The Tides Estate Reviews

186 | Haledon, NJ

186 Reviews for The Tides Estate

Michelle · Married on 09/01/2012

My husband and I were married on September 1st, 2012. We certainly could not have a chosen a better venue. The food and service were impeccable. Tito (the general manager) was very helpful and made me feel at ease planning the big day. Mike (our maitre d) was equally as wonderful and was at our beck and call the entire night. The party was a big hit! Our friends still rave about how beautiful the Tides Estate was and they still can't believe how much food they ate (and wanted to eat but couldn't cause they were so full). We opted for everything including all the upgrades..it was so worth it! Loved everything about the Tides. They certainly made our wedding a day to remember. We still both wish the day never ended. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 10/04/2012

I had my wedding ceremony and my reception here. It was absolutely beautiful. When we booked it they hadn't planted the colorful plants around the grounds and the trees were still bare, but Tito promised it would look beautiful and it did. Several people told me it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. The maitre'd was super helpful and met our every request. We even tipped him above the extra rate he already receives. And the food was great. I actually ate some in the bridal suite before going into the reception and all the guests were still talking about it months after the wedding. We have absolutely no complaints. It was a beautiful venue and everything went wonderfully! Thanks Tides Estate!! BTW, the cake they supplied for our reception was delicious and beautiful. I know they had gotten some bad reviews on that in the past but they've definitely fixed that problem.

Sent on 02/04/2013

Andi · Married on 08/19/2012

A wonderful wedding venue with spacious rooms, natural outdoor area and superb service.

The Tides left nothing to be desired. First of all the space is beautiful. Many other places (often more expensive) we looked at in NJ had small outdoor area that felt 'fake'. This often included small gardens and fountains at one corner of their parking lot with a view of of the back of the building. Not the Tides. Their outdoor space felt very natural and secluded, with a beautiful gazebo that was almost picture perfect.

Secondly, the staff led by Tito Freire is very responsive. E-mails are answered within 48 hours max and there was always someone who is reachable with the phone. They are also very flexible. Every request we had, whether it was an easel for the Ketubah, table for photo booth props, a long desk for our guestbook and slideshow or several configurations of table settings were all dealt with ease and professionalism.

Thirdly, the food was very tasty. I highly recommend their chicken wellington and their Viennese table. This last one was quite impressive. Friends who were already full from the cocktail hours and dinner kept going back to sample what felt like hundreds of different kinds of desert.

Fourth, the price was very reasonable and significantly cheaper than other places in NJ that looked 'on par'.

Finally, they truly made us feel like we were the only people who mattered. Their concierge was described by our wedding party as 'nicely bossy' (i.e. assertive to get things moving and to get the job done while being nice at the same time). For example, when he saw that we were taking a bit more time than planned at the bridal suite after the ceremony, he had plates sent up from every single food item they had at the cocktail hour.

I would recommend this venue to all of my friends and relatives.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Kat · Married on 07/27/2012

Tito and the entire staff at The Tides Estate made our dreams reality, and we couldn't have asked for a better day! You're welcomed in like family and followed throughout the engagement until your wedding day when everything goes off without a hitch!! Family and friends have told us we had the "best wedding ever" and that is all thanks to Tito and Mike. :)

Sent on 08/22/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/30/2012

My husband and I just got married on June 30,2012. After meeting with Tito & walking around The Tides we immediately knew that was our venue! My two sisters also got married at there and all I remember was how good the food was! Well that didn't change! The cocktail hour alone was worth it. We had our ceremony in the beautiful gardens and Tito and Mike (the maitre d') was there every step of the way. At the reception, Mike had us around to all 30 tables in 45 mins. We were able to eat, dance, and REMEMBER our wedding. These two men are the Dream Team of weddings! It was such a pleasure having them apart of our big day! If you want a great wedding with exceptional food and service I suggest you go there! Thanks again guys!! It was the best night of our lives!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Best place ever! Did amazon Job food was great everyone had so much fun!

Sent on 07/23/2012

suzanne · Married on 06/03/2012

The Tides gave us the wedding of a lifetime!! Tom was amazing and Steve was awesome!! Food is out of this world!! cockltail hour to die for and the grounds??? OMG stunning !!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Lindsey · Married on 06/02/2012

The Tides did an amazing job for my wedding. The staff was amazing and attentive. The food was absolutely amazing, my guests were more than satisfied.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Kristina · Married on 05/26/2012

The Tides was an absolutely beautiful venue for our wedding reception. After comparing them to other reception venues we researched, we realized they were giving us much more for our money than others and it was an easy decision. Throughout the planning process, Tito was very professional and always responded to us in a timely manner. On our wedding day, everything was set up perfectly, the food was amazing, and both cocktail hour and dessert were breathtaking. Mike was an excellent maitre d' - we wanted for nothing the entire night.

We also ordered our invitations through The Write Moment, which is located inside The Tides, and they came promptly, correctly, and they were beautiful. Liza was also very helpful and extremely quick with her responses. I highly recommend The Tides for a wedding venue or any other special event!

Sent on 08/14/2012

catherine · Married on 05/18/2012

The Tides was excellent!!! I cannot image a better place. The food was unbelievable!! Tito was such a great banquet manager and I am so happy that he has recieved a promotion to general manager. Even as busy as he must be, he always had time for us, answering any questions that we might have. Mike was exclellent, taking such good care of us during the wedding. He made sure that everything went perfectly and it did!!! The grounds at the Tides were beautiful and we were able to take such beautiful pictures outside. It was truly the best day of our lives.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Pam · Married on 04/21/2012

FABULOUS wedding venue :) Delicious food, Excellent service, Phenominal Environment!!
    Tito was wonderful! Thanks for everything!!!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Giovanna · Married on 03/23/2012

The staff was phenomonal!!! They helped us have our dream wedding!!!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Fabulous! They were so attentive and the food was exceptional! Anything we wanted, they went out of their way to make it happen (ie - waffles to go with our ice cream stations). So happy!

Sent on 01/13/2013
  • F

Fanny · Married on 03/03/2012

The Tides Estate was wonderful! Everyone I know now wants to get married at the Tides! Everything was beautiful, the food delicious, amazing and attentive service. Both Tito and Mike did an amazing job in ensuring that both my husband and I were happy and taken care of. Everyone keeps raving about the lavish and delicious cocktail hour and good drinks. Thanks the Tides for helping make my wedding a success.

Sent on 03/27/2012
  • Rosa

Rosa · Married on 11/27/2011

They truly out did themselves!! It's been two weeks and people are still raving about the food the service the decor. Service was OUT OF THIS WORLD the Maitre'd Mike (upstairs room) even tired to clean a stain that was on my husbands tux. He took such good care of us, I have never ever experienced service like the one I was given that day. The only only thing was the cake looked like it was about to fall luckily it didn't and that even though I had the desert room I wish they would have served it to the guest because some of them didn't go to the room and were sitting waiting for their cake. It looked not so great but it tasted amazing!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Noreen · Married on 11/26/2011

I cannot say enough great things about The Tides! They were amazing, from start to finish, and an incredible value.

Our reception was in the recently renovated downstairs room and it was absolutely gorgeous--literally all of our guests commented on what a beautiful location it was. The outside grounds were amazing--can't wait to see our pictures because I know they will be gorgeous. Even in the fall, the grounds were immaculate and we took pictures in daylight and night time because it was so beautiful.

We worked with banquet manager Tom and maitre d Steve and they were both fantastic! We couldn't possibly ask for a better experience.

Sent on 12/01/2011
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 11/06/2011

beautiful place great food and service

Sent on 12/20/2011

Stephanie · Married on 11/04/2011

I can't say enough about The Tides Estate. From start to finish everything was amazing. Mike, the maitre d' was at our side and waited on us hand and foot. As a paranoid bride who worries that things won't be perfect, I can say that it truly was (with the exception of our cake being a little tilted). The food was out of this world as was the service and the atmosphere.

Sent on 11/15/2011

Kitty · Married on 10/30/2011

Everyone at The Tides Estate was very accomodating and was a pleasure to work with. Tito managed all of our requests and made sure our reception mirrored who we were as a couple. He ensured that details from both of our cultures were reflected. Mike, our Matridee, was so polite, warm, friendly, caring, and FUN! He worked together seamlessly with our DJ, photographer, and videographer.

The food was absolutely amazing! I am still receiving compliments from guests about the coctail hour, reception, and viennese hour. The Tides Estate was affordable and we are so pleased we celebrated our marriage there!

Sent on 12/08/2011

Alexis · Married on 10/29/2011

From start to finish, The Tides Estate made our wedding planning easy and memorable. They were always willling to go the extra mile to make sure that our wedding dreams came true. They were professional, courteous, and promptly returned phone calls. Every single meeting with them confirmed that we had made the best decision to have our wedding at The Tides Estate. They were extremely flexible and did everything they could to make sure that our weddin planning was as stress free as possible. It unexpectedly snowed on my wedding day, but that didn't phase The Tides one bit. Our wedding went on as planned, without a hitch. The food was phenomenal, the service was impeccable, and the venue was absolutely gorgeous. The general manager even added a few of his own decorative touches. I am proud to say that The Tides Estate is a wonderful place to get married...a place that my husband and I didn't have to second guess. We felt comfortable with the entire staff, and on our wedding day, each member of the staff made it their personal duty to ensure that we were taken care of and happy. Cheers to The Tides Estate!

Sent on 01/29/2012
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 10/07/2011

One word to describe our 10/7/11 wedding at the tides "PERFECT". The team at the tides is incredible. From the moment we drove up the long paved, perfectly landscaped driveway, we knew we found our venue. Not to mention the inside, Amazing, Classy and Elegant. But most importantly, when your planning your wedding, you need a team of supporters and the Tides has that. Their staff is amazing! Tito, Tom, and Mike our Matre D' answered every question, executed every planning detail perfectly! When you have a venue that you can trust, it makes your day stress free and that much more enjoyable.

Our 100 guests could not stop complimenting the tides everything about the tides. The food was Delicious and Plenty of it!! Your guests will be impressed with the Tides menu. There is so much food!

Ladies, The Crystal Room had a huge Bridal Suite!! Perfect for big bridal parties. You will love the personal bartender in the suite, serving you anything you want to drink. We were able to enjoy the cocktail hour with our family and close relatives. Its a nice "get away" for you to freshen up throughout your wedding night.

I went to see other venues like the Seasons, Chart House, and the Liberty House. For the price, location, menu and hospitality the Tides blew them all away! This is a must see.

The gardens and main lobby are so beautiful. Great Picture location!

Mike our Matre'D was on point with every detail for the night. We dropped off items to be used in our reception and his team decorated and displayed everything PERFECTLY! Anything my husband and I needed, Mike was always there for us. He did an amazing job!!

Tito took care of every detail for our big day. Planning our menu, cocktail hour menu, cake, seating chart, ceremony, and time line. I am so happy we found not only the best banquet manager to work with, but we also made a new friend. He is the BEST!

Susan and Xavier

Sent on 10/08/2011

Meghan · Married on 10/01/2011

I recently had my wedding reception at The Tides, and am so pleased with everything they did to make my day perfect! Leading up to the wedding, the general manager Tito was extremely helpful, listened to every request I made, and followed through on my vision. On the day of, he, our maitre d, and the entire staff, treated us and our guests like royalty. The venue itself is beautiful and impressive, but the service is even more impecible and the food is delicious (and abundant!). All of my guests were "wow'ed and so were my husband and I! If you book with The Tides, you won't have to worry about a single thing on your wedding day - they take care of everything beautifully!

Sent on 10/07/2011

we were on a very tight budget for a "nj wedding" but the tides estate worked with us making our wedding look like we had an unlimited budget. everything was outstanding! we arrived to our cocktail hour late because of traffic from our photo location, but our guests started to arrive about a half hour before cocktail hour was supposed to begin. it was no problem, they were greeted with champagne and were told to head downstairs to the cocktail hour. the tides cocktail hour is like no other nj venues cocktail hour! every station you can thinking of and they are all setup beautifully. it is quite the presentation! when we finally arrived we were greeted by our maitre d steve who made sure that everything we needed or wanted was taken care of, we always had a cocktail in hand and one waiting for us at our table throughout the night! the room was setup perfect with our thank you's at every place setting like asked. we had the bar setup in the cocktail hour room which worked out a lot better than if we had it setup in the reception room. we also had a viennese table which was amazing! our wedding cake was something to be desired which most wedding cakes are, so i would recommend having an outside bakery provide the cake for you unless you are having a viennese table. our guests were completely wow'd, everyone came up to us saying the food was delicious and that this was the best wedding they had been to in a really longtime. the tides estate made our wedding dream come true, we highly recommend at least checking it out and hopefully you will fall in love with it like we did.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Anne · Married on 09/16/2011

We recently had our wedding at The Tides Estate. Everything was absolutely perfect! Our banquet manager, Tito, was very responsive to any questions that we had, and he was helpful throughout the planning process. We had our ceremony in the garden at The Tides, and it was beautiful. The food at cocktail hour was delicious, and everything was replenished during the hour. Everyone raved about how good the food was throughout the whole night. Our maitre'd, Mike, could not have been more helpful. From the afternoon when we were just taking pictures through the end of the evening, he made sure that my husband and I were satisfied and didn't need anything. He even helped my mom pack up her car with our gifts, cake, extra favors, etc. at the end of the night! I could not have been happier with our wedding day, and I would highly recommend the Tides to anyone looking for an excellent venue at a great price.

Sent on 10/03/2011

David · Married on 08/26/2011

The Tides provided the most fanatastic day my daughter could have dreamed of. The service, food and gthe staff were excellent. Tito and Mike were there through out the day/evening to make sure everything was perfect. We have received numerous statements from family and friends, that it was the best wedding they have ever been at.
    To Tito, Mike and the Tides staff, thank you again.
    David and