99 Reviews for The Philly Hair & Makeup Co.

User Photos
Makeup Trial (5)
Natural Makeup (3)
Airbrush Makeup (1)
99 The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Reviews

FABULOUS! STELLAR! Ashley and her team are top notch and rock stars. Ashley was very easy to work with in terms of booking my trial and helping me plan the "day of" schedule. All of my bridesmaids hair and makeup lasted the entire DAY! Ashley was very thoughtful and calming, when it came time to do my makeup she helped me relax and pumped me up. Leaving a few things to last minute I forgot to physically write my husband card, prior to doing my makeup, Ashley told me to just take a few minutes to write it since she knew this would be the last calm moment before all the excitement that was about to ensue. Her and her team were just beyond amazing, very friendly and supportive and made all my ladies look gorgeous. Love this company and will absolutely be back for all future Philadelphia weddings and events.

Profile Picture Sophie, 2/10/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Salon

I'm so glad I chose Philly Hair & Makeup to mine and all of my bridesmaid's hair on my wedding day. They were so wonderful to work with throughout the entire process and were great about being flexible for my trial since I live in NYC. Shae did my hair and she was amazing! She listened to everything I wanted and was amazing about making tweaks from my trial that I threw on her day of. My hair held up perfectly and was really comfortable and looked amazing! Thomas was the other stylist for the day and they were both wonderful---everyone's hair looked amazing!! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Paige, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Multi. Stylists, Salon, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

I chose to work with Philly Hair & Makeup CO, because their customer service was 100% from the first time I contacted them/ I've used them for my 'trial' engagement party and my hair was perfect and my makeup was exactly how I liked it. I'm excited for the wedding day. I was very nervous with getting my makeup done because I still wanted to look like myself. I'm excited that they actually listen to what I want.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/4/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Salon, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Ashley was incredible through our entire planning process! She understood my hair (curly) and my vision and she really listened to what I was saying. She styled my hair naturally curly, and my sisters in full voluminous blowout with loose curls.

For Make up she was also wonderful! She listened to each of our requests and needs and different faces (ages 25-60) and we were all radiant and glowing.

She brought everything with her on site and was really a perfect addition to our wedding morning prep - we could not have done it without her!!

Profile Picture Deena, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I could not be happier with my experience with The Philly Hair and Make-Up Co!!! They did hair and make-up in my parents home for myself and 9 other ladies! I am so thankful to have so much talent come to the house the morning of the wedding as it made the whole experience relaxing. All the girls showed up a little early to ensure they were set up and ready to go so we never were behind schedule!

Ashley was very responsive with initial inquiries and pricing requests. She worked with my difficult work schedule to accommodate a time that worked best for me and my mom for my hair and make-up trial.

Shea did my bridal hair and make-up, and WOW!! She’s incredibly talented, and not just at hair styling and application of make-up, but intently listening to the client and perfecting the vision being described! I was simply amazed at what she did at my trial and was SO excited to see what she would come up with the wedding day! Everything turned out flawlessly and lasted the entire day and night! Shea was also amazing at styling shorter hair, which she did for my mom and one of my bridesmaids!!

Bella did hair for the remainder of my bridal party, and she absolutely stunned us all with her talent! My sister (MOH) had a vision of a braided/curled fishtail Long side braid, and I will admit I was a little hestitant but trusted The Philly Hair and Make-Up Co to carrying out my sister’s vision and I’m glad I did because she had the best style of the day!! I cannot thank Bella enough for making my sister shine like the beauty she is on my wedding day!!

Lynnea did make-up for the majority of my bridal party and family. I cannot believe how gorgeous everyone looked, from the bridesmaids to my mom, Aunt and neighbor! The older women were a bit hesitant about getting make-up and lashes, but they all were stunning and so happy they did. Thank you Lynnea for working with everyone so seamlessly to make everyone feel extra gorgeous!!

Photo for The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. Review - Just look at that braid!!!!
Photo
Profile Picture Jessie, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Philly Hair & Makeup Co. is the best in the business. The team offers exceptional talent and professionalism. Ashley took all my ideas and made them a reality, starting with the trial through to the wedding. She will make you look and feel flawless! I couldn’t recommend this team more!

Profile Picture Marissa, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Ashley and Shea did a great job doing hair and make-up at my wedding. They were super friendly and great to work with. Ashley did an amazing job listening to what I wanted. I don’t wear a ton of make-up on a day-to-day basis so wearing a lot on my wedding day didn’t seem right. But Ashley gave me a glamorous look that lasted all day and it looked very natural.

Profile Picture Jean, 7/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup

Ashley and her team recently did the hair and makeup for my wedding. To say that I was happy would be an understatement! Everyone's hair and makeup was absolutely flawless, and I felt like she made me look so incredible on my wedding day. If you want someone who is going to make you feel and look the best you can possibly be on your wedding day, Ashley and her team are it! I would recommend them to everyone

Profile Picture Cait, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, Updos/Styling, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

The Philly Hair and Makeup Co were so incredible to work with on my wedding day that they are now my regular hair salon as well! I met with Sarah for my hair and makeup trial, and had her there for my big day as well. I was able to show her a few pinterest photos and describe the look I was going for and she instantly understood my vision and knocked it out of the park. On the big day the Philly Hair and Makeup team arrived promptly and ready to rock early in the morning. They did hair and makeup for myself, my 6 bridesmaids, and my mom and every look was perfect. Philly Hair and Makeup are the best I've seen at creating elevated looks for the big day but still allowing each girl to look like themselves - just the most fabulous version ever! My wedding day literally poured all day and our hair and makeup did.not.budge. AT ALL. I absolutely love these ladies - they're amazing!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/13/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Salon

Ashley and Shae worked their makeup & hair magic on my bridesmaids and I for my wedding, and did an amazing job. For some reason, hair & makeup were the hardest for me to book -- I kept looking at reviews and portfolios and second-guessing myself. As soon as I went for my trial with Ashley, I was reassured. She is so much fun and SO talented. For my wedding day, I asked for a few tweaks to my makeup from the trial, and she did them perfectly. I looked 100% like me, just better, and felt so confident all night. All the bridesmaids looked beautiful also and were really happy with their hair and makeup.

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/29/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Salon

Ashley was amazing! She knew exactly what i wanted at the trial just by my giving her a couple of images in my head. She executed in perfectly. She also did my makeup flawlessly. I wear minimal makeup so I didn't know exactly what I wanted or even needed. She nailed it. I looked natural but flawless. My bridesmaids also looked perfect. I can't say enough about how wonderful she was to work with!

Profile Picture Elisa, 1/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

Loved my hair! Stayed all night! Ashley came and took my veil out after the ceremony too. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture User4835492, 1+ year ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

My hair and makeup looked fantastic from beginning to end of my wedding day, as I was reminded by many guests at the end of the day. The first hair and makeup trial at the salon went great, and when I realised I wanted a different makeup look several days later, setting up a new appointment was not a problem. Sarah was great at translating the looks I showed her to fit me and to incorporate the hair pieces I had bought. The day of, the girls were prompt to arrive at our hotel and stuck to the schedule getting everyone done in time for the day ahead. I loved not having travel anywhere to get ready.

Profile Picture Angela, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amazing!!!!! I highly recommend The Philly Hair and Makeup Co. Ashley and Shae, both true artists, created beautiful hair and makeup styles on all the girls -- everyone looked gorgeous and even the most discerning bridesmaid loved the way they made her look. They also created a relaxing, fun, and special environment on what could have been a very stressful day. I wish I could get beautified by them everyday!!!!

Profile Picture Tatum, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ashley helped me and my bridal party get ready for my wedding in June. I planned my wedding from Florida and she was incredibly flexible and patient. From my hair trial to the big day, she was super accommodating and we even finished ahead of schedule with everyone's hair looking amazing! I highly recommend! Thanks for everything Ashley!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/25/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ashley and Patrick did a wonderful job with hair and make-up for our wedding! All of the girls looked beautiful - even better than I could have imagined! My sister was so thrilled that she ended up booking Ashley for her wedding next year. Would definitely recommend to any bride-to-be!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Shae and Jackie did an amazing job and were so fun to work with! They were on time, finished early and we were even able to add two girls for make up that morning! We got so many compliments from family and friends about how great everyone's hair and make up looked! I would highly recommend The Philly Hair and Makeup Co for any special occasion!

Profile Picture Cara, 5/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

The Philly Hair & Makeup Co. was recommended to me through a friend for my wedding and I could not be happier that I used them on the big day. From the very beginning they were helpful and responsive, Ashely replied to every e-mail that I sent her within hours. She was also flexible when we asked her to change a few things around for the day of the wedding. On my wedding day, Sarah did my hair and makeup, along with my bridesmaids. I can't say enough about how great Sarah is! I wanted to be surrounded by positive people on my wedding day, and Sarah was absolutely that. I got compliments all day on how great my hair and makeup looked - my makeup and hair both stayed perfect all evening (even up through 2am)! I felt like a princess, and could not have been happier with the final result. One of my bridesmaids had a meltdown, and Sarah was able to stay positive and did a great job accommodating the stressed bridesmaid. When Sarah was finishing hair and makeup, Ashley came up to our suite assist with the final touchups for the rest of the bridesmaids. She was fantastic and helped the girls to feel like their looks were 100% complete! I can't say enough about how awesome these women were and what an impact they had on making my wedding day flawless! I plan on going in for a haircut regularly to the salon, solely because I want to hang out with them!

Profile Picture Moira , 5/7/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Salon, Updos/Styling

Ashley was amazing! She did makeup for my bridal party (5 bridesmaids), myself, and 4 additional people and was extremely professional, prompt, and just simply very talented. Even when a few of my bridesmaids were late, she remained professional and adjusted appointment times accordingly so that we can all stay on schedule. She was also really great at listening to what everyone wanted. During my trial there were a couple things that I was particular about (i.e. eyebrows filled in) and she listened and adjusted accordingly for my big day. I couldn't be happier with her services. She's also just a really nice person and on the morning of my wedding, I wanted to surround myself with nothing but positivity and Ashley totally brought it! She also did hair and makeup for my cousin's bridal party, which is how I found her. If it wasn't for a close friend being a hairdresser, I absolutely would've hired Ashley for that as well. Everyone from both bridal parties (18 people total!) were extremely happy with her work. Thanks again, Ashley!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Consultations, Group Services, Licensed, Makeup

Ashley was great. I have heavy hair and she did awesome job.

Profile Picture User6324357, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Salon

This group of 3 lovely ladies came to my hotel suite to provide hair and makeup services for me, all of my bridesmaids, and the moms. They arrived on time and set up without asking me a million questions. On your wedding day, you don't want anyone who doesn't have a take-charge attitude. The ladies did an awesome job of interpreting all of our ideas: 'i pinned these 5 pictures' 'i want to look natural but glamourous' etc. My hair and makeup looked gorgeous! Thank you Philly Hair and Makeup! (OH - my wedding was on New Year's Eve and this company did not blink an eye or charge me more for a 'holiday' rate as other vendors tried to do. Absolutely fantastic.)

Profile Picture Maureen, 12/31/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Fake Lashes

I booked Philly Hair and Makeup Co. for my bridal party and family members for my wedding. Christina and Jackie were both incredible! They arrived right on time (after traveling an hour!) and were ready to go, and finished with time to spare. Everyone's hair and makeup looked fantastic, and most importantly, stayed that way the entire day and night. These girls do a great job!

Profile Picture User5363131, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Ashley was the perfect stylist for my non traditional reception. She has a broad range of skills and was able to do two completely different looks, one natural for my mom and the other more glamorous for myself. She really listened to what we wanted, and helped us to feel amazing! I would highly recommend Ashley for any event, and hope to use her again in the future.

Profile Picture User5579095, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Christina did my hair and makeup for my wedding through Philly Hair & Make-Up Co. and did a fantastic job. She did a great job listening to what I said and made what I envisioned a reality. (She was also able to keep my hair from budging at all on a super windy day while still giving me a loose/romantic look). She made me feel comfortable at every step of the way and I was really happy with the results.

Profile Picture Abby, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews