The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge Reviews

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 6
The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 7

Stacy · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing Venue

Our wedding at the Ridges Resort was amazing. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is so serene. Our wedding guest are still raving about the food, staff and the event as a whole. Our ceremony was held on the lake pier and the cocktail hour/reception took place in the Red Banks Ballroom. The weather was perfect and we could not have chosen a better venue to host our event.

Sent on 04/03/2019

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

Most Amazing couple to work with! Family, friends and vendors were the best. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your wedding!

Drew Dillard · Married on 12/22/2018

YES to The Ridges!

We couldn't be happier about having our wedding at The Ridges Resort! The staff went above and beyond for my wife and me and all of our guests. Pros: (1) There are multiple locations on site to get married. Our wedding was in December, so we had it all indoors. The ceremony was in a large conference room overlooking the lake, our cocktail hour was in the lobby, and our reception was in the ballroom. There are also multiple locations by the lake if you are having an outdoor wedding. The food is delicious. (2) Before booking our wedding with The Ridges, we went to its restaurant to test the food and the professionalism of the staff- both excellent! The price point is also amazing for drink and food packages. (3) Our photos had stunning backdrops of the lake, mountains, and property around the resort. (4) The staff. Andy was fantastic as our on-site coordinator. She was detail oriented and worked with our budget to make our wedding everything we had dreamed. The catering staff, wait staff, and hotel staff are friendly and will do everything possible to make sure you and your guests have an amazing time.

Sent on 04/05/2019
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 13
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 14
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 15
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 16
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 17

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

What a beautiful couple inside and out! It was a pleasure getting to know you through our planning process. We wish you many years of happiness.

Joseph Cox · Married on 12/01/2018

Outstanding!

Andy was an amazing coordinator. She made sure every detail was accounted for and made she we were as prepared as we possibly could be.

Sent on 12/10/2018

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

Thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your big day! Many years of blessings and prosperity to you both. Cant wait to see you again.

Juan Carlos Sanchez Rivero · Married on 12/01/2018

Andy Is amazing!!!

Andy actually made our dreamed night happen, she kept us on schedule and made all the hassels disappear! I'll be forever grateful with Andy!

Sent on 12/10/2018

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

Thank you Juan for all your kind words. I am honored that I was a small part to your big day!! I don't think I have met a more loving couple.
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 11/10/2018

The Ridges is Amazing!!!

After we toured the Ridges Resort, we knew there was no where else we could possibly get married. Andy, the venue coordinator, was a huge blessing and kept us informed all along the way. On the day of the wedding, the venue did everything they could to make sure everything was perfect. We are still hearing from guests about how beautiful our venue was and how they cannot wait to go back to visit in the future. All of the staff on site is so helpful, and the food was delicious. If I could give them more than 5 stars, I would. I would highly recommend The Ridges to anyone wanting to get married in the Blue Ridge Mountains!

Sent on 12/12/2018
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 23
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 24
    The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge 25

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

It was such a blessing to be a part of your big day. I can’t wait to see you again. Thank you for the wonderful review. I wish you both a life filled with happiness.
  • Helen

Helen Zaver · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Wedding & Reception!

Beyond expectations! Andrea took great care of our traditional Indian wedding to make sure everyone enjoyed the celebrations. Thank you!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Helen,

It was such a pleasure to be a part of such a special day. I loved all the traditional elements!

Krishna · Married on 10/27/2018

Thank you, The Ridges!

The Ridges is a gorgeous venue and provided the perfect backdrop for our multi-day Indian wedding. The staff was courteous, professional, patient, and extremely generous with their time and attention to detail. The chef created exquisite desserts; bartenders were able to handle the high volume of guests with ease; the servers were kind and efficient; and the wedding coordinator for the Ridges, Andrea Allen, went above and beyond to make sure every detail of the wedding was as planned. Andrea was organized, flexible, and extremely accommodating for our many guests and vendors. Even though it was a rainy day, there were very few complaints from guests because the Ridges' staff made sure everyone had a wonderful experience.

Sent on 12/06/2018

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

Thank you for all your kind words Krishna. It was a pleasure being a small part in your big day! I loved seeing all your guests taking part in all the traditional activities.

L. Sather · Married on 10/06/2018

Relaxing and beautiful

Andrea Allen was extremely professional and made my sons wedding weekend so enjoyable. Everyone who traveled to the wedding venue was so complimentary about the venue, hotel rooms and food.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Debbie · Married on 09/29/2018

Andy and the entire staff at The Ridges was nothing short of Amazing !!!
    From the minute we met y’all to the day of The Wedding you all were there for us every step of the way.
    When it came time to leave I felt like I was leaving with a whole bunch of new Friends!
    Thanks for your Kindness and Professionalism!
    Y’all are the Best!!!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Margaret · Married on 09/01/2018

The weather was perfect and the location was out of this world beautiful! The food was delicious and the staff great. Andy at the Ridges helped with detailed planning at every step. Everything went just as we wanted, down to the seaplane entrance.

Sent on 09/11/2018

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

Thank you for all your sweet comments. It was pleasure working with you.

Lisa · Married on 07/13/2018

We were married in 7/13/18 and spent 3 glorious days at the Ridges. From the rehearsal dinner to the wedding & the reception our every wish need and want was provided by Andy and the very awesome staff. We couldn't have had a better venue. Our wedding was flawless and people are still talking about it. We stayed 3 days and hated to leave our lovely lake side room. We were completely spoiled by the Ridges and if we could get married a second time just to experience it all over again we would.

Sent on 09/10/2018
  • Riley

Riley · Married on 05/12/2018

We had our wedding at the Ridges back in May 2018. Andy and her staff always treated us with such kindness! Our wedding turned out beautiful and our friends and family say it was the best ever. We were grateful to have our dog be apart of the wedding and stay at the resort too. There is plenty of space so we were able to have the rehearsal,ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in different areas in the resort.

We loved all the people who made our day special. Andy was such a blessing to us and make our vision a reality without us having to stress at all. The servers and bartender became like family to my husband and I by the end of our wedding. We loved our perfect wedding and are so thankful to have found the Ridges!

Sent on 09/18/2018

The Ridges Resort on Lake Chatuge's reply:

Thank you Riley for all your sweet comments. You both are family and cannot wait to see you again.
    Many Blessings on your life together!

Mimi · Married on 11/11/2017

The Ridges was the perfect resort for hosting our family. We hosted 150 people for a destination wedding and the service and attention was second to none. Andy was outstanding and worked with me to accommodate family s'mores night and an awesome after party. If you are looking for a mountain setting with great service and accommodations, I highly recommend the team at The Ridges.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Erin · Married on 10/01/2016

Loved every minute!!! Very accommodating and nice. Kristin made the experience of planning a wedding so easy!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Kara · Married on 09/30/2016

We did our destination wedding at The Ridges Resort and Marina. We absolutely love the venue and the wedding coordinators Kristin and Lori were wonderful to work with. Our guests complimented us numerous times about the venue and our wedding. We highly recommend The Ridges Resort and Marina for a wedding.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Lauren · Married on 08/14/2016

Small resort property with a rustic lodge hotel. Gorgeous views of mountains and lake. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL in the summertime. I'm so glad we picked this venue for our wedding and reception. The food at the reception was delicious, and everyone had a fantastic time. They raved about The Ridges Resort. The hotel rooms were clean and well-furnished. And there's a great little lake-side restaurant within a short walk (The Blue Otter).

The staff at the lodge were friendly and attentive. If you are looking for a beautiful mountain + lake view wedding within a workable budget, you should definitely check out The Ridges. They were timely, well-organized, and always professional.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Heather · Married on 06/11/2016

look no further book here!! If you are looking for a drop dead gorgeous back drop and a FUN place with the most awesome people ever then this is the place for you! As beautiful as the pictures look, it still does not come close to doing this place justice. It was one of many places on our visit list, not even on the top and as soon as we saw it we knew it was the place. We were so in love we never looked anywhere else again and it was only our 3rd visit. The guests were absolutely blown away by how beautiful and FUN the place was. Since all of our guests were traveling from either Atlanta or Birmingham, AL, they all made a weekend of it and had a blast! Our guests rented boats and went swimming, and zip lining, and fishing, and just had a great summer weekend in the mountains which is exactly what we wanted. There is a tiki bar/sports bar restaurant on site called the Blue Otter so the guests can eat and drink there around wedding festivities. The views are absolutely breath taking and the staff was so incredibly awesome. Every single person there went above and beyond to make our weekend special. Chuck the bartender was the absolute coolest! Any way possible he could accommodate us, he did and constantly asked what else he could do to make our day special. Kristin, the coordinator was so responsive and helpful! She got all the vendors together and got all my decorations together and the place looking exactly how i wanted it without any worry. Vickie at the front desk is the absolute sweetest and so welcoming. Even the Events Manager was serving my Grandparents wine from the lodge bar so they wouldn't have to walk to go get a drink. They all were more than we could have hoped for. Just to reinforce how we felt about the place, the guests were absolutely stunned. The best man even mentioned how amazing the place was in his speech! He said "this place is ridiculous! how did you guys even find this place, how does a place like this even exist?!" :) :)

Sent on 07/11/2016

Honestly, our experience with The Ridges was amazing from start to finish. We live in Atlanta, bhut knew we wanted an affordable venue out of town a bit. I've never even thought about planning my "perfect wedding", so I was completely lost when I started my search. I decided to be a brat when looking for the venue.... So on on the website I would put filters: 1. Lake 2. Pool 3. Boats 4. Mountains 5. CeremonANDreception 6. Outdoor Activities 7. Golf 8. AFFORDABLE 9. Booze/Food Catering Services Provided.

I couldn't believe it when The Ridges popped up! Seemed to good to be true, so I sent my parents over there to check it out. They were floored at how beautiful the resort was. The yard was perfectly trimmed and full of gorgeous flowers--talk about amazing landscaping! We looked on their website and were pleasantly surprised at their packages! Boats!!! Yes please! Full bar packages at a reasonable price- even better! After we decided we were immediately taken under wing by Kristen, and The Ridges staff. Again, I had no idea what I was doing-- it was so nice to have someone who thought of my questions before I even knew to ask them! I know this is getting long-winded, but I had such an amazing experience, I would highly recommend anyone to not only stay here for a vacation..... But to make your wedding day a vacation too! The food, the drinks, the rooms, the marina, the lawn....a must-see and must-do!

Sent on 06/03/2015

Taryn · Married on 04/25/2015

We chose to have our daughter's wedding at the Ridges Resort and Marina and it's one of the best decisions we made. The wedding was on April 25, 2015 and the weekend could not have been more perfect. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful and the property was absolutely beautiful from the lodge to the floating pier to the fire pits! Kristin was our wedding coordinator and did such a fantastic job. She was there the whole weekend helping with every detail to make sure everyone was where they needed to be and to ensure not only the ceremony went off without a hitch but the entire celebration. After you have been planning such a big event for almost a year you just want it to live up to your expectations and frankly it surpassed ours, and we have Kristin and everyone at the Ridges to thank for that.

We highly recommend a Ridges wedding!

John & Therese Powers

Sent on 05/14/2015

Rebecca · Married on 04/04/2015

I searched high and low for a wedding venue - considered Atlanta, the beach, Mexico, and the North Georgia Mountains. What was important to me and my husband, was finding a place that truly reflected us as a couple, surrounded by natural beauty, at really great value...and that's what we found at Ridges Resort. Plus we found the added bonus of having our guests stay for the whole weekend, which I highly recommend!! It makes for such a wonderful and intimate experience with family and friends.

After going up to visit the property, we had completely fallen in love. Photos don't do it justice! You're surrounded by beautiful mountaintops, which reflect in the sparkling Lake Chatuge. Kristin went above and beyond working with me through planning the day, since I did not have a wedding planner helping me. Her attitude and willingness to help was incredible, and we are so thankful! The day of our wedding was amazing - again, Kristin came through in such unexpected ways I felt like she was part of our family. The rest of the staff was right with her and incredibly accommodating as well. They took such great care of us!! I can't imagine our day any different - Thank you Kristin and team!

Sent on 01/04/2016

pam · Married on 09/20/2014

My daughter's wedding ceremony and reception was at The Ridges on September 20, 2014. The experience was top notch from the planning to the actual day. Kristin and her staff went over and beyond to provide the vision my daughter had for her wedding. The ceremony was outside on the lawn overlooking the lake with the cocktail hour on the patio around the fire pit ( the crab cakes and fried spanakopita were an excellent choice). We were blessed with perfect weather and were able to have the reception and dance floor on the lawn. The staff set up everything as planned and were very accommodating. Many of our guests stayed at the lodge or in the onsite villas which added to the enjoyment of the weekend. We had many compliments about the venue and how friendly the staff was especially the awesome ladies at the front desk.
    Kristin texted me the morning of the wedding to ask if there was anything I needed that she could pick up for me on her way to the venue. She was with us every step of the day and night. We could not have asked for a better on site coordinator than Kristin. I highly recommend this venue for a wedding or other group function.

Thanks again Ridges for a memorable time!

Pam

Sent on 09/30/2014

I will give a 10 if I could! The people there were amazing, they did everything they can except make the weather not rain on my wedding day. But even so, they kept trying their hardest to keep the seat dry. The food was amazing, the resort was beautiful, and the most important is the service, you can't asking for better people! Everyone was so accommodating, the wedding would not have happen without them. Highly recommended!

Sent on 04/05/2014

Laura · Married on 05/26/2013

The Ridges was a GREAT site for my reception! Renee Beebe did an awesome job helping us plan. Between my mother and myself... I think we sent her a 1000 emails! She was so great/quick to respond, and the Ridges was so flexible with what exactly we wanted and didn't want. They really took care of so many things, freeing us up to really put time into the details. The food was delicious as well. I highly recommend the Ridges! It was my DREAM WEDDING! :)

Sent on 06/23/2013

Chris · Married on 03/17/2013

Played great dance music. Very personable !

Sent on 04/10/2013