The Tides Estate Reviews

186 | Haledon, NJ

186 Reviews for The Tides Estate

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2017

I really don't even know where to begin with praising The Tides Estate ... we got married there in September 2017 and it was absolutely magical! My husband and I looked at 9 different venues after we got engaged, and when we walked into the Tides, our jaws actually dropped. The Ballroom, Cocktail Room and Grounds are incredibly impressive. The Ballroom is GORGEOUS and really unlike anything else I've seen, with high ceilings, floor to ceiling windows and a HUGE dance floor - which was a BIG selling point for us. The Cocktail Room is so spacious with plenty of seating and tables, and the Grounds were the perfect place to hold a reception and take photos. We recently got our pictures back, and the The Tides' Grounds served as a beautiful backdrop. Our guests RAVED about the venue and really felt that it was breathtaking.
    It was such a pleasure working with Tito throughout our whole wedding planning process. He is incredibly personable, and always got back to us with any questions or requests we had - we are going to miss him!! Mike was our Matire'D for the day/night, and waited on us and our families hand and foot - he really helped make the day seamless! In addition, the whole Tides staff were absolute professionals. We brought in A LOT of decorations and inventory, and everything was set-up perfectly!
    Last but definitely not least ... THE FOOD!! Not only is the Cocktail Hour Spread massive (and delicious), but we had many guests come up to us afterwards telling us that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. We really enjoyed the Tasting process leading up to the wedding as well.
    We got married on a Friday night, and it was in the same price range or LESS compared to other venue contenders we looked at. We really feel that we stumbled upon a pot of gold by choosing the Tides as our venue. It is a stunning place, and we truly had the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Mayra · Married on 08/13/2017

We booked our wedding at The Tides for August 13th. From the minute I pulled into the parking lot, I knew that this was going to be the place where we were to be married. We were greeted by Tito (he is the best of the best), and he gave us a tour of the place. We were in love with the venue. On our wedding day, the staff was very attentive and the service was incredible. We were married outside and the grounds were breathtaking. When our guests walked into the Crystal room many said they were in awe. Every single one of our guests loved loved loved the food and so did we. We were extremely happy with the venue and service at the Tides. Tito made the whole planning experience a breeze and was very accommodating to our needs and very flexible.

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/16/2017

The absolute best ! I knew the day I walked into the ball room I needed to have our wedding their. Tom made everythig easy from start to finsh and was always there to answer any questions ! Steve was our maitre'd the day of our wedding and he was amazing ! He made sure everything was perfect even if we didn't catch on to it ! He made the day go by perfectly! To top it off the food is delicious! People are still talking about ! We hope we can attend a wedding here soon ! Best place ever !

Sent on 08/16/2017
  • I

Ivana · Married on 07/06/2017

I can't say enough great things about The Tides Estate and their staff! They truly do make all your dreams come true! Our wedding was on 7/6/17 and we worked with Tom who was so easy to work with. We had met with several other venues and they seemed pushy and eager to seal the deal. Not when we met with Tom for the tour. He was nonchalant and answered any and all questions/concerns that we had! When the time came for my fiancé and I to decide on a venue, our heart was set on The Tides Estate. Reason being, Tom treated us exceptionally, their grounds outdoors are absolutely breathtaking, and we were able to have our reception in their new grand ballroom at a very reasonable price (all thanks to Tom!). Other places we looked into didn't offer us the main room. The Tides' grand ballroom is honestly the most beautiful ballroom we saw AND the up-lighting and spotlights are all included at no additional fee! Throughout the process Tom responded to my emails and any questions I had. Few days leading up to the wedding, we met with Tom to go over how we wanted the room set up and dropped off the favors, personalized flutes and cake cutter and cake topper. When we saw how everything had come together on our wedding day we were completely blown away and it was exactly what I had envisioned! Additionally, the service the day of the wedding was top notch. Our maitre d, Mike, was great and always there for anything and everything that we could possibly need. The food was also top notch as well! Lots of selections during cocktail hour and the main course dishes were great as well. The venetian hour for dessert was amazing too. Our cake was also included and they used an outside bakery for it (Belmont Bakery). Overall, I am one happy bride for having my dream wedding at The Tides Estate all thanks to Tom and the rest of the staff! My only regret was wishing the day could have lasted even longer. Thank you Tom and everyone at the Tides Estate!

Sent on 12/30/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/16/2017

We are so obsessed and in love with our wedding venue choice! Not only did they make every single one of my dreams come true but more than half of my 160 wedding guests told me that this was the best wedding they have ever been to! Tito managed our wedding day and Mike was our maitre'd and I couldn't have asked for a better team! Mike went out of his way with everything and literally took care of my husband and I like we were royalty! Everyone should have their wedding here!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Tara · Married on 05/19/2017

This venue is stunning; the driveway invites you in, the lobby has a beautiful chandelier and a grand piano, and the grand ballroom’s lighting can be customized to your wedding color(s). The guests raved about the quality and quantity of food at the cocktail hour, dinner, and the venetian hour; they were impressed with the aesthetics of the venue and the exceptional service they received. While the guests enjoyed cocktail hour, my husband and I took photos with the bridal party in the garden. I really appreciated how The Tides set up a private cocktail hour in the bridal suite so that we could spend some quality time with the bridal party before making our grand entrance down the ornate spiral staircase in the Grand Ballroom. The number of inclusions make this venue an incredible value: champagne greeting, customized printed menus, white glove service, valet parking, premium open bar, and hand carved ice sculpture to name a few. The banquet manager, Tom Austin, worked with us to plan the details of our wedding reception; he did an amazing job of bringing our vision to life. Mike, our Maitre'D, was on-point the entire night and anticipated our every need. Thank you Tom, Mike, and the entire staff at The Tides Estate! - Tara (Werner) and Paul Quagliato (May 19, 2017)

We requested amenities baskets for the ladies’ and gentlemen’s restrooms for our wedding on May 19, 2017 at the Tides Estate. I communicated with Samantha Jane Pollitzer, the invitation specialist at the Write Moment, by email and phone and provided her with the details of our wedding (date, time, and location). Samantha was personable and professional; she personalized the white wicker baskets with a royal purple ribbon (our wedding color) and a special message for our guests. We would like to thank Samantha and the Write Moment for adding such a special touch to our wedding celebration and for ensuring the comfort and convenience of our guests!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Rey · Married on 04/01/2017

Tom, Steve, and the entire staff of The Tides were absolutely unbelievable throughout the entire process! Tom was so easygoing and accommodating when we were booking our date all the way through to our wedding. His calm demeanor really made it feel like we were working with a friend instead of a vendor. Steve, our Maitre'd, couldn't have been more helpful in attending to me and my wife during the reception. The Tides has a saying when you enter, "Where Dreams Come True" and for us it truly was the case! Every one of our guests commented on how amazing the food during cocktail hour and the reception was, and how grand and impressive the ballroom was. Truly an unforgettable experience I couldn't recommend enough!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Elle · Married on 03/25/2017

We recently got married at the beautiful Tides Estate. They went above and beyond to far exceed our expectations! Besides the fact that the food is absolutely amazing, and the grand ballroom that we had is GORGEOUS, Tito and Mike made sure we were taken care of and happy from the minute we met them until the end of our wedding night. EVERYONE is still talking about how great it was! They nailed every detail! I had purchased a lot of my own little things and they made sure my vision came to life, EXACTLY the way I had envisioned it. I can't say enough for this venue, it was like a fairytale! I sincerly thank them for making our wedding magical.

Sent on 03/29/2017

We booked The Tides about a month ago and I couldn't be happier. I am so excited to have my wedding their Grand Ballroom (it is GORGEOUS, if you haven't seen it after the renovation, definitely check it out!)! So far the staff has been great (we have been working with Tom). Very accommodating and flexible, willing to work with us. I seriously cannot wait to have my wedding here! Expect another review in a year and a half :)

Sent on 08/04/2015
  • Alanna

Alanna · Married on 12/03/2016

5 stars is not good enough they deserve 100!! Tito and Mike, We will never be able to thank you guys for the most amazing day of our lives! Thank you Tito for being a fantastic person and helping us with every question we had along the way! And MIKE!! where do I even begin?! The second we arrived he made us feel so welcome, like we were family! He fluffed my dress for our outside pictures, by the time we went inside he had my special drink ready and literally held my drink for me to take sips in-between pictures! He was amazing all night I couldn't even believe it! if you are looking for venues with an amazing staff, amazing food, and makes you feel like you are the most special couple in the world, This venue SHOULD BE YOUR WEDDING VENUE!!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Diana · Married on 10/23/2016

From the onset, Tito and his team at the Tides were amazing. We were lucky to have found our date only 6 months in advance, and being based overseas, it wasn't always the easiest to ensure that things were progressing properly. The large ballroom at the estate is breathtaking, everything about it from the lighting, to the staircase to the grand windows was perfect. Tito was more than accommodating with any of our requests, and made sure that even the little things we wanted were addressed. Our Maitre D Mike was phenomenal and was always like 2 steps away the entire night. I would definitely recommend the Tides Estate to anyone looking to make their wedding reception an amazingly memorable one.

Robert and Diana - Oct 23,2016

Sent on 11/19/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

I just had my wedding at The Tides (10/15/16), we dealt with Tito the whole time who is by far amazing (highly recommend him). We had Mike as our maitre de and he went above and beyond for my husband and i, refilling drinks, making sure we were happy with everything that was going on.
    Everyone has since raved about the beauty of the place, as well as the service and food. Cocktail hour is ENDLESS and dinner is just as good (the swordfish is out if this world!!!)
    I HIGHLY recommend this place to everyone looking for an elegant and glamorous place with high ceilings and a stunning staircase. Everyone deserves to feel like a king and queen on their wedding, and they make sure of it! Thank u tito and mike for making our dreams come true, you guys are AMAZING!!!!
    Love,
    -The Russos

Sent on 10/24/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/18/2016

We had a perfect wedding at The Tides on September 18th. The Tides is elegant in a way that is not easily matched in often over-the-top North Jersey. The Tides provided wonderful service and an endless supply of delicious food at a reasonable price. We also had a beautiful ceremony in The Tides' lovely gardens. Tom was responsive and accommodating, and our maitre de Mike attended to our every need, making our wedding day easy.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Chris · Married on 09/17/2016

I couldn't imagine my Wife and I getting married at another venue. We worked with GM Tom who was fantastic. Anytime we had a question he was more than happy to help us out. We were able to sit down and have a beautiful tasting with our families so they could try the food, see the venue and experience the top notch service.
    At our rehearsal we were walked through everything as many times as we needed by Tom and he made sure everyone knew exactly what would happen when and where we needed to be.
    The morning of our wedding we met our Mater'd Mike. Mike was amazing. I really can't put it another way. He made sure we had everything we needed and more. He always made sure we had whatever we wanted to drink, he made sure we tried all of our delicious appetizers, he made sure we sat down for dinner!! (all of our friends and families were sure we would not have a chance to try our own food but we did and it was delicious!) and of course, Mike walked my wife and I through our Viennese hour before anyone else and made sure we tried all of the delicious desserts before anyone which was very special.
    Tom asked if we would like to have a private cocktail hour with whoever we wanted and we chose to do that. It was one of the best choices we made. Right after the ceremony we went to the beautiful bridal suite with our parents and bridal party and had drinks from our personal bartender and a sampling of every appetizer. It was the perfect time to take in the moment with our closest families before the reception began.
    The Tides provides table numbers, seating cards, a golden bird cage for cards, among many other accommodations.
    We had the most perfect wedding we could ever ask for and we constantly have friends and families raving about the delicious food, beautiful venue and how great of a time they had. Do yourself a favor and take a tour of the Tides, meet with Tom and see for yourself!

-Chris and Jessie (Married 9/17/16 at The Tides Estate)

Sent on 10/04/2016

prina · Married on 09/10/2016

This venue is gorgeous and was a perfect fit for our wedding! Tito and Mike were very helpful in making sure we were stress-free during the reception. We are grateful this memorable time shared at this beautiful venue :)

Sent on 09/28/2016

Miro · Married on 08/18/2016

The Tides is beautiful. My wedding came out as I pictured, lavish. Tom from the Tides was very helpful. If your looking for a beautiful venue to have your dream wedding, this is the place.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Lillian · Married on 08/13/2016

We had our wedding on January 9th at the main (upstairs room) Tides and I cannot stop talking about how unbelievable the service was. Tito, the manager, was an absolute pleasure to work with. We had no problems from beginning to end. From the second we arrived to the reception, we were greeted and treated like royalty. Steven, our maitre'd was super attentive and was very helpful. The Tides Estate surely made our dream wedding come true. Between the food, open bar, Viennese hour, and service, we are beyond grateful. Thank you Tito and staff!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Heather · Married on 07/16/2016

We had our July wedding in the upstairs Grand Ballroom at the Tides Estate this summer and it was amazing! They were professional and organized from the very beginning of our planning until the day of the event. Tito has everything mapped out for you and is very accommodating to what you might want/need for your big day. The cocktail hour area was huge and allowed our guests to enjoy inside and outside with an abundance of delicious food. The Grand Ballroom is ridiculously gorgeous!! We have amazing pictures from the ballroom, it has such a presence from the moment the doors open. Our maitre'de, Mike, was amazing! From the moment we stepped off our party bus he was by our side making sure we were being taken care of. During the party Mike was there with a fresh drink before I even finished the one I was holding and offering us anything we might need. The staff took care of every guest and was very professional. It was such an amazing night and I'm sad it's over! I highly recommend the Tides Estate for your wedding!!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Rebecca · Married on 07/15/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception in the Grand Ballroom at the Tides Estate, and there is no place we would have rather had it. The venue is absolutely gorgeous, and Tito and his staff were nothing but accommodating. All of the feedback we have gotten from our family and friends has been super positive as they loved everything about the place including the ballroom itself, food, service, location, and venue grounds. From the moment we stepped out of the limousine on the wedding day until the moment we left, Tito, Mike, and the rest staff dedicated all of their time and effort into making sure our night was as magical and memorable as it could possibly be, and they went out of their way to make sure we were satisfied and we had everything we needed. We have already recommended the Tides Estate to others who have gotten engaged, and we will continue to do so!!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Ashley Zuccato · Married on 07/10/2016

As my husband and I recently celebrated our one year anniversary this Monday, July 10th, I have yet to ever write a review last year for our wedding venue at The Tides, (just because we were super busy last summer and never got around to it)! But, now looking back at that special day a year ago, we know and still know that we made the right choice by choosing the Tides. It was everything and even more than I could ever have imagined in having my fairytale wedding here. It was honestly the most beautiful venue that I have ever been to, and we have been to a lot of weddings! From the beautiful grounds, the gorgeous ballroom, and to the excellent staff, not to mention working with an awesome, down to Earth manager, Tom, who was so accommodating, this place was by far the best in having a wedding at! I would highly recommend this venue! I'm so happy we get to relive our special day from the beautiful pictures and video that were taken at the Tides!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Kristyn · Married on 07/09/2016

I had my wedding on a Saturday night in the grand ballroom at the todes estate. Let me tell you, they do not lie when they say it's "where dreams come true." Tito and the entire tides staff was amazing! It was everything I wanted and more. The concierge took care of us from the moment we step off the bus to the very end making sure my husband and I and our families had whatever we needed at all times. Not only was the service great, but the food is out of this world!! Everything came to our guests hot and even when requests were made for food allergies they honored it. Everyone is still raving about our cocktail hour. I highly highly highly recommend the tides for your wedding day. Everything went so smoothly and my husband and I felt like a king and queen all day.

Sent on 07/12/2016

From the moment we walked into The Tide's we knew it was the right place for our wedding. The staff has been so helpful and relaxed. I never felt pressured or overwhelmed at any point. We also had a tasting because we wanted to be sure we liked the good before we booked. It was delicious! Our wedding is not until June 2016 but I could not be more excited and comforted knowing we are in great hands!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Shannon · Married on 06/18/2016

I have attended a wedding here about 6 months ago and just had my wedding here last night and I can't thank The Tides enough for an amazing event and exceeding expectations.

Both the wedding I attended and my own wedding were hosted in the main ballroom on the upper level, so this review is for those spaces.

Mike was an absolutely amazing maitre'd. He pretty much read our minds the entire evening. From the moment that we arrived and until we left, Mike was super attentive and took care of EVERYTHING. Literally. He just made sure we were having the best time ever.

People always remember drinks, food, and music (not part of this review).

Drinks - Mike made sure our cups were always full with whatever we wanted to drink. He would refresh our drinks at the table or would find us dancing or hanging out with guests and refill us then.

Food - Food was outstanding. Everyone raved about the cocktail hour and seated dinner. Typically mass produced banquet food is bad, but they do a really good job from beginning to end. Pro tip - order the salmon. Guests also loved the dessert Viennese hour. Mike actually escorted us into the dessert room before anyone else and made sure we sampled everything. He even arranged a little flambe show, which was impressive. Food was abundant and quality - our guests went out of their way to let us know how much they enjoyed everything.

The venue itself is stunning and impressed all of our guests. A lot of our guests went out of their way to let us know this was one of the best weddings they've been to. I highly recommend The Tides for your event.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Colleen · Married on 06/17/2016

The Tides was FANTASTIC! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding reception. From day one, Tito was super responsive and always answered our questions with patience and poise. During our wedding, our maitre'd Mike was on top of every detail and always two steps ahead of us - before we could even ask for a drink, Mike was right behind us with a fresh new cocktail. It was amazing. From the delicious cocktail hour to the stunning ballroom and viennese table, all of our guests had the best time and most importantly, so we did. It was the best day of our lives and it wouldn't have been the same without The Tides.

Sent on 10/23/2016
  • Ines

Ines · Married on 06/10/2016

From the day we walked in the door to inquire about The Tides Estate, Tito and their staff were beyond nice. I cannot thank The Tides enough for our amazing wedding. The maitre'd Mike was amazing and was always there to take care of anything we needed. He was constantly replenishing out drinks and taking care of everything from the moment we arrived to the time we left. Our shuttle was late and he even waited with us to make sure everything was okay. The cocktail hour food was beyond amazing and so much to choose from. Our guests kept complimenting the food. Mike made sure that everything that was at cocktail hour was also in our bridal suite. He made sure we ate and were satisfied before going down to cocktail hour. The food and service at the tides was impeccable. Everyone was so attentive and working hard. The Tides is a beautiful venue which made amazing pictures. Our guests were so impressed with everything about The Tides. You would not go wrong having your event here. The desserts were also amazing. My husband and I met at CrossFit and they had an ice sculpture made for us that was a barbell because that is what we wanted. They accommodated us to make sure we had the best wedding. Thank you guys so much! We already miss this day!! We recommend this place to anyone! Thank you guys over and over for an amazing wedding!!

Ines & Saro