The Tides Estate Reviews

186 | Haledon, NJ

186 Reviews for The Tides Estate

Vanessa · Married on 10/11/2013

I am a very picky and indecisive person and it's the worst combination to be when planning a wedding, but the moment I arrived to The Tides, up their drive way i fell in love. As soon as you walk in, there is an amazing , humongous chandelier that you can't help but stare at. We met with Tito who showed us the amazing grounds and beautiful hall, with a patio type cocktail room, marble everywhere, i loved it even more. Inside the reception room the dance floor also had chandeliers which were also beautiful. Tito was a humongous help, and a big sweetheart, from the beginning to end of my wedding planning . He helped us through, answered all my emails and phone calls promptly. Our Maitre d', Mike, i wanted to take him home! He was so attentive, i never had to look for him and he went above and beyond to make me happy. I still have people calling me about how much food, how good it was, how amazing the Estate is . Not one thing went wrong, and not a lot of brides can say that. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! Thanks to the Tides, Tito . Mike and the rest of the staff!

Sent on 11/09/2013

ALLISYN · Married on 10/05/2013

I am a pretty controlling type A personality who had such specific ideas for what I wanted our wedding to be. Our theme was what I called 'Personalized Photo Fun'. We had a lot of DIY touches that we wanted to incorporate into our event and Tom our Banquet Manager was SO open to all of my quirky decisions and was there for us every step of the way. Our Maitre'd, Mike, is like no other man I have ever met! He is more powerful than superman! I didn't meet him until the day of the event and it was like he somehow knew me better than I knew myself! He is AMAZING! I even asked Tom if we could hire him to come home with us and take care of us on a permanent basis! Mike knew if I was thirsty before I even knew it! He made sure I sat down and ate at least a little bit and politely but firmly kept guests away from me for 5 minutes every so often just so I could relax and just breathe. He was born to do this job! All of my guests were blown away by the beauty of The Tides both inside and out. And the food is DELICIOUS! My now husband is puerto rican and Tom arranged for a traditional puerto rican dish to be a part of our cocktail hour that he and his whole family LOVED! That is pretty hard to do when the guests grow up cooking and eating that dish their whole lives and they were all thrilled with it being there and tasting so great! I cannot say enough about how wonderful the entire staff was and how happy we are with our decision to celebrate our special day there. I knew it was my venue as soon as we pulled into the parking lot and was SHOCKED at how reasonable the cost was! My guests are all still raving about our beautiful day!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Deanna · Married on 10/05/2013

I can't say enough about The Tides....from beginning to end the whole process leading up to and including the wedding day was amazing. Tito was wonderful and so helpful, the open house was great, and of course our wedding day was everything we had hoped for. Steven was our Maitre d' and he was absolutely amazing. He knew what we needed before we even did! The food was awesome, and everything really was perfect. Thank you again everyone!!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Moe · Married on 08/31/2013

Pure excellence!! Tom was extremely accommodating. And Mike took total control of my wedding and made sure that everything ran smoothly. Couldn't ask for more. The food, presentation, decor and the service was second to none. Everyone was impressed with the venue. (moe/monica 08/31/2013)

Sent on 09/04/2013

Stephanie · Married on 08/10/2013

We got married on August 10th at the Tides Estate and the wedding was everything we imagined. Tom and Mike were beyond amazing and did everything to make our day perfect. Tom answered all of my questions and never said no to any of my requests. Mike made sure I always had a drink in hand, that our food was everything we wanted and that we had time to enjoy ourselves. He was also wonderful when we had to change table cards and combine tables at the very last minute. The staff at the Tides is hands down amazing.

Besides the staff the grounds were beautiful, the food was amazing and everything was exactly what we wanted for our wedding day. I still have guests telling me what a great time they had and how gorgeous the venue was. I would recommend the Tides to anyone who wants a stunning wedding with perfect service. There truly were no flaws and we could not be happier with our choice to celebrate our wedding at the Tides Estate.

Love Stephanie & Anthony (Couldn't remove private user)

Sent on 08/23/2013

Natalie · Married on 08/09/2013

The Tides Estate truly did make our wedding a dream come true. From the first time we stepped foot into the Tides I knew it was exactly what we were looking for. The grounds are gorgeous as well as the whole inside of the reception hall. We had our wedding in the Crystal Ballroom and when our Maitre'd Mike gave us a sneak peek of the room on our wedding day it was 10x more beautiful than I ever could imagine. Tom Austin was phenomenal. He always responded back to my emails and calls throughout the planning process as soon he could. He was always so helpful and really made sure we were happy. On our wedding day, our maitre'd, Mike was AMAZING! He did everything he could to make sure we were happy and well taken care of. He made sure we always had drinks and that we ate something. He also was a savior when it came to the bustle on my dress! Nobody could figure out how to make it stay up but he came to the rescue and it stayed up as I danced the entire night. He was the nicest guy, every bride who is fortunate enough to have Mike as their Maitre'd is very very lucky! As for all my guests, they are still raving about the service and food at The Tides. Many people have told me it was the best food at a wedding they ever ate! I can't wait to be a guest at a wedding at The Tides so I can really enjoy their amazing food! I will definitely recommend this venue to anyone I know who is getting married.

Sent on 08/26/2013

The Tides did a phenomenal job on our wedding day and leading up to the day. The place is gorgeous and the service is impeccable. The food is in an abundance and delicious. People are still raving about the outside gardens and food. Mike the MD doesn't miss a trick. Tito was great to plan with and is willing to negotiate prices and menu items. The wedding cake was perfect looking and tasting. The upstairs room is more than enough room for large weddings. You can't beat their prices either.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Denise · Married on 06/16/2013

We had such an amazing time @ our wedding. Our guests were stunned w/the location and grounds @ The Tides. They had everything I was looking for. The food was amazing and the staff was great too. Worked w/Tom Austin since the booking and he made the experience so simple. Never said no to any of our requests and responded promptly to me every time I had a question.

Sent on 06/17/2013

The Tides Estate truly made our day spectacular! Our friends and family are STILL raving about the food and the beautiful venue. Tom and Mike our Maitre D’ made our wedding day as smooth and worry free as possible! Tom answered all of our questions (which are A LOT) promptly. Mike was amazing during our wedding day! It’s like he could look into our brain and guess what we wanted next! He always kept re-filling my drink, providing me with refills of any appetizer I wanted. All in all, The Tides Estate is the place to celebrate your wedding!! Also, our wedding was a 315 people wedding. I was so worried about traffic, the logistics of the cocktail hour and the sit down dinner. The Tides really has their process down. Our wedding was like an intimate affair, everyone had more than plenty to eat and NO ONE complained about lines during cocktail hour. We are so happy we chose The Tides!!

Sent on 07/24/2013
  • User2055984 · 2+ years ago

The Tides did an absolutely amazing job on our wedding, it really came out perfect!
    Pros:
    1. Beautiful location and venue, uplighting can be negotiated into your package so ask first before going to your DJ.
    2. So much food! There was more than we thought there would be as there are certain staples every wedding gets- Viennese dessert is huge, like a second cocktail hour for dessert!
    3. Mike, the Maitr'd was amazing!!! Huge props for him, the night would not have been as great without him.
    4. Very flexible- negotiate with them, they are open to it. They usually will throw something in for free such as the Viennese or Raw Bar (normally $10 pp)
    Cons:
    1. They will hold two weddings/events at the same time since there are two rooms, and all guests must enter through the same vestibule (we lucked out that the other wedding canceled so we had the Tides to ourselves the whole day).
    2. If you book the smaller room you will only have one bridal suite while the larger room has two, so the bride and groom can both arrive and be separate but still in their own suite.
    3. Cake, which is included, isn't so special. We opted to get an outside vendor for the cake since we weren't happy with the flavors they offered (basic), how they looked (only offer butter cream and from photos it looked kind of droopy) and that we couldn't taste it beforehand. I have heard from others that did take the cake that as far as taste it wasn't bad.
    4. Ceremony is a whopping $7 extra per person! (and it counts for your entire guest list, not just whomever shows up).

Sent on 06/30/2013

Susan · Married on 05/05/2013

Tom at The Tides is just a pleasure to work with and makes you feel like you have known him for years. The Tides is just gorgeous and the food is amazing!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Colby · Married on 05/03/2013

The Tides was so amazing. Our wedding day went so smoothly and we are so grateful. They made our every request possible. We were treated like royalty on the day of our wedding. It was an amazing day because of all the great service they provided.

Sent on 05/13/2013

Loved our reception site Tides Estate. Tom was our coordinator and went above and beyond. I asked him so many questions and he wrote back within 24 hours. He was so helpful. Our grounds were beautiful. We had a private cocktail hour with just the bridal party and had our own bar tender and delicious food. People raved about our cocktail hour, they enjoyed their main course, and the Viennese hour was superb! The chandeliers were beautiful and they set up the room just as we imagined. Thank you so much to the Tides. You really made our wedding special!

Sent on 04/20/2013

nicole · Married on 04/06/2013

There are no words to describe how amazing our wedding was on 4.5.13 at The Tides. Our guests are still talking about how great the food was and how much fun they had. Everything ran smoothly, even when 2 guests who never RSVP'd showed up. When my mother-in-law told them only 15 minutes before the reception, they were able to turn a table of 8 into a table of 10 and even made up a place card for the two extra guests. Thank you to everyone there for making me not have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 04/14/2013

Diana · Married on 04/05/2013

I never heard about the Tides Estate before until I went on wedding wire and I made my appointment to check it out and I fell in love! Tito was amazing and helpful, the food was delicious the service was outstanding. I recommend going to their open house where you can see the set up of cocktail hour and taste all their food. Tito answered all my questions ( and I had a lot). They had no problem with me bringing outside food to set up a candy bar (some other venues were very against that), cigars for cigar bar, photo booth, etc. We even had to change the date of our wedding to due a conflict schedule with my husbands brother who was away at college and Tito made it happen with no additional fee. My flop on my wedding day (everyone has one) was that we forgot this beautiful antique silver trunk for our envelopes but thankfully the tides had a beautiful bird cage that they set up for us and it fit right in with my theme which was vintage. To this day everyone mentions how much food we had and how it actually tasted great! You get a lot for you money but not only is the quantity good but the quality! My family is from Spain and weddings are all about the couple and the food and everyone was happy! I did my research on venues and read horror stories about so many places and I am so happy that our happiest day was that... our happiest day and Tito and The Tides played a huge part in that!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Stephanie · Married on 03/30/2013

The Tides was the first and only reception site we visited when we first started planning our wedding and we were at first captivated by the lovely grounds and loved it even more once we met with Tito and he went over everything that was included with our wedding. From start to finish, Tito was wonderful to work with and made our dream wedding a reality. We had our ceremony on-site (inside unfortunately b/c the spring weather hadn't arrived quite enough to be outside) and it was beautiful in the indoor ceremony space! Mike, our maitre d' was OUTSTANDING! He anticipated our every need, made sure we got to eat, brought me water when I'd been out on the dance floor for a while, took care of our ENTIRE bridal party during pictures. He was truly phenomenal and made sure we enjoyed the night as much as possible. Our guests were all raving about the food during cocktail hour and dinner and how delicious and plentiful it was. They will also be renovating the main ballroom for May 2014 and it looks even more amazing. I highly recommend the Tides to anyone looking for fantastic service, food, and grounds. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/31/2013

Sean · Married on 03/10/2013

Couldn't have been happier with place from start to finish. The food, service, facilities, and price were all fantastic. The cocktail hour was great. They made a martini glass ice sculpture with a spigot that dispensed martinis. Great spread of high quality. The top floor was bridal suites just for us. They brought up the full cocktail hour buffet so we didn't miss anything. It also has an exit on to the back roof with stairs to get down to the cocktail hour area if you'd like. Lots of great places to take pictures indoors and out. There was a function going on downstairs and you would have never known. The food and the pacing were all very good. The dessert buffet was also unbelievable. They were bottles of wine on the table and full bar service which was on point. The gentlemen we dealt with the whole time was great. He was very responsive and saw to all our needs. Our wedding was on a Sunday so I didn't necessarily expect to see him and he was there and exceptionally helpful.

I'd recommend this place to anyone for any reason.

Sent on 03/13/2015

The Tides Estates was absolutely the best choice we could have made for our wedding venue! When my fiance and I first went to The Tides to meet with the General Manager, Tito, he was warm, friendly, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable about everything. Throughout the next several months, we knew we could always call Tito about anything regarding our wedding. He was ALWAYS willing to talk to us and help. Up until the last several days leading up to the wedding (when things can get a little hectic for the bride and groom!), both Tito and the other manager, Tom, were SO responsive and helpful with anything we needed!

The day of our wedding, we met our maitre d', Mike...and he was AMAZING! Upon his arrival to The Tides that day, he was on top of EVERYTHING! He beautifully set up all of the things I had brought the week before (favors, guestbook, place cards, etc.), was professional and friendly at all times, kept things running so smoothly the whole night, and was always ready and available to do whatever he had to in order to make our wedding perfect. He took 100% care of my husband and I, as well as our immediate families, throughout the entire evening. Anything we needed, he was always there!

All of this being said, I highly recommend The Tides to anyone looking for a wedding venue! I got ready in the bridal suite, all of our pictures were taken both in and outside The Tides, and our ceremony was inside the main ballroom. It immediately led into our cocktail hour and reception. All of our guests walked away from our wedding raving about how amazing (and super plentiful) all of the food was, how beautiful the ceremony was, and how gorgeous the venue is. We couldn't have asked for more from The Tides. It was the happiest day of our lives!!

We highly recommend using the The Tides for your wedding!!! (Also - they are renovating for 2014, and the pictures of what they are planning look spectacular!! Check them out!!)

Sent on 04/01/2013

Everything was done beautifully the food was great the cake was unbelievable the ceremony was beautiful. The setup with lighting made it warm and cozy Made our wedding perfect. Everyone was so nice. We really enjoyed ourselves thank you for making our wedding perfect.

Sent on 03/26/2013

My husband and I love The Tide Estates. Our wedding was a wonderful success. Everything was absolutely perfect. The venue is stunning and the food was delicious. All of our guests complimented us on everything. We were so happy with the end result. It was a perfect and fun evening. Thank you Tito and Mike.

Sent on 01/18/2014

Kerri · Married on 10/27/2012

The Tides Estate was amazing! The food was delicious, the service was great and our banquet manager Tito was such a joy to work with. We were able to have a signature drink and my husband even put a special request in for bacon at the chocolate fountain and The Tides hooked us up! I highly recommend The Tides Estate for any party!

Sent on 11/13/2012
  • Carlita

Carlita · Married on 10/14/2012

The Tides was our first choice but of course we made the mistake of driving around to other venues every week. Looking for what we had already found at The Tides! The place is just charming! This Estate had a revamp just in time for our divine day. I was very pleased with all their consideration for our needs as well as wants. My husband had one very important need for our day and thats GREAT FOOD!!! Cocktail hour like no other!!! Our guests are still talking about how splendid the food was. We had an enchanting cermony outside on a perfect October Sunday with the beautiful gardens and tree back drop.The place was dressed to the nines and ready for making noted memories! We chose The Write Moment for invitations and they came out wonderful in timely fashion. The Tides also prepared our wedding cake which was delicious!!! We would like to thank Tom, Tito, Steve and Mike for making sure our night was perfect.

Sent on 11/18/2012

The Tides was amazing! We searched everywhere for a place that would accommodate a smaller wedding (about 75 people). Tom, the banquet manager, was so gracious and such a pleasure to work with. He answered all of my questions in a timely manner and made sure that everything was perfect even before the wedding. The reception room was decorated beautifully and the maitre 'd, Steve, did an excellent job setting up the favors and escort card table. Everyone at The Tides made us feel like we were the only wedding going on there that night, even though there were two other weddings going on upstairs at the same time. Tom came to check on us several times, even though he could have easily been too busy with the other weddings to bother. I really can't say enough good things about them!

Sent on 10/16/2012
  • Laurie

Laurie · Married on 09/22/2012

I couldn't have asked for a better experience with The Tides Estate. We worked with Tom to book and plan the reception. He is very easy going and left me feeling that everything would be taken care of and I didn't need to stress. We was friendly and responsive to any questions I called him with. A dream to work with. At the reception, Steve was our maitre d'. Yet another great asset for The Tides. He treated me and my husband like royalty, constantly checking in with us to make sure we were happy with everything. The grounds are beautiful, and if the weather doesn't cooperate, there are many lovely spots inside to take pictures. My guests are STILL raving about the food.... not just the quality, but the QUANTITY. Delicious and plentiful. I also love that they participate with TableToTable... a service that takes prepared leftovers and delivers it to organizations that feed the hungry. I simply can't say enough wonderful things about this venue. From the location, to the food, to the people.... it made our special day even better.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Karen & Joe · Married on 09/14/2012

Our wedding on September 14, 2012 at The Tides was perfect!!! My guests are still talking about how beautiful the venue was and how great the food was! Tito & Steve made our wedding a night we will never forget!!!

Sent on 01/22/2013