The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge Reviews

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 5
The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 6
The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 7

Chris · Married on 03/17/2013

Played great dance music. Very personable !

Sent on 04/10/2013

The Ridges is a beautiful venue!!! It was perfect and exactly what we needed. What really pushes this place over the top is Renee. She answered every question we had quickly and with ease. She was a pleasure to work with. All of the staff is very warm and excellent at what they do.

Sent on 02/18/2013

Karina · Married on 10/13/2012

It was absolutely the best place to have a wedding. The outdoor ceremony by the lake was gorgeous and everything was set up exactly like I had dreamed. The reception at the outdoor pavilion was magical. Renee and the whole staff at the resort were more than accommodating to our every need. They have various location for a reception and since we were such a small wedding the location we chose was perfect. The staff helps you with everything. They go above and beyond what you expect. They make sure your relax and enjoy your day. I highly recommend this location for a wedding in the Georgia Mountains.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Kristian · Married on 09/02/2012

Absolutely amazing! Renee was wonderful and the venue was perfection. I would not have changed a thing! THANK YOU, RENEE!!

Sent on 09/16/2012

violet · Married on 06/08/2012

The Ridges was an absolutely beautiful place to hold a wedding. All the staff at the Ridges were extremely helpful and very pleasant. The food was great and everything went as planned. Renee, the wedding coordinator, was wonderful to work with. My daughter and son-in-law said they loved every minute of their wedding day! I would say it was a huge success!

Sent on 06/17/2012

violet · Married on 06/08/2012

Rebee Bebee was extremely helpful in all areas of Missy and Matt's wedding at the Ridges Resort. The staff was friendly and the food was delicious. Renee made sure all our needs were met and the wedding was beautiful. You could not ask for a more gorgeous setting than having the ceremony right on the lake with the mountains in the background! Missy and Matt said they could not have asked for more.

Sent on 08/07/2012

leah · Married on 05/26/2012

As I was walking around at my reception, a bridesmaid came up to me and asked, "How does it feel to be living in a storybook?" I replied, "I feel like a princess." The Ridges was the perfect backdrop for my storybook wedding. Renee, the wedding coordinator, was my own fairy godmother. She was a dream to work with. She and all the staff at the Ridges were sweet, flexible, and accomodating. I went to several venues in North Georgia, and looked at even more online. When I went to the Ridges, my fiance and I knew from the moment we arrived that we had found the perfect place. Upon walking inside, the staff knew our names when we walked in the door. The grounds were beautiful, and intimate. It was big enough to have things to do: boats, firepits, walking around the lake, eat at one of their lakeside restaurants. But all in the same location, so that we didn't have to get back into our car the entire time we were there. If they wanted to, guests could drive to Helen to do some mountain town shopping. I have heard from several guests that this was the most fun wedding they have attended. Because of the staff and the location, those who came could leave their cares behind, and rest and relax from Thursday - Sunday. I highly recommend the Ridges.

Sent on 06/02/2012

Lita · Married on 12/13/2011

The search for our daughter’s perfect December 2011 wedding and reception location ended when we visited The Ridges Resort & Marina on Lake Chatuge, in the mountains of northeast Georgia. AJ and I met with Renee Beebe and her calm, confident and professional attitude, as we discussed the event, calmed us and we knew we had the place! The owner of the Ridges, Mitchell Jones, stopped by and assured us that all would be perfect and it was!

Renee worked on the dozens of details in the following weeks and I’m not sure what I would have done without her knowledge and capable assistance.

We’ve received numerous compliments on the locations we used for the ceremony, the cocktail hour and reception. The cozy, warm, lodge-like area off the lobby, with its beautiful fireplace and hearth was perfect for the ceremony. Already beautifully decorated for the holidays, it was elegant, intimate and a perfect size for nearly 100 guests.

The Red Banks Ridge Room was where the reception was held and their staff helped our cake vendor and band get ready and all raved about the staff attentiveness, the décor and food! We had a great menu to select from and the candles, fireplace, dance floor, area for cake, etc… were just right! The staff helped make the reception fun, kept us on schedule and the bride and groom had such a good time. It was the bride’s party and they were there to make her happy!

A variety of overnight accommodations for family and friends was available and made it easier to enjoy the event.

Our daughter says her wedding and reception was perfect and not one detail would she have changed! I will remember it that way, as well and my thanks to Renee Beebe, Tyler Hopf, Vickie Hohmann and many unnamed others who made it so.

Sent on 02/04/2012

Mary · Married on 02/22/2019

Rehearsal dinner!

The Ridges was a great venue for our rehearsal dinner (62 people). The venue, food and service were awesome! I would highly recommend this venue!

Mary Trostel

Sent on 03/08/2019

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

Mary,
    It was a pleasure working with you and serving you beautiful family. Hope to see you again in the near future. Many blessings!

Jean · Married on 11/17/2018

Our guests enjoyed being able to stay on the grounds; as the parents of the bride we enjoyed the ease of planning and working with the event planner there and the meal was catered by The Ridges. All of our guests were complimentary of their plated meals - they were given the option of beef, seafood, or chicken. Many meal plan options to choose from. We enjoyed the beautiful gathering space the large lobby and outdoor patio with fire pit provided our guests to mingle the evening prior to the wedding; the views of the Blue Ridge Mountains make a beautiful backdrop. There were some housekeeping issues with the hotel cleaning staff, and we believe these are being addressed for future events. We would use this venue again.

Sent on 10/09/2018
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 8

Jason · Married on 07/02/2017

Great people to work with! Just a few small issues that all got resolved to our satisfaction.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Ana · Married on 08/01/2015

4.2
      3.5

My daughter got married at The Ridges on August 1, 2015. I cannot give enough praise to Kristin, the wedding coordinator. She is young but very good at her job. She was organized, personable, attentive and just a delight to work with throughout the whole process. She followed up on every email or phone call in a timely manner and did her best to meet all of our special requests. The entire staff was extremely friendly and accomodating throughout our stay (we stayed on site for a few days before and after the wedding) and we are a pretty high maintenance group! The food was excellent! Our only disappointment was in level of upkeep of the property itself. The Ridges property is a gem, but could do a better job of maintenance and upkeep of the facilities and landscaping (painting and repairing the floating pier, weeding, pruning, and mulching natural areas, etc.). I believe the Ridges was going through some management transitions during our experience with them and I believe they are working on some of these issues. They have an amazing property with so much potential and I hope they will realize the wisdom of reinvesting in themselves. I will have to admit, however, that even with a few imperfections, the setting looks absolutely perfect in the wedding pictures! My advise would be to visit The Ridges during the season in which you plan to hold your event to see the condition of the property during that particular season to make sure it meets your expectations. Overall, our experience with The Ridges was great and we highly recommend Kristin and the entire staff.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Amber · Married on 10/18/2014

4.2
      3.5

We got married at The Ridges and we couldn’t be happier with our wedding day! Our wedding was in October and we had an outside ceremony overlooking Lake Chatuge and the reception was at the Red Banks Ballroom at The Ridges. First of all, it was beautiful! It was a clear, fall day and the leaves were beautiful and the lake is gorgeous and makes the venue unique. You can see the lake AND the mountains in some of our photos. We loved the Ballroom as well. It got cold that night so I am glad we chose to use the Ballroom but The Ridges has a beautiful pier and lawn area for outdoor receptions. Secondly, the staff at The Ridges is very helpful especially the wedding coordinator, Kristin. Kristin was approachable, knowledgeable and listened to me when I had concerns or questions. She also offered suggestions to help us stay within our budget, which I really appreciated. She approaches her job with a genuine interest in the couple. Thirdly, having our wedding at The Ridges was logistically simple and it made the whole weekend more relaxed and enjoyable for our wedding party/guests and us. Our villa at The Ridges was the perfect place to get ready with my bridesmaids. I did not drive anywhere on the day of the wedding—which is exactly what I wanted! We had our Rehearsal Dinner, Bridesmaid Luncheon, Wedding/Reception within a 5-mile radius. Also, The Ridges has a great location and our guests had so many choices for fun activities during the wedding weekend—my bridesmaids and I visited the nearby Equani Spa the day before the wedding, some guests hiked Brasstown Bald, others played golf, attended fall festivals or enjoyed the local wineries. At the end of the Reception we had a sparkler send-off and a getaway in a pontoon boat on Lake Chatuge. It was the perfect ending to our special day. We will cherish the fun memories of our wedding day in the mountains forever!

Sent on 11/05/2014
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 11/12/2011

3.8
      2.0

This i a really pretty place and we loved having our wedding here. Everything was pretty great with the exception of working with their wedding coordinator who was not very responsive and the fact that they installed a new reservations system the weekend of our wedding which made check ins a nightmare. Aside from that is was GREAT to work with them.

Sent on 12/13/2011

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. We have hired a new wedding coordinator Renee Beebe to help address this very issue. She started in October and will handle all the weddings from here on out. Congratulations again and thanks for your review!
  • Catie

Catie · Married on 09/19/2015

3.6
      3.0
      2.5

I worked with Kristin at The Ridges and my wedding was absolute perfection. Kristin knows all the vendors in the area and was very helpful about recommendations to make sure everyhing was how I wanted it. We came up with a custom package.

The planning was going so great until about 4 months before the wedding I got calls from guests saying they were told the hotel was full. It actually wasn't. This happened Multiple times and was pretty frustrating. When you have a room block you expect that they would help you try to fill it. Not only that, this is a destination resort so all employees should understand and know about the booking process. Kristin did her best to relieve the situation

The rehearsal dinner was amazing. They decorated the room and had everything ready. BE AWARE THOUGH! In contracts for open bar for a rehearsal it states that they charge per drink. Well, the entire night not one employee was keeping track of the drinks and my dad even asked the bar tender at the end of the night if he could pay the tab and the bar tender stated he didn't have a clue what we drank. My dad got a final bill later for some false number of drinks that they claim they accounted for. Pretty unprofessional.

The day of the wedding was great! I had my villa for the bridesmaids which I strongly recommend and hair and makeup came on site. All vendors were on time and helped set up and Kristin worked with my bridesmaids to make sure everything went smoothly. The ceremony on the pier and the tented outdoor reception were everything I wanted. It was great

Other than booking, rehearsal bill, and post wedding this wedding went off without a hitch. The grounds are stunning, the food was absolutely delicious, the villas were great and Kristin knows her stuff and is very helpful and super responsive throughout the entire planning process. Gorgeous location for a fall wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2015