The Room on Main Reviews

39 | Dallas, TX

39 Reviews for The Room on Main

• Tina

Tina Dannel · Getting married on 06/03/2022

One of dallas's best venues!

I have worked at a lot of venues in my years as a Wedding Planner and The Room on Main does it right! The venue is beautiful, it is such a gorgeous open space, it really allows for you to use your imagination and create a beautiful space your guests will love. The staff is super helpful and easy to work with. They go above and Beyond for their clients and to make sure everyone gets the event they dreamed of. I love working at The Room on Main and know if you choose it as your venue you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 03/30/2020

Kellie McMahan · Married on 07/26/2019

Amazing. That's all I can say to describe this venue.

The minute I walked into The Room on Main, I fell in love with the ballroom for it's large windows and natural light. The venue is indoor and can accommodate a large guest count, which was perfect for our July wedding. I appreciated the fact that the venue exclusively uses CN Catering and provide lighting services and linen rentals, as those were a few less vendors I needed to find on my own. The team provided a great planning timeline for me to reference and was responsive throughout the planning process for any questions or changes I wanted to make. On the day of, the venue was set up exactly as we discussed and was a comfortable temperature all night.

Sent on 08/25/2019
  • Jillian

Jillian · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Venue & Catering!

I can't say enough great things about The Room on Main and CN Catering. Our entire experience was wonderful. Our guests raved about the venue, food, and of course, the bar. The staff and service was incredible! They exceeded our expectations. The entire planning experience was so smooth. There was a transition of wedding planners while we planned our wedding. I feared this would become an issue, but they didn't skip a beat. This team is extremely professional and works hard to keep their client happy. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Juliette · Married on 06/09/2018

We were so happy to be able to use the beautiful Room on Main for our wedding reception. The venue is a gorgeous ballroom with amazing floor to ceiling windows across three walls. The natural light is a huge bonus for the room. The gorgeous wood flooring is perfect for a dance floor. Alma was helpful during the planning process addressing all questions promptly and with good detail. The Room on Main requires use of CN Catering for good & drinks. I was actually happy not to have to go and find a caterer on our own. We were also very happy with the service of CN Catering.

Sent on 06/29/2018

The Room on Main's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Juliette. We absolutely loved working with you and your mom to plan your special day.
    Congratulations!!

Melanie Hill Anderson · Married on 02/24/2018

Absolutely Amazing from start to finish!

Stunningly gorgeous venue with floor to ceiling windows & downtown views. One of the things that I love most about this venue is the staff....they are always so kind, professional, friendly and helpful. They truly care and want to make every event/wedding magical for every guest! You will be so happy when you select The Room on Main as your venue! Plus, the caterer, CN Catering has the most delicious food and great staff as well. Melanie

Sent on 10/29/2019

Amanda · Married on 11/17/2017

The Room on Main was both the first venue we looked at online and the first venue we toured in person. We immediately fell in love with the venue’s grandiose ambiance and it’s elegant, beautifully designed space. Although we did end up looking at a few other venues after our initial visit, we started comparing every venue we toured to the Room and decided we should just stop wasting time and book at the Room before it was too late. And I’m sure glad we did! I cannot begin to tell you how much we enjoyed our wedding and the wedding planning process with the Room. Alma was extremely accommodating and was always available to help answer questions and guide us throughout the planning process. I would highly recommend the Room on Main to anyone—you will not be disappoint!

Sent on 12/28/2017

Paige · Married on 10/21/2017

The Room on Main is amazing! The staff and planning crew are so helpful and sweet. They turned my wedding reception into an absolutely fairytale.

Sent on 11/04/2017

J · Married on 06/03/2017

It's hard to say enough good things about The Room on Main. The staff is great and very easy to work with. The room itself is so beautiful and unique with the hardwood floors, chandeliers and amazing tall windows. CN Catering, the dedicated caterer, was amazing and the food was delicious. The servers and bartenders at our event were so helpful and professional. Everything ran so smoothly. We had 175 guests and that left plenty of room for a large dance floor and plenty of room in between tables. Thanks to the Room on Main staff for an evening we will never forget!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Renee · Married on 05/07/2016

This room is beautiful and the staff is great! My daughters wedding was on May 7, 2016 and we couldn't have asked for a more professionally run venue! All of the set up was done on time and beautiful too! CN Catering did great work with the buffet dinner. The guests have been raving over the food! Would definitely recommend this venue

Sent on 05/25/2016

Kathryn · Married on 12/12/2015

Absolutely no regrets in our decision to use The Room on Main for my daughter's wedding. The Bride's love of wooden floors, tall windows overlooking the city, and chandeliers made the choice of The Room on Main as the wedding/reception venue an obvious choice. Once that decision was nailed down, it was on to a caterer.

When selecting The Room on Main, the catering service of CN Catering was required for all food and linens. Also the use of LeForce Entertainment (reveiwed separately) as lighting is also mandatory. For us, those two selections made things easier. Although CN Catering and The Room on Main are separate companies, David is able to talk with you in answering questions which pertain to both areas. That is quite helpful.

Please do not be concerned that you are required to use CN Catering. David makes himself available to answer questions and put you at ease. And the food, both in taste and presentation is outstanding! Our guests are still talking about the meal and service they received! Every comment has been extremely favorable.

One of my dearest friends summed the evening as 'elegant and personal'. What more could you want!

We had a few family members with severe food sensitivities and we were able to have something prepared for them which would meet their dietary needs.

You will have selections on linens to meet your price range as well as choices in foods to meet your budget.

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about David, The Room on Main, and CN Catering. Thank you for helping to make my daughter's wedding the wedding of her dreams.

Sent on 12/16/2015

The Room on Main's reply:

Thank you so much, Kathryn! You and Kara were an absolute pleasure to work with. Having clients like you reminds us why we love what we do. We are thrilled to hear what a wonderful time your guests have and know that they will be talking about Kara & David's beautiful wedding for years to come.

Lauren · Married on 07/11/2015

Where do I even start? The floor to ceiling windows? The chandeliers? The service? The I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Room on Main. First of all, I had SO many guests tell me that our wedding venue was one of the most beautiful locations that they had ever seen. At The Room on Main, they made sure that all of my visions came true. We had the most perfect wedding day and everything went off without a hitch. I would HIGHLY recommend using The Room on Main for your next event.

Sent on 08/27/2015

The Room on Main's reply:

Lauren- thank you, thank you, thank you! It was an absolute pleasure working with you & are thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. From all of us at The Room on Main, we wish you and Zach a future filled with much love and happiness!

Jason · Married on 06/05/2015

The Room on Main was perfect in every way. From the space, staff, and food. David and Jennifer were amazing to work with. They are professional, attentive, and helpful. The food was amazing. David will help you make a menu and don't be shy about changing the menu around. We changed our menu after going to the tasting. Everyone raved about the food, the space, and the service. The room is beautiful at night especially with the uplighting ( Leforce). This place is a home run in every way.

Sent on 06/10/2015

The Room on Main's reply:

Jason - thank you so much for the kind words. We really try to go above & beyond for our clients to make sure that their experience is one-of-a-kind. Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

Kim · Married on 04/11/2015

The perfect venue for a wedding reception!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/21/2015

I had my wedding reception at the Room on Main with CN Catering. Everything was EXACTLY as I wanted and the space was absolutely beautiful!! A couple of years ago I saw pictures of a wedding at the Room on Main and I knew then that it was where I wanted to have my reception. The Room is elegant and classic, and my colors were very traditional, so the Room went perfectly into what I envisioned. Jennifer at the Room on Main and David with CN Catering were absolutely amazing!! David was always so responsive and kind. He was always willing to be flexible/make any changes that I needed - even on the morning of the wedding!! They made the planning decision so much easier and seamless. They did the food, linens, plate settings, glasses, stage, and helped with the timing. It was exactly as I hoped! The food was ridiculously good!! I highly recommend the beef tenderloin station with asparagus, the pasta station with a salad and the mashed potato station. Our guests are still commenting on how good the food was!! I could not be more pleased with the way my reception went. I have heard horror stories and I do not think one thing went wrong on our wedding night - I love my vendors!! Thank you Room on Main and CN Catering for making our night one of the happiest we have ever had, we will cherish it forever!!

Sent on 04/23/2015

Laura · Married on 11/22/2014

I already thought that The Room was gorgeous without any decor, but they transformed it into the wedding of my dreams! It turned out to be so amazing and they helped us with anything we needed along the way. They were great about not bothering us on the wedding day and ensured that we got everything back that we brought with us. I want to do it all over again!

Sent on 12/01/2014

We could not have had our wedding reception at a better venue! First of all the room itself is amazingly beautiful! The dark hard wood floors, the floor to ceiling window, beautiful chandeliers, and the amazing view of downtown made the Room on Main absolutely wonderful. David and Lance are great to work with! C&N Catering provided the best tasting food. Our guests raved about the quality of the food, and the quick service! This place is efficient and wonderful! We truly recommend for anyone to have their wedding here! Our night was wonderful due to them!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Colleen · Married on 08/30/2014

The Room on Main is the best location to have a reception in Dallas! It is so beautiful! It's right in downtown on the 6th floor so has amazing views from every angle. Our family is also huge dancers so being the whole place is a wood floor makes the whole room instantly a dance floor as well! Everyone loved the food and the staff was very attentive. It's amazing!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Richard · event on: 06/06/2014

Great place to have an event. The staff was very professional. and the food from CN Catering was delish! I still dream about the crab cakes!

Sent on 06/12/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/10/2014

Hands down, best experience working with Room on Main for our reception venue. Lance, Rebecca and David were so easy to work with and so helpful. In my opinion, you can't beat this space. Gorgeous floors, gorgeous windows, tall ceiling, amazing views, perfect size,. My biggest concern in picking a venue was making sure that everyone would feel a part of the wedding. A lot of the venues we looked at were long and narrow or spread out. This room was simply perfect. The entire staff was incredible. CN Catering provided some of the best wedding food our guests have ever experienced. I sincerely hope to attend a friend/family wedding there in the future.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2014

We are very pleased by the services provided by the room on main staff and CN catering. They worked with my budget and accommodated all my needs and request. The venue is beautiful and gorgeous. All the guests had a great time!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Gina · Married on 01/19/2014

We had our wedding reception at The Room on Main and it was an excellent experience from top to bottom! When we first met with the owner of the company, we immediately felt that he was experienced, knew the business and that we'd be in really good hands. Everything went extremely smoothly and there was a lot of communication to make sure everyone was on the same page. They were also very flexible for some last minute table changes we had to make. And the food from C&N catering was phenomenal - we had almost every guest tell us how fantastic the food was! we also have to give a big shout out to Rebecca Hackl who we hired via The Room to be our wedding coordinator. She was the epitome of calm under pressure - guided us through everything we were clueless about, gave us reminders, worked with all our other vendors and made sure every i was dotted and t crossed, and helped the rehearsal and ceremony go soooooo smoothly! Not to mention - the space is just gorgeous. :)

Sent on 02/28/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2013

This venue is not only absolutely gorgeous night and day, the staff is outstanding. They were a pleasure to work with from day one, continually going above and beyond in attentiveness, professionalism and willingness to help throughout the planning process. The do require you use CN Catering, which also delivered a perfect product and wonderful service. They lit candles for us, flipped the room smoothly and efficiently, always cleared the tables quickly and even helped with the cleanup (a bridesmaid left her bag with an ipad in it in the bridal suite and they made sure it left with a family member after the event).
    The only thing that could have been better was parking, we opted for the token option, which meant our guests would park in the garage directly across the street, and receive a voucher to use upon exiting so that there would be no cost to them. Unfortunately, the vouchers were not very well distributed, but I'm not sure if that was a lack of communication on our part or if people parked elsewhere.
    The whole team is so calm, and easy to work with. The venue is again, beautiful, has great views, great lighting, grooms and bridal suites and a ton of character.

Sent on 10/04/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 07/13/2013

The Room on Main was beautiful and the staff was great to work with. The set up and feel of the whole night was amazing. The food provided by CN Catering was talked about all night and after on how it was the best they have had at a wedding. We had the best night of our lives!!! Thank you

Sent on 08/01/2013

Cindy · Married on 09/22/2012

We did an extensive search for a venue. We were looking for a place that could accommodate 300+ guests. My daughter wanted something unique and not a hotel ballroom. She was also looking for something she could decorate in a "vintage" style. When we stepped into the ballroom on the 6th floor, we knew we had found it! There were beautiful, old ,wood floors, antique chandeliers, and 3 walls of windows, with a view of downtown Dallas. After booking, and meeting with CN Catering (they go with the venue, and are awesome) we were in Dallas, and drove by the building. There was a reception being prepared for, so we decided to go look. Lance, the owner, was there and sat down and talked with us. He gave us some pointers on wedding receptions. We really appreciated that he gave us his time, unplanned! We had assigned tables at the reception. Lance spent a lot of time with my daughter, trying to place the tables to her liking, and trying to make it comfortable and workable for a large guest list. We had 29 tables, with up to 10 people at a table. The night of the wedding reception, September 22, we were blown away by how the room looked and the service provided! The staff was superior. They were helpful and friendly! I was a little concerned about the ballroom being on the 6th floor and guests having to use the elevator to get to it. NOT A PROBLEM!! It went very smooth. We also had valet parking, and that was great!!! Guests were very pleased with the quick service. As I said before, we had 29 tables and 257 people. We had an 11 people band on a stage and a large dance floor. There was still plenty of room to move around and visit in between tables, and plenty of space in the back of the room to visit and get to the bar. We had a buffet on both sides of the room. That moved quickly. Kristen, the catering manager, was there throughout the evening making sure things ran smoothly. The temperature was very comfortable throughout the evening, even with non stop dancing.

Sent on 10/23/2012