The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota Reviews

The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota 7
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 10/05/2018

An Absolute Fairytale!!!

I worked with Jane Griffin as my wedding specialist. From the moment I walked through the door at the Ritz-Carlton for my first venue tour, I was treated like royalty. The staff members, customer service, and overall experience at the Ritz-Carlton is like no other. My wedding day was so memorable and absolutely beautiful. I can't say enough good things about this venue and recommend it for any highly particular, glamorous, perfectionist bride!!!

Sent on 11/08/2018

a · Married on 04/15/2018

We loved working with Jane. We had a wonderful day- couldn't be happier with our experience! She was fun, responsive and professional all along. The property is gorgeous and the staff is top notch. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota 8
    The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota 9
    The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota 10
    The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota 11
    The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota 12

Diana · Married on 02/25/2017

Phenomenal job on hair and makeup! I can't say enough great things about Carolyn, the event coordinator, and the talented staff. I felt and looked like a princess on the happiest day of my life!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot say enough good things about the Ritz Carlton, Sarasota. They catered to our every need and delivered on all request made! They were professional, timely and did not miss a detail. They not only took the time to get to know my husband and I but our families as well. The team that we worked with was exceptional and helped make our wedding day one to remember! No matter how small or big a request, the team took care of us and made sure everyone (including our vendors) were taken care of. You would expect this from all Ritz Carlton properties but I have to say, the staff at this one takes the cake! So many hotels/properties we looked at had various restrictions and the Ritz Sarasota allowed us to have the wedding we always dreamed of!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Debra · Married on 09/04/2016

While you would expect nothing but the best from the Ritz, the entire staff blew us away with their personal touch, attention to detail and accommodating nature. We will remember our wedding day with all the love and fondness we experienced that day largely due to the people at the Ritz who made this all possible.

Sent on 10/01/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/07/2016

I planned my wedding from Colorado without ever being in Sarasota or seeing the venue. The wedding specialist, Jill Paterson, did a wonderful job making sure my event went smoothly. Her and Rosemary made sure that they could accommodate our requests. In fact I emailed her yesterday to get reward points. The reception room was setup beautifully!

The food was delicious too! Highly recommend the chip bar - the guests loved the queso!! The cheese platter and the macaroons were very good too.

Sent on 05/26/2016

Kelly · Married on 04/30/2016

We stayed with the Ritz on our wedding night and had all of our hair and make up services provided during the day before the wedding. Duh they get 5 starts... it's the Ritz. You get what you pay for. Customer service is above and beyond.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Jane · Married on 07/26/2015

I was thrilled with the Ritz Carlton for our wedding. We were treated so well by every staff member. Our sales director, Rosemary , and our wedding coordinator, Vanessa, were beyond professional and a pleasure to work with. Their attention to detail could not have been surpassed.

Sent on 08/10/2015

James · Married on 07/08/2014

We had an incredible celebration at Ritz-Carlton's Beach Club in Sarasota. Thank you so much to all of the staff involved and all of their hard work in making our day so special.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Kathy · Married on 07/13/2013

Everything was great the food was fab the ballroom gorgeous the ceremony on the bay was beautiful we even held off the rain. Would highly recommend the Ritz.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Liz · Married on 06/15/2013

From the beginning every one who we came into contact with was over the top amazing. I knew the day we visited it was the place to host our wedding. We had a destination wedding and made it a fun filled weekend, they Ritz was over the top amazing. Kate and her team made my special day stress free, as well as responding so quickly to any request we had no matter how small or large. I was blown away with our experience at the Ritz and highly reccomend them for any celebration you may have in your future.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Lesley · Married on 04/19/2013

After our private ceremony (offsite), we held a small dinner reception for us and our 5 guests and the Ritz-Carlton Sarasota's Jack Dusty restaurant. They gave us spectacular service and attention. The food & cocktails were excellent. We loved every part of our experience here, start to finish. Would recommend for a casual wedding or rehearsal dinner!

Sent on 05/05/2013

Trisha · Married on 04/04/2013

We started planning a destination beach wedding in September 2012. We spent countless hours/days/weeks reading the wedding wire reviews. We looked at about 6 venues around the St Pete area and are extremely pleased we chose The Ritz Carlton, Sarasota, Florida. Chris Starman was very helpful from the beginning to the end, he was quick to answer all questions.
    Mariela was assigned to be our wedding day coordinator. We were impressed with her attention to details, organizational skills, patience, quick response to questions, suggestions, and dedication to making a smooth ,terrific wedding day experience. Due to torrential rain the morning of, a decision had to be made as to where everything would now take place. The rain continued. So my outdoor beach ceremony and reception became an outdoor patio ceremony and a ballroom. They went above and beyond to make sure the space was perfect. They put extra time into the details; setting up the dinner tables, the presentation of the dinner and the atmosphere all around. My guest had the best time even through the horrible weather.
    The hot and cold appetizers that Chris Starman and Mariela recommended were a huge hit. As for the dinner, I was pleasantly surprised as to how tender the steak was. As it turned out it we chose the yellow cake with key lime filing and topped with fresh strawberries and it was scrumptiousNot your average wedding food!
    Cindy and the beach club staff were extremely accommodating and helpful when visiting the venue and during the rehearsal. They all knew what was going on, where we should be and made sure that we were taken care of. The staff overall at the Ritz, was amazing, very friendly, professional, accommodating, reassuring, and cared about my wedding. All the staff made it a point to ask if we or our guest needed anything throughout our entire stay.
    The Ritz staff went above and beyond to make our tears of sadness turn into tears of joy that evening. Thank you!

Sent on 04/23/2013

Jade · Married on 06/27/2010

The Ritz Carlton Sarasota was the absolute best place to have my wedding! It was beyond what I could have imagined. My ceremony took place on the beach at the Ritz Carlton Members Beach Club, and the reception was at the beach club inside at the grill. The location was just perfect. But, the staff made everything that much better! I couldn't have asked for a better team of people to help me plan and to carry out everything on my Big Day! Kim was exceptional, she made everything go so smoothly without me having to lift a finger! Maria and Stacy were wonderful and so sweet as well! Me and the entire wedding party and guests couldn't get over just how nice and friendly everyone was! Absolutly the best venue! Thanks so much everyone for making our day the best ever!

Sent on 07/07/2010
  • jenna

jennifer · Married on 09/11/2008

I cannot say enough good things about the staff and service at the Ritz. We were faced with relocating our entire wedding one week before the event due to an impending hurricane. They handled the deadline with ease, gently guided us through our choices, and worked with our original budget even though it was one third less than the set pricing structure. The hurricane ended up missing us, so we attempted an outdoor ceremony, but when the time came...so did the rain. The Ritz staff relocated our wedding indoors with lightening speed. The service at the reception was delightful, the food was delicious, and our wedding went from disater to fabulous. "Thank you" does not even come close to expressing our gratitude.

Sent on 08/06/2009

Ryan · Married on 02/28/2016

The property and staff are AMAZING!!!

Sent on 12/12/2016
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 04/13/2019

Perfect Venue for a Perfect Day

We had our wedding at the Ritz-Carlton Sarasota Lido Beach Club location and the day went just perfect! The staff was amazing with their attention to detail and everything ran so smoothly! They were helpful in their vendor recommendations and the one's we went with, were above our expectations. I asked a lot of questions throughout the wedding planning process and they were kind enough to assist with everything along the way. We cannot thank the staff enough for executing the best day.

Sent on 06/14/2019

From the moment we walked into the Ritz-Carlton Sarasota I immediately knew this was the place for my wedding. The professionism of the Sales staff especially Rosemary to my assigned Event Planner, Vanessa was nothing less than top notch. They made sure every detail was covered from A-Z. With many out-of-town guests, I continually received positive feedback on the entire experience from check-in, to the quality of the rooms, and the food was amazing each and every time. My ceremony and reception were excuted flawlessly. Once the wedding day had arrived, they cared for everything so I could truly enjoy the moment of being the bride. Guests were all amazed through the ceremony and reception. They made sure I had a wedding that every girl dreams of.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Dominique · Married on 12/04/2012

We are from the UK so had to do everything via the internet. I was initially nervous as my wedding co-ordintaor from the Ritz was very slow to get back to my emails and got a lot of things wrong - u really have to keep on top of the invoices as a lot of mine were wrong. However my wedding day was AMAZING!!! The Ritz is a STUNNING location and we had a beautiful sunset as we were married. The food was delicious and the service surpassed our expectations. We would definitely recommend the Ritz as the perfect venue!

Sent on 12/15/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/22/2011

We got married on the lawn at the Ritz Member’s Beach club and had the reception upstairs at the sunset terrace. The venue is absolutely stunning, all of our pictures turned out gorgeous because of the backdrop. The food was amazing and our cake turned out beautifully. We worked with Lourdes for our wedding. She was very accommodating and made sure everything would be perfect on the big day. The rest of the staff was wonderful as well. Our wedding was everything we dreamed of. Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 12/06/2011

Carolyn · Married on 10/17/2010

Everything about the Ritz was wonderful. The Beach Club setting was amazing and everyone who was affiliated with our wedding day made sure everything was spectacular. We could not have asked for anything more!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2010

Our wedding day was perfect! I wanted to acknowledge the salon and spa people as they did my (and my mothers) hair/makeup perfectly. The Hotel itself was beautiful and the staff were beyond friendly. We absolutely loved our wedding...it was perfect

Sent on 10/17/2010
  • KrisF28

Kristen · Married on 03/06/2010

The food from the Ritz-Carlton in Sarasota was absolutely amazing. They were very helpful in helping us select and perfect the perfect menu for our wedding day. We also got our cake from the Ritz-Carlton and they did exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 04/25/2010

Sabrina · Married on 10/21/2017

My wedding was absolutely beautiful! The grounds at the Beach Club and Ritz Carlton Hotel make for the perfect backdrop for a wedding. Everyone could not get over the views. The service was top notch, from the planning to the execution the day of the wedding. Their banquet crew is phenomenal! The food was delicious, the presentation perfect, and the attention to detail exceptional. They made sure my husband and I were taken care of all night. We never had to go to the bar for a drink and they made sure we had time to finish our meals. Everything was perfect!

Sent on 10/28/2017

We had our wedding in June at the members beach club on Lido Key, Sarasota. The area was beautiful and the site was amazing. Overall I was very happy with the service and have no real complaints, but that was not without many hours of coordination and planning (this was a destination wedding). I felt if we didn't push for certain items, it may have been a totally different experience. For example, we had our ceremony on the beach,the cost was $3000.00 to use the beach. Part of the experience was that water would be provided, if we did not inquire on how this would be done, it would of been just white plastic tables without cloth and plain plastic pitchers of water. After multiple conversations, this was changed to nice glass water dispensers with lemon or lime mixed on top of white table clothes and real glasses. This may seem to be a minor issue, but to us its all about presentation. When I chose the Ritz, I expected A++ presentation, but you really have to be on top of them to get what you paid for.

The service and staff lead by Wedding Coordinator Cesar Garza was excellent, the staff during the reception were amazing. My only advice is that the person who shows you the package, i.e the sales person is not on the same page as the wedding coordinator. The sales people will tell you they do everything, well that is not the case. We eventually got everything we were promised, but it required extra phone calls.

I am happy with my finished product and have zero regrets, Our wedding was great, it was a blast, the food was great and service was above par. Oh, my only slight disappointment was the cake and lighting. The lighting who was associated with the Ritz was very weak and definitely not worth the money. The cake was was overpriced for what we got and taste was ok. I wish I had outsourced the cake...

Sent on 11/12/2012