The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Reviews

112 | Philadelphia, PA

112 Reviews for The Philly Hair & Makeup Co.

Julia · Married on 05/02/2020

The best ever!

I cannot recommend Philly Hair & Makeup enough!!! Ashley made me feel more beautiful than I could have ever imagined on my wedding day!! I showed up to my trial with an inspiration photo and Ashley left me speechless! Ashley & her team made my entire bridal party, Mother, & MIL look & feel so beautiful on the day! The entire team was so punctual and finished everyone’s looks perfectly on time. It was such a pleasure to work with Ashley throughout this entire process. She is so sweet, professional, and truly an expert! Thank you so much Ashley. I am so grateful for you!

Sent on 12/31/2020
  • Kyra

Kyra · Married on 01/18/2020

Professional, friendly, amazing stylists for that natural but glam look!

Ashley's team was simply the best for my hair and makeup team for my wedding. Shae did my hair and makeup, I wanted glam waves and a natural but glam makeup look and it couldn't have turned out more perfectly. I got so many compliments and my hair and makeup held up the entire night even after some serious dancing on the dance floor. My bridesmaids all looked gorgeous as well. Ashley was so responsive and helpful over email, which is so helpful during the planning process. Couldn't recommend the Philly Hair & Makeup Co. more!!

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 12/06/2019

Absolutely Amazing.

Ashley and her team were absolutely amazing. If you want to feel the prettiest of yourself on your wedding day then you need to book Ashley and her girls. Ashley, Abby, and Shae did my girls hair and make up for our wedding and were even ready ahead of schedule. They were fast and everyone truly felt beautiful. I received so many compliments throughout the day about my hair and makeup. Girls were texting me two days later that their curls were still in place. Prior to my wedding, Katelyn in the salon even did a color correction for me to make sure that my hair matched perfectly and was completely ready for our wedding day. Long story short- booking Philly Hair for my wedding day was one of the best decisions that I made and I cannot thank you guys enough!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 09/28/2019

Would definitely recommend!

I went with The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. for my makeup for my wedding. I had been a bridesmaid for a wedding last Summer and the bride used them. We had Ashley that day and she did a really great job on everyone's makeup so when it came to my own wedding I decided to go with them as well. I emailed back and forth with Ashley and she was super responsive! On the day of my wedding I didn't have bridesmaids, just a few friends + family members who wanted to get their makeup done. Abby spent the day with us and she was amazing! She is so sweet and did such an awesome job. I absolutely loved my makeup! I would definitely recommend the team at Philly Hair & Makeup Co.!

Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Nora

Nora O. · Married on 08/31/2019

My Go To Team

Ashley has been cutting and coloring my hair for several years now. I’ve never had a problem or complaint, so naturally when it came time for my wedding she was my first and only choice. I have extremely thin hair. She worked with me to get the right extensions and dyed them to match my hair. The day of, she and her team were so calming, and importantly, on time! Everyone looked and felt beautiful. I cannot thank them enough for a great start to our perfect day.

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding Hair and Makeup

Ashley was great to work with from the trial all the way through to the day of the wedding. She is professional, responsive, and of course an incredible hair and makeup artist. Would highly recommend her and her team.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/04/2019

Amazing Stylist

Ashley from Philly Hair & Makeup Co. is hands down a world-class makeup artist and hair stylist. I was fortunate to use her services last year when I did a boudoir photoshoot for my husband's wedding gift. Not only did she glam me up to where I felt beautiful and still like myself, but she came along to the actual photoshoot. She made sure I looked beautiful the whole time, which really helped to boost my confidence. She was genuinely a great individual to work both personally and professionally. If I have the opportunity to use her services again, I would not hesitate.

Sent on 03/26/2020

Courtney C. · Married on 05/11/2019

ahhhhhmazzzzinggg!

I literally cannot say enough good things about Ashley and her team at The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Being someone who hardly wears any makeup, I was concerned about not looking like myself on my wedding day but with Ashley I had nothing to worry about. She was responsive and accommodating from day one and even gave me suggestions on what to do or not to do when it came to my hair and makeup, including telling me which brand of hair extensions to buy since I was clueless! Ashley was probably one of the easiest vendors to work with: she listened to my fears, my likes and my dislikes and she also knew all the right questions to ask. During my hair trial Ashley tried out not one but two different hair styles (!!!) and paid as much attention to detail on my makeup as she did on my actual wedding day. She would not let me leave until I was completely satisfied with my look.

On my wedding day, Ashley and her team ROCKED. They were punctual and upbeat and really helped to get the day started on the right foot. Her team, Abby and Jaclynn, did the most amazing job on my girls... I was genuinely floored when I saw how good they all looked. Naturally, Ashley knocked my look out of the park on the day of. We even made some tweaks in between the trial and the day-of and she nailed it perfectly... Everyone felt and looked incredible on my wedding day and we owe all our thanks to Ashley and her team. I cannot recommend them enough- The Philly Hair Co's services are top-notch and at a reasonable price, especially for the level of service you get.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Poonam · Married on 05/01/2019

Amazing hair and makeup!!!!

Ashley and her team did hair and makeup for my wedding for me, moms, and bridesmaids, a total of 8 women. The three of them were fast, listened to what everyone wanted, and executed flawlessly. Ashley was wonderful to work with. She was flexible with timing and willing to work with our other vendors. She communicated with me on a timely fashion and sent me a schedule ahead of the wedding day. My trial was in her salon and she really worked with me to figure out what I wanted. On the day of the wedding, she and her team came on time, got straight to work, and did upscaled natural looks for everyone. They answered any questions and truly listened to make sure everyone felt beautiful. There were women that wear makeup normally and others that really don't and among that 8 women getting hair and make up done, there was a wide range of skin tone and complexions and hair types. And every single woman so excited and in love with how they looked. On top of that hair and makeup for everyone stayed like perfection all night. My makeup didn't feel caked on and my hair felt really natural. This was also a South Asian wedding. Ashley helped me figure out what would look best with the tikka on the day of the trial and and she and her team put in tikkas in our hair effectively. Further, while I ended up not having my dupatta pinned into my hair, Ashley was more than willing to help me make it work. Finally, I really wanted to look beautiful without looking really over the top and she really made me look stunning. 1000% would recommend Ashley and her team!!!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Courtney · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing Hair and Makeup!

Philly Hair and Makeup was truly spectacular.

From the beginning Ashley (the owner) was so great to work with, from being super responsive on email and answering all my questions, to creating a schedule for the day, and having questions for timing to be able to work with our photographer, as well as coordinating with an additional suite of ladies. I loved my hair and makeup that she did at the trial, and appreciated that she took the time to understand the slight changes that I wanted to make for the day of the wedding.

I don't think I can fully express how ecstatic I was with the final result. When I looked in the mirror I was literally shocked at my reflection. I had already loved what she had done at the trial, but I was completely enamored at the small - but perfect - tweaks she did for the wedding day. My hair had the perfect amount of "texture" on the top, while having curled tendrils hanging down, and my makeup was perfect - perfect. It looked like "me" but in a more dramatic wedding-vibe. Everyone commented on how flawless my makeup looked, and I really felt so completely beautiful. It also all stayed in place until 4am!

If you want amazing hair and makeup, you should definitely book Philly Hair & Makeup!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Jenny · Married on 02/22/2019

Amazing!

These girls are unbelievable!! I had Ashley for my hair and makeup and she was amazing! I looked exactly how I had envisioned! Her team of girls also were exceptional and all my bridesmaids loved their looks! I would 100% recommend Ashley and her team!!

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply the best!

Ashley and The Philly Hair & Makeup team were a dream to work with! From my initial hair trail to day of, I felt very confident in Ashley's ability to capture the look/feel that I was going for. As a self proclaimed "plain Jane" I don't typically wear a lot of makeup or look glam, but Ashley worked with me to create a style that felt elegant - and most importantly, I still felt like myself. All of my bridesmaids and mom loved their hair and makeup (which after being in several weddings I know is so rare ha!). Ashley was very communicative and punctual. All of our hair and makeup lasted all day and survived some pretty strong beach winds during photos. Do not hesitate to book Ashley for your special day...she is simply the best and I would recommend her services to anyone x10.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Corinne · Married on 05/26/2018

All of the girls from Philly Hair & Makeup Co. were amazing from start to finish! I worked with Ashley to schedule my trial & day-of details, and she was responsive, professional, and flexible during the whole process. Jaclyn did my hair and make up and did an absolutely amazing job. She was fun and stress free to work with, and during the trial helped me work out what I actually wanted, since I was exactly sure. Christina did all of my bridesmaids and mother's hair and they all looked absolutely stunning! Our hair and make up all stayed put through all of our photos (outdoors in 90 degree heat at the end of May, no small feat) and through hours of dancing! I would definitely recommend this group of professionals to anyone looking for a stunning look for their big day!!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Sophie · Married on 02/10/2018

FABULOUS! STELLAR! Ashley and her team are top notch and rock stars. Ashley was very easy to work with in terms of booking my trial and helping me plan the "day of" schedule. All of my bridesmaids hair and makeup lasted the entire DAY! Ashley was very thoughtful and calming, when it came time to do my makeup she helped me relax and pumped me up. Leaving a few things to last minute I forgot to physically write my husband card, prior to doing my makeup, Ashley told me to just take a few minutes to write it since she knew this would be the last calm moment before all the excitement that was about to ensue. Her and her team were just beyond amazing, very friendly and supportive and made all my ladies look gorgeous. Love this company and will absolutely be back for all future Philadelphia weddings and events.

Sent on 03/12/2018

Paige · Married on 11/18/2017

I'm so glad I chose Philly Hair & Makeup to mine and all of my bridesmaid's hair on my wedding day. They were so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process and were great about being flexible for my trial since I live in NYC. Shae did my hair and she was amazing! She listened to everything I wanted and was amazing about making tweaks from my trial that I threw on her day of. My hair held up perfectly and was really comfortable and looked amazing! Thomas was the other stylist for the day and they were both wonderful---everyone's hair looked amazing!! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Lindsay · Married on 11/04/2017

I chose to work with Philly Hair & Makeup CO, because their customer service was 100% from the first time I contacted them/ I've used them for my 'trial' engagement party and my hair was perfect and my makeup was exactly how I liked it. I'm excited for the wedding day. I was very nervous with getting my makeup done because I still wanted to look like myself. I'm excited that they actually listen to what I want.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Deena · Married on 11/04/2017

Ashley was incredible through our entire planning process! She understood my hair (curly) and my vision and she really listened to what I was saying. She styled my hair naturally curly, and my sisters in full voluminous blowout with loose curls.

For Make up she was also wonderful! She listened to each of our requests and needs and different faces (ages 25-60) and we were all radiant and glowing.

She brought everything with her on site and was really a perfect addition to our wedding morning prep - we could not have done it without her!!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Jessie · Married on 09/30/2017

I could not be happier with my experience with The Philly Hair and Make-Up Co!!! They did hair and make-up in my parents home for myself and 9 other ladies! I am so thankful to have so much talent come to the house the morning of the wedding as it made the whole experience relaxing. All the girls showed up a little early to ensure they were set up and ready to go so we never were behind schedule!

Ashley was very responsive with initial inquiries and pricing requests. She worked with my difficult work schedule to accommodate a time that worked best for me and my mom for my hair and make-up trial.

Shea did my bridal hair and make-up, and WOW!! She’s incredibly talented, and not just at hair styling and application of make-up, but intently listening to the client and perfecting the vision being described! I was simply amazed at what she did at my trial and was SO excited to see what she would come up with the wedding day! Everything turned out flawlessly and lasted the entire day and night! Shea was also amazing at styling shorter hair, which she did for my mom and one of my bridesmaids!!

Bella did hair for the remainder of my bridal party, and she absolutely stunned us all with her talent! My sister (MOH) had a vision of a braided/curled fishtail Long side braid, and I will admit I was a little hestitant but trusted The Philly Hair and Make-Up Co to carrying out my sister’s vision and I’m glad I did because she had the best style of the day!! I cannot thank Bella enough for making my sister shine like the beauty she is on my wedding day!!

Lynnea did make-up for the majority of my bridal party and family. I cannot believe how gorgeous everyone looked, from the bridesmaids to my mom, Aunt and neighbor! The older women were a bit hesitant about getting make-up and lashes, but they all were stunning and so happy they did. Thank you Lynnea for working with everyone so seamlessly to make everyone feel extra gorgeous!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Marissa · Married on 09/16/2017

Philly Hair & Makeup Co. is the best in the business. The team offers exceptional talent and professionalism. Ashley took all my ideas and made them a reality, starting with the trial through to the wedding. She will make you look and feel flawless! I couldn’t recommend this team more!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Jean · Married on 07/03/2017

Ashley and Shea did a great job doing hair and make-up at my wedding. They were super friendly and great to work with. Ashley did an amazing job listening to what I wanted. I don’t wear a ton of make-up on a day-to-day basis so wearing a lot on my wedding day didn’t seem right. But Ashley gave me a glamorous look that lasted all day and it looked very natural.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Cait · Married on 05/20/2017

Ashley and her team recently did the hair and makeup for my wedding. To say that I was happy would be an understatement! Everyone's hair and makeup was absolutely flawless, and I felt like she made me look so incredible on my wedding day. If you want someone who is going to make you feel and look the best you can possibly be on your wedding day, Ashley and her team are it! I would recommend them to everyone

Sent on 09/12/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/13/2017

The Philly Hair and Makeup Co were so incredible to work with on my wedding day that they are now my regular hair salon as well! I met with Sarah for my hair and makeup trial, and had her there for my big day as well. I was able to show her a few pinterest photos and describe the look I was going for and she instantly understood my vision and knocked it out of the park. On the big day the Philly Hair and Makeup team arrived promptly and ready to rock early in the morning. They did hair and makeup for myself, my 6 bridesmaids, and my mom and every look was perfect. Philly Hair and Makeup are the best I've seen at creating elevated looks for the big day but still allowing each girl to look like themselves - just the most fabulous version ever! My wedding day literally poured all day and our hair and makeup did.not.budge. AT ALL. I absolutely love these ladies - they're amazing!

Sent on 07/31/2017
  • Lindzer

Lindsey · Married on 04/29/2017

Ashley and Shae worked their makeup & hair magic on my bridesmaids and I for my wedding, and did an amazing job. For some reason, hair & makeup were the hardest for me to book -- I kept looking at reviews and portfolios and second-guessing myself. As soon as I went for my trial with Ashley, I was reassured. She is so much fun and SO talented. For my wedding day, I asked for a few tweaks to my makeup from the trial, and she did them perfectly. I looked 100% like me, just better, and felt so confident all night. All the bridesmaids looked beautiful also and were really happy with their hair and makeup.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Elisa · Married on 01/14/2017

Ashley was amazing! She knew exactly what i wanted at the trial just by my giving her a couple of images in my head. She executed in perfectly. She also did my makeup flawlessly. I wear minimal makeup so I didn't know exactly what I wanted or even needed. She nailed it. I looked natural but flawless. My bridesmaids also looked perfect. I can't say enough about how wonderful she was to work with!

Sent on 01/27/2017
  • M&MPALMER7

Stella · Married on 12/17/2016

Loved my hair! Stayed all night! Ashley came and took my veil out after the ceremony too. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/20/2016