The Tent Merchant Reviews

50 | Santa Barbara, CA

50 Reviews for The Tent Merchant

Melissa G. · Married on 11/16/2019

Great service and rentals

Everything was beautiful, the service was exceptional and all my rentals arrived as expected. We had no issues and highly recommend The Tent Merchant.

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly K. · Married on 09/01/2019

So easy to work with for beautiful rentals

We loved working with The Tent Merchant for our rentals. They did our dance floor, chairs and tabletop items and they did a beautiful job. We had a mixup with the pickup and the owner, Shareen, could not have been more lovely. She was responsive and helpful and I cannot recommend Tent Merchant enough!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 07/13/2019

Went Off without a Hitch!

From start to finish, working with The Tent Merchant for our wedding was a pleasure! Long-distance wedding planning is not an easy task but Lilly was absolutely wonderful in guiding me through my selections and had saint-like patience dealing with the many times I changed my mind and requested various quotes. Everything went off without a hitch and I know that wouldn't have been possible without their dedication to organization and professionalism!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Shauna T. · Married on 10/18/2018

Impeccable service, rentals and delivery!

As a wedding planner in Santa Barbara, I know that a rental company can make or break an event. Tent Merchant has exceeded my expectations on every event we have worked on together. Their showroom is spectacular, they accommodate my clients every step of the way, their delivery/install team works efficiently and the quality of their product is always spot on. I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in the Santa Barbara or Santa Ynez area!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Anna · Married on 05/25/2018

The service I received from Janet and her crew at The Tent Merchant was Top Notch! They were accommodating, flexible, professional, on time and worth every penny spent. The quality of the linens was wonderful, tables and chairs were clean and set up just as I wanted. I highly recommend this company for your next wedding or event! Thank you Tent Merchant, what a pleasure it was to do business with you!

Sent on 06/08/2018
  • Brooke

Brooke · Married on 05/05/2018

Recommended to us by our wedding planner, their rentals were exactly what we wanted. They basically provided all the tables, chairs, table settings, glasses, and extras for our wedding. Everything was clean & put together. Delivery and pickup were seamless.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Stefani · Married on 09/23/2017

The Tent Merchant provided our wedding linens and loveseat. The rentals were amazing and Joey was a pleasure to work with. She really went the extra mile to reach out to our planner to ensure we had the correct linen dimensions. They helped us bring our wedding vision to life. :) Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Josh · Married on 01/28/2017

John, Sherine and the entire Tent Merchant team was a dream to work with. Not only were all of our rentals high quality, they truly cared about making sure our Wedding was everything we wanted and went above and beyond working with us. They were always responsive to our questions over the phone, email or in person and made the setup a breeze!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Melanie · Married on 08/27/2016

The Tent Merchant provided the decor for my wedding last summer & everything turned out so beautifully. They have an amazing selection of everything you could possibly need to throw a fabulous wedding or any other sort of event. The prop house is such fun to wander through & see all the different creative little areas to get inspired. The staff is very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. My husband & I were so lucky to have their services for what was a truly amazing evening. So very thankful to John, Sherine & the rest of the crew.

Sent on 07/18/2017

The Tent Merchant was excellent from the moment I walked in their door without an appointment. They were friendly, engaging, and helpful from the getgo. They were incredibly prompt in getting me a quote and in addition they helped me make sure everything I needed was on the list. As I did my own organization until the day of, they acted like my assistant, assigning someone to me to be my go-to person. Lily responded to all my inquiries and multiple changes without skipping a beat. They were constantly reassuring and offered a mock up as well as a site visit before I even signed the contract. They were less expensive than the other local competitors, far more helpful and engaging, and I also found they had more interesting choices. It made the process enjoyable and exciting. They were also prompt for their arrival and pick up times and left the property impeccable.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Sonia · Married on 09/12/2015

The Tent Merchant is a value added vendor for event rentals. I love mixing in their beautiful inventory to our clients designs. I can highly recommend their items and service.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Heather · Married on 05/30/2015

Renting with the Tent Merchant was exactly what I hoped and expected. The rentals were well taken care of, promptly delivered, and set up exactly as discussed. Furthermore, they were incredibly communicative throughout the whole planning process, and were very understanding and receptive to changes. They were reasonably priced for the area, and had a fantastic variety of linens, chairs, furniture, and decor items to rent. I recommend going to their prop house to see the items in-person, as they are very friendly and willing to show you anything you'd like to see.

Sent on 07/25/2015

Maria · Married on 09/06/2014

Working with the Tent Merchant was easy and stress free. They did everything to be sure my wedding was perfect!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Akhila · Married on 08/09/2014

I don't been know where to start! John and the tent merchant team was amazing. Together with my planner Percy, John helped create his magnificent gorgeous space that made the Fess Parker, which is already a gorgeous venue, even more magical. His creative eye is amazing, and he helped me put together a space that was truly something out of my dreams. He was easy to work with, gave me the best prices, sent me the CAD worksheets showing the layouts, and helped make my dreams a reality.

Sent on 08/12/2014

The Tent Merchant provided all rentals for my rehearsal dinner, and August 9th Carpinteria wedding. We live out of town and made a couple of trips up to their Santa Barbara location to make decisions. Kirsten was amazing to work with! By the time we arrived my fiancé was losing steam from a long day of decision-making, and she made it quick and painless for both of us. They have a ton of great options for tables, chairs, china, silverware, dance floors, and more! We used the harvest tables for the head table (3 tables in a row) and it was beautiful! The white chiavari chairs were perfect on their rustic dance floor as well. The set up and tear down were painless. The men who arrived at our outdoor venue were very eager to make it exactly what we wanted... even after we had them adjust the exact placement of the dance floor about 3 times! :) I would recommend The Tent Merchant for ANY of your upcoming events!

Sent on 08/16/2014

Lemi · Married on 07/04/2014

The Tent Merchant provided the chairs, china, flatware, glassware and cocktail tables for our wedding. John, the owner, was delightful and easy going. The staff was always friendly and helpful. They answered any question we had regarding the rentals and were very accommodating to our indecisiveness. Everything went smoothly, even on the busy July 4th weekend. I strongly recommend them!

Sent on 08/13/2014

From the first time we visited the Tent Merchant the owners were helpful, professional and enthusiastic! As the wedding date grew closer they were patient with our changes and concerns and always tried to help us do things in a way that was economically favorable to us.

Sent on 07/07/2014

Virginia · Married on 04/12/2014

Had a wonderful experience with The Tent Merchant! They were a breeze to work with, even with an insanely complicated event such as a from-scratch wedding. From the bar to chandeliers, glasses and tables, TTM went out of their way to make us happy. They even ordered new blush glasses that would work well for our event. Don't hesitate, these guys are the best in town!

Sent on 04/22/2014

Kristen · Married on 09/22/2013

Having our wedding at a winery meant that we had to bring everything into the venue with us and the very thought of that was very stressful. Thankfully we worked with The Tent Merchant and they made it an easy and stress-free process. They have the most amazing collection of rental items and picking everything out was so much fun. They were able to work within our budget and suggested items that helped save us money that still delivered a wedding that our guests described as "something out of the movies." The staff was so friendly and helpful and we loved working with all of them. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend them at all!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Tent Merchant was absolutely wonderful! We worked with Kirsten and she was by far the most helpful, patient, positive vendor we worked with! In the hectic and stressful wedding planing process, she was someone we looked forward to working with. She helped us make our vision a reality and never made us feel rushed, always taking the time to work out every detail with us. Although Tent Merchant was a little more expensive then other vendors in the area, Kirsten and the Tent Merchant team made it well worth the additional cost..

Sent on 12/14/2013

Everyone at the Tent Merchant couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. They easily met all of our needs including delivery schedule and followed up to be certain we hadn't forgotten to include additional items that they knew would be needed. They also made appropriate suggestions regarding set up and lighting needs based on their familiarity with the outdoor venue we were using. All in all the Tent Merchant staff was very professional, caring and dedicated to making our event a success. It was a pleasure working with them.

Sent on 08/25/2013

We used the Tent Merchant for our wedding in July and loved working with them. They were very easy to work with and accommodated all of our changes and order updates. They thoroughly set up everything the day before the wedding and took great care in the work that they did. I would highly recommend them and would use them again.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Tent Merchant helped us with rentals for our rehearsal dinner as well as our wedding. They were incredibly easy to work with, very flexible and great communicators. This was the most stressful part of the planning for me, and they made it very simple and pointed us in the right direction. Quality was lovely and everything looked terrific on both days. Really great!!

Sent on 10/30/2013

The Tent Merchant had all the rentals we wanted and were very reasonable with their price. John was so patient with us when he met us at our wedding site (Firestone Vineyards in Los Olivos). He knew what core rentals we would be needing and was so very helpful with making sure we had what we needed and wanted. Then we went back to the showroom in Santa Barbara and made our detail selections. Again John was very patient with us in our selections, specifically when we were choosing our wine glasses as we were getting married at the vineyard, we knew the wine glasses were a big detail that we wanted to be perfect. We even changed our color selections after we left the showroom and the Tent Merchant team sent us napkin color samples in the mail as we lived three hours away. All the details were exactly how we imagined them.

All the rentals were delivered on time and arrived in perfect shape. We couldn't recommend them more. The Tent Merchant team made it easy for us to have a destination wedding without worrying about the details.

Sent on 11/09/2013

Alison · Married on 02/16/2013

We need to rent just about everything for our wedding, and the Tent Merchant delivered. We rented dishes, cutlery, glasses, linens, patio heaters, a dance floor, a bar and an amplified sound system (we DJ'd our own wedding using the sound system and a laptop).

We visited all the local rental companies one Saturday, and had the best experience with the Tent Merchant - even though we didn't have an appointment, they spent plenty of time showing us around and talking to us about our wedding. Since we had such a good feeling from them, we pretty much decided right away to do with them, and *then* they told us they would match their competitor's prices if they were lower! So amazing (as it turns out, their prices are very competitive so this didn't really make much of a difference).

They apparently delivered everything to our venue on time, and were able to clean up everything we rented in just about an hour (including disassembling the dance floor). The guys who came to pick everything up were also super friendly! A bunch of our guests were sort of drunkenly hanging around and generally getting in the way, but the Tent Merchant guys were so polite and understanding. We really appreciated it!

A side note - when we were talking to our caterers, they mentioned that the Tent Merchant is definitely at the top of their list in terms of rentals vendors to work with.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Tent Merchant, and if I ever throw need event rentals again, I'll definitely go with them!

Sent on 03/09/2013