The Society Room of Hartford Reviews

The Society Room of Hartford 6
The Society Room of Hartford 7

Kimberly Chan · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Society Room Venue

We toured the Society Room as a possible venue for our wedding and loved it! Traci was very accommodating, thorough and transparent. She was able to answer all our questions and toured us around each room. She even sent follow up emails with documents I had requested. The space is stunning with options for several rooms and bars. The ornate decor adds to the aesthetics of the room. Initially we were hesitant about the split level balcony for a larger party but after learning more about their operations it was no longer a concern. Society Room was a strong option but unfortunately they were booked the date we were interested in.

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Priscilla

Priscilla Pedrosa · Married on 05/25/2019

A Dream come true place!

Everything was amazing,the atmosphere is beautiful, the staff was very nice and helpful. OMG compliments to the chef, the food was delicious, I wish they have a restaurant, just to come back and eat.
    From the beginning to the end everything was amazing,a dream come true!
    Thank you all so much!
    I

Sent on 06/12/2019
    The Society Room of Hartford 8
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn · Married on 03/15/2019

Our wedding day!

The society room of Hartford was absolutely amazing. From the beginning Traci was always available when we needed her. She was very thorough and made sure we would have everything we wanted and needed day of and also touched base with the other vendors. The coordinators Cecilia and Desmond were amazing. They made sure everything ran smoothly. We also had a bridal attendant named johnna who was the sweetest most awesome person. She was there whenever We needed something as well. The bridal suite and grooms cottage were comfortable. They always made sure we had refreshments and hors d’oeuvres. During our plated dinner the food came out hot. All of our guests said everything was beautiful and the food was awesome. The waitstaff made sure our guest were comfortable. Only complaint is they don’t serve shots and they don’t offer vendors the hors d’oeuvres. Other than that the society room treated us like royalty and we didn’t have to lift a finger or worry about a thing. So grateful and happy for the experience we had.

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 02/22/2019

Just amazing!

The Society Room of Hartford really made our dreams come true! First off, the venue is gorgeous; from the impressive ceilings and fixtures to the hidden vault, this place is stunning. Perhaps more importantly, the staff is phenomenal and easy to work with. Any time we called, they were always available to answer our questions and provide suggestions to make our day run as smoothly as possible. For example, we were unable to make the date of the tasting, but they provided us with a private tasting session at our convenience.
    On the night of, the coordinators kept us on schedule and well fed (and the food was delicious!) all night long.
    Since the wedding, we have had rave reviews about how amazing the venue was from our guests, and how they had never been to anything like it. Overall, I can't recommend The Society Room highly enough!

Sent on 05/11/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 02/09/2019

Fun and Informative Team with a great backdrop for a wedding!

I'm so glad we chose the Society Room! We received so many compliments about how gorgeous and unique the actual venue was and on the food! I was nervous about planning a wedding from out of state but there was no need! Melissa, Desmond, and Jonna were all extremely professional and helpful. Melissa was the coordinator before the big day and answered any and all of our questions which was fantastic! Desmond and Jonna were there for us on THE DAY and were everywhere! They worked very hard to make sure we had fun and we did!! So thanks! They also gave us pointers on what to expect and I especially appreciated Desmond's advice of not to look at the officiant during the ceremony! Our pictures of the ceremony look awesome because we were staring at each other not the officiant!! Jonna made sure I had everything I needed! We had last minute changes to things at the final meeting and Melissa and team were extremely accommodating! Overall it was the little things they did or helped with that really made our day! What a great professional team! Well done!

Sent on 03/03/2019
    The Society Room of Hartford 9
  • Sharon

Sharon Aston · Married on 01/19/2019

Beautiful Venue

We had a wonderful experience, the Society Room is just beautiful the staff is so accommodating, and did everything to our specifications. The service is great and they are very into catering to their guests with dietary needs also, the food was like a meal at a 5 star restaurant, our guests are still talking about the reception my daughter's wedding was July 20,2019, and if we had to do it all over we wouldn't have it any other place!

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Farrah

Farrah Duffany · Married on 01/05/2019

"The best wedding we've ever been to."

I knew I wanted to get married at The Society Room before I was even engaged. The charm of the building and romantic feel was exactly everything I had dreamed of. It’s such a beautiful, hidden gem right downtown. When I got engaged last year, we booked that as our first place to tour venues. After that, no other venues we saw compared, so we chose to get married there January 5, 2019. Not only was the architecture gorgeous, but the service was top notch. Melissa did an amazing job of guiding us through the wedding-planning-process and helping us with every little question we had. With a 210-person wedding we needed all the help we could get. One of the best parts of the planning process was the grand tasting event 8 months before our wedding where they let you try EVERYTHING on the menu before you choose your own menu-even down to the wines you wanted to serve. We loved that. Our guests RAVED about the food the day of the wedding, and after, saying they had so many different and fun food options. On the day of the wedding, Cecelia and Desmond (the director of operations) took over and everything was flawless. All the decorations were put in place perfectly and anything we needed, we got with no questions asked. At one point, I even asked for pliers because my bustle wasn’t staying together and they had those, and a needle and thread ready just in case. It really felt like we were royalty for a day! Guests have been saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to (I might be partial) but I agree! I hope I’m able to return as a guest again some day.

Sent on 01/15/2019
    The Society Room of Hartford 10
    The Society Room of Hartford 11

The Society Room of Hartford's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review, Farrah!
    We are happy to hear you enjoyed the tasting and that your guests RAVED about the food. We make it our mission to ensure our couples feel special. It is your wedding day and you should definitely feel like royalty. We would love to see you as a guests at one of the events here! :) Let us know if we can be of more assistance to you.
    All Our Best,
    The Society Room

Michelle Russillo · Married on 11/24/2018

Elegant and beautiful venue

The Society Room is by far the most beautiful and elegant venue in the Hartford area. My daughter and I looked at several wedding venues, and when we walked in to the Society Room, we both looked at each other, and nodded with approval. We were sold at that point. The food, bar , staff and service were excellent. They were very accommodating from start to finish. The wedding ceremony was also there, and was beautiful as well. If you are getting married and want elegance and beauty, look no further. I assure you that no venue will compare to the Society Room!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

The Society Room of Hartford's reply:

It is alway awesome when couples leave us review, but it is more amazing when parents leave us feedback as well.

Michelle, thank you for the kind words. We had fun working with you, your daughter and her fiance on throughout the planning process!!

All Our Best,
    The Society Room

Jacqueline · Married on 11/24/2018

Gorgeous Space, Great Staff

I am so happy we chose Society Room as our venue. It's a classic and timeless space, and everyone can't stop talking about how gorgeous it was. Working with the coordinators at Society Room was seamless and easy; they were professional and communicated everything very clearly. The night of the wedding couldn't have gone better. There were no issues or hiccups, everything went as planned. We had the absolute best night and we would definitely recommend Society Room if you're looking for an unforgettable and stunning venue for your wedding!

Sent on 12/06/2018

The Society Room of Hartford's reply:

Thank you Jackie & Joe for hosting your wedding with us!! We are happy to hear you and your guests had a wonderful time. The team here at The Society Room is excited to hear the great feedback and you're right, the building is classic. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to reach out. -The Society Room

Emily · Married on 10/07/2018

We had gone to a lot of venues searching for the right one. When we went to the Society Room we fell in love. It is an absolutely beautiful venue, we had not seen anything like this before. We fell in love. We had our meeting with Melissa, who was so professional and so nice. We ended up booking for our September 9th wedding the next day. Through the whole process Melissa was amazing. Any questions I had (even the silly ones) were answered right away. We love that they do a tasting for the booked couples. The food was phenomenal. We were able to make our food choices because we had tasted everything. I also had a request that no pork be served and it was no issue to modify the harvest table to remove the pork. Our next meeting/walk thru was with Melissa and Desmond, and they were both amazing. We walked through everything, they took inventory of all of the items we brought (décor and candles). We were also having specialty desserts and they said that was no problem. Working with the professional staff at the Society Room just made this stressful time so much easier. We knew we were in good hands.
    Our wedding went perfectly, Desmond had everything handled, he made sure everything went smoothly. The food, the venue, the staff, all just amazing.
    Thank you to everyone as the Society Room who works so hard to make such wonderful events for anyone who books. A special thank you to Melissa and Desmond, who are such professionals who know their jobs so well. You were delights to work with.

Sent on 09/22/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing food, incredible ambiance!

Everything about The Society Room was perfect for our wedding! We knew on the first meeting with Melissa that this is the place we wanted to get married. We were planning a wedding from out of state, and Melissa and everyone at The Society Room made the process so incredibly easy. They were more than flexible with our schedules and last minute changes to meeting times. The planning process was seamless, they even helped me shape my vision for the wedding day when I wasn't able to make decisions. I had some last minute allergies come up the day before the wedding and without hesitation they were able to change those meals for my guests. The wedding day was perfect. My husband and I each had an attendant who always made sure we had a drink if we wanted it and reminded us to eat. My guests had an incredible time and can't stop talking about how AMAZING the food is! If you're looking for a venue that will take away the stress of wedding planning and has superb service and amazing food with an incredible ambience, The Society Room is for you!

Sent on 10/29/2018
  • O

Olga · Married on 08/25/2018

From start to finish, everything about Society Room of Hartford was just perfect. The setting itself is absolutely stunning - the elegant ceiling, the big windows, the beautiful decor. We knew when we walked in that this place just felt different - the sense of history and character were truly unique. But a good venue is more than just the setting - and the staff is where Society Room truly differentiates. They were so organized and responsive - I had dozens of questions in the lead-up to the big day, and they helped plan the truly perfect day for us. There was no detail they didn't think of, and I knew we were in great hands. The night of the wedding, they ensured everything flowed smoothly and that my husband and I, our families, and all our guests were taken care of. Couldn't have found a more perfect venue!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Tara · Married on 08/18/2018

Our expectations were exceeded and I don’t think we could have asked for a better reception! Staff leading up to the reception, especially Melissa (our coordinator) and my bridal attendant, who’s name was also Melissa, were amazing. Food was wonderful and they accommodated a few “picky” guests very easily. Having the cocktail hour upstairs overlooking the reception room was beautiful. Hope we could attend a wedding there at some point!

Sent on 09/01/2018
    The Society Room of Hartford 12
    The Society Room of Hartford 13

Liz · Married on 08/17/2018

Best place for a wedding, I can't imagine getting married any place else. This place is elegant and sophisticated. Dez and the crew made my wedding day perfect. Thank you all!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Michelle · Married on 06/22/2018

Excellent service and besutiful venue! Would recommend to anyone looking for a venue! Our families said our wedding/reception set the bar!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Stacey · Married on 06/02/2018

Can't say enough good things about the Society Room! Everything from start to finish was amazing. Jillian was super helpful in getting us all set up from the day, sending reminders and suggestions on what needs to get done. The day of event was amazing. Everything was super smooth and stress-free. The staff sets up and cleans up all your decorations so you can enjoy the day. You even get a personal assistant to bring you drinks. Your guests will be wowed as you come down the spiral staircase. We are still getting compliments from guests on how the venue was, from it's beauty to the food. Have you reception here and you won't be disappointed. It was really a classy event.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Tim · Married on 06/01/2018

We were extremely happy with our choice to pick the Society Room. They were very helpful and patient from the planning stages through our wedding day. Everything went off without a hitch which was good since we were the ones getting hitched. Melissa and Jillian were great to work with and Desmond and Cecilia made sure we were taken care of the entire night of our wedding. Our guests had a great time and complimented the food and service. I would highly recommend the Society Room for any event.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2018

We were very impressed with how everyone involved with the Society Room handled our wedding. Everything went perfect and couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Alison · Married on 05/18/2018

The Society Room's entire staff was wonderful. We particularly enjoyed working with Jillian, who responded quickly to any question large or small. We received many compliments from our guests and had a wonderful experience ourselves. The entire wedding ran smoothly. I would recommend this venue without any hesitation!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

The Society Room is what made our wedding so special. The building/room speaks for itself, it was gorgeous and a month later our guests are still raving about our choice of location. The staff was incredible every moment leading up to our event and on the night of the event. I couldn't have asked for a better experience and can't possibly recommend The Society Room enough!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Laura · Married on 04/28/2018

Booking the Society Room was - hands down - the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. I had attended a work event there before getting engaged and as soon as I entered the space, I knew that I was going to have my wedding reception there. The space itself is breathtaking and the quality of the food and service was unreal. I loved that the space did not need a ton of additional decorating and the entire team at the Society Room went above and beyond to make sure that every guest was accommodated. Many of our guests said that the food at our reception was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding. Jillian and the other members of the planning team responded amazingly quickly to any question that I had (and there were lots!). All in all, I would recommend the Society Room to any couple looking for an amazing atmosphere and outstanding service!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Cara · Married on 03/31/2018

Our wedding was this past weekend and we had the BEST time! It seems like most couples don't get to enjoy their wedding that they've spent so much time, $$ and effort planning -- not true at The Society Room! Melissa and Cecilia were fabulous. Every part of the day was executed perfectly, our guests had a great time and we also got to enjoy and have fun. I can't say enough about the food, venue and service, so I'll let the stars speak for themselves.

I give the value 5/5 because we had a brunch wedding. We paid for the wedding ourselves and had a limited budget ( >$20K) and still got the incredible Society Room experience for our 120 guests while saving a fortune! It was also a fun way to change it up for our guests... who doesn't love brunch, bloody marys and mimosas?! Our amazing DJ John Saville was able to get everyone pumped up and on the dance floor despite the sun streaming in on a bright afternoon. (Added bonuses: A brunch wedding inspired us to have a donut wall which everyone LOVED, and, there was so much natural light all day which resulted in beautiful photos.)

Sent on 04/03/2018

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2017

The Society Room is the perfect place to get married! The entire process was stress free. Throughout the year we worked with Melissa who was absolutely fantastic. She was prompt to respond to any of our questions and worked with us to make the day ours. The night of our wedding ran so smoothly! The staff was so fun and accommodating, we never felt rushed and we had plenty of time to eat! Our personal attendant Jonna made sure we were taken care of the whole night. She made sure we had drinks, that we ate, and kept us on schedule. She did the thinking for us so we could enjoy the night. I would highly recommend the Society Room :)

Sent on 10/30/2017

Debbie · Married on 10/20/2017

The staff at the Society Room truly made my daughter's wedding absolutely magical!! The venue was beautiful and the staff was there for every detail.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Katie · Married on 09/16/2017

We absolutely had the best experience with The Society Room. Kirsten, their Wedding Sales Manager, was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful from start to finish. She remained present during the entire process by responding quickly to questions and ensuring follow-up. The process was very organized, which made planning a huge event much easier. Kirsten and staff were very helpful the week leading up to the wedding with closing the loop. They took great care of us the day of the wedding providing drinks and food as needed. The venue was gorgeous and timeless. Many wedding guests complimented the food stating it was one of the best dinners they have had. Overall, I cannot say enough to describe how wonderful our experience was.

Sent on 10/13/2017