The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Reviews

113 | Philadelphia, PA

113 Reviews for The Philly Hair & Makeup Co.

Stephanie · Married on 02/01/2014

Ashley and her team were absolutely amazing to work with! I had a bad hair & makeup trial with another vendor and was in a desperate, last minute search for a new on-location stylist. Ashley was very responsive and flexible when scheduling my trial. She was open to ideas/change requests to my look, and really nailed what I was going for. All 7 of my bridesmaids, my mom, and my flower girl had their hair and makeup done by Ashley and two of her stylists on the morning of my wedding. We had a 7AM start time and Ashley and her stylists arrived early to set up. We finished with a little extra time to relax before we had to get going, including some touch-ups/last minute fixes. Ashley made it so relaxing & stress free the morning of, she and her team are very friendly and fun to talk to, and everyone looked absolutely gorgeous. All of our looks held up the entire day as well

Sent on 02/12/2014

Schweta · Married on 05/26/2013

Ashley and her sister did a fabulous job on my sister, mother, cousin and me! They were timely, efficient and very professional and even helped us stay positive when things got a little stressful. They did an excellent job with the makeup and hair...my hairstyle lasted the entire night and I have EXTREMELY thick and long hair, and I danced a lot. All in all, it was a great experience to work with them, and I will definitely call on them in the future whenever I need my makeup professionally done. :)

Sent on 06/11/2013

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2012

Although Ashley herself wasn't available for my wedding date, I worked with another artist from her company. Ashley was very helpful in setting everything up and helping me contact TaraLynn who was the artist that I worked with. Both were great! My makeup as well as all my girls, and the mothers was alll amazing!!!!

Sent on 01/05/2013

Kayleigh · Married on 08/25/2012

Ashley was extremely friendly and helpful throughout my entire planning process as well as the day of the wedding. As a bride planning a long distance wedding, I appreciated her timely response to my emails and her flexibility with when I could meet her for my trial appointment. She offered great advice on the hairstyle I should go with and my overall wedding day look. The day of she was organized and worked with a timetable that didn't make things rushed but also allowed for everyone to be ready on time. Ashley and her assistant Cassie were very personable and kept the conversation going with my bridesmaids and I, making for a very pleasant morning! I couldn't have been happier with the final product either; my hair turned out exactly how I wanted and my makeup was perfect. Ashley definitely listened to what I wanted and delivered a fantastic final product.

Sent on 01/14/2013

Suzanne · Married on 08/03/2012

Ashley was a fantastic stylist and makeup artist for my wedding! She was very flexible about traveling out to my Hotel and her prices were really reasonable -- much more reasonable than most other stylists I had talked to in the Philly area. She did my hair and makeup as well as my bridesmaids' hair. Everyone looked beautiful! She was great about giving people the exact style they wanted but also winging it with some of the girls who weren't sure what they wanted. She worked so quickly that we were actually ahead of schedule -- a nice feeling on my wedding day! She was also so, so sweet and pleasant.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Lindsay · Married on 09/30/2017

I used Philly Hair and Make Up Co for my wedding on 9/30/2017. Ashley was easy to work with to set up my trial appointment and plan for the wedding day. Sarah was my lead stylist and she was awesome! She did my hair and make up exactly how I wanted! Pat handled make up for my bridal party and they all looked perfect and were really happy with what he did. Christina also helped out for part of the day and was great! They powered through all of the services quickly, while still making everyone looked great and we finished on time. I would definitely recommend them to any bride looking for hair and make up services for their wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Cara · Married on 09/03/2016

Ashley was fabulous to work with. She was very responsive through email and it was easy to set up my trial and share all of my information with her. She and another stylist, Jacquelynn, came to the hotel to do makeup for me and my bridesmaids/mother. Both were very adaptable - I had a bridesmaid who asked Jacquelynn to modify her hair as it was a bit too high on her head for her liking, and Jacquelynn was totally happy to accommodate (and the re-do was perfect). Ashley also was able to work with me to do something different on my wedding day than what I had on my trial. Everything came out beautifully!

Sent on 10/22/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/23/2016

I was so happy I chose Philly Hair & Makeup Co. for my wedding day. Sarah provided hair styling and Patrick provided make-up services. They came to the hotel room where we were getting ready. They both did a fabulous job. I had my trial with Sarah about a month before the wedding and I showed her several pictures of what I wanted to look like and I feel like she really listened to me. On the day of the wedding, we had taken pictures from the trial so it was easy for her to remember exactly what I wanted. She was also very flexible when I didn't like something or wanted more hair volume/blush/eyeshadow/ect. All of my bridesmaids loved the hair and makeup they received and it lasted all day! Ashley also kept in touch with me throughout the process and was very flexible when I needed to add more makeup services on two weeks before the wedding.

Sent on 05/01/2016

Meredith · Married on 10/26/2013

I really wanted to find someone who did it all: hair, makeup AND they come to you on the wedding day.
    I came across Ashley Leoncini's Philly Hair & Makeup Co. from a vendor search and I emailed her immediately with tons of questions about products, availability, pricing, etc. She was constantly responsive.
    The trial was at her home, which was so much fun. I did both hair & makeup, and we were able to take our time to try out different things and talk through ideas. We took pictures of the final look and it was replicated EVEN BETTER on the wedding day.

On the wedding day, Ashley arrived exactly on time and she did hair/makeup for 4 out of the 6 girls (including myself). Some of the girls had their makeup/hair done so early in the morning - and it stayed all day and night long. We were all so impressed with how ahead of schedule we were, how much fun Ashley was to talk to and what an AMAZING job she did for each and every one of us. She truly made everyone's individual visions come to life.

It was particularly windy when we were taking pictures, and I was absolutely horrified that my hair was going to be ruined and as I walked inside I kept saying to my Maid of Honor "how is my hair, how is my hair." Her response?
    "It's actually PERFECT and doesn't look like you were standing in the wind at all. Ashley did an amazing job."

Sent on 11/22/2013

Kelly · Married on 09/15/2017

3.5

It was a LITTLE difficult initially setting up a trial/getting in contact with Philly Hair's owner, Ashley, but it was WELL worth it once I did. They were SUPER accommodating with work schedules and setting up trials during the week. Once I was set up for a trial, everything went perfectly! My stylist was Sarah who is hilarious and awesome. Their salon is adorable and it was totally chill during my trial. I showed her a bunch of pictures and Sarah totally nailed the look I wanted. She tried a couple of different looks without me even asking and we decided on a final look. She took notes and pics to make sure she remembered. Then I was given her cell phone for any time that I wanted to send her anything I saw that I might like. She gave me great recs for hair extensions. My bridesmaids RAVED about all of the girls who worked on their hair and make up. They helped the atmosphere to be so relaxed and fun. Not to mention, everyone looked awesome. I've been in a thousand weddings, and usually I am hiding in the bathroom fixing my make up, but both of my sisters and all of my friends loved how they looked (I SWEAR they weren't just saying it :) ). I loved Philly Hair so much, that I trusted Sarah to chop off all my hair in a new short look once I got back from my honeymoon.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Austin · Married on 06/13/2014

When looking for a hair and make-up vendor, I wanted someone who could come to my home and who I felt comfortable around. Ashley and her team were the perfect fit. Ashley is an amazing hair and make-up artist. She listens and creates your exact vision.

I felt absolutely beautiful the day of my wedding, thanks to Ashley.

Sent on 06/26/2014
  • User2920068 · 2+ years ago

Ashley and her team are phenomenal!!! So wonderful working with them - I highly recommend her!

Sent on 02/06/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/18/2016

Philly hair did a great job for my girls and I! Jacqueline was our stylist and she set everyone at ease with her down to earth personality - so easy to talk to and that says a lot coming from someone who always feel awkward going to a salon! The key to any good hair/makeup experience is to say exactly what you want and if you don't like the result to speak up. Your stylist is always willing to work towards the best look that you are happy with. Jacqueline's easy going nature made this communication process run very smoothly for everyone. I feel very lucky to have had her on my wedding day. There was a small hiccup with scheduling, but Ashley who coordinated our booking with Jacq was swift, accommodating, and resolved the issue in a few hours. I would suggest to other brides that you should have a final count from your girls, mothers, etc. as early as possible so that you have a proper timeline, enough stylists, etc. Overall, we had a wonderful experience and my husband is still looking at pics saying how amazing I looked. I know he'd get in trouble if he said otherwise lol, but I truly think he was blown away by their handy work. To that I say, why grow hair when you can buy clip-ins! Keep that in mind future brides! Thank you Philly Hair!

Sent on 06/19/2016