28 Reviews for THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE

Partial Planning (1)
Referrals (1)
Civil (1)
Eco-Friendly (1)

Where do I begin? Lara made our wedding day truly about us. Our ceremony was intimate and reflected who we are as a couple. She handled vendors, guests, and the location staff with professionalism and class--ensuring our day was completely free of stress. If you are looking for someone to help you make your wedding day YOURS, please contact The Privilege is Mine. You will be so happy that you did.

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

I highly recommend Lara as a "month of/day of" coordinator. One month before the wedding, she actively reached out to begin preparing a timeline for the day and contacting vendors. All of my vendors said she was a pleasure to work with. Lara was always available via email or phone to go over details as they constantly shifted leading to the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, she was incredible, working to make sure everything ran on time and seamlessly. I was quite nervous that things would not run on-time but, because of Lara, we were on schedule to the minute! Lara also did her job with finesse. She was able run things from behind the scenes with a genuine kindness. Many guests also commented on how helpful she was throughout the event. Our wedding day was perfect and I believe she was an integral part of making that happen.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had the absolute best wedding that we could have ever imagined! My wife and Lara worked at a school together when Lara started “the Privilege is Mine”. So when we got engaged, my wife already knew Lara for some time and couldn’t wait to ask her to be our "Day of Coordinator." My wife and I are both artists (I’m a tattoo artist and she is a musician and dancer) and we wanted to create our own version of a “traditional wedding.” The venue was the Dumbo Loft which Lara has experience with already and she was masterful in her approach to every detail from the lights and decorations to coordinating the ceremony and gave us great advice on how to tackle all the ins and out of having our dream wedding at the Dumbo loft. As our Day of Coordinator, she was on call during the two weeks before the wedding and was quick to respond to our many questions and concerns. She really listened to our requests and was able to take our ideas and stitch them together perfectly resulting in THE BEST day of our lives! Isn’t that what a wedding should be? She helped delegate the roles that each member of our wedding party would take on and explained the order of events in a decisive manner so everyone was on point! The day of the wedding she was like a composer making sure all the moving parts happened on time and seamlessly. Her vast knowledge of weddings and passion for creating them is on par with any great artist, she took a blank canvas and painted a work of art that will live in our memory’s (and our great wedding photos) for the rest of our lives

Ryan and Tara Roi!
Profile Picture Tara, 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord.

If you feel overwhelmed and need help but don't even know what help to ask for, Lara is the perfect planner for you!! I was in those shoes, and Lara was a lifesaver, from the several weeks leading up to my wedding, and for the day of. No matter the issue, Lara was calm, thoughtful, and knew what to suggest or what to do.

Profile Picture r, 4/29/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lara was wonderful to work with. I started the wedding process thinking we could do it all on our own because we were having a "chill" wedding...more like a party. That's exactly how it turned out, but only because of the amazing help of Lara. She was well organized, responded to any question or comment quickly, and was very reassuring throughout the process. Throughout the day of our wedding she ran a tight ship, and it felt like she was reading my mind before I even knew what I wanted. I'm happy we got to work with her and would send any wedding couple her way.

Profile Picture Whitney, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lara was incredible! We had three separate food vendors for her to coordinate (not to mention that our venue was three separate rooms) and she handled everything seamlessly. I didn't worry about anything all day knowing setup and coordination were in her hands; we loved working with her!

Profile Picture Annie, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Lara for my Greenpoint Loft wedding and it was the best decision I made in my planning process. If you know the venue, it literally comes with nothing. Lara and her assistant Chelsea seamlessly pulled off coordinating all the moving parts that come with renting a place like that. I gave Lara some ideas and she worked her magic making the place look more beautiful than I could have imagined. You can tell she takes pride in her work and doesn't just consider it a job. Incredibly conscientious and I would recommend her all day every day!

Profile Picture Samantha , 4/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious

These are stunning photos and an amazing venue. My favorite place to buy wedding gifts and decor I always go to www.5thavestore.com. Check them out they are amazing!

Profile Picture Mer, 1/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lara did an incredible job coordinating our wedding! From fielding last minute requests from my bridesmaids to precisely handling every last detail of our wedding day, Lara did it all and did it flawlessly. My husband and I are both incredibly type A people who were very concerned at the prospect of handing over the execution of our wedding to someone else, but we are SO glad we did - not only did we get to actually relax and enjoy our wedding day, but Lara personally ensured that every detail of our wedding was perfect. I couldn't recommend Lara and The Privilege is Mine more highly!

Profile Picture Samantha, 12/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

It’s been days since my wedding and the posts, texts and calls I have been receiving telling me how great my wedding was are still coming in. Lara, went ABOVE AND BEYOND (literally, she got physically above one of the walls to place a board I was dead set on having hung at the entrance) to give me my dream wedding and to keep to my vision. Everything was exactly how I imagined and Lara knows that I am not easy to please (in addition to delivering visually – she works from the heart and is incredibly patience and understanding!) and she brought everything that I had in mind to life.

She was there for 10am to 1am, setting up everything by hand, she placed everything where it needed to be and so beautifully, she picked up everything that needed to be collected and packed it nicely while the partied continued upstairs. It was seamless. My mom had made some art for the reception that Lara, single-handly put up herself and moved when it was time to get them out of the way and SO gracefully. She is a star! We stayed almost exactly to schedule and the flow of the party felt natural and free. She made me feel safe at the wedding – knowing she had my back.

I would recommend Lara to anyone and everyone. I really am still searching for words to share the feeling when I walked into my venue and saw what I had envisioned in my mind executed and added to with delicate care, class, elegance, fun and confetti infused right into the very heart of our day. My husband and I will miss working with Lara – she is the greatest.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lara! You made our day

Photo for THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE Review - photo by Brian Siskind
Profile Picture Veronica, 11/17/17, 2 Reviews

Our wedding was on 10.21.2017 - my husband
and I did all the work as far as vendors, booking, buying decor, flowers, etc. but Lara took care of the logistics, day-of timeline and was in communication with all vendors. Everyone got along so well which was such a great thing!

Lara was always available and there to help. The day ran smoothly and Lara did exactly what we needed on the day of. She was also responsive and gave us useful advice. Lara has a great personality and a kind demineour.

Can’t believe that the day came and went already!! :( we will miss her!!

Love always, Sergio & Isabel

Profile Picture Maxiel Isabel, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lara helped us out tremendously as my fiance and I tried planning and coordinating our wedding by ourselves, which turned out to be more difficult than anticipated. From the first email and initial meeting we knew that we had made the right choice as she made us feel at ease by taking a ton of things off our plate. Lara was extremely professional and easy to work with. Her and her husband even helped us fabricate our alter!! She made the day of the wedding stress fee and organized to the T. We could not be happier with how everything tured out. We would highly recommend Lara and The Privilege is mine if you are looking for a trustworthy, easy to work with and professional wedding planner/coordinator.

Profile Picture Clayton, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lara was great! We hired her as our day-of coordinator because our wedding was in three separate venues. I realized I needed someone to make sure all the moving pieces went together smoothly and efficiently and I wanted to be able to enjoy my special day without worrying about all the behind-the-scenes stuff. It was definitely money well spent! Lara's original assistant was not able to help out on my day but she had another assistant, her husband! They make such a great team!! We got to know them quite well during our walk-through and Matt definitely helped reassure my fiancé. In fact, my fiancé told him he needs to add groom consultancy work to their services! Honestly, Lara and Matt were so incredibly helpful. For day-of services Lara provides unlimited contact in the last month leading up to your wedding, and it is when you really need it the the most. It was definitely when I had a ton of little to-do items on my checklist, and when your nerves are at their highest. Larachecked in with us constantly and coordinated with all of my vendors on my behalf during that time. She was incredibly professional, responsive, friendly, and helpful. I could not have gotten through my wedding day without her and her assistant. My husband and I would recommend her and her team a thousand times over.

Profile Picture Leah, 10/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Lara was a fantastic wedding coordinator from start to finish and I recommend her wholeheartedly! As a stressed out bride with no idea what I was doing, I knew I needed the assistance of a wedding coordinator.

I hired Lara to be my month of wedding coordinator and boy was that a good idea. From our initial meeting to the day of the ceremony, Lara's help and input was invaluable. She was always there to fix any issues with vendors, she was receptive to my ideas and helped me turn my visions into reality.

The day of my wedding went so smoothly and without a hitch thanks to Lara's help. On our wedding day, I was truly able to be in moment with our friends and family and not have to worry about a single thing. Get you a coordinator like Lara! better yet get you Lara!

Profile Picture Munonyedi , 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Originally, I planned on a completely DIY wedding (having absolutely NO idea how much energy/time the planning process entailed!). However, hiring a planner was the one, very insistent, piece of advice our married friends gave us.

We had a lot of curveballs thrown our way during planning & day of -- Lara was always prompt, helpful & professional. She was hired just as our day of coordinator but went above & beyond -- before, during, and even AFTER the wedding. She followed up w/ vendors during the entire process to make sure things ran as smoothly as possible. My husband & I are so grateful we had Lara as our planner.

Let's be honest, this is NYC and customer service is generally non existent (if you don't pay, someone else will!) -- the wedding planning process no different. Lara was an exception. She never treated us like a number & more like our wedding was her top priority.

If I had to do it again, I would hire her for full planning so that I could enjoy & focus on the FUN part -- making decorations! I will recommend her to all my engaged friends & hope I get to work with her again in the future :)

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Natalie, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Lara is doing an excellent job planning my wedding. She is very professional, dependable and helpful. Any questions or concerns I have she responds right away. She has made me feel very comfortable and at ease through this process. Can't wait for the big day. Thank you Lara for all your help. You truly are amazing.

Profile Picture Tina, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I found Lara and The Privilege is Mine through Wedding Wire, and can confidently recommend that this is who you need at your wedding! She was on-point throughout the entire process, from checking in and tracking things prior to the wedding, to getting everyone set up seamlessly day-of, to getting us all in line for the ceremony without a rehearsal and ensuring wrap up and flow throughout the evening. We had a couple of delays from other vendors and she handled adjustments to our timing and finding solutions with complete professionalism, trust and confidence.

I would absolutely recommend her as an excellent coordinator, hands down better than anyone else I could have imagined having.

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lara was extremely professional and made my wife and I feel so relaxed during our ceremony in Central Park. She helped us with the wedding planning and was friendly and reliable with great communication. Look no further for a wedding officiant in NYC , Lara really is good!

Profile Picture Olly, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We hired Lara as the day-of -coordinator for our DIY wedding in Red Hook, BK- May 27th, 2017. Even though my husband and I did all the planning , she coordinated with all vendors on the day of our wedding. She was truly a pleasure to work with. Her cool demeanor, thoroughness and open communication really helped to make our day run as smoothly as it ever could. I can say that because of her my wedding day was perfect.

Profile Picture Sas, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Eco-Friendly, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines

Lara was great we are from Philadelphia and we where married in NY Lara made it so easy to arrange everything! to the Officiant and photographer which where both awesome! her recommendations. Friends and family asked how did you know what to do in NY? I said I didn't I hired Lara she took care of everything!

Profile Picture John, 12/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

There's literally not enough words that can express how happy my fiance and I were with Lara! We hired Lara for day-of wedding coordination services, but Lara was there for us way before our wedding day. Lara provided services such as coordinating with our vendors for drop-off and pick-up of rental equipment, creating a day-of timeline for our wedding day, and keeping in constant communication with my fiance and me prior to, and on the day of our wedding. However, Lara truly showed her passion for event coordination on the day of our wedding. She was the first one at our wedding vendor and one of the last people to leave. She assisted me with setting up the entire venue and made sure that every I was dotted and T was crossed. If it weren't for Lara, our wedding would not have gone off without a hitch....it might not have even taken place! Lara took her time getting to know us and our relationship, and provided us with services that were tailored to our wedding. We HIGHLY recommend Lara and The Privilege is Mine for your coordination and planning needs. We look forward to working with Lara again in the future. Thanks again for being there for us on our special day!!!

Profile Picture Scott, 9/18/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Civil, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Our wedding day was missing something - and it was Lara!

We hired Lara as our day of coordinator and it was the best decision we made! After our first meeting, we were on the same page and she knew exactly my vision for the wedding!

From our first meeting until the very end of our wedding day, Lara was prompt with email correspondence, helpful, attentive and organized. She even met to do a walk-thru at the venue, so she can get a feel of the site and be better-prepared! On the day of, all issues and questions were directed to Lara and she knew how to handle them, no questions asked. Our wedding day ran flawlessly!

Would recommend her 100%. She is a must!!

liyana n. on October 28, 2016

Profile Picture Liya, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lara made our wedding day so easy- everything that may have felt stressful was a breeze and I wasn't worried about a thing. I am normally someone who would be managing the details and it was great to know I didn't have to and feel confident that Lara would- and she did. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lara was a great day-of wedding planner. Our wedding day went about as smooth and stress free as possible. She also was super helpful in picking up our donut order for the donut wall. Very pleasant, she was easy to talk to and work with. We had a few minor hiccups along the way, but when it came down to our actual wedding day, we couldn't have been happier.

Profile Picture Tristan, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines