The Room on Main Reviews

31 | Dallas, TX

31 Reviews for The Room on Main

31 The Room on Main Reviews

Juliette · Married on 06/09/2018

We were so happy to be able to use the beautiful Room on Main for our wedding reception. The venue is a gorgeous ballroom with amazing floor to ceiling windows across three walls. The natural light is a huge bonus for the room. The gorgeous wood flooring is perfect for a dance floor. Alma was helpful during the planning process addressing all questions promptly and with good detail. The Room on Main requires use of CN Catering for good & drinks. I was actually happy not to have to go and find a caterer on our own. We were also very happy with the service of CN Catering.

Sent on 06/29/2018

The Room on Main's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Juliette. We absolutely loved working with you and your mom to plan your special day. Congratulations!!

Amanda · Married on 11/17/2017

The Room on Main was both the first venue we looked at online and the first venue we toured in person. We immediately fell in love with the venue’s grandiose ambiance and it’s elegant, beautifully designed space. Although we did end up looking at a few other venues after our initial visit, we started comparing every venue we toured to the Room and decided we should just stop wasting time and book at the Room before it was too late. And I’m sure glad we did! I cannot begin to tell you how much we enjoyed our wedding and the wedding planning process with the Room. Alma was extremely accommodating and was always available to help answer questions and guide us throughout the planning process. I would highly recommend the Room on Main to anyone—you will not be disappoint!

Paige · Married on 10/21/2017

The Room on Main is amazing! The staff and planning crew are so helpful and sweet. They turned my wedding reception into an absolutely fairytale.

The Room on Main 1
    The Room on Main 2

J · Married on 06/03/2017

It's hard to say enough good things about The Room on Main. The staff is great and very easy to work with. The room itself is so beautiful and unique with the hardwood floors, chandeliers and amazing tall windows. CN Catering, the dedicated caterer, was amazing and the food was delicious. The servers and bartenders at our event were so helpful and professional. Everything ran so smoothly. We had 175 guests and that left plenty of room for a large dance floor and plenty of room in between tables. Thanks to the Room on Main staff for an evening we will never forget!

Renee · Married on 05/07/2016

This room is beautiful and the staff is great! My daughters wedding was on May 7, 2016 and we couldn't have asked for a more professionally run venue! All of the set up was done on time and beautiful too! CN Catering did great work with the buffet dinner. The guests have been raving over the food! Would definitely recommend this venue

Kathryn · Married on 12/12/2015

Absolutely no regrets in our decision to use The Room on Main for my daughter's wedding. The Bride's love of wooden floors, tall windows overlooking the city, and chandeliers made the choice of The Room on Main as the wedding/reception venue an obvious choice. Once that decision was nailed down, it was on to a caterer.

When selecting The Room on Main, the catering service of CN Catering was required for all food and linens. Also the use of LeForce Entertainment (reveiwed separately) as lighting is also mandatory. For us, those two selections made things easier. Although CN Catering and The Room on Main are separate companies, David is able to talk with you in answering questions which pertain to both areas. That is quite helpful.

Please do not be concerned that you are required to use CN Catering. David makes himself available to answer questions and put you at ease. And the food, both in taste and presentation is outstanding! Our guests are still talking about the meal and service they received! Every comment has been extremely favorable.

One of my dearest friends summed the evening as 'elegant and personal'. What more could you want!

We had a few family members with severe food sensitivities and we were able to have something prepared for them which would meet their dietary needs.

You will have selections on linens to meet your price range as well as choices in foods to meet your budget.

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about David, The Room on Main, and CN Catering. Thank you for helping to make my daughter's wedding the wedding of her dreams.

Sent on 12/16/2015

The Room on Main's reply:

Thank you so much, Kathryn! You and Kara were an absolute pleasure to work with. Having clients like you reminds us why we love what we do. We are thrilled to hear what a wonderful time your guests have and know that they will be talking about Kara & David's beautiful wedding for years to come.

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2015

Where do I even start? The floor to ceiling windows? The chandeliers? The service? The I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Room on Main. First of all, I had SO many guests tell me that our wedding venue was one of the most beautiful locations that they had ever seen. At The Room on Main, they made sure that all of my visions came true. We had the most perfect wedding day and everything went off without a hitch. I would HIGHLY recommend using The Room on Main for your next event.

Sent on 08/27/2015

The Room on Main's reply:

Lauren- thank you, thank you, thank you! It was an absolute pleasure working with you & are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. From all of us at The Room on Main, we wish you and Zach a future filled with much love and happiness!

Jason · Married on 06/05/2015

The Room on Main was perfect in every way. From the space, staff, and food. David and Jennifer were amazing to work with. They are professional, attentive, and helpful. The food was amazing. David will help you make a menu and don't be shy about changing the menu around. We changed our menu after going to the tasting. Everyone raved about the food, the space, and the service. The room is beautiful at night especially with the uplighting ( Leforce). This place is a home run in every way.

Sent on 06/10/2015

The Room on Main's reply:

Jason - thank you so much for the kind words. We really try to go above & beyond for our clients to make sure that their experience is one-of-a-kind. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

Kim · Married on 04/11/2015

The perfect venue for a wedding reception!

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

I had my wedding reception at the Room on Main with CN Catering. Everything was EXACTLY as I wanted and the space was absolutely beautiful!! A couple of years ago I saw pictures of a wedding at the Room on Main and I knew then that it was where I wanted to have my reception. The Room is elegant and classic, and my colors were very traditional, so the Room went perfectly into what I envisioned. Jennifer at the Room on Main and David with CN Catering were absolutely amazing!! David was always so responsive and kind. He was always willing to be flexible/make any changes that I needed - even on the morning of the wedding!! They made the planning decision so much easier and seamless. They did the food, linens, plate settings, glasses, stage, and helped with the timing. It was exactly as I hoped! The food was ridiculously good!! I highly recommend the beef tenderloin station with asparagus, the pasta station with a salad and the mashed potato station. Our guests are still commenting on how good the food was!! I could not be more pleased with the way my reception went. I have heard horror stories and I do not think one thing went wrong on our wedding night - I love my vendors!! Thank you Room on Main and CN Catering for making our night one of the happiest we have ever had, we will cherish it forever!!

Laura · Married on 11/22/2014

I already thought that The Room was gorgeous without any decor, but they transformed it into the wedding of my dreams! It turned out to be so amazing and they helped us with anything we needed along the way. They were great about not bothering us on the wedding day and ensured that we got everything back that we brought with us. I want to do it all over again!

We could not have had our wedding reception at a better venue! First of all the room itself is amazingly beautiful! The dark hard wood floors, the floor to ceiling window, beautiful chandeliers, and the amazing view of downtown made the Room on Main absolutely wonderful. David and Lance are great to work with! C&N Catering provided the best tasting food. Our guests raved about the quality of the food, and the quick service! This place is efficient and wonderful! We truly recommend for anyone to have their wedding here! Our night was wonderful due to them!

Colleen · Married on 08/30/2014

The Room on Main is the best location to have a reception in Dallas! It is so beautiful! It's right in downtown on the 6th floor so has amazing views from every angle. Our family is also huge dancers so being the whole place is a wood floor makes the whole room instantly a dance floor as well! Everyone loved the food and the staff was very attentive. It's amazing!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/10/2014

Hands down, best experience working with Room on Main for our reception venue. Lance, Rebecca and David were so easy to work with and so helpful. In my opinion, you can't beat this space. Gorgeous floors, gorgeous windows, tall ceiling, amazing views, perfect size,. My biggest concern in picking a venue was making sure that everyone would feel a part of the wedding. A lot of the venues we looked at were long and narrow or spread out. This room was simply perfect. The entire staff was incredible. CN Catering provided some of the best wedding food our guests have ever experienced. I sincerely hope to attend a friend/family wedding there in the future.

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2014

We are very pleased by the services provided by the room on main staff and CN catering. They worked with my budget and accommodated all my needs and request. The venue is beautiful and gorgeous. All the guests had a great time!

Gina · Married on 01/19/2014

We had our wedding reception at The Room on Main and it was an excellent experience from top to bottom! When we first met with the owner of the company, we immediately felt that he was experienced, knew the business and that we'd be in really good hands. Everything went extremely smoothly and there was a lot of communication to make sure everyone was on the same page. They were also very flexible for some last minute table changes we had to make. And the food from C&N catering was phenomenal - we had almost every guest tell us how fantastic the food was! we also have to give a big shout out to Rebecca Hackl who we hired via The Room to be our wedding coordinator. She was the epitome of calm under pressure - guided us through everything we were clueless about, gave us reminders, worked with all our other vendors and made sure every i was dotted and t crossed, and helped the rehearsal and ceremony go soooooo smoothly! Not to mention - the space is just gorgeous. :)

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2013

This venue is not only absolutely gorgeous night and day, the staff is outstanding. They were a pleasure to work with from day one, continually going above and beyond in attentiveness, professionalism and willingness to help throughout the planning process. The do require you use CN Catering, which also delivered a perfect product and wonderful service. They lit candles for us, flipped the room smoothly and efficiently, always cleared the tables quickly and even helped with the cleanup (a bridesmaid left her bag with an ipad in it in the bridal suite and they made sure it left with a family member after the event).
    The only thing that could have been better was parking, we opted for the token option, which meant our guests would park in the garage directly across the street, and receive a voucher to use upon exiting so that there would be no cost to them. Unfortunately, the vouchers were not very well distributed, but I'm not sure if that was a lack of communication on our part or if people parked elsewhere.
    The whole team is so calm, and easy to work with. The venue is again, beautiful, has great views, great lighting, grooms and bridal suites and a ton of character.

Elizabeth · Married on 07/13/2013

The Room on Main was beautiful and the staff was great to work with. The set up and feel of the whole night was amazing. The food provided by CN Catering was talked about all night and after on how it was the best they have had at a wedding. We had the best night of our lives!!! Thank you

Cindy · Married on 09/22/2012

We did an extensive search for a venue. We were looking for a place that could accommodate 300+ guests. My daughter wanted something unique and not a hotel ballroom. She was also looking for something she could decorate in a "vintage" style. When we stepped into the ballroom on the 6th floor, we knew we had found it! There were beautiful, old ,wood floors, antique chandeliers, and 3 walls of windows, with a view of downtown Dallas. After booking, and meeting with CN Catering (they go with the venue, and are awesome) we were in Dallas, and drove by the building. There was a reception being prepared for, so we decided to go look. Lance, the owner, was there and sat down and talked with us. He gave us some pointers on wedding receptions. We really appreciated that he gave us his time, unplanned! We had assigned tables at the reception. Lance spent a lot of time with my daughter, trying to place the tables to her liking, and trying to make it comfortable and workable for a large guest list. We had 29 tables, with up to 10 people at a table. The night of the wedding reception, September 22, we were blown away by how the room looked and the service provided! The staff was superior. They were helpful and friendly! I was a little concerned about the ballroom being on the 6th floor and guests having to use the elevator to get to it. NOT A PROBLEM!! It went very smooth. We also had valet parking, and that was great!!! Guests were very pleased with the quick service. As I said before, we had 29 tables and 257 people. We had an 11 people band on a stage and a large dance floor. There was still plenty of room to move around and visit in between tables, and plenty of space in the back of the room to visit and get to the bar. We had a buffet on both sides of the room. That moved quickly. Kristen, the catering manager, was there throughout the evening making sure things ran smoothly. The temperature was very comfortable throughout the evening, even with non stop dancing.

Richard · event on: 06/06/2014

Great place to have an event. The staff was very professional. and the food from CN Catering was delish! I still dream about the crab cakes!

Tori · Married on 12/31/2017

The Room on Main is a 1st class venue. We had a New Year's Eve wedding and it was so magnificent. The venue itself is just stunning, you hardly need any decor. The food was incredible - and my husband and I actually got to taste it because the caterers put together a plate for us (we did stations - so lots of options!) and we got to eat quickly and efficiently. The service was professional and efficient, no staring at dirty glasses or plates all night.
    We loved every second of having our wedding at this venue. It is a little pricey, but at the end of the day, it was worth every single penny, and we wouldn't have changed a thing.

Laura · Married on 11/18/2016

We could not have selected a better venue to have our wedding at! It is so gorgeous and what made it all even better was the staff. We worked primarily with David, Kylie, and Jessica leading up to the wedding and they were responsive, accommodating, and professional. The wait staff the day of was efficient and took care of us the whole night. We absolutely loved the venue and our guests have continued to tell us how great the venue, location, and staff were!

Stephanie · Married on 07/25/2014

This venue was wonderful! We had around 150 guests and this was the perfect size! The room was beautiful and open and the staff was fantastic. My husband and I enjoyed working with them! I highly recommend this venue! David, who we worked with for the catering, was great!

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2017

Beautiful space. The food was great. Lots of room for larger events. Not a great value for the money but that is not rare in the wedding industry. Overall, I would definitely recommend Room on Main and CN Catering.

Saa · Married on 08/22/2015

Working with David was an excellent experience. He was easy to work with and to get in touch with and getting the final details nailed down was as simple as a 30 minute sit down. The venue is so perfectly simple and elegant that you don't have to do much to get a stunning event. I loved the windows and chandeliers.

Also, the catering group you use here is awesome. We did the pasta and I cannot tell you how many people called us to tell us how much they liked it. I go to plenty of corporate and charity events and hearing that people loved the food at any venue is pretty rare so I was very pleased we had such a great response!

I would use this venue all over again if I could do it again. Great experience!

Sent on 09/16/2015

The Room on Main's reply:

Wow! Thank you for this wonderful review. Having clients like you make our job so much easier! We are thrilled to hear that you and your guests had a great experience. Wishing y'all a lifetime of happiness!