The Simsbury Inn Reviews

25 Reviews for The Simsbury Inn

• Kaela

Kaela Kennedy · Married on 10/26/2019

A Beautiful Venue with an Incredible Staff

Jeanine and the staff at the Simsbury Inn are wonderful. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the rooms, ballroom and restaraunt was. Jeanine was so on top of everything and the day ran so smoothly. I would highly reccomended this venue to anyone!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Sondra

Sondra Oldach · Married on 09/28/2019

The Simsbury Inn is amazing!

We had our ceremony and reception at The Simsbury Inn on 09/28 and it was everything we had hoped for and more! Our wedding coordinator Jeanine was amazing in helping us put the day together and having it run smoothly. We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was and how delicious all of the food was. The hotel is beautiful, with classic New England charm and character! Loved every second of our day there!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Arielle · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible Experience

The Simsbury Inn blew away my expectations for what I pictured for my wedding. Not only is the setting gorgeous and the price reasonable, but the staff is incredible and each one went above and beyond for all that we needed. First of all, Patti knows exactly what she is doing and worked closely with us through every step of the way. Her and her staff made me feel so comfortable. They also set up everything how I wanted, were flexible with the timing of our reception and cocktail hour, and put my at ease throughout the whole process. I would highly highly recommend the Simsbury Inn!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Allison · Married on 06/02/2018

Our wedding reception was at the Inn on June 2. We worked with Patti and Lenox and they were beyond incredible. The Simsbury Inn is a beautiful venue and the staff in incredibly helpful and professional. One of the things we liked about the venue was the flexibility with weather. You never know what beginning of June will be like and there is the option to have cocktail hour outside weather permitting and then a heated or AC dinner/party environment for whatever happens. The food was delicious and we received many compliments on our appetizers and entree. The cake was also amazing and made in house. The frosting was incredibly light and the right amount of sweet. One of the things we loved about the Inn wedding packages is that so much is included in it (food, cake, centerpieces, tables and linens, bar options etc) and it made planning such a big day that much easier. Thank you SI for the most amazing reception we could ask for!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Kat · Married on 04/14/2018

Simsbury Inn is a beautifully elegant venue that will impress any guest. Add that to an inclusive package that makes wedding planning so much easier (food, hors d'oeuvres, and even the cake included!) and staff that are eager to please and you have the ingredients of a stress-free and beautiful wedding. I had mine there 4-14-18 and couldn't have had a better time Throughout the planning process, the coordinator was responsive and extremely accommodating of my requests, offering advice about things I was unsure of, and communicating with my other vendors without me having to lift a finger. I'm probably one of a very small number of brides who was not stressed out planning my wedding because I knew Simsbury Inn had it handled, and that they would coordinate every detail and every moving part. The day went seamlessly and we had an amazing time!

Sent on 05/18/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 11/18/2017

Words cannot begin to describe how happy we are that we chose to have our wedding at The Simsbury Inn. From the moment we visited and toured to leaving the day after our wedding, everything was phenomenal. We used Simsbury Inn as our hotel for both the night before and the night of the wedding because we had many guests from out of state, had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and after party there, while also getting ready there during the day of the wedding. We literally showed up on Friday and did not have to leave or go anywhere else until Sunday afternoon! Every single thing: the rooms, the rehearsal dinner, getting ready, the ceremony, cocktail hour, the reception, the after party, was PERFECT, flawless, seamless. We owe so much to Patti Candels, Director of Catering, for making this happen, as well as ALL of the incredible staff that work there. Patti worked very closely with us from day one to make our dream wedding a reality, and not a single detail was missed. She was there both Friday and Saturday to make sure everything ran smoothly, along with a maitre’d on Saturday to ensure we were VERY well taken care of. This venue is gorgeous, affordable, and includes so much which makes the planning process very easy. You will not have to worry about a thing. We decided to use the rose centerpieces the venue provides and they were absolutely beautiful. The food, both at cocktail hour and dinner, was amazing. Our cake was not only the BEST cake I have ever had, but it was also gorgeous. Fabulous service. Beautiful grounds and building. I could go on and on about every single detail and how amazing it all was, but I will make it simple: stop your searching and book The Simsbury Inn. You will have the wedding of your dreams. THANK YOU SO MUCH for making ours come true!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Jason · Married on 08/19/2017

After looking at several wedding venues, my wife and I found the Simsbury Inn to be the most affordable option. Price was a big factor in our decision making and ultimately led us to choose the inn. Initially we were worried that we might "get what you pay for" in choosing based purely on value. This wasn't the case. The Simsbury in exceeded our expectations in every regard. Several people complemented the food, the staff were excellent throughout, and the space looked amazing. My favorite feature was the bride and groom getting their own attendant. Both my wife and I never saw the bottom of our glass! Choose this venue and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Brenna · Married on 09/17/2016

My husband and I got married at the Simsbury Inn last September, and had the best time! Everything was perfect! We wanted a place that would be as all-inclusive as possible, but would still allow us to add our special touches, and the Simsbury Inn nailed it. Patti is amazing - helpful, honest and always one step ahead. The food was incredible - our guests are still talking about it. The Inn is quiet, but not sleepy. It's close to Hartford and Bradley but definitely feels like the country. Everything was super well-organized. I'm very Type-A, and I didn't have to worry about anything. The best part was being able to have all our guests stay on site; it felt like a resort vacation. No need for buses to take people from reception to hotel. We found the prices to be very reasonable and an incredible value for what you get. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Tina · Married on 08/20/2016

The Simsbury Inn was the perfect choice for our wedding. Being a bride from MA with a husband from Chicago, a hotel was a must and a classic ballroom fit perfectly with our style. The grounds outside and around The Simsbury Inn were perfectly manicured, featuring tons of brightly colored flowers for our August 20, 2016 wedding. We rented out Evergreens Restaurant for cocktail hour so our guests could enjoy the beautiful brick patio, live jazz music, delicious food and cocktails. The ballroom space was perfectly designed with a large dance floor, room for our 8 piece band and 200 guests. The atrium was used for cocktail tables and a back patio outdoor space, the main hallway was perfect for our photo booth. Patti, our catering director was a joy to work with during our 1.5 year long engagement. She was so responsive and professional, creative and calming. The hotel rooms were plush and lovely. We used the ballroom again the next morning for a farewell brunch which was equally as perfect.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Laura · Married on 07/16/2016

We celebrated our wedding day at the Simsbury Inn on July 16,2016 with the assistance of Patti Candels. We met multiple times leading up to the wedding and had contact via email whenever questions arose. Patti was able to make all of our ideas work better than we could have ever imagined. We had absolutely no complaints and all of our external vendors had only positive reports as well. We are so happy we decided to celebrate our special day at the Simsbury Inn and cannot wait to go back and visit and grab lunch upstairs!!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Mackenzie · Married on 06/25/2016

My husband and I were married on June 25, 2016 at The Riverview in Simsbury, CT. The Simsbury Inn was the location for our after party and made for a memorable night! Our wedding guests stayed at the inn so when they were ready to call it a night they were just a short walk from their room. We stayed in the bridal suite and it was absolutely beautiful. They even had chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the room for us after the wedding. The location is gorgeous and the staff is incredible. We worked with Jeanine Mossey to plan our evening and to help block rooms and book a shuttle for our guests. She was incredibly easy to work with and very responsive and helpful. Everyone had an amazing time and loved brunch the following day. It made for a great location for our wedding guests to gather before and after the wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2016

Best Venue! Patti and Jeanine are the best ladies to work with. I have OCD and was very particular about details. The ladies took great care of us and the staff is amazing as well! Our food was perfectly cooked and the cake was beyond beautiful and delicious! Can't get any better than The Simsbury Inn!! My wedding was perfect!!!

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • leanne

leanne · Married on 10/24/2015

Our love story started 15 years ago and I am so incredibly happy to have been able to continue our story and marry my high school sweetheart and one true love at the beautiful Simsbury Inn! We were looking for elegant and romantic and after visiting The Simsbury Inn and meeting with Patti Candels we knew this was our place. The place where our dream of becoming Mr. and Mrs. would come true. From their elegant ballroom with stunning chandeliers to their New England charm we knew it was perfect for not only our Fall wedding but perfect for us! They made me feel like a princess and were very sweet and attentive to both of us the entire day. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure it was everything we could have ever imagined. From the ceremony to the reception it was absolutely incredible and perfect. We were so happy to hear all the compliments from our family and friends from the cozy and comfortable rooms, the delicious food, their sweet and friendly staff and how beautiful and delicious our wedding cake was! I honestly can go on and on! It was a day we will never forget. We are truly thankful and will be forever grateful for each and everyone of the staff members at The Simsbury Inn. A special thank you to Patti Candels for all she has done to make our wedding day and even the wedding planning process stress free! Her quick responses to my emails, phone calls and even meeting with me whenever possible made us feel truly cared about. Thank you to everyone at The Simsbury Inn for being a huge part of our best day ever! We appreciate each and everyone of you and we thank you for being a part of this next chapter of our love story.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 09/18/2015

I cannot say enough good things about the Simsbury Inn. The venue is elegant but comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, the food is delicious, and the prices are excellent!

Inn- We had our 2015 wedding at the Inn and could not have been more pleased. It was just perfect. We chose to rent Evergreens restaurant for our cocktail hour in addition to the ball room; it was lovely. The Inn provided some beautiful centerpieces which chose to use in the restaurant for cocktail hour. They looked great! Then it was onto the ballroom for dinner and dancing.We chose to place our bar in the little glass atrium. It was gorgeous all lit up for our evening wedding. The inn had opened the little patio for us and our guests enjoyed having the option to get away from the dancing for a drink and some air. The anteroom to the ballroom was used for our photobooth, place card table, gift table, and guest booked. It was another area we found folks utilizing during the wedding, especially the tired little kids, out taking a break. To give and idea of size - 170 people filled the room comfortably with room to spare but without seeming under-filled. I liked that the Inn gave us options for how to best utilize the space - there are several ways to set it up the space to suit you.

Staff - Jeanine and Patty were excellent to work with. Responsive to questions, helpful with guidance, and easy to get in touch with. Maria, our staff captain, took excellent care of me and my groom during the wedding and even had saved us some cake, our meals, and had several special treats waiting in our room for after the reception (I cannot even say how awesome it was to have some sandwiches waiting for us after the all-day festivities!)

Food - it was just fantastic. Not a single complaint from any guest and plenty of compliments! And our cake - so good our guests were raving about it the next day!!

In short - low price for the experience, helpful, elegant, comfortable, tasty, all around A+!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Emma · Married on 09/05/2015

The Simsbury Inn was nothing short of amazing. From the very first meeting, Jeanine was on top of every single detail. The venue itself is a stunning property which has a beautiful New England feel. The rooms are beautiful along with a very friendly staff. Coordinating the wedding from Michigan could have been a challenge, but Jeanine was there to answer every call and email promptly and was able to work our needs into our very few trips home prior to the wedding. We had our cocktail hour at the Evergreens Restaurant and it was just beautiful. Not to mention the food was absolutely delicious. And the cake! The baker was in house there and our cake was not only stunning and exactly what we asked for, it was delicious!!

Everything about our wedding at The Simsbury Inn was flawless. We did not have to worry about a single thing. They even provide staff to tend to the bride and groom the night of which was wonderful. They moved all our gifts, cards, leftover food (plus desserts, champagne and after wedding snacks) to our room and we didn't have to think about a thing!

The ballroom was recently renovated and it is beautiful. So elegant and charming. Beautiful floor length linens, tablecloths and napkins are provided along with rose centerpieces if you do not have your own. We had a florist do our centerpieces so Jeanine incorporated the included rose centerpieces into the cocktail room. They truly care about the details here. They took incredible care of our guests with allergies and they had the best answers for any questions. I do not have a single bad thing to say. Everything about our wedding day was perfect and I owe it all to Jeanine and the Simsbury Inn. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Alicia · Married on 09/04/2015

The Simsbury Inn was the PERFECT location for our labor day weekend wedding. We hadn't even heard about it until we were in town and noticed it sitting majestically on the hill. We walked in thinking we would just take a peek and when we entered it was everything we ever dreamed our wedding location would be. We got married in a church, but had the reception here as well as had a lot of friends and family stay overnight (everyone raved about the beds and how comfy they were). Everything with the Simsbury Inn was easy - all throughout the planning process Jeanine was very attentive and the day of the wedding, everything went off without a hitch. I was especially grateful of their attention to food allergies considering I have a few myself as well as several of our guests. Our cake was also included in the package and it was simply gorgeous. I highly recommend the Simsbury Inn for the wedding of your dreams, because it certainly was ours!!!

Sent on 09/14/2015

Kate · Married on 08/15/2015

The Simsbury Inn was a perfect choice for our August wedding. We had the wedding of our dreams! The Inn was decorated beautifully and provided a gorgeous backdrop for a warm summer evening wedding. The staff was so helpful and professional and made the night go smoothly. We were able to have a completely stress free evening and enjoy every minute of the reception. The food was phenomenal and our guests continue to talk about how delicious it was! Most of our guests stayed at the Inn the night of the reception and we were able to have a breakfast for our guests the next morning which was a great way to end a wonderful weekend. We highly recommend The Simsbury Inn for a wedding, worth every penny!! We can not thank Patti and all the staff enough for helping to give us the perfect wedding!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/18/2014

The Simsbury inn was a fantastic place for our wedding. Patti and the rest of the staff are amazing. Not only did they take care of my now husband and I but every single one of my guests felt special. I cannot thank them enough for making my day perfect. :) Not one thing went wrong.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Meredith · Married on 10/04/2014

We can't believe it has been almost a year since our wonderful wedding at the Simsbury Inn. Looking back, we are so grateful for everything that Patti and her staff did for us, from helping us switch to "plan b" when the forecast called for rain, to helping us include specific details that we wanted for our wedding, and more. Patti was very responsive and helpful when we had questions during the planning process. The entire staff was friendly and professional. Our guests commented on the lovely venue and its great food, accommodations, and atmosphere. The inn was great with setting up all of our wedding items and packing them up afterward. Overall, we were very happy with our decision to get married at the Simsbury Inn and would recommend it to everyone.

Sent on 10/01/2015

Dana · Married on 09/26/2014

I just got married at the Simsbury Inn this past weekend and had the wedding of my dreams. I cannot say enough good things about The Simsbury Inn- from the service to the food to the accommodations- everything throughout the planning process has been excellent and my wedding day was better than I could have ever imagined. The Inn itself is beyond adorable and even though I had 180 people at my wedding, the whole thing felt very intimate. I have the catering manager, Patti Candels to thank for making not only my wedding day, but the planning process easy and stress free. She was so helpful during the entire process and it was clear from the beginning that she knows her stuff! I'm very type A and wanted everything very planned out and she never made me feel like my questions were silly or annoying. Her responses were always prompt and she gave her honest opinion about everything which I truly appreciated. I am honestly going to miss working with her- that's how great she truly was! I don't think I could write enough great things about the Simsbury Inn, but all of my guests told me that it was the prettiest, most fun, and amazing wedding they've been to. The Inn accommodated everyone so no one had to leave the property afterwards which was very convenient. My bridal suite was in the King Philips Suite which was large enough for hair/makeup artists as well as a whole spread on the bar for breakfast. Our cocktail hour was in Evergreens which was beautiful and plenty spacious for 180 people. The food was delicious all around and all of the staff were truly amazing and helpful. I wish I could go back and do it all over again because everything went so perfectly. I can't wait to go back every year on our anniversary!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Heather · Married on 04/13/2013

I cannot express enough how satisfied I am with the Simsbury Inn! Jeannine did an amazing job and was there for myself and my mother every step of the way. If she was not in the office, Patti would quickly take over so there was never a gap in communication. On the day of the wedding my husband and I were treated like royalty. There were two members of the wait staff during cocktail hour (picture hour for us) that remained by our side throughout the entire time to ensure that we had food and drinks when needed. The food was AMAZING, the rave of the night to be honest. I would get married here 100 times over!

Sent on 04/22/2013

LoriAnn · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful Venue!

The moment I walked through the Simsbury Inn and saw how beautiful everything was, I knew this was the place where I wanted to get married. I worked with Jeanine through the entire process and she was amazing. She would always get back to my emails quickly and she did an amazing job coordinating everything for our perfect day. We were married outside on the grounds, had our cocktail hour in their Evergreens restaurant, and the reception in their main ballroom. I used their complementary center pieces for the cocktail hour and then brought in my own centerpieces and decorations for the reception. Jeanine and her team decorated everything for me and made sure everything was beautiful and perfect. My guests have continued to tell me how beautiful the wedding was and how wonderful the food was. The Simsbury Inn has a wonderful selection of entrees and Hors d'oeuvre to choose from and also provided a beautiful wedding cake. I loved that everything was done in their one location, and they only do one wedding a day so everything is dedicated to you that day. Their rooms for the guests and the bridal suite are comfortable and very nice. The entire night of the wedding, my husband and I had an attendant dedicated to us, her name was Laurie, and she was very attentive and wonderful the entire time. There isn't enough good things that I can say or mention about the Simsbury Inn. I loved my wedding and it was truly a special day. I am so grateful to Jeanine and their entire staff for making our day so perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Emily · Married on 10/23/2010

We had our rehearsal dinner here and most of our guest stayed here for the wedding. It was a great place to have the dinner and the food was great! Everyone had alot of fun and it was a nice spot for the intimate dinner.

Sent on 12/05/2010

Meghan · Married on 05/31/2014

4.2
      3.0

Laura at the bakeshop made my wedding cake for my wedding at Avon Old Farms Hotel. I had had some trouble with local bakers being really difficult to deal with, and Laura was a breath of fresh air. She looked at the pictures of what I wanted and immediately told me it was no problem. We also picked a cake that was very light and refreshing, with strawberries and whipped cream. My flowers were orchids and she made little gummy orchids for the cake.

Overall it was very well done. Visually, exactly what I wanted. My husband and I aren't really into sweets, but we thought it tasted good. The buttercream was a bit overwhelming for us but I guess that's how buttercream is. I would definitely recommend getting your wedding cake done there. She really did do a great job.

Sent on 06/12/2014

cindy · Married on 10/02/2010

2.6
      0.5
      1.0
      3.5

Simsbury Inn was the venue for the reception. on October 2.. looked beautiful, cake was good, staff was helpful... Unfortunately, almost all the dinners were cold... mashed potatoes were not lukewarm, they were cold.. taste would have been good, but all the choices were cold. very disappointed. what could you do? All the dinners couldn't be reheated..for the cost, we could have at least had hot food

Sent on 10/04/2010