146 Reviews for The Society Room of Hartford

Parking (3)
In-House Catering (2)
House Beer (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Outside Vendors (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
146 The Society Room of Hartford Reviews

The Society Room is the perfect place to get married! The entire process was stress free. Throughout the year we worked with Melissa who was absolutely fantastic. She was prompt to respond to any of our questions and worked with us to make the day ours. The night of our wedding ran so smoothly! The staff was so fun and accommodating, we never felt rushed and we had plenty of time to eat! Our personal attendant Jonna made sure we were taken care of the whole night. She made sure we had drinks, that we ate, and kept us on schedule. She did the thinking for us so we could enjoy the night. I would highly recommend the Society Room :)

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We absolutely had the best experience with The Society Room. Kirsten, their Wedding Sales Manager, was a pleasure to work with. She was very helpful from start to finish. She remained present during the entire process by responding quickly to questions and ensuring follow-up. The process was very organized, which made planning a huge event much easier. Kirsten and staff were very helpful the week leading up to the wedding with closing the loop. They took great care of us the day of the wedding providing drinks and food as needed. The venue was gorgeous and timeless. Many wedding guests complimented the food stating it was one of the best dinners they have had. Overall, I cannot say enough to describe how wonderful our experience was.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cake, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My husband and I got married at the Society Room on 11/17/17 and it was incredible!! The whole evening went so perfect and all because the Society Room of Hartford staff was is a well oiled machine! I cannot say enough nice things about Melissa, Celia, and Desmond. They think of everything! Beautiful decor, amazing service, and friendly staff make the Society Room an amazing place to get married! I would highly recommend to anyone planning on having a wedding!

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. We worked with Kirsten who was SO on her game and absolutely perfect. The food was absolutely spectacular, our guests couldn't stop raving about how unique and beautiful the venue was, and our bridal attendant was a life saver. The best part for me was that all we had to do was show up - there was not one thing we had to do the weekend of the wedding - they have everything exactly as it should be. We even had a hiccup with a vendor before the reception that the operations team took care of before we even got there and we never even knew it happened. I will recommend this to any and every bride and groom - you will not regret your decision if you choose the Society Room. I wish I could relive it again and again.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, In-House Bar, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

It has been so busy over the past year and a half planning for our June 17, 2017 wedding! My husband and I got engaged on December 15, 2015 and on December 26, we visited The Society Room and booked the venue the very next day! We decided to have a Saturday afternoon wedding and it could not have been more perfect! We were able to tour the venue with Jim who was extremely knowledgable and welcoming. Over the next year and a half, Kirsten and Jillian were behind every frantic email i had sent them! In the past few months, Jillian received a new job with the same company and Melissa took her position. All of the ladies were wonderful and so responsive. Besides the wedding, the next best thing was most certainly the mock wedding!! It was just as beautiful as a real wedding and what could be better than trying every single food The Society Room serves?! In the end, our wedding was made perfect by Cecilia and Wayne who made sure everything went smoothly and the day was perfect! Our bridal attendant was also amazing and it seems as if she was always right next to me when I needed something! Thank you Society Room staff for making my fairytale wedding dream come true!127

Profile Picture Katelyn, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cake, Indoor, Linens

If you are looking for the wow factor, then the Society Room is it. My husband and I had our reception at The Society Room and everything was amazing! All of our guests were wowed by the venue! The food was also delicious! We highly recommend The Society Room for your next event!

Profile Picture Clare, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue far exceeded any expectations that I had! I worked with Melissa throughout the entire planning process, communicating with her weekly. She answered every email within 24 hours, a lot of time much sooner than that, and was always extremely helpful. She was detail oriented and went above and beyond to work with me through everything. She executed my vision perfectly. On the day of our wedding, things could not have gone more smoothly. Jonna was our point person for the day; she helped us stay on schedule, provided apps and drinks to the bridal party in our suite, and was there at every point of the evening to make sure we had what we needed. The food was soooo amazing, from the apps to the entrée, everything was so delicious. I wish I could have taken a doggie bag home with me. Dom and Wayne were the coordinators for the evening and made everything go off flawlessly.

So many guests complimented the food and beauty of the venue. Multiple people said that it was the best wedding that they had ever been to.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/26/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, All Inclusive Packages, In-House Bar, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

The Society Room is one of the most beautiful venues I have ever seen. We had the most prefect wedding. The food was incredible, the service was outstanding. The staff, especially Kirsten was amazing. I wish I could go back and relive that day again. Choosing the Society Room you will not have to worry about a single thing the entire day, they took care of everything, even helping me with things I never would have thought of. I wish I could give it more than 5 stars!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/28/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the first time we met Kirsten and the rest of the team at The Society Room of Hartford, we were blown away by their expertise, service and ability to work with our vision for our wedding. I’ll admit, we were a little difficult when insisting on a few parts of our wedding. With grace and aplum, the team at Society Room accommodated every single request they possibly could, going above and beyond when it came to pre-booking communications, concessions from their kitchen and service team, everything was the absolute top tier of service. And the venue… what an incredible, unique, elegant, opulent, awe-inspiring space! We had 180 guests at our wedding, so we put the younger folks on the second floor and they all came down to dance after dinner and the rest of our guests fit very comfortably on the first floor with a 7 piece band and large dance floor. We missed most of our cocktail hour but snuck a peak at the setup while we were taking photos and again, above and beyond what was discussed as the vision, they took everything to the next level and exceeded expectations at every turn. We had a server attend to us the entire night, and service for all our guests seemed smooth, courteous and plentiful. My husband works in the restaurant industry, so food was of major importance to him when it came time to plan our wedding. The open house evening where we were allowed to taste all their hors’ d’ouevres and many of their entrees was such a smart, unique way to invite all brides and grooms for the upcoming season to try the food, and see the space set up for an actual wedding to help initiate ideas about how our reception would look. All the food was delicious! Kirsten and Melissa were with us every step of the way. They answered emails immediately, were creative to make sure my wedding vision came to life perfectly, and addressed all of my concerns thoroughly. We were both looking for a transformative space to celebrate with our loved ones. We found that here!

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/20/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently had our reception at the Society Room and were extremely satisfied with everything there! First of all, the decor is just stunning. So much character and elegance. Our guests kept raving about it. Second, the price was right and included the wedding cake, which just made things that much easier. Third, every single person who dealt with us from the Soceity Room was so helpful, personable, understanding, patient and accommodating. They were so organized and detail-oriented which is just what every bride needs to guide her through the process. They all made things so seamlesss. Fourth, my other vendors were extremely familiar with the Society Room. They also felt comfortable asking the staff questions directly, without me having to be the middle person. Again, it made everything so easy! Fifth, the food was delicious. My husband is a foodie and he loved everything! I would highly recommend this venue for any event. Wish we could re-live our reception there!

Profile Picture Camille, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding was at The Society Room on March 25th and it was absolutely AMAZING! The staff there made the planning process so easy and took care of everything for us. They were so kind and made us feel like royalty! All of our guests were floored by how beautiful the venue is and how delicious the food was. They still can't stop talking about how great it was! I always thought an experience like this would be way out of our budget, but The Society Room makes it affordable by including the food, open bar, and even cake in the price per head. That really helped us save on vendors and know what we were spending upfront. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience was!

Profile Picture Gina, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Indoor, Linens

Literally the best venue that we could have picked. We wanted something that was slightly more all inclusive, as I was busy applying to vet school while planning a wedding. No hidden costs, everything was up front and honest. The Society Room made the planning a breeze, and they were extremely accommodating with all of our requests. We made our own complicated centerpieces, and the Society Room let us bring them a day before the event, so we wouldn't have to stress about taking them in the day of. Not only was it affordable, but the food was AMAZING. So many guests came up to me saying it was the best wedding food they'd had. Everyone had an amazing time, and a lot of the guests commented on how gorgeous and well done the ceremony and reception was (we had our ceremony at the Society Room as well). Everything went smoothly, and we were extremely happy with how everything went. I would recommend the Society Room ten times over, hands down. You can't beat the price, the location was awesome (so many hotels within walking distance), the staff was helpful and professional, and they do an amazing job. Also, the venue itself is drop dead gorgeous. You can't lose with the Society Room!

Profile Picture Sara, 3/24/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cake, Event Planning, Indoor, Linens

The Society Room and their staff were magnificent! The venue is gorgeous and very unique, which is exactly what I was looking for. Kirsten & Jillian were extremely organized, helpful, and very professional from the very beginning. They would send emails throughout the planning process, which helped keep me on track. The day of our wedding they were accommodating and made sure my husband and I were taken care of throughout the whole night. I can honestly not say enough great things about the Society Room! I highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Nicolette, 1/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Society Room exceeded our expectations on all accounts. The building is gorgeous, which is why we initially chose it, and we're so glad we did. Jillian and Kirsten were so responsive to emails during the planning process and made planning a wedding from thousands of miles away much less stressful. On the day of, all of the staff were so helpful and the whole event ran very smoothly. We received so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful setting and delicious food (the mini tacos were a fan favourite) and were told several times it was the best wedding they'd ever been to. I would wholeheartedly recommend it!

Profile Picture Amanda, 1/1/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Linens

We have been to 25 weddings together, and maybe we are a little biased, but our wedding at The Society Room was the best one yet! Gorgeous venue, great food, and wonderful people. All of the staff is experienced and incredibly professional. From the moment we booked our wedding, the sales team (Kirsten and Jillian) began working to make sure our wedding day turned out exactly how we wanted . They are so organized and detail-oriented, and kept our wedding planning on track. It was so reassuring to know that they had all of details worked out, so that when the wedding day arrived we could just relax and enjoy. The operations team, servers and all of the other staff that were there on the evening of our wedding were amazing. We even had one staff member (Jonna) who was there to make sure we had everything we needed, and that we relaxed, ate and enjoyed ourselves! Our guests loved the food, and had so many nice things to say about the service. We cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so amazing!

Profile Picture Melissa, 12/31/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything looked exactly how I envisioned it. I was very happy and I would Highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Kiera, 12/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved it! Such a beautiful venue and the food and staff are great! Jillian was amazing to work with all throughout the planning process and on the wedding day our personal attendant was just wonderful.

We had a great time and made the planning process very easy.

thank you!

Profile Picture Alessandra, 11/26/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We loved having our wedding at the Society Room. We worked with Kirsten and Jillian to fine tune all of the details of our evening and they were great to work with. Our interactions were professional and they were both easily accessible. We had Cecelia and Jonna as our go to individuals on our wedding night. Cecelia was great at keeping everything on schedule and Jonna was amazing! She literally was the best person on our wedding night. Jonna made sure we got appetizers, meals, cake, drinks, and made sure that we were truly enjoying the evening. They were fabulous!

Profile Picture Marissa, 11/5/16, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I cannot say enough about The Society Room. Jillian and Kirsten were so wonderful to work with, it felt like I had hired two wedding planners! They were so organized and thought of everything. They were so accommodating, even when we added two guests the week before the wedding! The venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. Having a nice bridal suite was a great touch, where we could take a break from the reception. The food was delicious, and the service was top notch as well. At the end of the night, Kirsten and Jillian had even sent us with a nice note, small champagne bottles and to-go cartons of our wedding cake to enjoy when we went home! Thank you to The Society Room for making our day perfect.

Profile Picture Emily, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Linens, Indoor

The Society Room delivered on its promise of providing an elegant and extraordinary experience for our daughter's wedding. My husband and I could not have been happier with the food, the service, the attentiveness and warm welcome we received from people at all levels of the organization. Thanks to all who helped to make this a truly wonderful event!

Profile Picture Marcy, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our wedding ceremony and lunch reception at the society room and it was amazing! The architecture fit in well with our theme and just added to the grandeur of the whole event. The staff from the society room were so helpful, kind and worked hard to make sure our vision of how we wanted our wedding to turn out was a success. Kirsten and Jillian, the event sales team, were constantly available and making sure everything was set up exactly as we wanted it. They were very helpful and kind and patience and we are so grateful for all their help. I would highly recommend the society room for anyone looking/thinking of finding a wedding venue!

Profile Picture Anna, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you are looking for an elegant venue with lots of character, a knowledgeable and professional staff (with heart!) then this is the place for you! I had such an amazing time at my wedding on August 21, 2016, and this is all thanks to the staff and team at the Society Room. They were so thoughtful, Jillian and Kirsten even sent our son a birthday card with his favorite superheroes right before the wedding to express their excitement about having him as the ring bearer. It meant so much to us and him, and that's just one example of how kind and warm the staff are. The food is exquisite, and is only matched by the beauty of the venue itself. You will not have to worry about a thing- literally everything I asked for was take care of exactly how I asked. At the rehearsal, they carefully directed us and were patience with my family as our children played in the background. I know that this write-up won't begin to do justice in describing how awesome of a venue this is. When we saw what we would be getting for the price, we could not turn it down. Originally, we wanted to be married in a barn and I had my heart set on another place. At the last minute, my husband found the Society Room on The Knot and said, let's check it out. i will be totally honest in saying that I had already decided against giving it a chance because I had my heart set on another venue. Then, we walked into that place and our jaws dropped at the detail and beauty of this converted bank. Our ears perked and eyebrows raised when we saw the packages and what all comes with them- no other place could match them. I plan events for a living, so I had high expectations, and each one was met! I even had guests say, this wedding was one of the best I've even gone to- it was worth your money!

Profile Picture Leykia, 8/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This venue was outstanding! The planners Kirsten and Jillian were extremely personable and professional. They were very quick to answer all of my questions. The venue is breath taking and the food is incredible. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!

Profile Picture Cara, 7/3/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding reception at the Society Room on May 20th, 2016 and it was everything that we had hoped for! The staff was incredible through the whole planning process down til the very last second that we left. The building itself is so impressive that we only had minimal decorations. The food was delicious and the ambiance perfect. Our guests especially enjoyed the cocktail hour on the mezzanine level and that the hors d'oeuvres just kept coming. We were truly so impressed, as were all of our guests!

Profile Picture Alissa, 5/20/16, 1 Review