Jennifer was a fantastic and effortless experience. They are very fair in all aspects of the word. We received so many compliments on the food and had a great overall experience.

Sent on 10/14/2014
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/30/2014

We just had our wedding here on August 30th and I can't say enough about how much I loved everything about the Tirrell Room.

First the venue:

The lawn out back is a perfect spot for your ceremony and photos. We got married in front of the gazebo and the gardening was so perfect we didn't have to do any flowers or decorations for the ceremony. Out ceremony was at 7 and we afterward got amazing pictures right at sunset.

The inside of the Tirrell Room is equally gorgeous. It's a huge open room with modern, neutral colored decor and lots of windows. I loved that there were no brightly colored carpets, etc. like I had seen at other venues because we knew that whatever color scheme we chose would look great. We had a small group (90 guests) so we were able to set one side of the room up with 10 dinner tables and set the other side up with cocktail tables.

Next, the staff:

I loved working with coordinators Carey and Jen! They were so accommodating and made sure I didn't have to stress about a thing. The chef Dennis and waitstaff the night of the wedding were also amazing and made sure we had whatever we needed.

Finally, the food:

All of our guests raved about how good the food was (and how much of it there was). We did the family style option with roast beef and chicken Marsala and nobody left hungry. I heard from my vegetarian guests that the vegetarian shepherds pie was also delicious. Personally, my favorite thing about the food is that they had no problem doing custom passed hors d'ouvres for us. The groom and I both love tater tots so they made rosemary parmesan tater tots and man were they good!

I would highly recommend that any future brides check out this venue. I was beyond happy with everything and it was also a great value!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Tracey · Married on 08/09/2014

Absolutely fabulous!
    We did the package and it was amazing! It included great vendors that all exceeded our expectations. The invitations included in the package were fabulous as well, we went with the modern square pocket design and couldn't be happier!

Jennifer & Carey were great in responding to emails and helping us plan!

The hall itself is gorgeous! Newly renovated, the outside patio with Gazebo is fabulous! My husband & I took photos out there and the guests were also able to enjoy the patio and the gazebo. The grounds are gorgeous!
    We had a big wedding... 270 people and the hall fit them comfortably :-) the bartenders were awesome too! with that many people, no one was ever even waiting for drinks! it was great!

And the food was phenomenal! I keep receiving feedback that the apps were great and the food was delicious!

We are so happy we chose them, it was just perfect!

Sent on 08/28/2014

The Tirrell Room's reply:

Sommers 2 Bee <3 & GroomGregga,

Thank you for such a wonderful review!!! We enjoyed every minute of your wedding!!! You two are the cutest couple, it was a pleasure working with you along the way!! Thank you for choosing The Tirrell Room! Enjoy "Wedding Bliss"!!!

~Everyone at The Tirrell Room

stephanie · Married on 05/24/2014

Great service helpful and friendly staff!!

Sent on 05/25/2014

The Tirrell Room's reply:

Thank you Stephanie!! You were such a beautiful Bride!!! Thank you for choosing the Tirrell Room as your venue!

-Carey, Jen & The Tirrell Room Staff

brenna · Married on 12/28/2013

I just recently got married this past December. Everything went very well at The Tirrell Room. Maryanne was great to work with and helped us throughout the night. We didn't have time to think of the cake cutting, toasts, first dances, etc. Maryanne would remind us how much time we had and get us prepared. She was great at the end of the night making sure we received all of our gifts, favors and any leftover items we would wish to keep. The gazebo outside was great for taking pictures and the room held our huge crowd perfectly. :-)

Thanks again!

Sent on 01/23/2014

If you are looking for a reasonably priced venue, with fantastic food a beautifully updated room, with an indoor/outdoor component, this is the place. We had a fantastic wedding where we got married in front of the gazebo, had cocktails on the patio and went into the air conditioned facility for dinner and dancing. It has a huge dance floor and TWO bars. They even procured a specific type of beer for me! Their staff was incredibly attentive the whole night. We had a great day!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Our night was spectacular! The food, the venue, the drinks all out of this world! My guests have not stopped talking about how gorgeous the room is!! Marianne and Carey were easy to deal with and always responsive, and that night I wanted for nothing! On our last food meeting my mom and I mentioned we really wanted mashed potatoes (even tho "the group" voted on roasted) and Marianne arranged special plates for me and my mom! It's that attention to detail and personality that truly made our night special! Cannot wait to plan our next event there!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Emmy · Married on 11/03/2012

The Tirrell Room was definitely the right venue for us. They were flexible, attentive and a great value for the area. The food was delicious and the second bar was definitely a plus. The staff was amazing both during the planning process and the day of. Marianne was wonderful and made everything so easy.

Sent on 11/14/2012