The Red Bandana Bakery Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 11 Reviews
View more information

Angela H. Married on 10/10/2020

Absolutely delicious!!!

I asked for a gluten free, cane sugar free, corn free and dairy free wedding cake. Jaimie delivered on our request ten fold!! We had a chocolate cake layer and almond cake layer with German chocolate filling and vanilla buttercream icing --- it was a fantastic flavor explosion in your mouth. All of our guests loved it! The cake design was simple and elegant as we requested. We will definitely call Jaimie when we want another special cake!!
  • Annie
    Annie E. Married on 11/09/2019

Beautiful and delicious Gluten Free Cake!

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, it was very important for us to have it be strictly gluten free (or as gluten free as possible) since my husband has Celiac disease. We were pleased to know that Red Bandana Bakery wasn't too far away from Baltimore and immediately fell in love with their delicious GF bakery treats. The tasting was a lot of fun. We got to taste the different cakes, jams, and frostings--all of which were delicious. The fact that the tasting fee went towards our final wedding cake fee made making our decision very easy. Jaimie was really easy to talk to and was able to capture the vision of our cake. Communication was easy during the planning stages and we were not disappointed when we saw our cake on our wedding day. Lucky for us, we still have one more piece to savor on our anniversary. Highly recommend Red Bandana Bakery!

The Red Bandana Bakery's reply:

Thank you Annie! I love seeing these pictures--you were all such a joy to work with and I really enjoyed getting to be creative with you and the unique meeple cake toppers!!
    Shagun Married on 02/23/2019

Naked Wedding Cake

Jaimie and her staff at The Red Bandana Bakery made an amazing egg-free, nut-free, naked cake for my Indian wedding reception!
    I went to check out the bakery with my mom and sister, and after sampling some of their regular items we all agreed that I had to get my wedding cake from here! My husband is really averse to frosting, and I have many relatives who don’t eat eggs and a few have very severe nut allergies. Jaimie and her staff were able to work with me to come up with a really great cake! I brought in some yuzu juice for the glaze, and she incorporated it wonderfully with the other flavors of the cake. My guests really loved it, and lots of people came up to let me know they were thrilled to be able to enjoy cake at a wedding for once. Even if you don’t have dietary restrictions, I would definitely recommend this bakery for your wedding cake!

The Red Bandana Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much Shagun, you were all so beautiful to work with :). Loved getting to work with this unique ingredient that was meaningful to you for a memorable cake. Congratulations!
    Hillary Married on 05/12/2018
    Jaimie and her team are professional, talented, and such a pleasure to work with. We can't thank the Red Bandana enough for making the most delicious wedding cake (lemon and funfetti with cream cheese frosting)! Jaimie was also able to decorate it just as we wanted, and delivered the cake directly to our venue. Despite the warm weather, it survived until cake cutting and was even more delicious than the tasting! Can't wait to use them again for other events.
  • I
    Ilene Married on 11/05/2017
    I'm so glad we heard about Red Bandana! I follow a strict Paleo diet for health reasons. Jaimie was knowledgeable about what I could and couldn't have. She made two cakes for me with two different frostings--I haven't been able to eat a store bought baked good in about three years, so this was a real treat!
    On the day of our wedding, Jaimie made a beautiful three layer cake with two "cardboard" layers so it presented like a real wedding cake, but only the top layer was actually cake. I loved the cake and can't wait to eat the rest of it--so did my other gluten and dairy free friends!
    Jaimie was great to work with, super responsive and very affordable. I highly recommend her for specialty baking needs!
    Colleen Married on 10/29/2016
    Jaimie at The Red Bandana Bakery was spectacular to work with for our October 2016 wedding. I had nontraditional tastes in mind, while I knew we also needed to accommodate for those guests who didn't. Jaimie was able to make a cookie dough filled layer with mocha and chocolate that blew us away, she also made another layer for guests that was equally as delicious. I wish I could eat it everyday. It was amazing to work with a celiac friendly bakery, seeing my 4 year old flower girl being able to eat cake at a wedding (which will be few and far between since she has celiac) really made my day. Thank you Jaimie!
    Julia Married on 08/19/2016
    Jaimie was such a great find. She accommodated all of my fiance's food allergies in our two wedding cakes. Plus, I realized I had made a mistake in my order for the groom's cake, and asked her to change it the day before the wedding--which she did, without batting an eye. Her baked goods are delicious, she's so sweet and professional, and also way cheaper than any of the other gluten-free bakeries in the D.C. area that we consulted. Highly recommend!
    Anna Married on 05/07/2016
    Loved working with Jaimie! Desserts tasted amazing and the cake was such a hit! Especially helpful that it was made gluten free and dairy free with no problem.
    Joe Married on 02/20/2016
    Super helpful and flexible both in helping us figure out what we wanted and in terms of timing. The cake was beautiful and delicious and went over really well.
    Nancy Married on 10/12/2014
    Looking for delicious GLUTEN FREE options??? Look no further than Jaimie at The Red Bandana Bakery in Bethesda, MD. She's just outside the DC city limits and, as an amateur adventurer in gluten free baking myself, I have to say she has a wonderful gluten free flour blend. We had pies at our wedding instead of a cake, and sort of last minute, I realized I hadn't ordered a pie that I could actually eat!!! I called her on Tuesday before our Sunday wedding and she immediately emailed us an invoice- it was very easy to pay her and we were able to pick up the pie Sunday morning...and it was STUNNING. Check out her website- she as lots of different options- cakes, cupcakes, cookies- and I'm sure she could execute anything you envision- just give her a call!!!
    Julia Married on 06/15/2014
    Amazing! They made five different kinds of cupcakes- all gluten-free, moist, and delicious. I know that people think "gluten-free" means it won't be as good (I did), but this was the best cake I've ever tasted.