The Stella Hotel & Ballroom Reviews

The Stella Hotel & Ballroom 3
The Stella Hotel & Ballroom 4

Annmarie · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Yes, Yes 100x Yes

Hiring the Stella Hotel and Ballroom for our reception was one of the easiest decisions during our wedding planning. After touring hall after hall and never feeling the spark, I met with Yvette and I knew that the Stella was the place for us! Yvette communicated openly and honesty about their expectations for the Stella and all their plans for the building once it was done. Even without seeing the fully finished product I knew that our day could not be done anywhere else. Yvette was a pleasure to work with during the booking process and I cannot wait to see how we are able to work together to make the wedding day perfect!!

Sent on 11/08/2018
  • Kim

Kim · Getting married on 06/13/2020

Stella hotel and ballroom

The Stella is just perfect. Beautifully remodeled and different size rooms to choose from to fit your needs. I also love that the wedding packages are all bundled together so there’s no hassles with worrying about the extras. The price is excellent for what you get. The staff is very friendly and courteous. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/18/2019

Taylor Moreland · Getting married on 12/28/2019

Dream come true!!

The Stella Hotel was the first venue my fiance and I looked at, we knew right away that it was our dream reception venue. This is a true ballroom with beautiful chandeliers that you don't see a lot these days. This venue gives off a historic feel and is in a perfect location in downtown Kenosha. Yvette was such a pleasure to work with and we are so excited for our big day!

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Reception/hotel

This is a brand new venue to downtown Kenosha. Yvette has been absolutely amazing and accommodating and I couldn’t be happier that I have decided to go with the Stella as our venue!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Melanie Heide · Married on 06/21/2019

Wedding reception

Beyond pleased with everything and everyone!!! Exceptional food and service. Our guests are still raving about it!! From the first meeting to post wedding day the staff was so helpful and wonderful. So very glad we were able to have our special day at the Stella, five stars all the way!!

Sent on 09/17/2019
    The Stella Hotel & Ballroom 5
    The Stella Hotel & Ballroom 6
    The Stella Hotel & Ballroom 7
    The Stella Hotel & Ballroom 8
  • Elise

Elise · Getting married on 10/19/2019

My partner and I worked with Yvette to plan our wedding before The Stella was completely finished being renovated. She was so reassuring and very flexible and open to working with us to make our vision possible. As the building was not finished yet, Yvette was wonderful about keeping in touch with us and providing us with exciting updates and pictures of the space. I would highly recommend Yvette and The Stella to anyone looking to host an event in a unique building with lots of character and history. She truly helped ease our stresses about finding the perfect wedding reception venue.

Sent on 10/07/2018
  • erin

erin · Married on 06/01/2019

2.0
      3.0

We were the first wedding at this beautiful venue!

My husband and I were the first wedding reception at the Stella Hotel and Ballroom on June 1, 2019. We kind of like to think of our wedding a bit like the first pancake-- as the Stella was still figuring things out as we went through the wedding planning process together.

Overall it was a beautiful day and the dedicated and passionate staff worked so hard to make sure everything was set up and perfectly and made sure our guests had a great time--and they certainly did. We heard only positive things and it was a really great celebration. We have to say Danielle was amazing to work with on our actual big day. She took care of everything. It was the journey leading up to the day and a little after that were not always so perfect.

-The ballroom at the Stella is beautiful we had 180 guests and there was enough space for every table to feel comfortable.

-The food was amazing--we got rave reviews and Chef and his banquet team worked with us on an awesome and delicious menu. They were also great when working with guests dietary preferences, restrictions, and allergies. We loved being able to bring in our own dessert too. It was perfect.

-The drinks were great and the selection fabulous. We had 2 custom cocktails our guests loved.

-The hotel staff was great to work with as well and the rooms are lovely. As half our guests were coming from out of town the Stella kept increasing the amount of rooms in our block to make sure everyone had a place to stay. That was very generous and helpful.

-Catherine, Danielle, and Yvette were all great to work with in person and were really kind to do few extra tours with us so we could bring our photographer in and my mom in to see the venue before the wedding day.

We really can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else, but we had a few issues. Before we signed our contract Yvette got back to us quickly, after we signed that was not the case. While planning we often had to wait at least a week between emails, if not more, to hear answers to questions or had to ask multiple times and take the communication lead. It was also clear that not all information was getting where it needed to be. The team at the Stella would decide something, but not tell us, or we would tell one staff member something, but it wouldn't get to the person who actually needed the information.

It was incredibly frustrating. After we passed along our vendor information and made introductions (so they could arrange set up/delivery etc) we heard the same thing from a few of our vendors--that the staff was hard to get a hold of.

Two family members hosted a Sunday morning breakfast/brunch the day after the wedding and said the same thing that Stella staff members were difficult to get a hold of and had poor communication. That was another disappointment to hear.

In addition to all of this they figured out our bill incorrectly (switching over to a new payment system) and came back to us two weeks later letting us know we owed them more money--even though before our wedding we asked several times for a final bill to make sure this was all taken care of ahead of time--they told us it was. This was a surprise we found out later it actually was not. We wanted to pay them what was owed, but coming back to us later when they told us our bill was paid in full was completely unprofessional.

Overall it was a perfect day and every staff member was so kind, dedicated, and helpful in making sure everything went smoothly. My husband and I both think with a little more time, experience, and events the Stella will have communication, coordinating, and planning down to a science. Our only recommendations right now would be that any couple planning a wedding here (as the Stella gains experience) would be: arrange in person meetings--we found these to be clearer and quicker than email when working with staff, get things in writing, and make sure you're on top things so there are no surprises.

We expect only great things from the Stella and the staff over the next few years and we thank everyone for working with us!

Sent on 06/18/2019