THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE Reviews

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 4
THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 5
  • Jasmin

Jasmin · Married on 08/24/2019

Lara organized our perfect evening

Lara was a phenomenal Day of Coordinator for our 140 person wedding at The Greenpoint Loft in Brooklyn. She took care of everything — setting up the venue exactly as we hoped (including laying out a rather convoluted 30-photo gallery with captions) — and worked with all our vendors so that we had nothing to worry about on the day. During set-up, she even ran out to buy bitters (for our signature cocktail) from a store when she noticed they were missing. And, at the end of the night, Lara made sure the event was broken down and cleaned up.

Lara managed the flow of the evening and kept us on schedule. She made everything happen — from cueing each member of the wedding party to walk down the aisle, to giving family members a few minutes notice before their speeches, to calling up tables to the buffet, to making sure there were two chairs handy for us to dance the Hora. Lara was meticulously efficient, and she used her copious knowledge and talent to organize a truly perfect evening.

She was also a joy to work with. A quick glance at her website made it clear that she was experienced at organizing the type of wedding we wanted, and when we spoke on the phone, Lara put me at ease with her competence and professionalism. At our “walkthrough” and again at the wedding, Lara was calm and warm, and our day would not have been nearly as special without her work.

Lara and her team are fantastic at their jobs, and I warmly recommend The Privilege is Mine.

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 6
    THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 7
    Sent on 10/15/2019

Laura S. · Married on 03/23/2019

Love tpim!

I am so glad that I found Lara. When my now husband and I got engaged, we decided to have the wedding sooner rather than later - we gave ourselves four months to plan a 170-person, 3-event wedding. Not only that, but because my husband and I come from different backgrounds (he is Sikh Indian and my family is of Catholic and Presbyterian/European heritage), the wedding had a lot of moving parts: i.e. a morning Sikh ceremony in Queens that required bus transportation for the guests, followed by a western ceremony and reception in the evening at Dobbin St. in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, which included all kinds of challenging details such as a wind-sensitive rooftop tent, a complete room flip between the ceremony and dinner, two surprise dance performances, and a drum performance. Lara handled these extra complexities with grace and a constant we-can-totally-do-this attitude.

Our wedding was 100% "us." Our personalities shined through every unique detail, and we have Lara to thank for that. She was able to help me find vendors that matched exactly what I was looking for: the perfect funky flowers, the most delicious catered food I've ever had, a DJ who read the room like a pro...I could go on and on. We never would have been able to put together such a perfect team of vendors without Lara.

A few friends and family members had told me before my wedding that I wouldn't remember any of it because the day goes by so quickly and I would be so preoccupied with the stress of it all...for me, that was not at all the case. I remember all of it, every single amazing moment. That is perhaps the greatest gift I received from Lara: I was able to be fully present with my husband and guests on my wedding day because I didn't have to think about anything else; Lara had everything completely under control.

Sent on 03/27/2019
  • Janemmcc

Janemmcc · Married on 03/19/2019

NYC destination mini wedding

We had a destination wedding in NYC travelling from Scotland with 11 family and 5 kids.The whole thing came together in a matter of months. I had a vision of the day in my head and initially went down a rabbit hole looking at various NYC options.

By the time I realised the task was too huge for me alone there was only a few weeks to the big day. That’s when I started chatting with Lara, passing control of the budget and the day to her was the best decision I made and resulted in the day of my dreams with minimal stress.

Lara took care of everything-liaising with the venue for a longer time hire period, selecting the vendors, maximising the budget. We achieved more in the day that we could have hoped for, the selection of vendors was exactly the right fit for our day and it all went without a hitch.

I felt like Lara and the team really got involved in the day and allowed us the space to hold our party. It was so important to me that my loved ones had a great time and Lara took that onboard and ensured they did. Considering the whole thing came together by e-mail I could not thank her enough!

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 8
    THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 9
    Sent on 03/27/2019

Lissa D · Married on 03/08/2019

Highly recommend!!

Lara is a very dependable wedding planner. From our initial contact, she has been responsive and accommodating. We used TPIM’s a la carte services to cater to our specific wedding needs. We contacted her less than two months out from our wedding day, we had done most of the planning and vendor communication, but we still needed someone to tie everything up together. That’s where Lara comes in, she asked us relevant questions that we would have never thought of and gave us tips along the way. She had a very important role on our wedding day as we wanted someone else to manage the wedding while we prepare and walk down the aisle. She went above and beyond in helping us setup and coordinate both our ceremony and reception. She even made it possible when we asked for a last minute pick up and drop off right before the wedding. We are very pleased and grateful to Lara and her assistant, Erin, in helping us and taking off our stress on the day of the wedding. We definitely recommend TPIM and their services if you want a hassle free wedding day!

Sent on 03/17/2019
  • Hillary

Hillary Frazier · Married on 10/27/2018

A planner is a MUST and Lara is the one!

We worked with Lara for full planning for 9 months for our 40 person wedding, and I could not be more pleased with her service. Also, as a person, she is the best! Chelsea is too! From the beginning, I had an ever changing list of ideas, from amount of guests to if we even wanted a ceremony, and she was by my side supporting me through all of it. On our wedding day I truly felt I could reflect back on our planning journey and how everything evolved from that first phone call, and so much of it is credit to her. She took my (6 page!) vision board and helped make it a reality. We had several meetings, phone calls, tastings, countless texts, emails and google docs. And I actually enjoyed wedding planning! As an anxious bride, it was SO HELPFUL to have someone to ask 1000 questions who was happy to answer, and always new the answer. I’ll never forget the day she said to me “it’s okay to be doing nothing.” I felt so calmed with her in control of everything, and it allowed me to enjoy the day fully, even if things didn’t go exactly to plan (that’s just life!). I never worried that a thing wouldn’t work out, and I knew she had it. We had our wedding and our reception at a place that had never held a wedding and it was no easy task to coordinate with them, but she made it all happen. Her referrals saved us money, and those were the vendors that were my absolute favorite. Our guests had a great time, and every bit of it from the setup to the clean up was what I wanted. Hiring her helped me and my family enjoy my wedding day 100% and I would absolutely recommend hiring a coordinator to anyone and everyone

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 10
    THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 15
    Sent on 10/29/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/29/2018

Rock Star Coordinator!

Lara is absolutely wonderful. She kept us organized, connected us with vendors when we needed and even designed my wedding dress when she discovered I hadn’t found one yet!

Her calm, professional and confident presence was very reassuring. She was open to hear all of our wacky ideas, and managed to incorporate them in the most perfect way. My husband and I had a 10 hr wedding & reception all in the same venue that our friends are still raving about weeks later. We couldn’t have done it without Lara and her team.

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Maximillian

Maximillian Sholl · Married on 09/29/2018

Best in the Biz

The entire team at The Privilege is Mine were absolutely amazing to work with. Lara, Erin and Chelsea were all so attentive to our needs, especially as last minute issues came up with our venue. Literally two weeks out, our venue had to move the second half of our wedding to a different venue across the street due to sound issues (!) - but as we fretted, Lara, Erin and Chelsea kept us cool, offered suggestions and brought us to the finish line in style. Lara even coordinated our first dance, which ended up being a HUGE hit at the wedding! Erin and Chelsea were our day-of coordinators and were always easy to find and super approachable the entire time. Don't get married without The Privilege is Mine, they are the cream of the crop!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Serena · Married on 09/28/2018

We hired The Privilege is Mine for day coordination for our wedding at the Foundry and we were very happy with how our day turned out! Actually our day turned out even better than what we had planned.
    Lara and her team executed extremely well and Lara made all the correct calls during our wedding to ensure we were on schedule.
    After the wedding was over she helped pack up all of our personal belongings to ensure we didn't leave anything behind.
    I am really glad we hired Lara and her team because it really made the wedding day stress free.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Nancy · Married on 09/23/2018

Where do I begin? Lara made our wedding day truly about us. Our ceremony was intimate and reflected who we are as a couple. She handled vendors, guests, and the location staff with professionalism and class--ensuring our day was completely free of stress. If you are looking for someone to help you make your wedding day YOURS, please contact The Privilege is Mine. You will be so happy that you did.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Shannon · Married on 09/22/2018

Shortly after we got engaged, my fiancé and I decided we didn't want to wait a long time to have a wedding. Enter Lara! With her help, in three months we pulled together a 150 person cocktail party-style wedding that was stylish, memorable, and utterly seamless from start to finish. Even with such a short timeframe from engagement to wedding, with Lara on board, we never doubted that we could pull it off together! From her great vendor recommendations, to making sure the day included all the elements we wanted, to her day-of coordination, we felt constantly supported and in capable hands. She is always cool, calm, and collected, and was open to working around any of our left-field requests. Lara made the preparations for our big day a breeze, and facilitated a night for us and 150 of our friends and family that we will never forget. She is a lifesaver - we never could have pulled it all together without her expertise and guidance.

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 16
    Sent on 09/25/2018

Jake · Married on 09/02/2018

We used Lara and TPIM as our day of coordinator, and she was amazing. She ensured everything ran smoothly so we could enjoy our big day. Lara worked hard but made it all look easy, and coordinated all of our vendors perfectly. The day went off without a single problem. Everyone from vendors to guests could not stop raving about how kind, helpful and wonderful our coordinator was, and we could not agree more!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2018

I highly recommend Lara as a "month of/day of" coordinator. One month before the wedding, she actively reached out to begin preparing a timeline for the day and contacting vendors. All of my vendors said she was a pleasure to work with. Lara was always available via email or phone to go over details as they constantly shifted leading to the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, she was incredible, working to make sure everything ran on time and seamlessly. I was quite nervous that things would not run on-time but, because of Lara, we were on schedule to the minute! Lara also did her job with finesse. She was able run things from behind the scenes with a genuine kindness. Many guests also commented on how helpful she was throughout the event. Our wedding day was perfect and I believe she was an integral part of making that happen.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Tara · Married on 05/11/2018

We had the absolute best wedding that we could have ever imagined! My wife and Lara worked at a school together when Lara started “the Privilege is Mine”. So when we got engaged, my wife already knew Lara for some time and couldn’t wait to ask her to be our "Day of Coordinator." My wife and I are both artists (I’m a tattoo artist and she is a musician and dancer) and we wanted to create our own version of a “traditional wedding.” The venue was the Dumbo Loft which Lara has experience with already and she was masterful in her approach to every detail from the lights and decorations to coordinating the ceremony and gave us great advice on how to tackle all the ins and out of having our dream wedding at the Dumbo loft. As our Day of Coordinator, she was on call during the two weeks before the wedding and was quick to respond to our many questions and concerns. She really listened to our requests and was able to take our ideas and stitch them together perfectly resulting in THE BEST day of our lives! Isn’t that what a wedding should be? She helped delegate the roles that each member of our wedding party would take on and explained the order of events in a decisive manner so everyone was on point! The day of the wedding she was like a composer making sure all the moving parts happened on time and seamlessly. Her vast knowledge of weddings and passion for creating them is on par with any great artist, she took a blank canvas and painted a work of art that will live in our memory’s (and our great wedding photos) for the rest of our lives

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 17
    Sent on 05/21/2018

r · Married on 04/29/2018

If you feel overwhelmed and need help but don't even know what help to ask for, Lara is the perfect planner for you!! I was in those shoes, and Lara was a lifesaver, from the several weeks leading up to my wedding, and for the day of. No matter the issue, Lara was calm, thoughtful, and knew what to suggest or what to do.

Sent on 05/14/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 04/28/2018

Lara was wonderful to work with. I started the wedding process thinking we could do it all on our own because we were having a "chill" wedding...more like a party. That's exactly how it turned out, but only because of the amazing help of Lara. She was well organized, responded to any question or comment quickly, and was very reassuring throughout the process. Throughout the day of our wedding she ran a tight ship, and it felt like she was reading my mind before I even knew what I wanted. I'm happy we got to work with her and would send any wedding couple her way.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Annie · Married on 04/14/2018

Lara was incredible! We had three separate food vendors for her to coordinate (not to mention that our venue was three separate rooms) and she handled everything seamlessly. I didn't worry about anything all day knowing setup and coordination were in her hands; we loved working with her!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/06/2018

I hired Lara for my Greenpoint Loft wedding and it was the best decision I made in my planning process. If you know the venue, it literally comes with nothing. Lara and her assistant Chelsea seamlessly pulled off coordinating all the moving parts that come with renting a place like that. I gave Lara some ideas and she worked her magic making the place look more beautiful than I could have imagined. You can tell she takes pride in her work and doesn't just consider it a job. Incredibly conscientious and I would recommend her all day every day!

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 18
    Sent on 04/15/2018

Mer · Married on 01/02/2018

These are stunning photos and an amazing venue. My favorite place to buy wedding gifts and decor I always go to www.5thavestore.com. Check them out they are amazing!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Samantha · Married on 12/30/2017

Lara did an incredible job coordinating our wedding! From fielding last minute requests from my bridesmaids to precisely handling every last detail of our wedding day, Lara did it all and did it flawlessly. My husband and I are both incredibly type A people who were very concerned at the prospect of handing over the execution of our wedding to someone else, but we are SO glad we did - not only did we get to actually relax and enjoy our wedding day, but Lara personally ensured that every detail of our wedding was perfect. I couldn't recommend Lara and The Privilege is Mine more highly!

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 19
    THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 20
    THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 21
    THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 22
    THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 23
    THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 24
    Sent on 01/04/2018

Veronica · Married on 11/17/2017

It’s been days since my wedding and the posts, texts and calls I have been receiving telling me how great my wedding was are still coming in. Lara, went ABOVE AND BEYOND (literally, she got physically above one of the walls to place a board I was dead set on having hung at the entrance) to give me my dream wedding and to keep to my vision. Everything was exactly how I imagined and Lara knows that I am not easy to please (in addition to delivering visually – she works from the heart and is incredibly patience and understanding!) and she brought everything that I had in mind to life.

She was there for 10am to 1am, setting up everything by hand, she placed everything where it needed to be and so beautifully, she picked up everything that needed to be collected and packed it nicely while the partied continued upstairs. It was seamless. My mom had made some art for the reception that Lara, single-handly put up herself and moved when it was time to get them out of the way and SO gracefully. She is a star! We stayed almost exactly to schedule and the flow of the party felt natural and free. She made me feel safe at the wedding – knowing she had my back.

I would recommend Lara to anyone and everyone. I really am still searching for words to share the feeling when I walked into my venue and saw what I had envisioned in my mind executed and added to with delicate care, class, elegance, fun and confetti infused right into the very heart of our day. My husband and I will miss working with Lara – she is the greatest.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lara! You made our day <3

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 25
    Sent on 11/21/2017

Maxiel Isabel · Married on 10/21/2017

Our wedding was on 10.21.2017 - my husband
    and I did all the work as far as vendors, booking, buying decor, flowers, etc. but Lara took care of the logistics, day-of timeline and was in communication with all vendors. Everyone got along so well which was such a great thing!

Lara was always available and there to help. The day ran smoothly and Lara did exactly what we needed on the day of. She was also responsive and gave us useful advice. Lara has a great personality and a kind demineour.

Can’t believe that the day came and went already!! :( we will miss her!!

Love always, Sergio & Isabel

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 26
    Sent on 10/29/2017

Clayton · Married on 10/20/2017

Lara helped us out tremendously as my fiance and I tried planning and coordinating our wedding by ourselves, which turned out to be more difficult than anticipated. From the first email and initial meeting we knew that we had made the right choice as she made us feel at ease by taking a ton of things off our plate. Lara was extremely professional and easy to work with. Her and her husband even helped us fabricate our alter!! She made the day of the wedding stress fee and organized to the T. We could not be happier with how everything tured out. We would highly recommend Lara and The Privilege is mine if you are looking for a trustworthy, easy to work with and professional wedding planner/coordinator.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Leah · Married on 10/06/2017

Lara was great! We hired her as our day-of coordinator because our wedding was in three separate venues. I realized I needed someone to make sure all the moving pieces went together smoothly and efficiently and I wanted to be able to enjoy my special day without worrying about all the behind-the-scenes stuff. It was definitely money well spent! Lara's original assistant was not able to help out on my day but she had another assistant, her husband! They make such a great team!! We got to know them quite well during our walk-through and Matt definitely helped reassure my fiancé. In fact, my fiancé told him he needs to add groom consultancy work to their services! Honestly, Lara and Matt were so incredibly helpful. For day-of services Lara provides unlimited contact in the last month leading up to your wedding, and it is when you really need it the the most. It was definitely when I had a ton of little to-do items on my checklist, and when your nerves are at their highest. Larachecked in with us constantly and coordinated with all of my vendors on my behalf during that time. She was incredibly professional, responsive, friendly, and helpful. I could not have gotten through my wedding day without her and her assistant. My husband and I would recommend her and her team a thousand times over.

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE 27
    Sent on 10/10/2017

Munonyedi · Married on 09/09/2017

Lara was a fantastic wedding coordinator from start to finish and I recommend her wholeheartedly! As a stressed out bride with no idea what I was doing, I knew I needed the assistance of a wedding coordinator.

I hired Lara to be my month of wedding coordinator and boy was that a good idea. From our initial meeting to the day of the ceremony, Lara's help and input was invaluable. She was always there to fix any issues with vendors, she was receptive to my ideas and helped me turn my visions into reality.

The day of my wedding went so smoothly and without a hitch thanks to Lara's help. On our wedding day, I was truly able to be in moment with our friends and family and not have to worry about a single thing. Get you a coordinator like Lara! better yet get you Lara!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Natalie · Married on 09/03/2017

Originally, I planned on a completely DIY wedding (having absolutely NO idea how much energy/time the planning process entailed!). However, hiring a planner was the one, very insistent, piece of advice our married friends gave us.

We had a lot of curveballs thrown our way during planning & day of -- Lara was always prompt, helpful & professional. She was hired just as our day of coordinator but went above & beyond -- before, during, and even AFTER the wedding. She followed up w/ vendors during the entire process to make sure things ran as smoothly as possible. My husband & I are so grateful we had Lara as our planner.

Let's be honest, this is NYC and customer service is generally non existent (if you don't pay, someone else will!) -- the wedding planning process no different. Lara was an exception. She never treated us like a number & more like our wedding was her top priority.

If I had to do it again, I would hire her for full planning so that I could enjoy & focus on the FUN part -- making decorations! I will recommend her to all my engaged friends & hope I get to work with her again in the future :)

Sent on 09/17/2017

THE PRIVILEGE IS MINE's reply:

Thank you so much!! You both were a joy to work with. Your wedding was beautiful and it was an honor to be apart of such a special day!!