The Tides Estate Reviews

186 | Haledon, NJ

186 Reviews for The Tides Estate

• Cameron

Cameron · Married on 05/22/2016

I booked the Tides Estate for my May 2016 wedding and I couldn't be happier. Tido is amazing and this place is gorgeous. With beautiful 16 foot high ceilings, a bridal suite to die for and the amazing hardwood and marble floors (instead of dated and smelly carpet) makes this place amazing and eye catching. I can't wait for my big day at such a beautiful venue. Tido is my go to guy! The food is great and I can't wait to pick out my wedding cake! ( I will only be having my cocktail hour and reception at the Tides. I will be having a church ceremony!)

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jamie · Married on 04/23/2016

I got married at The Tides Estate in the grand ballroom and it was everything I could of ever dreamed of. From the moment I met with Tito I knew this was the place I would be getting married in. Out of 13 different venues this was the only one that after meeting with I had no questions or concerns. The staff was more than accommodating and my Maitre'D Steven exceeded any expectation I could of had. The Tides was very easy to work with which definitely helped in reducing that wedding stress. The food was amazing and my guests still talk about it months later. The grounds are stunning and the grand ballroom is like a fairy tale. My husband still asks if we can do it all over again because our experience was truly magical and that is all thanks to The Tides Estate and their staff.

Sent on 08/18/2016

angela · Married on 04/22/2016

We had our wedding at the Tides two weeks ago. We were impressed the moment we pulled into the driveway for our first appointment. Once we walked into the lobby and saw the beautiful chandelier, we knew we wanted our wedding to be there.

We had a beautiful outdoor ceremony and a fabulous reception in the downstairs room. We had 100 guests and found the downstairs rooms to be perfect. The Tides is a beautiful place both inside and outdoors. The decor is stunning and formal which is more than we ever dreamed of. The food is delicious. The Viennese hour is impressive. We shopped around at a lot of similar catering halls, all of which charged significantly more. The funny thing is that none of them compared in decor! They looked old and outdated compared to the Tides!

We worked with Tom to do the logistics leading up to our day. He was excellent. He answered all of my emails and questions. He was more than accommodating and a pleasure to work with. We had a discrepancy with our florist the morning after our wedding. Tom was wonderful and took care of everything so we can enjoy our honeymoon without worrying about anything.

Steve, omg! Where do I start! Steve was fabulous! I first met him at one of the open houses and asked him a question about the uplighting in the downstairs room. He took the time to show me literally every color they had! There were so many! At least 20! He was so patient and always smiling. On wedding day, Steve was always 5 steps ahead of us. He was an absolute doll! We were nervous and stressed that day but Steve was a calming force and breath of fresh air! The flow of our day was flawless thanks to him.

The best wedding related decision we made was choosing the Tides for our venue. The venue itself is breathtaking and the staff is simply wonderful. I highly recommend it to any couple in search of a venue for their wedding day.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Jenelle · Married on 04/15/2016

We got married and had our reception at The Tides about 2 weeks ago and it was beautiful !!! We worked with Tom and he is awesome - from start to finish he was outstanding!! Mike was our maitre d and he was amazing every step of the way from rehearsal to our wedding day he was right by our side making sure everything was perfect and it was! The Tides is a beautiful place inside and outside - we got married in the garden and the view was spectacular! Our guests are still raving about all the food from cocktail hour to dinner to dessert it was amazing and delicious and we agree! Thank you so much Tom and Mike for making our day one to remember forever!!
    Jenelle & Andrew

Sent on 04/26/2016

Pamela · Married on 12/05/2015

I dont even know where to begin. We just got married on 12/5/15 and our entire day was such a dream. From start to finish, Tom and his staff were attentive and completely and utterly flexible to any needs or requests. Their grand ball room has been redone and has a beautiful new ligjting and sound system which is such a huge plus bc theres no extra charge and you save money with you DJ who would charge you extra for that. In addition they place the DJ and Band on this bacony so no ones ears are getting blown out. If you want them on the floor too, they can accomodate that also. The food was amazing and everyone kept saying how beautiful it was and how amazing the food tasted. I would highly recommend booking the Tides for your wedding. And make sure to ask for Mike and your Maitre'D - he is absolutely phenomenal!

Sent on 12/10/2015
  • O

Oneka · Married on 10/25/2015

The Tides Estate provided awesome service and food. Tom our banquet manager was excellent. The maitre d was also superb! It was a great experience and a flawless day!

Sent on 12/30/2015

Amazing venue! Had an awesome time! Tito is the best!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Megan · Married on 10/18/2015

Tito was a pleasure to work with he made sure that our wedding day would be a memorable one. Even the day of our wedding Tito checked in with us several times to make sure that everything was going smooth and that we had everything we needed. Thank you Tito for allowing us to share this memorable day at your establishment.

Steve was our Maître D, he was outstanding. From the moment we walked in Steve was in our bridal sweet making sure whatever we needed he got. Steve set up everything for the day of the wedding and made sure he was always available when we needed him. Steve made sure our "first look" photos went without any issues. Several times Steve needed to help me bustle my dress and thank goodness he knows the tricks and what to do! If it wasn't for Steve I think we may have had some hiccups throughout the day, so a million thanks to Steve for EVERYTHING you did for us!!

I highly recommend the tides the establishment and grounds are beautiful the staff is wonderful and the whole process from start to finish was so pleasant for such a stressful day! Thank you again Tito, Steve and the rest of the entire staff for all you did for us!! We had an amazing time and so did everyone else!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/02/2015

The Tides was amazing! Tom was great to deal with and couldn't be happier for him to handle our wedding. Mike, our maitre'd, was top notch and his service was excellent. The food was amazing as well. Everything we asked for they accommodated us. Everyday I wish we could do it again! Thank you everyone at The Tides! Been referring you ever since.

Sent on 12/23/2016

Bryna · Married on 08/08/2015

I LOVED LOVED LOVED everything about the reception!!!! I wouldn't have changed a thing! Scott, the catering manager, was so easy to work with and extremely accommodating. We went for our tasting and didn't love a few things (i.e. skin on the eggplant, the mortadella, etc.) but we spoke with him and everything was fixed the day of. The day of, the banquet manager (who's name I forget) was so professional and efficient. I didn't have to ask for a thing. He made sure that I always had a drink or food.

Sent on 07/02/2008

Just wanted to say thank you to The Tides Estate, Tito, and Mike for hosting our wedding this past weekend - it was amazing! Just like one of the other reviewers commented, the crystal room hadn't finished its renovation when we booked the venue - and WOW was it a beautiful venue during our wedding day. My cousin had gotten married at The Tides Estate previously in one of their smaller rooms, so we already knew how wonderful the food was. Literally, everything was great - from the food, to the decor, to the outside areas, to the lights, the accommodations, and so much more. All the guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and rightly so. During the day of, we felt like a king and queen, and our maitre d' Mike was phenomenal and amazing. Thank you for giving us a great time and taking care of our guests - very highly recommend! Joy/Joe

Sent on 06/02/2015

Just wanted to say thank you to The Tides Estate, Tito, and Mike for hosting our children's wedding may 23rd. it was amazing! , the crystal room was nothing but 2x4's when we booked it but WOW it is beautiful now. everything was great - food, top shelf liquor, decor, lighting, etc. All the guests commented on how beautiful the venue, bragged about food and bar service was and rightly so. Thank you Tito for all your help and work to make this day as beautiful as the bride and groom. Thank you Mike, our maitre d' You were amazing and always there when needed. Thank you you for taking care of our guests - very highly recommend! Anna/mother of the bride. Tito and Mike you made hosting a wedding stress free and we were able to enjoy the wedding and our guests without worrying about a thing. I knew you had us covered from the moment we walked in.

Sent on 06/11/2015

April · Married on 05/16/2015

I could not have been happier with The Tides. Someone we know got married here years ago, so they referred us. We decided to go see it, not having any first hand experiences. The entire day went smoothly. We had our ceremony in the back, the rain held out. The grounds were beautiful for photos. The entire night went smoothly. If there were any hiccups, I didn't know about them at least. Our reception was in the ballroom upstairs and it was beautiful with the colored lighting. We have some great photos and great memories. Thanks Tito!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Riza · Married on 04/25/2015

During our first meeting with Tito at The Tides Estate, the new Crystal Room had not even began construction yet. We were already impressed with the venue’s amenities so we booked blindly only knowing certain specifications of the new room. It was grand. The Crystal Room expansion was more than we hoped for and we were excited to have our wedding reception there. We’ve seen other venues but not quite like The Tides where it gave a feeling of open space and intimacy at the same time. The service from the dining room staff is excellent. Mike, our maître d was attentive to us that evening. It is also such a pleasure working with Tito. He always did his best to accommodate us and in the end played a tremendous part in our wedding day. Our guests complimented the food and open bar. We even received compliments about the dance floor! We are very happy with our decision in choosing The Tides Estate. We didn’t have second thoughts in booking them for our wedding reception. They are top notch!

Sent on 05/18/2015

The Tides Estate exceeded our expectations 1000%! Everyone had an AMAZING time!! My husband and I looked all over the state of NJ and visited at least 10 venues prior to booking with The Tides. I knew I wanted an open feel with large windows and high ceilings. When we initially saw the Tides they had not started the renovation yet, so we took a bit of a gamble. Judging from the rest of the venue, we felt they had great taste and would do a wonderful job. We were blown away once we saw the final product! Another hot button for us was how we were treated by the staff. We dealt with Tom from beginning to end. He was so laid back and happy to accommodate us, in a way that most other venues weren't. His professionalism was apparent from the first meeting. Every time I called, a live person answered. Every email we sent was answered timely. Mike, our Maitre D', was phenomenal! He was so attentive, and all of our guests let us know well the Tides' staff treated them. And of course there is the food! Everything was delicious, especially (my favorite) the salmon. Your guests will be so full from cocktail hour they won't know what to do with themselves when dinner is served. All I can say is you cannot go wrong with The Tides! They really do make your dreams come true!

Sent on 04/28/2015

We got married 4/24/15 - Tom was the difference maker. He was always responding to my emails that my wife forced me to send and was just laid back about everything. He was more than accommodating. Mike was our Maitre D and he was on top of everything. All our guests had a blast and that was what we really wanted.

I got dragged to over 10 places and by that point didn't really care where we got married but in the end I am happy we decided on the Tides. If I had to do it again I would definitely choose them.

Sent on 04/29/2015

Kristen · Married on 12/20/2014

We had both our ceremony and reception at The Tides in December. After shopping around for venues (and having been a guest at many weddings in North Jersey over the years) we found The Tides to be in a class of its own. The price was amazing. We were quoted way more from all of the other venues we visited and most offered us way less and were way less beautiful. We were married in the new room downstairs and had our cocktail hour and reception in the downstairs rooms as well. Everything was perfect! We worked with Tom and Steve was our maitre'd and they were both wonderful! And even though it was way too big for our needs the new ballroom upstairs is absolutely gorgeous!

Sent on 01/02/2015

kristin · Married on 08/08/2014

Our wedding at The Tides Estate was truly a “Dream Come True”. We had an amazing experience working with Tom and he went out of his way to meet any needs we had. From start to finish the planning process was fun, easy, and stress-free. The food was delicious and cocktail hour was amazing. The renovations in the new crystal ballroom are absolutely gorgeous and everyone was blown away when they walked in. The grounds are excellent for photography! I cannot say enough about Mike, the Maître D and how great he was. My husband and I were catered to all night, always had a drink in hand, and anything we needed was taken care of. All of our guests raved about how much fun they had and how beautiful our wedding was. I would recommend this venue to anyone! Thank you for the best night of our lives! –Kristin and Tom

Sent on 09/07/2014

Germana · Married on 07/12/2014

My daughter had her ceremony and reception at the Tides. The staff, especially Steven, Tito, bartenders and waitress were extremely helpful, courteous, very obliging and made our night of celebration really, really fabulous. The food was astounding and my family and friends are still raving about the cocktail hour. It was so pleasurable for us and we were extremely satisfied with the Tides. Don't delay in booking your wedding reception at The Tides!

Sent on 07/24/2014

Vicky · Married on 05/08/2014

I just had my wedding last night at the the tides. I don't know about anyone else, but my wedding was beyond beautiful. From beginning to end, Tom, was there guiding us with everything. Every detail, every idea, anything I asked for I was never told no. The food was great!!!! I was able to have a stress free wedding night and anything that had to be done was done. They did renovations and the new crystal ballroom is beyond fantastic with it's cathedral ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. The cocktail room was gorgeous and our outdoor ceremony couldn't have been any more perfect. Phenomenal! Our maître Steven was the biggest sweet heart ever. He made sure that my husband and I were ok at all times. A drink always ready for us and always making sure that we were good to go. Thank you so much the tides. You in reality did make my dream wedding come true.

Sent on 05/09/2014
  • W

William A. · Married on 04/12/2014

The Tides Estates gave our Daughter and our new son in law their "Dream Come True" Wedding reception. Tom was wonderful to work with prior to the event, & was flexible to the couples' needs & wishes. The settings indoors & out are a photographer's delight, especially at night! We are a family of special needs & allergies, & the Tides Estate staff were so very careful; they were also friendly & professional. The Maître D' service was extraordinary, The lighting perfect, the seating elegant & spacious for our wedding of 130. The dance floor was ample & well situated. What can I say about the Cocktail Hour, it was great.
    The dinner served was timely & everyone loved their many choices.The cake came out beautiful! Ah, But the Venetian Dessert has to be seen (and tasted) to be believed; my relatives are still talking about it.
    I would highly recommend this Venue; the Bride & Groom will feel special & pampered at The Tides & we all agreed that we got a terrific venue at a more than reasonable price. many Thanks from Angelica's Parents!

Sent on 06/21/2014

Angelica · Married on 04/12/2014

People still talk about the food at our wedding reception! It was amazing! The Tides was incredibly accommodating, from the beginning of our planning, through the end of our wedding night! They included so many things in the package, including a cake from Belmont Bakery, and the linens.
    You cannot go wrong with this venue: the grounds and hall are beautiful for pictures, and the staff are just so friendly! What a great value! LOVE IT!!

Sent on 06/22/2014
  • User3195578 · 2+ years ago

Tito and the rest of the staff at The Tides were amazing!!!! They made our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/02/2014

The Tides is by far the greatest! I was the kind of Bride that wanted things booked and moving quickly without wasting too much time on meaningless stuff. The day I booked The Tides, I took care of the venue, linens, cake, ice sculpture, food, alcohol and service all in one shot! Tom and Tito (the two Managers) are incredible. They pretty much try and make any request happen. We had some desires that are a bit odd in the course of traditional weddings and they obliged each piece of our dream with a smile! Since we booked only 8 months before our date we actually got a great deal, too. With taxes and all the total was $100 per person. There's no way another venue, with the service and quality of food The Tides provides, can beat that price!

Sent on 12/04/2013

Kristie · Married on 11/14/2013

I don't even know where to start. If you are thinking of getting married at The Tides Estate....DO IT!!! I booked my wedding with Tito and did such an amazing job!!! He made sure that our guests had the most delicious food as well as the best service. Everyone raved about the food because of quality and quantity. The place itself is beautiful and I couldn't have imagined having our wedding anywhere else. It was a perfect day and I wouldn't be able to thank Tito enough! Our Maitre D was Mike and he went above and beyond on our special day to make sure everything was perfect. I was blown away by his attention and how he made sure we had everything we needed. I didn't worry about anything that day because that day was in the hands of The Tides Estate!

Sent on 01/09/2014