The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Reviews

113 | Philadelphia, PA

113 Reviews for The Philly Hair & Makeup Co.

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2014

Christin and Melissa did hair and makeup for me and my six bridesmaids on November 8th, 2014 in Center City, Philadelphia and they were awesome. They arrived on-time and gave everyone special attention. Everybody absolutely loved both their hair and makeup. Being on-location made everything so laid back and stress free. I am a very particular person when it comes to my appearance and my hair and makeup was literally perfect. Thank you so much for making us all look so beautiful for my wedding!

Sent on 11/18/2014

Ashley and her team we so fantastic to work with for my wedding. Christina and Melissa did the hair and makeup for me and my bridesmaids and they did an absolutely fantastic job! I had a trial with Christina a few weeks before my wedding, which was great. She and Ashley were extremely flexible finding a day and time that worked for me to come in. On the day of my wedding, Christina and Melissa were right on time (even a few minutes early) and had the first two girls ready to go right on time. All of us were done right on time to get over to the venue for photos. My hair and makeup stayed intact for 10 hours through pictures, ceremony and reception. I had to touch up my lipstick maybe 1-2 times because I opted for a bolder color. Would definitely recommend this company to anyone!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Liz · Married on 10/25/2014

Ashley was wonderful! On the day of our wedding, she came to our venue and did hair and make up for myself and my 4 bridesmaids. We all felt so beautiful. Ashley listened to our requests and gave us all exactly what we wanted. This is an important skill in a stylist!! She was on time, professional, fun, and we all loved our hair and makeup. Would recommend to everyone- great service and great value. P.S. get the lashes.

Sent on 03/13/2015

I was BEYOND happy with my wedding makeup!!! Ashley did make up for myself and my bridal party and everyone was extremely happy with their results. Myself and my bridesmaids don't wear much makeup on a daily basis and Ashley was able to provide us with a "natural" look that was beautiful in pictures and lasted for the 10 hours of the event/pictures. Ashley was also very flexible in setting up my makeup trial and discussing the details of the wedding along with my personal vision for my wedding day look. I would HIGHLY recommend Ashley to my friends and family! She was awesome!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Megan · Married on 10/04/2014

There are not enough great things to say about the ladies at Philly Hair & Makeup Co. I contacted Ashley back in October 2013 to have my makeup done for my engagement photos, and she was nothing but responsive, helpful, and kind all the way up to my wedding in October 2014. I worked with Melissa for makeup and Christina for hair, and they were both absolutely amazing. They came to my hotel room the morning of, which was such a relief and made the day so much easier. And at the end of the day, all of my bridesmaids looked stunning, and I have never felt more beautiful. If you are looking for reasonably priced beautiful hair and makeup, convenience, and some of the most friendly women you will ever meet, then look no further. Ashley and her amazing team are your girls.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Gretchen · Married on 10/03/2014

The Philly Hair & Makeup Company (Ashley) came out to my house to do my hair and makeup along with my bridal parties & mothers hair and makeup for my wedding in October. She was amazing to work with from beginning to end. Very responsive and so helpful. I was very unsure how I wanted my hair & makeup and kept changing it on her and she was so patient and helpful. She knew what I wanted before I even did. I changed it up on her from the trial on the day of and she just went with it. My hair & makeup was perfect! Exactly what I wanted and stayed put all night. My bridesmaids and myself don't typically wear much makeup and Ashley worked with each of us to make sure we felt comfortable and beautiful! I would recommend the Philly hair & makeup company to EVERYONE! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Kassandra · Married on 09/26/2014

I can not say enough good things about The Philly hair & makeup co., they were the absolute perfect choice for my wedding. Ashley was completely responsive & very flexible, I schedule my trial for the end of May where she did two makeup styles & two hairstyles. Each one looked fantastic! Closer to my wedding, I decided I wanted another style & she said it was absolutely not an issue, which is great to hear close to your wedding! She was also crazy patient, since my bridal party was driving me crazy with who was or was not getting hair/makeup or both with Ashley & her team. In the end, 6 out of the 7 of my bridesmaids got both their hair & makeup done with Ashley & her team and they looked AMAZING! On the wedding day, Ashley & her team were right on time & stayed very close to schedule, they were fun to have as part of our day. Ashley did my hair & makeup last and when I saw the final product, I was BLOWN AWAY! She made me look spectacular, I can't even say enough & after getting our pictures back just recently, they show for amazing it really looked. Thank you Ashley & the rest of the team for being part of our wedding day & making me & my girls look like models!

Sent on 11/23/2014

I used the Philly Hair & Makeup Co. for my wedding. Ashley and Shay were our stylist and they were fantastic! They listened to every thing my bridesmaids and other family members wanted and created beautiful hair and makeup styles that perfectly complimented their features. They were professional, timely and efficient. I would highly recommended booking Ashley and her team for your on-site hair and makeup needs!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Vicky · Married on 08/24/2014

Ashley was just a pure blessing to me. She came to our hotel and did everyones hair and makeup and she even finished ahead of schedule. Ashley is fun to be around and her work is magnificent. My makeup and my hair was absolutely beautiful. I would use her again for anything I needed hair and makeup done for. I really just cant praise her enough.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Ashley is amazing!! I first got to know her when I had a hair and makeup trial a few months ago (note: for all brides who are on the fence, you should definitely do a trial for both; it provides you with so much peace of mind and allows you tweak small things in advance of the big day). She is a sweetheart - very flexible in her approach, and great at what she does.

Both she and Patrick provided hair and makeup services for the entire bridal party plus my mom a few weeks ago. Everyone's needs were met and concerns were addressed...and the end result was that everyone looked amazing. I myself couldn't have been more thrilled with final result. TPH&MC = highly recommended!!

Sent on 09/02/2014

Lisa · Married on 08/16/2014

Ashley and her team are AMAZING - I love love LOVED how everything came out on my wedding day! Leading up to the big day, from the trial and everything in between, Philly Hair and Makeup were so on point - they not only made me feel at ease about the day-of beauty process, but I knew I was in good hands - their style and work is beautiful, natural and professional. They are the easiest and smartest decision you will make for your wedding day :)

Sent on 11/05/2014

Ashley is amazing!!!! I am very picky when it comes to hair and makeup and have never left a salon pleased with my hair. I had a trail about a month prior to my wedding day and Ashley went above and beyond for me. I showed her one picture and she nailed it. I left my trial feeling very relaxed and knew I could trust Ashley. The day of my wedding she took my hair to a whole new level and I loved it! She showed me the final product and I couldn't have been happier! My makeup was perfect too. If you are looking for a wonderful stylist to make you feel beautiful on your wedding day, then Ashley is your girl.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Ashley did my hair and make-up for my wedding in August as well as the hair for all of my bridesmaids. This company was amazing and convenient because they come to me. I had an up do that was by far phenomenal. She took my dreams and made them a reality. Not a hair out of place the whole night. My make- up was also beautiful and flawless. I would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 04/02/2015

Rebecca · Married on 06/22/2014

I had an excellent experience with Philly Hair & Make-up Co. Ashley was a pleasure to work with -- she responded to emails quickly and always answered my questions in a clear manner. I was also very impressed with my stylist, Christina. At my trial, Christina listened to what I wanted and executed my hairstyle perfectly. One the wedding day, she was able to basically recall from memory what we had done during the trial and my hair came out exactly the same, which was terrific! Additionally, at my reception, there was a lot of jumping around and sweatiness. My hair continued to look good through the end of the night, even when I put it in a ponytail for a while. Everyone in my bridal party was thrilled with Christina's work and I would definitely call on her again!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Tracy · Married on 06/21/2014

Ashley was a dream to work with and I would recommend her to any Philly area bride-to-be. The trial run went great and I was able to try two completely different hairstyles during the appointment. She's great to chat with and also made sure my mom and sister felt involved during the trial. Ashley and Christina did a fabulous job with me, my six bridesmaids and the moms on the day of. Everyone was really happy with their looks, which stayed put well into the night. Ashley also made sure to take some time at the end to do touch-ups on those who needed it. Thanks again, Ashley, for being part of our special day!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Courtney · Married on 06/14/2014

Ashley was recommended by a mutual friend, but unfortunately was unable to provide her personal service for my wedding day. Melissa was my make-up artist for both my engagement photos and wedding day. Melissa was prompt and helped us quickly prepare for the big event. Eventhough there were 6 adults and 3 children for Melissa to work on, she kept us ahead of schedule (I am still amazed!) and was respectful of everyone's natural beauty. She even gave some of my bridesmaids lipstick to so they could touch-up throughout the day!

Sent on 08/26/2014

Ally · Married on 06/07/2014

Melissa and Christina from Philly Hair & Makeup are amazingly crafted at what they do. They did hair & makeup for myself, my mom, aunt, and 4 bridesmaids for my wedding and everyone looked naturally stunning all day and night. All of my girls and family members raved about the services...one of my bridesmaids even tried to hired them for her wedding but they were already booked:(

Melissa (makeup) and Christina (hair) were also so warm and fun throughout the morning/day getting ready. It really felt like two extra girlfriends in the room helping us all get ready for a night out. They both listened and executed exactly what each bridesmaid/mom asked for, and really made the effort to capture the mood and style of each girl.

Philly Hair & Makeup is extremely reasonably priced and worth every penny. Ashley, the owner, is very organized and set up everything perfectly. I really can't say enough about Melissa and Christina and would recommend them to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Ashley and her team from Philly Hair & Makeup Co. exceeded our expectations! From my first contact with Ashley through the wedding day, she was extremely responsive, professional, and easy to work with. Myself, my bridesmaids (7), and mothers of the bride and groom were all very satisfied with our services (hair, makeup, and eyelashes). I was very happy with my trial before the event which made me feel more calm about my hair and makeup for the big day. Ashley was able to take ideas from the photos I provided in addition to ideas of her own to make the final product look exactly how I wanted it. I would highly recommend Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Thanks Ashley and Xtina!!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Jackie · Married on 05/17/2014

Let me start off just by saying that Ashley is amazing! After going to several hair and makeup artists for trials, I went to Ashley and knew she was the one. On the wedding day she was on time, the bridesmaids' hair/makeup looked just as I imagined and she made me look exactly as I had hoped for my wedding. She styled my hair until it looked perfect. On top of all this, she is a truly lovely person and I could not have asked for a sweeter person to spend my time with before walking down the aisle.

Sent on 05/18/2014

Jenny · Married on 05/04/2014

Ashley Leonicini and her team of stylists(Abby and Patrick) did an amazing job with hair and makeup for my wedding weekend. I had two interreligious ceremonies on a Saturday and Sunday in May and they were fantastic with styling not only my hair and makeup early in the morning but also for my mom and bridesmaids. My hair and makeup looked great all day long and I barely had to worry about touching up anything. They were also really flexible with adjusting times and made us feel completely comfortable with any styles we needed done. Abby even came to help me with hair and makeup at the reception hall which honestly was a lifesaver! I would definitely recommend them for any important event that you have coming up!!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Alexa · Married on 04/26/2014

We had an amazing experience working with Ashley at the Philly Hair and Makeup Co. for my wedding on 4/26/14. Ashley was incredibly responsive and such a pleasure to work with during the weeks leading up to the wedding. We had a trial at her studio about a month before, and she did a great job translating what ideas I had into a beautiful look. On the day of the wedding, she and her makeup artist were incredibly prompt and quick - they finished hair and makeup for all of the girls earlier than we had planned, which was awesome and kept us on schedule on the wedding day! Most importantly, everyone was very pleased with how their hair and makeup came out. I would definitely recommend Ashley and her team for any event!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Kimberly · Married on 01/24/2014

I would highly recommend Ashley Leoncini from Philly Hair & Makeup Co. I was married on January 24th, 2014 and could not have been more pleased with both my hair and makeup. I had a trial run with Ashley in her private studio about a month prior to my wedding day. Ashley nailed the 1920's vintage look I wanted for both my hair and makeup and was able to duplicate the look the day of the wedding. My makeup was flawless and I received more compliments on my hair than I can remember. She really helped pull my whole theme and "look" together and my pictures came out just gorgeous. I would use Ashley again for any event in the future.

Sent on 05/14/2014

Andrea · Married on 11/03/2013

Ashley was recommended to me by a friend, and I was thrilled with her work. She was always very responsive via email, and even though I changed my mind about my style after our trial session, I always felt like we were on the same page. It's hard to find someone who can work with very curly hair, and I was worried about trusting someone to style my hair so I could wear it mostly down for my wedding, but I'm so glad I went with Ashley. She arrived right on time to our venue (even before I did!) at 7am, and we stayed on schedule all morning. I was incredibly happy with my hair and makeup for the wedding, and my bridesmaids had a great experience with their hair as well. Her prices are incredibly reasonable as well, and we didn't have to worry about finding a salon that was open on a Sunday morning. Definitely use Philly Hair & Makeup if you can!

Sent on 01/29/2014

Adrienne · Married on 09/28/2013

I am so glad I had Ashley and her team as the hair and makeup stylist on my wedding day. I got married on the beach in SIC, NJ weather was perfect except for the wind. Ashley made sure my hair stayed perfect throughout the entire day and evening. I received so many compliments on both my hair and makeup and so did my bridesmaids. I would highly recommend Ashley to any bride or bridal party! She is very sweet and even helped me pick out my hair piece last minute. I also thought her pricing was extremely reasonable for travel hair and makeup. I loved not having to stress about going back and forth to a salon :)

Sent on 11/23/2013

Alycia · Married on 09/07/2013

Ashley was amazing to work with. The trial run was so much fun and she nailed exactly what I was looking for; both makeup and hair style. The day of was flawless. The venue was hard to find (it was in a park), but the team was there. All my girls loved the turnout of their hair and makeup and I couldn't have been happier with my look as well. I would definitely recommend Ashley.

Sent on 12/10/2013