The Reeds at Shelter Haven Reviews

32 Reviews for The Reeds at Shelter Haven

• Alyssa

Alyssa H. · Married on 10/10/2020

Most amazing, perfect venue

The Reeds is the most amazing venue!! From the staff, the food, to the gorgeous bay views- everything was perfect! Liz and Leslie were outstanding and very responsive. They worked with us in making sure our day was very special and perfect even during these difficult COVID times where everything is changing. We had our wedding under a tent on the bay front patio and it was beyond beautiful. Thank you for making my day everything we could have dreamed of! It was perfect!!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • christina

Christina · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfection!

Do not hesitate for one second in booking The Reeds. We were married on 11/9/19 and our day was an absolute dream. I am an event planner by trade and to say I had very high expectations is a gross understatement. I could not have been more pleased with our wedding coordinator Liz. Every detail was executed perfectly. Liz had everything (and everyONE) handled. I didn't have to worry about a thing and could just enjoy my day. She anticipated our every need and was always a few feet away whenever we needed her. Our guests raved about the beauty of the venue but also the service and the delicious food (which is often hard to find in a banquet setting). Our guests loved the hotel accommodations and adored cute little Stone Harbor. We also booked the Crew Room at the Pizza Pub for our after-party which I'd highly recommend. If you're looking for a wedding venue that will exceed your (high) expectations, look no further than The Reeds.

Sent on 03/02/2020

The Reeds at Shelter Haven's reply:

Christina, these photos! We're so happy to see that your incredible day was perfectly so captured. It was our honor and privilege to host your wedding at The Reeds and we hope to celebrate many anniversaries & special occasions with you as the years of wedded bliss fly-by.

Meghan · Married on 10/05/2019

awesome weekend

The Reeds….where do I begin? This venue is spectacular. Liz, Vanessa, Leah, Krista, and everyone else on the Reeds team was absolutely fantastic —professional in every way. My husband and I are big foodies, and chose the Reeds for exactly that reason. We instantly fell in love with the incredible food and the breathtaking bay views. From day 1, the team starts to lay out all of your details, pricing, timelines, and continues to guide you up to the big day. Liz was excellent with her communication, even answering emails in between events at the Reeds on weekends to help us get questions answered and details sorted out. The day of was unreal….we snuck into our reception early before cocktail hour, and that’s the moment you just take a deep breath realize the whole night is going to be perfect. And it was! I never felt stressed from 5pm through our after party in the Crew room.
    We stayed in our complimentary room that night and were greeted with champagne, a blanket inscribed with our last initial, and a beautiful balcony. The rooms are spotless and gorgeous. Whatever you need, they will do their absolute best to accommodate you. We are so thankful we found the Reeds at Shelter Haven and will never forget our wedding weekend!!!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Taryn

Taryn C. · Married on 10/04/2019

10.4.19 Wedding

My husband and I had a great experience with the Reeds. The day was so beautiful, the venue is gorgeous, the food and drinks were delicious and we had so much fun! Krista was so helpful with getting everything set up for us initially, and Liz was incredible as our Coordinator! She took care of everything - ALL of my many questions, she provided reassurance when needed and was truly amazing. She went above and beyond for us, from the planning process to the day of. She was really amazing and her and her team made our experience at the Reeds extra special.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Heather · Married on 05/19/2018

There are not enough words to describe how amazing our wedding was at The Reeds. It was everything we could have imagined and more! We were a little concerned at first with how strict the pricing was but it was all worth it and Krista worked with us to accommodate our budget in different ways. Vanessa knew exactly what she was doing and made the day go by seamlessly! She was always quick to reply to emails and made it super easy to plan everything. It was set to rain most of the wedding day but Leslie and Vanessa worked with us to try and make sure we could still be outside. Luckily, we just missed the rain!

All of my guests raved about the food, especially the raw bar. The staff was quick to help and replenish everything. There was also a really nice touch at the end of the night with food in our room, slices of cake, and a beautiful Monogrammed blanket.

We could not have asked for a more magical day at The Reeds!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Shannon · Married on 05/11/2018

The Reeds was everything I ever imagined my wedding to be and more! It was the perfect venue that I have dreamed about for my entire life. From day 1 when we first met Krista at The Reeds, we knew this is exactly where we wanted to get married. The entire team at The Reeds including Leslie and Vanessa were so fantastic throughout the entire wedding planning process. Vanessa was always available to answer any of my questions and provide us with any advice and guidance that we needed. She went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day ran so smoothly and was perfect! I received so many compliments from our guests not only about how beautiful the venue was, but also about how amazing the service was, how delicious the food tasted and how friendly the staff treated everybody! At the end of the evening the staff was kind enough to box up all of our gifts and decorations and bring them up to our room. We even had a slice of our wedding cake and the most adorable wedding gift from them sitting on our bed! Our entire wedding day was perfect from start to finish and I truly believe it was because of the kindness, generosity, and professionalism from Vanessa and the rest of the team at The Reeds. I cannot recommend this venue enough if you want a perfect and beautiful wedding day!!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Kenza · Married on 10/02/2017

No words can describe how outstanding my experience with The Reeds was. Everything was perfect, from the beginning to the end, and I could not have dreamt of a more beautiful wedding.
    I really wanted an original venue for my big day and I knew I found the ONE the second I saw it. I completely fell in love with the place and the waterview blew my mind. Elegant. Luxurious. Breathtaking. I am so happy with my choice, especially when I see our wedding pictures : they are unique and magical; and it's all thank to the venue.
    Krista and Vanessa were a true pleasure to work with. They were very responsive, very helpful and very flexible. I was planning the wedding from France and they did their best to make this experience as easy as possible for me. Due to special circumstances, we had to change many things at the last minute and I really appreciated how quickly they agreed to do it and how they handled it.
    On the wedding day, Vanessa was here all day long and made sure everything was exactly as I pictured. She really took care of everything and I could not thank her enough for her amazing work. I knew that everything was under control and that I should not worry about anything and just enjoy my day. The decoration items were placed exactly the way I asked and then, at the end of the wedding, they were packed along with the cake and put in our room (with a surprise!).
    Last but not least, the food and the cocktails were AMAZING. Everything was delicious, from the cocktail hour to the dessert.
    I truly think that the price of the package is VERY reasonable for all you get and I could not recommend it enough!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Kimberly · Married on 12/10/2016

We got married at the Reeds in December 2016, and I can't even begin to describe how amazingly beautiful it was! The staff, from the hotel front desk, to the waitstaff, to Leslie our event coordinator, were more than accommodating. They truly made the weekend over-the-top special. In terms of our ceremony and reception, Leslie could not have been more on point. I gave her a very brief description of what I had in mind for the room, and she created EXACTLY what I had envisioned. The room was absolutely gorgeous! Her talent is beyond compare. During the planning process, she was available whenever I needed her, and she was so easy-going that I really had nothing to stress over! The Reeds thought of everything I needed! I would recommend The Reeds to anyone looking for an elegant modern beach wedding - even in the winter!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Allie · Married on 12/02/2016

When me and my husband got engaged we knew we wanted to get married at The Reeds. It was in a location we wanted, had beautiful views of the water, had a more modern feel than many ballrooms and was a little different than a typical ballroom but still elegant which is exactly what we wanted. After having lunch there and seeing that the food was also amazing we booked it. We got married in December and even though it wasn't summer it was still the perfect location. And they had the fire pits set up outside with blankets that a lot of our guest actually took advantage of hanging out out there. The sales and event planners worked very closely with us to make sure we were getting everything we wanted, answer questions, and make sure we met any deadlines. They also gave us a list of vendors they recommended which was helpful and from that list I used the DJ(who also did lighting and photo booth) and transportation- both of which were great.

When the wedding day came the staff at the Reeds was extremely accommodating and went above and beyond to meet our needs. They made sure everything went smoothly and this relieved me of so much stress. They took care of EVERYTHING.

They along with my florist set up the rooms beautifully (we also did our ceremony at the reeds) and it was exactly what I imagined. The food was so good and my guests are still talking about it. They also give you and your groom a bridal suite to stay in and it is beautiful!!!! Picking the Reeds was the best decision we made!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Kensi · Married on 09/17/2016

We can't say enough wonderful things about Leslie and The Reeds events team. From the day we booked to the end of our wedding night, we had the most wonderful experience working with Leslie and her team. She quickly answered my questions leading up to the wedding, and even calmed me down after a few last minute cancellations! The day of was perfect. Leslie and Rachel were there for anything we needed at any time! Besides coordinating the ceremony, guests, set-up, and clean-up....my groom and I were so overwhelmed to come back to our room with a piece of our wedding cake on each nightstand, a beautiful personalized embroidered blanket, and all of our wedding decor perfectly packed up and placed in our room. It was truly the best day of our lives at the best venue with the best team. Thank you!

Sent on 09/18/2016

Alissa · Married on 09/09/2016

We got married at The Reeds on 9/9/16, and it truly was the best day of our lives. From starting the planning process with Krista, to then working with Leslie and having her there the night of, everyone and everything was perfect. Leslie was always prompt returning emails and calls. She made sure every detail was in place. if we forgot something, Leslie already had it figured out. The night of, Leslie was there assuring everything went smoothly, and it did. All our guests raved ( things we already knew) about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was. I would highly recommend The Reeds to anyone getting married.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Nic · Married on 06/24/2016

Wow! Where to begin! From the moment we entered The Reeds, we knew it would be hard to leave without it as our venue. The views, ballroom, food, and staff were top notch! Krista, Leslie, and the entire team were friendly, courteous, professional, and flexible. They fulfilled any and all special requests to make our dreams a reality... including providing towels to guests that arrived after walking from church in over 2 feet of rain (after a surprise torrential downpour)! The entire weekend was filled with personalized touches and amenities that exceeded our expectations. Our friends and family still cannot stop talking about our wedding, and we just can't wait to return! Thank you for the perfect day!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Jen · Married on 11/13/2015

We got married on 11/13/15 and what an amazing day it was!! We got engaged at The Reeds in May 2015 and decided to get married there shortly there after. It was the best choice we made! Both Leslie and Krista helped to make our wedding a complete success! Working with both of them was amazing! They were both so accommodating and were always there to help! We knew we were in good hands with Leslie on our wedding day and she ensured that everything went smoothly! The entire day was flawless! The Reeds far exceeded our expectations! The attention to detail was outstanding! The staff was amazing and extremely accommodating! I could go on and on! There were so many little touches that blew us away! We could not have asked for anything more!! Additionally our guests had only positive comments!! Even though the rooms were slightly pricey, everyone felt as if it was definitely worth the cost. The food was fantastic as well!
    We are so happy that we chose the Reeds!! From our engagement to our wedding day!
    We cannot thank the entire staff enough!!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Tricia · Married on 10/23/2015

We got married at the Reeds on 10/23/15. Although we originally wanted to get married at the Windrift, we met Krista and immediately changed our minds. She was able to work with our budget and after asking around, we realized we were going to have an amazing wedding with amazing food and service at the Reeds. Luckily, we made the right decision!

We had perfect weather which allowed us to have the ceremony and cocktail hour outdoors. It was a perfect day from start to finish. We booked our wedding only 8 months in advance through Krista. We planned our wedding with Leslie, who was very helpful throughout the entire process. Unfortunately, Leslie was not able to work our wedding, so Krista filled in. She was extremely helpful throughout the rehearsal and the day of our wedding. She made sure everything ran smoothly and was beyond accommodating to our guests and wedding party. Even my family members were telling me the next morning how amazing Krista was all night long. The day before the wedding both Krista and Leslie helped unpack all of our stuff for the wedding and completely set up our ceremony/recpetion, just as we had imagined. At the end of the night when we came back to our suite (we upgraded to the sky suite which I highly recommend), all our gifts were there as well as a gift from the Reeds. They offered us a late checkout and had all of our candles, centerpieces, etc. packed up for us the next morning. Even the waiters/waitresses/front desk staff was beyond accommodating to us and really made sure that we were happy. We made the best decision to have our wedding at the Reeds.

Sent on 11/14/2015

The Reeds was simply an amazing venue to have a wedding. We had our ceremony overlooking the bay and the reception inside. We also did the rehearsal dinner on the rooftop. The ambiance, service and food were great. Our friends and family kept saying how great everything was. Leslie Pastore was great to work with. She took charge of everything and we just needed to tell her what we wanted. She was very friendly to work with.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Julia · Married on 04/18/2015

We held both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Reeds, and we were thrilled with the way both events turned out. The entire events team was very attentive, and they were quick to respond to our questions in the months leading up to the wedding. They really know how to throw a great party, and they are seasoned professionals. Very easy to work with. The open air ballroom at the hotel creates such a relaxed, elegant atmosphere, and our guests fully enjoyed it. They could not stop telling us about how beautiful the hotel was and how much they loved the food. We highly recommend!

Sent on 05/16/2015

From food to coordination... The Reeds is THE BEST! Even though it rained on my big day... It was absolutely beautiful! We had over the max amount of people for the venue to hold but really wanted our reception to be here. The Reeds worked with us to add a tent to the outside which attached to the ballroom to add more tables and to make seating more comfortable. It was beautiful! I could not have asked for a better experience in planning my wedding. They even took the Menu cards and did something similar to match my invitations. And the food... O M G.... best wedding food you could have hands down. I got so many compliments already. BEST jersey shore beach wedding destination. All so totally worth it!!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Samantha · Married on 05/31/2015

We just got married at The Reeds and loved every second of it! Krista, Leslie, Connor and staff were all wonderful to work with and always readily available to answer any questions we had. They were very accommodating throughout the entire planning process and always did their best to cater to our needs and requests. Most importantly, the day of went very smoothly, and I didn't have to stress about setup, etc.
    The venue itself is absolutely beautiful and was perfect for the coastal vibe we were looking for. The hotel was immaculate, the food was exquisite, and all of our guests had a wonderful time!
    As a whole the venue is pricey, but Leslie definitely helped us to stay within our budget. There are a million different upgrades with their respective fees, but we didn't miss too much. Staying at the hotel wasn't a financially feasible option for some of our out of town guests, but there were plenty of other reasonable local options to accommodate everyone.
    Thank you so much to the Reeds for making our day so wonderful!

Sent on 06/17/2015
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 06/30/2019

Perfect Day

Our wedding venue was everything we could have hoped for. The outdoor cocktail hour was perfect, the food was amazing and the guests LOVED the venue!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Jenell

Jenell · Married on 05/11/2019

The Reeds and Vanessa were great!

The Reeds is such a magical venue for a wedding. The bay views, the outdoor space, the amazing food and the beachy-chic vibe is unparalleled on 7MI. We loved everything about this venue for the entirety of the wedding weekend.

We used the Crew Room for our rehearsal dinner (100 people). It was the perfect private space for both sizes of group and the views of the bay and sunset were gorgeous.

Saturday morning my bridal party used the Ready Room (first group in there!). My hair and makeup team loved the space – they had enough room to spread out their supplies and the natural light was perfect for the makeup. Their attention to detail throughout the day was great too – constant supply of Voss water, snacks, and champagne!

The ceremony itself luckily (thanks to the weather gods) took place on the back green… it was so unbelievably gorgeous! The rest of a night was a hit as well – being able to use the indoor and outdoor space all night was so amazing and we got a ton of compliments on the food as well. I would also like to mention that the Reeds team is very generous. They provide gorgeous chairs and linens plus outdoor heat lamps etc. – all free of charge. They are also very accommodating for substitutions in your contract, which I appreciated so much (i.e. we had champagne passed at the ceremony instead of being set at everyone’s place setting). These touches were so nice compared to what some of my other friends had dealt with at other venues.

Vanessa and her team made the experience even better. They know what they are doing in terms of event planning and were a joy to work with through the whole process. I literally didn’t need to worry about anything on the day of because they were on top of everything – coordinating vendor setup, being the liaison between the kitchen, DJ and photographers, everything. Vanessa even brought a platter of our appetizers up to our suite that we could eat in the 5 minutes following the ceremony – we loved it! They cake in our room + adorable gift at the end of the night were very nice touched as well. ☺ We loved our experience at the Reeds and cannot thank them enough for everything!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2018

The venue was absolutely beautiful. Everything turned out absolutely amazing the day of our wedding. Vanessa and the team were such a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I would highly recommend this venue, it's absolutely stunning. And the team makes you feel at home and comfortable. We will surely be back for Visits from time to time :)

Sent on 04/16/2018

Christie · Married on 04/22/2017

The Reeds was such a beautiful venue, my husband and I fell in love with it the first moment we saw it. We were looking for a venue with both indoor/outdoor options, and the Reeds has it! We were originally planning on a destination wedding but once we realized that wasn't going to work out, we found the Reeds and still got the destination wedding feel with the local convenience. It was also great because if you were doing an outdoor ceremony/cocktail hour, you could decide up to noon that day what you wanted to do in the event of inclement weather. It did end up raining on our wedding day so we had to move the ceremony inside but it was still beautiful, and quite intimate, which I liked. Leslie and the team were so flexible and easy to work with!

For us, the best part about the Reeds was the many photo ops it offered. The back drop of the bay and the beach just two blocks away made for gorgeous photos (and it was personally my favorite part of the day!) I would definitely recommend the Reeds to anyone who is looking for a relaxed, yet beautiful vibe!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Great beautiful new venue. Good food, good drink. Better value than Congress Hall. 1/2 stars removed because in early May, their front desk seemed understaffed to help us with our materials drop-off. 1/2 removed for flexibility because you need a guaranteed minimum to have your wedding on a Saturday or even Friday. Room block closed extremely early, we had to negotiate a different date. All said and done the wedding was beautiful.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/09/2014

The Reeds at Shelter Haven is definitely the place to celebrate your wedding if you are looking for a venue down the shore. Many other beach venues are dated, old and removed from the beauty that is the Jersey Shore. The Reeds as a venue is beautiful with a clean, beachy and simple look, and it sits directly on the Bay of Stone Harbor with a spectacular view.
    The staff is also SUPER professional and accommodating. Krista worked with us initially, showing us the property, answering initial questions and working out the contract. Leslie is the event coordinator and I cannot say enough nice things about her. I think I must have emailed her over 100 times with both important and silly questions. She was so patient with me as I tried to work through the wedding planning process. She answered allll of my questions, she was organized, understood what we wanted out of our day, and executed the most amazing wedding! At our tasting we were initially unsatisfied with the wedding cake options. The pastry chef and Leslie asked us what our favorite cake was and replicated the cake we love from another bakery. She made sure my husbands filet came out well-done (which it normally is served medium) and I truly feel like nothing was missed. The Reeds is more pricey than other beach venues, however, it was worth it! The quality and amount of food at our cocktail hour was awesome. People RAVED about all of the hors d'oeuvres, stations and the signature drink. We didn't have one complaint about our entrees which were the French Cut chicken breast and Filet Mignon. And the desserts??... our guests LOVED the passed desserts. People said they never saw a wedding pass out desserts and loved our options: milkshake shooters, cannolis and cookies, and chocolate covered strawberries.
    Leslie and the staff worked with our other vendors and executed our day flawlessly. We didn't worry about a single thing! I would definitely recommend The Reeds! Thank you!

Sent on 06/12/2014