The Society Room of Hartford Reviews

161 | Hartford, CT

161 Reviews for The Society Room of Hartford

161 The Society Room of Hartford Reviews

Emily · Married on 10/07/2018

We had gone to a lot of venues searching for the right one. When we went to the Society Room we fell in love. It is an absolutely beautiful venue, we had not seen anything like this before. We fell in love. We had our meeting with Melissa, who was so professional and so nice. We ended up booking for our September 9th wedding the next day. Through the whole process Melissa was amazing. Any questions I had (even the silly ones) were answered right away. We love that they do a tasting for the booked couples. The food was phenomenal. We were able to make our food choices because we had tasted everything. I also had a request that no pork be served and it was no issue to modify the harvest table to remove the pork. Our next meeting/walk thru was with Melissa and Desmond, and they were both amazing. We walked through everything, they took inventory of all of the items we brought (décor and candles). We were also having specialty desserts and they said that was no problem. Working with the professional staff at the Society Room just made this stressful time so much easier. We knew we were in good hands.
    Our wedding went perfectly, Desmond had everything handled, he made sure everything went smoothly. The food, the venue, the staff, all just amazing.
    Thank you to everyone as the Society Room who works so hard to make such wonderful events for anyone who books. A special thank you to Melissa and Desmond, who are such professionals who know their jobs so well. You were delights to work with.

• O

Olga · Married on 08/25/2018

From start to finish, everything about Society Room of Hartford was just perfect. The setting itself is absolutely stunning - the elegant ceiling, the big windows, the beautiful decor. We knew when we walked in that this place just felt different - the sense of history and character were truly unique. But a good venue is more than just the setting - and the staff is where Society Room truly differentiates. They were so organized and responsive - I had dozens of questions in the lead-up to the big day, and they helped plan the truly perfect day for us. There was no detail they didn't think of, and I knew we were in great hands. The night of the wedding, they ensured everything flowed smoothly and that my husband and I, our families, and all our guests were taken care of. Couldn't have found a more perfect venue!

Tara · Married on 08/18/2018

Our expectations were exceeded and I don’t think we could have asked for a better reception! Staff leading up to the reception, especially Melissa (our coordinator) and my bridal attendant, who’s name was also Melissa, were amazing. Food was wonderful and they accommodated a few “picky” guests very easily. Having the cocktail hour upstairs overlooking the reception room was beautiful. Hope we could attend a wedding there at some point!

The Society Room of Hartford 1
    The Society Room of Hartford 2

Liz · Married on 08/17/2018

Best place for a wedding, I can't imagine getting married any place else. This place is elegant and sophisticated. Dez and the crew made my wedding day perfect. Thank you all!

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2018

Excellent service and besutiful venue! Would recommend to anyone looking for a venue! Our families said our wedding/reception set the bar!

Stacey · Married on 06/02/2018

Can't say enough good things about the Society Room! Everything from start to finish was amazing. Jillian was super helpful in getting us all set up from the day, sending reminders and suggestions on what needs to get done. The day of event was amazing. Everything was super smooth and stress-free. The staff sets up and cleans up all your decorations so you can enjoy the day. You even get a personal assistant to bring you drinks. Your guests will be wowed as you come down the spiral staircase. We are still getting compliments from guests on how the venue was, from it's beauty to the food. Have you reception here and you won't be disappointed. It was really a classy event.

Tim · Married on 06/01/2018

We were extremely happy with our choice to pick the Society Room. They were very helpful and patient from the planning stages through our wedding day. Everything went off without a hitch which was good since we were the ones getting hitched. Melissa and Jillian were great to work with and Desmond and Cecilia made sure we were taken care of the entire night of our wedding. Our guests had a great time and complimented the food and service. I would highly recommend the Society Room for any event.

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2018

We were very impressed with how everyone involved with the Society Room handled our wedding. Everything went perfect and couldn't have asked for anything better!

Alison · Married on 05/18/2018

The Society Room's entire staff was wonderful. We particularly enjoyed working with Jillian, who responded quickly to any question large or small. We received many compliments from our guests and had a wonderful experience ourselves. The entire wedding ran smoothly. I would recommend this venue without any hesitation!!

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

The Society Room is what made our wedding so special. The building/room speaks for itself, it was gorgeous and a month later our guests are still raving about our choice of location. The staff was incredible every moment leading up to our event and on the night of the event. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and can't possibly recommend The Society Room enough!

Laura · Married on 04/28/2018

Booking the Society Room was - hands down - the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. I had attended a work event there before getting engaged and as soon as I entered the space, I knew that I was going to have my wedding reception there. The space itself is breathtaking and the quality of the food and service was unreal. I loved that the space did not need a ton of additional decorating and the entire team at the Society Room went above and beyond to make sure that every guest was accommodated. Many of our guests said that the food at our reception was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding. Jillian and the other members of the planning team responded amazingly quickly to any question that I had (and there were lots!). All in all, I would recommend the Society Room to any couple looking for an amazing atmosphere and outstanding service!

Cara · Married on 03/31/2018

Our wedding was this past weekend and we had the BEST time! It seems like most couples don't get to enjoy their wedding that they've spent so much time, $$ and effort planning -- not true at The Society Room! Melissa and Cecilia were fabulous. Every part of the day was executed perfectly, our guests had a great time and we also got to enjoy and have fun. I can't say enough about the food, venue and service, so I'll let the stars speak for themselves.

I give the value 5/5 because we had a brunch wedding. We paid for the wedding ourselves and had a limited budget ( >$20K) and still got the incredible Society Room experience for our 120 guests while saving a fortune! It was also a fun way to change it up for our guests... who doesn't love brunch, bloody marys and mimosas?! Our amazing DJ John Saville was able to get everyone pumped up and on the dance floor despite the sun streaming in on a bright afternoon. (Added bonuses: A brunch wedding inspired us to have a donut wall which everyone LOVED, and, there was so much natural light all day which resulted in beautiful photos.)

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2017

The Society Room is the perfect place to get married! The entire process was stress free. Throughout the year we worked with Melissa who was absolutely fantastic. She was prompt to respond to any of our questions and worked with us to make the day ours. The night of our wedding ran so smoothly! The staff was so fun and accommodating, we never felt rushed and we had plenty of time to eat! Our personal attendant Jonna made sure we were taken care of the whole night. She made sure we had drinks, that we ate, and kept us on schedule. She did the thinking for us so we could enjoy the night. I would highly recommend the Society Room :)

Debbie · Married on 10/20/2017

The staff at the Society Room truly made my daughter's wedding absolutely magical!! The venue was beautiful and the staff was there for every detail.

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

We absolutely had the best experience with The Society Room. Kirsten, their Wedding Sales Manager, was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful from start to finish. She remained present during the entire process by responding quickly to questions and ensuring follow-up. The process was very organized, which made planning a huge event much easier. Kirsten and staff were very helpful the week leading up to the wedding with closing the loop. They took great care of us the day of the wedding providing drinks and food as needed. The venue was gorgeous and timeless. Many wedding guests complimented the food stating it was one of the best dinners they have had. Overall, I cannot say enough to describe how wonderful our experience was.

Victoria · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I got married at the Society Room on 11/17/17 and it was incredible!! The whole evening went so perfect and all because the Society Room of Hartford staff was is a well oiled machine! I cannot say enough nice things about Melissa, Celia, and Desmond. They think of everything! Beautiful decor, amazing service, and friendly staff make the Society Room an amazing place to get married! I would highly recommend to anyone planning on having a wedding!

The Society Room of Hartford 3
    The Society Room of Hartford 4
    The Society Room of Hartford 5

Elizabeth · Married on 08/26/2017

This venue far exceeded any expectations that I had! I worked with Melissa throughout the entire planning process, communicating with her weekly. She answered every email within 24 hours, a lot of time much sooner than that, and was always extremely helpful. She was detail oriented and went above and beyond to work with me through everything. She executed my vision perfectly. On the day of our wedding, things could not have gone more smoothly. Jonna was our point person for the day; she helped us stay on schedule, provided apps and drinks to the bridal party in our suite, and was there at every point of the evening to make sure we had what we needed. The food was soooo amazing, from the apps to the entrée, everything was so delicious. I wish I could have taken a doggie bag home with me. Dom and Wayne were the coordinators for the evening and made everything go off flawlessly.

So many guests complimented the food and beauty of the venue. Multiple people said that it was the best wedding that they had ever been to.

Emily · Married on 07/01/2017

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. We worked with Kirsten who was SO on her game and absolutely perfect. The food was absolutely spectacular, our guests couldn't stop raving about how unique and beautiful the venue was, and our bridal attendant was a life saver. The best part for me was that all we had to do was show up - there was not one thing we had to do the weekend of the wedding - they have everything exactly as it should be. We even had a hiccup with a vendor before the reception that the operations team took care of before we even got there and we never even knew it happened. I will recommend this to any and every bride and groom - you will not regret your decision if you choose the Society Room. I wish I could relive it again and again.

Katelyn · Married on 06/17/2017

It has been so busy over the past year and a half planning for our June 17, 2017 wedding! My husband and I got engaged on December 15, 2015 and on December 26, we visited The Society Room and booked the venue the very next day! We decided to have a Saturday afternoon wedding and it could not have been more perfect! We were able to tour the venue with Jim who was extremely knowledgable and welcoming. Over the next year and a half, Kirsten and Jillian were behind every frantic email i had sent them! In the past few months, Jillian received a new job with the same company and Melissa took her position. All of the ladies were wonderful and so responsive. Besides the wedding, the next best thing was most certainly the mock wedding!! It was just as beautiful as a real wedding and what could be better than trying every single food The Society Room serves?! In the end, our wedding was made perfect by Cecilia and Wayne who made sure everything went smoothly and the day was perfect! Our bridal attendant was also amazing and it seems as if she was always right next to me when I needed something! Thank you Society Room staff for making my fairytale wedding dream come true!127

Clare · Married on 06/17/2017

If you are looking for the wow factor, then the Society Room is it. My husband and I had our reception at The Society Room and everything was amazing! All of our guests were wowed by the venue! The food was also delicious! We highly recommend The Society Room for your next event!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/28/2017

The Society Room is one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen. We had the most prefect wedding. The food was incredible, the service was outstanding. The staff, especially Kirsten was amazing. I wish I could go back and relive that day again. Choosing the Society Room you will not have to worry about a single thing the entire day, they took care of everything, even helping me with things I never would have thought of. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!

Courtney · Married on 05/20/2017

From the first time we met Kirsten and the rest of the team at The Society Room of Hartford, we were blown away by their expertise, service and ability to work with our vision for our wedding. I’ll admit, we were a little difficult when insisting on a few parts of our wedding. With grace and aplum, the team at Society Room accommodated every single request they possibly could, going above and beyond when it came to pre-booking communications, concessions from their kitchen and service team, everything was the absolute top tier of service. And the venue… what an incredible, unique, elegant, opulent, awe-inspiring space! We had 180 guests at our wedding, so we put the younger folks on the second floor and they all came down to dance after dinner and the rest of our guests fit very comfortably on the first floor with a 7 piece band and large dance floor. We missed most of our cocktail hour but snuck a peak at the setup while we were taking photos and again, above and beyond what was discussed as the vision, they took everything to the next level and exceeded expectations at every turn. We had a server attend to us the entire night, and service for all our guests seemed smooth, courteous and plentiful. My husband works in the restaurant industry, so food was of major importance to him when it came time to plan our wedding. The open house evening where we were allowed to taste all their hors’ d’ouevres and many of their entrees was such a smart, unique way to invite all brides and grooms for the upcoming season to try the food, and see the space set up for an actual wedding to help initiate ideas about how our reception would look. All the food was delicious! Kirsten and Melissa were with us every step of the way. They answered emails immediately, were creative to make sure my wedding vision came to life perfectly, and addressed all of my concerns thoroughly. We were both looking for a transformative space to celebrate with our loved ones. We found that here!

Camille · Married on 04/08/2017

We recently had our reception at the Society Room and were extremely satisfied with everything there! First of all, the decor is just stunning. So much character and elegance. Our guests kept raving about it. Second, the price was right and included the wedding cake, which just made things that much easier. Third, every single person who dealt with us from the Soceity Room was so helpful, personable, understanding, patient and accommodating. They were so organized and detail-oriented which is just what every bride needs to guide her through the process. They all made things so seamlesss. Fourth, my other vendors were extremely familiar with the Society Room. They also felt comfortable asking the staff questions directly, without me having to be the middle person. Again, it made everything so easy! Fifth, the food was delicious. My husband is a foodie and he loved everything! I would highly recommend this venue for any event. Wish we could re-live our reception there!

Gina · Married on 03/25/2017

Our wedding was at The Society Room on March 25th and it was absolutely AMAZING! The staff there made the planning process so easy and took care of everything for us. They were so kind and made us feel like royalty! All of our guests were floored by how beautiful the venue is and how delicious the food was. They still can't stop talking about how great it was! I always thought an experience like this would be way out of our budget, but The Society Room makes it affordable by including the food, open bar, and even cake in the price per head. That really helped us save on vendors and know what we were spending upfront. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was!

Sara · Married on 03/24/2017

Literally the best venue that we could have picked. We wanted something that was slightly more all inclusive, as I was busy applying to vet school while planning a wedding. No hidden costs, everything was up front and honest. The Society Room made the planning a breeze, and they were extremely accommodating with all of our requests. We made our own complicated centerpieces, and the Society Room let us bring them a day before the event, so we wouldn't have to stress about taking them in the day of. Not only was it affordable, but the food was AMAZING. So many guests came up to me saying it was the best wedding food they'd had. Everyone had an amazing time, and a lot of the guests commented on how gorgeous and well done the ceremony and reception was (we had our ceremony at the Society Room as well). Everything went smoothly, and we were extremely happy with how everything went. I would recommend the Society Room ten times over, hands down. You can't beat the price, the location was awesome (so many hotels within walking distance), the staff was helpful and professional, and they do an amazing job. Also, the venue itself is drop dead gorgeous. You can't lose with the Society Room!