The Room on Meeting Reviews

The Room on Meeting 6
The Room on Meeting 7
  • Veronica

Veronica Louise Buck · Married on 09/01/2019

AMAZING! If this place is on your radar, it's the place!

I couldn't recommend this place enough. They fit all of our guests and basically allowed us to decorate how we pleased entirely. They helped so much the day of too. SO GREAT!

Sent on 09/03/2019
    The Room on Meeting 8
    The Room on Meeting 9

Patricia Tallman · Married on 06/22/2019

Nicole Anderson

From our first meeting with Nicole nearly a year ago, she has been most helpful in the planning, cost cutting, and execution of the wedding for our daughter.

The wedding on Saturday was perfect due in a large part to Nicole and her fabulous staff! Our guests remarked on friendliness that the staff displayed. Anything little thing that was needed was immediately taken care of.

The food which was catered by Stickey Fingers was extremely good!!! Everyone loved the smashed potatoes and banana pudding in the cute martini glasses!

I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a venue in Charleston, SC to consider The Room on Meeting Street.

Sent on 06/25/2019
    The Room on Meeting 10
    The Room on Meeting 11
    The Room on Meeting 12

Gigi · Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect venue in the City

I was very happy with my choice of The Room on Meeting. Nicole was very easy to work with, answered all of my questions promptly. I was out of the country when I started my search, and when I reviewed the website for The Room on Meeting, I went ahead and booked it, I was never sorry I booked it sight unseen. The Charleston character of the room was perfect for out of town guests. The whole reception was turnkey with Nicole taking care of linens, servingware and the Sticky Fingers food. It made my job super easy. The service was very good during the reception and the room was decorated nicely. I highly recommend this venue for any event. Super great people to work with.

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Lindsey Taylor

Lindsey · Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect Venue Space for Rehearsal Dinner & Welcome Party- Great Location & Food!

We used the Room on Meeting for our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding, and also for our welcome party (drinks and after-dinner desserts) for the rest of our wedding guests since it was a destination wedding. It could not have been more perfect! First of all, the venue is in a perfect location in downtown Charleston. It has lovely exposed brick walls and arches and a cute little outside patio with wrought-iron furniture that is so quintessentially Charleston. We had enough room to have the bar and cocktail hour in one room, the buffet-style food and desserts and our slideshow presentation (with adorable baby pictures of the groom and I) in another room, and the tables and chairs in the third room, all while flowing very well together and feeling spacious but intimate. We had food catered from Sticky Fingers BBQ and our guests loved it. It was so delicious! Nicole and her staff at The Room on Meeting were helpful and professional. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Trenton · Married on 06/23/2018

This is a HIDDEN GEM of Charleston. Located in a beautiful, centralized location, The Room on Meeting was such an excellent choice for our welcome party the day before our wedding. Nicole was so wonderful and helpful up to and the night of our event. She's so quick to respond to inquiries and was always prepared and desiring to help plan the event you're looking for. The Room was very reasonably priced -- both food and space/equipment rentals. It's an all inclusive package catered to your expectations. The Staff was PHENOMENAL the night of, going the extra distance to make sure everything was seamless and perfect. I can't say enough about them. You have the option of renting part of their huge upstairs room, as well as having the outdoor terrace. It was worth every penny and more. They kicked off our wedding weekend perfectly. Again, Nicole is the kind of vendor you WANT to work with.

Sent on 07/08/2018

Ellen · Married on 05/27/2018

Working with Nicole and her staff at Room on Meeting was a wonderful experience. Arranging a destination wedding in Charleston was a challenge! Each time I contacted them about my daughter’s wedding reception, they were prompt and helpful, returning every contact by phone, email and even texts.
    When we arrived to see their event space, Nicole took several hours out of an already busy afternoon to discuss everything with us again, making many ingenious suggestions to improve our event, without running the budget thru the roof.
    During the planning period, I continued to work with Nicole on our event. She was always positive, upbeat, encouraging and ready to help in any way she could with any question or problem I threw her way.
    Then wedding week arrived! Tropical storm Alberto was bearing down on Charleston, and heavy rain was forecast for the afternoon that my daughter’s outdoor wedding in the park was planned in downtown Charleston. Nicole stepped up to offer that we could move the ceremony inside the reception space, with all kinds of ideas of ways to arrange their space to make it pretty and inviting enough to make up for having it inside during a tropical storm. Once we had a plan, she never missed a beat on taking care of the seating, the décor, and all of the details needed to pull it all together. She went above and beyond to create a beautiful, versatile event space, and she made sure the room was perfect down to the last detail. All of this while supervising her wonderful staff, who provided bar service, catering, set up and clean up for the wedding and reception.
    Oh, and the food was delicious as well! The bride and groom wanted barbecue for their wedding reception, and the barbecue and the side dishes were all excellent.
    All in all, I cannot say enough good things about the Room on Meeting, and what a great job they did with my daughter’s wedding. I highly recommend them for any event you are planning.

Sent on 07/01/2018

Kara · Married on 05/19/2018

We had a truly wonderful experience at The Room on Meeting for the celebration of our son and his fiancée’s rehearsal dinner! It was spacious and charming in it’s unique Charleston style! The staff was professional and easy to work with and the food was delicious!

Sent on 07/01/2018
    The Room on Meeting 13
    The Room on Meeting 14
    The Room on Meeting 15
  • I

Ivy · Married on 01/13/2018

I cannot rate The Room on Meeting highly enough! We had our speakeasy themed wedding ceremony and reception there and it was phenomenal!

Operating Partners Josh and Niccole were very approachable and helpful during the planning process, and were also amazingly accommodating and did everything within their power to make sure the day went off without a hitch. Really great people to work with. The rest of the staff were fun and professional in making everything happen in a timely manner.

The venue has a great southern, exposed brick feel, and you can't find a better venue price anywhere in Charleston. It was also incredibly convenient and economical to have the in-house catering, table and chairs set up/tear down, table cloths, dining ware, and bar service. The appetizers and main-course were delicious and several guests commented on how impressed they were with the food. Since almost everything was provided in-house, the only other vendors we needed were: photographer, photobooth, and audio equipment.

The venue was perfect for our guest list of about 75 and almost everyone stopped by to tell us it was the best wedding they've been to; even our photographer is considering planning his wedding there! The Room on Meeting greatly exceeded our expectations and we highly recommend it.

Sent on 01/16/2018
    The Room on Meeting 22
    The Room on Meeting 23
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 12/31/2017

Amazing service, Stress-free planning!

I highly recommend Room on Meeting. Everyone was amazing! We had three months to plan our wedding and thanks to Nicole and her team, I didn't stress about it at all! Everything was perfect the day of and if there were any issues (as we know there is always something) we didn't know anything about it...we just kept on dancing and enjoying time with our family and friends. We want to go back for our 5 or 10 year anniversary! Secure at this venue and you will not regret it, trust me!

Sent on 03/23/2019

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

Lovely venue hidden on the roof top of sticky fingers. Beautiful brick archways and original wooden floors help give this gem an added Charleston flair at a affordable price. That with the bonus of a parking garage located right behind it made this a great find for us.

Sent on 10/15/2017
    The Room on Meeting 24
    The Room on Meeting 25
    The Room on Meeting 26
    The Room on Meeting 27

Erika · Married on 07/08/2017

The place was beautiful for my July wedding. Loved the historical look. The staff was also awesome and very accommodating!!!

Sent on 07/13/2017