The River Room Reviews

95 Reviews for The River Room

• Gwen

Gwen Boyd Mark · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Great venue!!

Brittanie was wonderful to email, talk to & meet! She is very helpful and professional. We are excited to have our wedding at this beautiful venue next October! Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/05/2020

The River Room's reply:

Gwen and Josh- we are so thrilled to be hosting your wedding with us. Its going to one special day and we can not wait to help you celebrate. Cheers to 2021 being the best year!!

Stephanie Kelly · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Amazing venue, even better staff!

The River Room stands alone when it comes to its beauty but its very rare to find a staff that exceeds all expectations! Whenever I had a question they were quick to respond and even down to the day of they helped me with WHATEVER I needed! Needless to say I will recommend The River Room to every bride!

Sent on 12/01/2020

Stephanie Kelly · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Amazing venue, even better staff!

Sent on 12/01/2020
  • Megan

Megan Ward · Married on 11/07/2020

Beautiful Riverfront Venue

I started looking for wedding/reception venues as soon as my now husband and I got engaged. We toured a couple places before finding The River Room, and as soon as I walked through the doors there I knew I had found exactly what we were looking for. The character and charm of the building itself are captivating, but the views of the river are absolutely stunning. We chose to have our cocktail hour and reception at The River Room! The riverfront deck outside made the perfect place to setup our cocktail hour, and allowed our guests to enjoy the beautiful views of the sunset over the river. Not only is it a beautiful venue, but I knew we were in good hands from the start when we first contacted them about setting up a tour. Brittanie promptly responded to every email and made setting up a tour super easy, and kept in touch to answer any questions we had throughout our planning. We could not have chosen a more perfect venue for our big day!

Sent on 12/02/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Talbott · Married on 10/10/2020

Exceptional Venue

We originally started planning a small intimate wedding with intentions to have and outdoor wedding ceremony and reception at my father in laws residence; however we quickly realized that entailed a lot of detail - not to mention the uncertainty of the weather! Our vision has always been to have an outdoor wedding with the option of an indoor/outdoor venue. We began exploring other options and had already booked Brittanie as our wedding planner who is conveniently the manager of the venue at the River Room. Without hesitation she informed us that it was available on our date after a recent cancellation. After viewing the venue in person we knew right away this was our dream venue! The river room is already beautiful without much decoration required to achieve a stunning wedding! Our wedding ceremony took place outside on the deck which was absolutely breathtaking with the river view as the backdrop! The reception took place inside the building with minimal decoration required with the natural exposed brick and white floors. In addition the tables and chairs were included as an added bonus. My husband and I are both over the moon with how our special day turned out and would 100% do it all over again. I highly recommend the River Room!!!

Sent on 12/11/2020
  • Juli

Juli Barnes · Married on 05/15/2020

Amazing Venue

Everything about The River Room was outstanding! Planning a wedding during a pandemic should have been stressful. However, Brittanie was awesome to work with and VERY accommodating with our ever changing ceremony plans. If you are considering this venue, I would not hesitate to book it. You will NOT be sorry!!

Sent on 05/19/2020

Juli,
    Thank you so much for your sweet words! COVID has been a challenge for so many couples this year but we appreciate you trusting us with your wedding. It was so amazing being able to host your sweet and intimate ceremony with us here at The River Room.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Hodgin · Married on 04/25/2020

Best Day Ever

We can’t thank George and the rest of his team at The River Room for the most amazing wedding day!!!! From the moment we saw this venue we knew it was the ONE!!! The views were out of this world. We used the deck for our ceremony and the reception was inside. Take a look at the pictures to see just how beautiful it was!!!! We also loved that it was Downtown Wilmington which gave our guests freedom to explore during their stay as well.
    We planned our entire Wedding long distance which I was a little uneasy about at first. George made this extremely easy by giving us a list of preferred vendors. Each vendor we choose was AMAZING. We can’t thank the team at The River Room for their time and effort for making this truly the best day ever for us!!!! I would do it over in minute and wouldn’t change a thing about it.

Sent on 04/15/2020

Jennifer,
    You wedding was beautiful from start to finish. We loved the farm tables and tons of florals that your florist brought in. The Room looked beautiful and you looked absolutely stunning. What a sweet moment it was to do your first look overlooking the Cape Fear River- those were some amazing photos and I know such a special moment for you two. Thank you for trusting us with such an important day.

Nazario Allen · Married on 12/04/2019

Couldn’t have chosen a better place!

Everything turned out just the way I wanted. They did such an amazing job. The location was just beautiful. I would for sure recommend everyone to have their wedding here!

Sent on 01/04/2020

The River Room's reply:

Nazario- Your wedding was simply beautiful! We loved the farm tables and elegant touches you had throughout your wedding decor. The ceremony was so sweet and touching and it was amazing to see all your family and friends surrounding you both. Wishing you and Nathaniel all the happiness!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 11/23/2019

Perfect venue

Having our wedding at The River Room was amazing! George and his staff were very friendly and accommodating! The venue itself is beautifully located & made for some great pictures that we’ll cherish forever.
    Thank you George & staff!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Heather,
    Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved being apart of your wedding and witnessing such a special day with you and your families.
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 08/18/2019

Awesome Venue

We absolutely loved having our wedding and reception at the River room! We ended up being worried about rain the morning of and the staff were completely on top of it and got reception tables rearranged and the ceremony space set up inside for us. It was awesome that we were able to work with all of our favorite vendors cents the river room doesn’t restrict which vendors were allowed to work with. And on top of that, the space is absolutely beautiful. We actually booked before the remodel so we were a little bit nervous about how things it was awesome that we were able to work with all of our favorite vendors sense the river room doesn’t restrict which vendors were allowed to work with. On top of all that, the space is absolutely beautiful both inside and the amazing view! We actually booked before the remodel so we were a little bit nervous about how things would change, but it looked even better on our wedding day than when we booked. Booking/contracts/payment were all east to understand and super accessible and I never had an issue getting my (many) questions answered in the almost 16 months between booking and wedding day. I would recommend the River Room to anyone looking for a wedding ceremony or reception venue (or both)!

Sent on 01/21/2020

Haley · Married on 06/15/2019

Summer Wedding at The River Room

We had our wedding at The River Room in downtown Wilmington and we would highly recommend and do it a million times over. We were looking for an affordable place to have our reception and the fact it was River front made it an easy pick, especially with the beautiful, recent remodel. They were easy to work with and had great recommendations for vendors, all who we were able to handpick. This is the only water front venue and worked perfect for us as we had our ceremony across the river at Battleship Park and had a ferry directly to The River Room for our reception. Perfect day for sure!

Sent on 12/20/2019

The River Room's reply:

Haley, Thank you so much for your sweet review! Your wedding was simply beautiful and we loved the fun family style dinner and stunning farm tables. Also a HUGE Congratulations to you and Ryan, with your sweet baby girl on the way!

Angela · Married on 11/25/2018

Thanks chandi you guys are the best.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Sadie · Married on 03/19/2017

It was the perfect space and they were super easy going. They helped me with a lot and gave great advice when I needed it. Responded quickly, had great tips and was wonderful throughout the entire process.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Madison · Married on 11/13/2016

Truly blown away by the patience, thought and care thatnThe River Room provided us on my wedding day. They responded to any and all e-mails and calls from a nervous bride quickly and happily, making me feel like I was the only thing they had going on. They let us come in a day early to set up the venue and patiently hung out while my family set up. On my actual wedding day, they went above and beyond to make sure that not only was the wedding flawless, but they were so kind to me. They made sure I had water and time to eat and checked in periodically, just to make sure I was okay. They made my dream wedding a reality and were so much more than I could have ever hoped for. I am so thankful for Shannon and all of the staff at The River Room. You all were truly a blessing and made me the happiest bride in existence. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything!

Sent on 02/11/2017

Rebecca · Married on 10/16/2016

My husband and I had our reception at The River Room and I have to say it was beautiful . The location in downtown Wilmington was fabulous, it's right on the Cape Fear River and the look and feel of everything is historic which is what we wanted. The staff, Shannon and Hayley were awesome to work with also. I would recommend The River Room to others who want the feel of historic downtown and the view of wanting to be near the water. I'm glad we picked The River Room for our reception area.

Sent on 10/20/2016
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 06/18/2016

The venue was very reasonably priced and beautiful. My guests had an amazing time and I couldn't recommend it more. Loved that they include tables and chairs.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Nikki · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I chose the RiverRoom for our ceremony and reception last weekend - we are from out of town and immediately loved the scenery and ambiance that the venue provided. It did not disappoint! We used the deck for an outdoor ceremony, and held the cocktail hour and reception inside. Everything was absolutely perfect and picturesque! We had so many compliments from friends who loved the venue. The exposed brick and Edison lighting (extra) were great backdrops to the evening. This is a smaller venue for smaller weddings, which is just what we were looking for - but we also loved that we could pick our own caterer and bring all of our own alcohol, which really helped us keep costs affordable (especially for a couple who lives near DC!). Plus, the venue is walking distance to hotels and downtown restaurants/bars, which made transportation a non-issue! We can't imagine having gone anywhere else!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Bethany · Married on 12/31/2015

The RiverRoom was one of the best venues I have ever worked with. Shannon was amazing and made sure that everything went smoothly throughout the night. I love how flexible they let you be with your own decorations and vision for the event. It was perfect!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Lynn · Married on 12/02/2015

Great venue. Very helpful staff.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Charlotte · Married on 11/06/2015

The River Room was the perfect place for our wedding. We had about 80 guests, which filled the space nicely while keeping it intimate and spacious at the same time. Shannon, the planner working with us, was amazing and helpful during the day of the wedding to keep everything organized. We had a lot of compliments on the location and beauty of the space.

Sent on 11/18/2015

Meena · Married on 10/25/2015

Shannon was of great help!!! Any questions I had or ideas she was readily available and helped tremendously through this process! Also the DJ David did a great job too!!

Sent on 11/06/2015

melissa · Married on 10/23/2015

Shannon was awesome. The venue looked great, she stayed until the very end and over our time to help us pack away food and decor. She always made sure my husband and I had food and drink. She even helped me with my bustle. I couldn't ask for better.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/16/2015

If you are looking for the perfect venue for you wedding and reception, then you need to pick The River Room! The staff went above and beyond to make sure our day went smoothly and perfectly! I would highly recommend them to anyone! It was so perfect, we wanted to relive the whole day again!!! Top Notch!! Thank you River Room for making our day amazing!!!

Sent on 12/09/2015

lily · Married on 10/09/2015

Thank you River Room that it was a great reception! Shannon was awesome!!!

Sent on 10/16/2015

We loved having our wedding at the River Room! The venue is beautiful and it's location is truly ideal. Our friends and family from out of town loved all of the options that downtown Wilmington provides for before and after the wedding. We knew the River Room was perfect for us when we found out that we could have the look we were going for and the price we could afford. Also, we loved that we could choose our own caterer and bring our own alcohol/drinks. We had around 80 guests and everyone fit comfortably- not too crowded and not too spread out.

Shannon from the River Room was extremely helpful with our wedding! She was calm and patient and helped us work through the what-if's with rain in the forecast. She helped the entire day (adding baby's breath to our cake when we realized our cake stand was too small, setting up the guest book table, working with the rental company to help set up the ceremony space, communicating between the bride and groom, and to top it all off- she had a safety pin when we really needed one for my dress!).

Our DJ from DJ Professionals was awesome and helped us keep the party going. We had no idea about the order of events or how things should flow for the evening and he helped us through all of that.

We would highly recommend the River Room. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/18/2015