The Scottsdale Plaza Resort Reviews

26 | Paradise Valley, AZ

26 Reviews for The Scottsdale Plaza Resort

Joyce · Getting married on 10/11/2020

Perfect choice for a perfect wedding experience

From start to finish Kate Gallagher and the team at the Plaza were so helpful and effeicent. Always responsive and honest when we asked their opinion on some choices. The venuue and guest rooms were ideal, not one complaint from our guests, they loved being able to walk off property to explore. The restaurants were great and prices too. We had an after party at JD's and that was so well received, the guests all loved the band there and they stayed an extra hour for us. Reverse happy hour prices too! This is the first resort I have been to in years that has enough staff and they are all so professional. Items from the wedding were delivered to our room so we did not have to worry about gathering them up ourselves. Floweres and cake top were saved for us and we picked them up when we checked out. I will always recommend the Plaza for anything but especially weddings.

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Elisa

Elisa Talavera · Married on 11/09/2019

Best day of my life!

I’m so glad I picked this venue! Kate was super professional to walk me through what was my vision.... my venue was perfect! All my guests loved it! I always wanted an outdoor venue and the Cypress Court was exactly what I was looking for.... everybody were super professional! I’m a Peruvian and the chef there is dating a Peruvian guy so she made for our guests this special Peruvian chicken and sauce... everybody were thrilled about how good it tasted same as the jalapeños potatoes! Thank you Scottsdale Plaza Resort for made my day the most wonderful day ever!!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Susanna

Susanna Nance · Married on 08/31/2019

Destination wedding!

My husband and I wanted to keep our wedding intimate and small. We were concerned with the planning involved from another state (this was a destination wedding for us), but Kate made the planning and communication so easy! I had a lot of questions throughout the year of planning and Kate never hesitated getting back with me in a timely manner. Kate worked behind the scenes to coordinate everything with our vendors. From the time we checked in until we checked out, the resort staff was awesome with our entire group. The ceremony and reception went perfect without any added stress!

Sent on 09/06/2019

Chelsea · Married on 05/26/2019

Kate Gallagher and the SPR Team 10/10

Wow! What a pleasure it was working with Kate, Sarah, and their team. From the day we walked in to our wedding day everything went so smoothly. Kate was very responsive and helped us make our day perfect. We committed to the Scottsdale Plaza Resort when the remodeling was just an idea. Kate told us to trust her the new event lawn was going to be beautiful and she didn't disappoint! It was so beautiful and better than we could have ever imagined. The day of the wedding everything ran so smoothly and from beginning to end it was well organized. We would highly recommend the Scottsdale Plaza Resort for your big day!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Breanna

Breanna · Married on 05/18/2019

Best wedding venue in Arizona!

Kate the head wedding coordinator, and her team are absolutely amazing. Their property is huge so they have SO many options to chose from as far as locations, we chose to have the ceremony outside at the plaza lawn and the reception at camelback vista, a indoor/outdoor experience. We had so many worries leading up to the day of including how our gifts, guest book, and other items will be moved from our ceremony location, to the reception, they take care of EVERYTHING for you. My wife and I did not have a single thing to worry about the day of and if you need help prior to the day of Kate or Sarah are amazing at getting right back to you and is always there to help! They even had goodie bags delivered to us the day of our rehearsal. We had the best day of our lives thanks to the team here helping us! And we will be sure to come back for a vow renewal in a few years! Seriously if you are looking for an awesome affordable venue in Arizona this is the place, it feels like your on vacation getting ready for the best day of your life.

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 04/13/2019

Couldn’t have dreamed a better place

I was blown away by this place. To start, it’s beautiful, they just replanted the plaza garden and it looks picturesque. Kate is the wedding coordinator and could not be better to work with. She is sweet, knowledgeable, professional, on the ball, and always willing to make it exactly what you want. They are so flexible with your set up, decorations, food, and everything you could think of. The Camelback Vista is secluded in the back but a short enough walk away from the ceremony spot. It worked out perfect. They give you a honeymoon suite which is GORGEOUS that we stayed 2 extra days. My husband and I loved everything about this place from the planning to execution. They also have reasonable pricing on everything you get especially for the level of service. Can’t say enough nice things!

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 03/30/2019

Blown Away!

We just had our wedding at Scottsdale Plaza Resort and we were truly blown away. Our day turned out better than we imagined and it would not have been possible without Kate, Sarah and the rest of the incredible staff. From the start of planning to the end of our wedding we received the best service and support for our big day! Kate answered the hundreds of emails I sent her promptly and was always available when I needed her. She was flexible when we wanted to change something and was always accommodating. I'm so grateful for her!

I'm a little Type A and as the day grew closer I was starting to get nervous that our vision wouldn't become a reality because I wasn't going to be able to physically set everything up how I wanted but the team there did even better than I pictured it in my head! The ceremony, all the decor and flowers, cocktail hour, reception - everything was beautiful and absolutely perfect.

Our guests loved staying at the resort and even our local guests who had never visited the plaza were seriously impressed. We also received tons of compliments on the food and I have to agree - it was some of the best wedding food we've ever had and we've been to a TON of weddings! We were sooo happy with how it turned out.

Obviously I am very biased, but we had so many people comment that it was one of the best and most beautiful weddings they've ever been to, so it's not just me!

Everything from start to finish was absolutely perfect and truly better than we imagined. We could never thank Kate, Sarah and the team enough for our perfect day but we can recommend them 100000%.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Marsha Avery · Married on 03/19/2019

The wedding day

Being the mother of the bride, I had many questions. All my questions were answered promptly and everyone was very professional. The wedding day was amazing everything was just as we had planned and the dinner was wonderful. Kate was our wedding manager and she was fantastic and was there the evening of the wedding to help make sure my daughters day was special.

Sent on 03/20/2019

Niki Magee · Married on 03/16/2019

Best experience

My wedding was wonderful from planning to the actual event. The venue was beautiful and the staff was fantastic. The event coordinators Kate and Sarah went above and beyond for us. The planning was easy with no surprises, everything was explained in a way that was easy to understand. They were accommodating with my special requests and made us truly feel like the day was all about the Bride and Groom. Emails were answered quickly, every question or concern was addressed so promptly. I can't say enough wonderful things about Kate and Sarah. The day of the wedding was a little hectic but they were both there to make sure everything went smoothly. The food was great and the set up was very nice. I am so happy we chose the Scottsdale Plaza Resort for our wedding and reception!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Erin Avery · Married on 03/02/2019

Scottsdale Plaza Wedding

Scottsdale Plaza Resort made my wedding planning simple and easy. The venue was very nice and our guest felt relaxed and comfortable. The wait staff at our dinner were excellent. They were very attentive and always one step ahead not to mention funny too!

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 11/24/2018

Gorgeous Venue and Great Service

My husband and I got married at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort on 11-24-18. We held our ceremony at The Plaza Lawn and our reception at the Terraza. The new Plaza Lawn is abolsutely stunning. The hedges around the area made it feel like we were in our own little world. Very elegant. The Terraza was the perfect location for our reception because it was almost like being outdoors without being cold. The courtyard in front was great for a cocktail hour. Being able to get married at the resort where we were staying also made everything so much easier the day of. No limo or transportation necessary so it was less stressful.
    More than all of that, the staff was AMAZING. Our planners - Kate and Sarah - were just the best and so flexible with all of our requests. The banquet staff at our reception was on top of everything and always made sure my husband and I were taken care of. The resort staff overall took great care of us and our guests for the whole stay. They made us feel like family.
    Thank you!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Kristin · Married on 10/01/2017

Elise gave SUCH attention to detail and went above and beyond to make our day special. She handmade signs, as well as brought in some decor from her house that fit our vibe. It was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 02/16/2018

The Scottsdale Plaza Resort's reply:

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed all the special details and decor.

Very beautiful resort! They were great with negotiations in order for us to have our dream wedding! Their coordinator Jennifer Hoffman is very good at what she does. She is very friendly and has amazing ideas!

Sent on 11/08/2014

What a beautiful place. The care and service delivered was out of this world.

Sent on 12/12/2012
  • Mr & Mrs Blair

jerry · Married on 04/06/2012

Unbelievably beautiful full service venue. Stayed the whole weekend enjoyed every part of the resort. Had family fly in from out of town and stay also. So relaxing to spend the day playing in the great pools with family that had not been reunited in such a long time. Took advantage of the full service salon for pre-wedding primping and hairstyles. Got married at the most beautiful little gazeebo on property with a very intimate feel but yet room for at least 200. So beautifuly landscaped and decorated, further floral decor was not even needed saving us a huge amount. From there we walked across the courtyard to Remingtons Restraunt where we were treated to an amazing full course dinner in our own private ballroom with patio. And then to top off the whole weekend we got to wakeup sunday morning to brunch served in the Garden Court Restraunt for one final gathering with the family before we departed for our honeymoon. Debby Gatz and her staff were over the top with their knowledge of how to make this most important day seem as if it were a breeze. Our Thanks go out to John Dawson, Debby Gatz and the rest of this amazing staff.

Sent on 08/28/2012

Sandra · Married on 10/15/2011

The Scottsdale Plaza Resort was AMAZING! Everything was perfect! The service was exceptional, the food was outstanding, the outdoor venue was magical, the staff was great. We loved everything about the venue!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Colleen · Married on 06/30/2018

The events team at the Scottsdale Plaza is amazing. Upon our first meeting I knew we were in good hands which was so important as we do not live in the area. Elise and Kate are so creative and thoughtful. Our guests will be talking about the little details for years to come.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Ron · Married on 05/12/2012

Debbi Gatz and her team were very professional and responsive. The meal at Remington's resturant was spectacular and all of our guests and vendors loved the food. Not a single complaint. Almost all guests said that every single bite was exceptional. I agree. Many guests also said that this was the best wedding food that they have ever tasted. Great job!

Sent on 05/16/2012
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 11/02/2019

Great Venue

Scottsdale Plaza resort did an excellent job and provided a lot for the $$. The day of, which gave it is the most impt. Day, it was seem less, the staff helped pull everything together, everyone was so nice and accommodating... the wait staff ensured my husband and I got everything we needed and more.... thank you to Kate and her team!!

Included in our price was a honeymoon suite, bridal suite, and the cake which by themselves can be expensive.

Our golf cart driver assigned to us for the day was amazing he took selfies of everyone and kept things fun and light, we didn’t have to walk anywhere...

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Charnai

Charnai Ann · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding reception

Had such a pleasure working with Kate Gallahger over the last year. She is amazing and her attention to every detail is impressive. Scottsdale plaza was definitely the best bang for our buck when it came to food and alcohol. We had our reception at their camelback vista which we loved because we had an entire building to ourselves which made for a more private intimate reception. So many great picture opportunities throughout the resort, our wedding photos were to die for. Also our cake was included with our package and the bakery they use is amazing!!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Deborah

Deborah · Married on 12/12/2012

3.5

This was a very nice place. The gazebo was decorated very well. The only problems that we really had were, there was any champagne in our room when the reception was over, as indicted it should have been on our contract. The when the reception ended early we requested several of the meal that should have been left over because of guest not showing up be sent back to our room, there weren't any left. They had no anwer for this.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Erin · Married on 05/12/2012

3.0

My wedding at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort was on May 12th, 2012. We had our ceremony at the gazebo and our reception at Remington's restaurant. Our primary contact was Debby Gatz. Ms. Gatz is highly professional, having been in the business for 19 years. She is highly flexible and was able to accommodate our every request.

One consistent review we got from our guests was on the food. The food was PHENOMENAL. Many people told us that the crab cakes served were the single best crab cakes they had ever eaten. All across the board, our guests loved the food more than any wedding they had ever attended, very high praise!

As for the gazebo, it is nearly magical. The lawn is perfectly groomed, and the gazebo is flawless. The site (only $500 if you have your reception with them!!) surpassed my wildest expectations on my wedding day. It was gorgeous. It is so naturally pretty that it really requires minimal to no floral extras, which is another way to save! :)

My one hesitancy on this review was responsiveness. It took my family quite some time to hear back from Ms. Gatz on multiple occasions (days to weeks after emailing her). It was very frustrating during the planning process. That being said, our wedding went perfectly, and Debby remembered all our requests for the day.

Sent on 05/26/2012

Tara · Married on 12/31/2017

4.2
      3.5

I am just the event planner, so working with Taylor and her staff helped me out immensely! :)

Sent on 01/03/2018

Stephanie · Married on 03/14/2015

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

I don't even know where to begin with this resort. We had an amazing coordinator to begin with who unfortunate for us but fortunate for her received a job offer and had to move away. The "replacement" and I will use that word loosely did not compare by any means. We were advised the week of the wedding that champagne/apple cider was not part of the quoted cost. At rehearsal the coordinator advised family members who were performing that they would advise them when to begin on the day of and they failed to do so. The day of the wedding I had to message the coordinator several times to pick up items that were required in the reception tent. Finally about an hour before the wedding they were picked up. During the reception I had to remind them to fix my train before I walked down the isle. After the ceremony there were supposed to be carts to take us where we needed to go and none were found. So most of my wedding party walked to the front where the fountain was only to find out we were missing people because they got lost and no one could direct them (by the way during this time the coordinator was no where to be seen). So no group pictures were taken and I still have no group pictures, no family pictures were taken at all, and the bottom of my dress is pitch black from having to walk to the front of the resort. When we finally found a cart they said they only had one cart running that night for a resort with 400+ rooms I find that ridiculous especially on a night you have a wedding of 120+ people. When we got to the tent our amazing DJ was able to get us placed and ready to go and the catering and Captain inside where amazing. We payed way to much money for such horrible service. I would absolutely not recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 03/23/2015