The Perry House Reviews

The Perry House 4
The Perry House 5

Sandi · Married on 09/22/2018

Fabulous Wedding at Perry House

My daughter and groom picked out Perry House out of many options, and we all just couldn't be happier. Everything was perfect. The venue, with it's beautiful garden area for the ceremony and the dinner, the enchanting House itself, with its charming rooms, and the staff and food were all incredible. Our Event Manager, Amanda, was patient with us throughout the process, and so helpful right till the end. Since the bride and groom live in SF, and I am out of state and only actually came to the venue once, before the wedding, it was such a relief to have Amanda help with so many of the details.
    We decorated the beautiful Arbor, that is on site, for the Chupa, and they chose to later hang a delicate chandelier over their table, under the chupa, and it was enchanting.

We served numerous hors d'oeuvres, passed and stationery, and then had a grill station for the salmon, and even used their on site pizza oven for one of the courses. The food was fabulous! And we even had our Rehearsal Dinner at the Gatherings, also owed by the same owner, and felt just as satisfied with that as well!

Sent on 10/27/2018
    The Perry House 6

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you, Sandi, for the lovely review. We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience at The Perry House! You were so nice to help Shara & Frank plan their big day; they are lucky to have you :). Thank you for trusting us with the most important day of your daughter's life! We wish you all the best. ~ Amanda & Team

Kyle · Married on 09/14/2018

Simply Outstanding

My wife and I had been searching several venues that would bring to life the experience we wanted to share with our families and friends. Not one compared to the welcoming, personal, and dedicated Perry House team. We felt they took the time to share in a discussion to build a memorable night. It made the planning process enjoyable and the results were amazing. We highly recommend this team and other vendors that worked with us to anyone wishing to enjoy the prelude to their happily ever after.

Sent on 11/12/2018

The Perry House's reply:

We were so honored to be a part of your special day. Thank you for being so wonderful throughout the planning process. Makes what we do so rewarding! We really appreciate your sincere review and wish you and Cassie a lifetime of happiness! ~ Amanda Hope & Team.

kristal · Married on 08/11/2018

Over-delivered for our wedding

We had our wedding in August 2018 and Susan and the Perry House team gave us exceptional quality in an intimate not-your-average-ballroom venue that our guests loved! We couldn't have asked for a better place!

Sent on 12/17/2018

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you for your kind review and letting us know you were happy with your wedding day at The Perry House! We loved your personal touches that brought a bit of Hawaii to Monterey. It was our pleasure to host your day and we wish you all the best! ~ Susan and The Perry House Team

Leigh Corullo · Married on 07/13/2018

Perfect Venue for the Easy Going Bride

The Perry House is already stunning so no need to fuss over decor. The staff is extremely helpful, selecting our food was a fun experience and overall using the Perry House made everything so easy for me (the bride) I wouldn't think twice about recommending - use them! Guests had space to roam yet it felt intimate. The two bars made it so there was never a line. I originally thought the dance floor was a little small but once everyone was in there and the DJ was going there was more than enough room for everyone to shimmy the night away.

Sent on 10/27/2018
    The Perry House 7
    The Perry House 8
    The Perry House 9

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Leigh; we really appreciate your taking the time to tell others about your experience! It was a pleasure being a part of yours and Joe's big day, and we wish you all the happiness in the world! ~ Amanda & Team

Katie · Married on 04/27/2018

The Perry House was an absolutely amazing place to have a wedding. We worked with Rosie and she responded to emails quickly and answered all my questions. My wedding ended up being 78 people and the Perry House was the perfect setting for this number of people. The venue is absolutely beautiful. We had our wedding in April and lucked out with a beautiful sunny day. We used space heaters at night, but everyone was very comfortable. The FOOD is SO GOOD!!. My friends and family always have known me for my LOVE of pizza and they offer that as well as many other options! Everyone that I spoke to after the wedding raved about the food and the quality of service they received from the staff. In addition, this place has beautiful views!! I could not have been happier with our experience at the Perry House. This was a destination wedding for me and all of my guests and the Perry House had a list of recommended vendors that I could use and really made this experience easy, which is greatly appreciated when you are planning from far away!! Thank you to everyone at the Perry House!

Sent on 05/22/2018

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to convey your experience with The Perry House. It was our pleasure making the planning process as seamless as possible for you. We are also thrilled that everyone enjoyed the food & service. Thank you again Katie, wishing you all the best. ~ Rosie and Team

Kellie · Married on 03/30/2018

The Perry House literally made everything so incredibly easy! I started working with Hana, and about halfway until my wedding she actually moved, and I was given to a new coordinator, Victoria. Initially, I was a little worried, but I had absolutely no need to be! Victoria was amazingly communicative, and made our wedding planning process so easy! Patricia was our captain the day of the wedding, and she was so incredibly accommodating--she even made sure to hunt us down while we were taking pictures, and brought us snacks! I could not have had a better experience on our wedding day! I highly recommend everything about the Perry House--they were fantastic!

The Perry House 10

Sara · Married on 10/22/2017

I cannot express how highly I recommend The Perry House!!! I first visited the Perry House when I worked for an event company in Monterey. I fell in love with the charm of it instantly, as well as its view of the bay. Working with the owners and staff was always enjoyable, and their food is incredible! When it was my turn to get married, my husband and I both wanted to have our wedding there. However, the number of people it holds, and the number of guests our families wanted us to invite did not match up. After deciding on a larger venue closer to our hometown in Sacramento, our guest count shrank, and mother nature struck! A wildfire broke out a couple of miles from our venue the week of our wedding. I contacted The Perry House to see if there was any chance they could host us, if the fire moved closer to the venue. Not only did they provide me with incredible service, they had a proposal to me by the end of day and had even done what they could to meet my original budget! Luckily, the fire was put out in time and I was able to go with Plan A. However, I am sure I would have been pleased with my wedding, had it been at The Perry House! Thank you Perry House and team! You really helped calm my nerves during a stressful time!

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

We had our wedding on 10/21/17 at the Perry House. It was the perfect venue. I knew the first time we visited that it was my dream venue. The house is a gorgeous spot for a party, with beautiful balconies, a view of the ocean, and big beautiful rooms inside. The string lights and outdoor fireplace at night made it feel so cozy and warm. I love all the different "nooks" and hangout areas at the venue. We planned the wedding to be 6 months after the arrival of our baby so we knew we'd have our hands full and wanted a "one stop shop" venue that would handle food, alcohol, servers, linens, etc. I didn't want to deal with small details and, thankfully, I didn't have to!

As for the staff: Susan (our designated planner/captain) was a pleasure to work with, all along. She answered millions of random questions from me. The staff was awesome at the wedding. They kept magically appearing next to me and offering me a drink, apps, or a plate of food.

As for decor: I fretted a lot about whether to do flowers or other special centerpieces and ultimately decided not to. We used the Perry House's standard/default (free) centerpieces and put the bridesmaids' bouquets in them. Other than that and the string lights, we had ZERO decorations. And it was perfect! I wish (in hindsight) I hadn't worried about it so much. You really don't need to worry about decorations at a place like this.

Food: we did the "City Lights" roaming dinner option (with grill station and pasta station). Everyone raved about the food. It was plentiful and delicious. We had many vegetarians and they were all happy.

Our wedding was perfect. Everything went smoothly. I loved every minute of it and attribute that largely to the Perry House and its staff. I would VERY HAPPILY do it all again.

Megan · Married on 07/03/2017

We LOVED The Perry House! From the initial question and answer phase before signing our contract all the way through our wedding day, The Perry House venue and staff exceeded our expectations. The venue? Historic, intimate, and charming (you don't even need many decorations because of the charm and already present plants/flowers). The food? Delicious! The drinks? Scrumptious (the bartenders even made our signature drink from a recipe we provided!). The staff? Professional, responsive, and caring. My new wife and I would be remiss if we did not also give a huge shout-out to Richard, the coordinator assigned to us. He was amazing-- his professionalism, organization, coordination, hard work, creativity, and easy-going nature! Our wedding day at The Perry House was magical! Richard and his team worked flawlessly to make sure our big day was so special and stress-free. All of our guests keep commenting on how wonderful the wedding day was, in large part because of how amazing The Perry House venue and team was! Stop looking and book this venue...you will not regret it! P.S. We had several guests with food allergies, and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate our guests' needs (for example, making extra gluten-free appetizers, preparing an entire separate entree on the spot, etc).

Melanie · Married on 07/01/2017

We absolutely loved the Perry House! We just got married last weekend and we had to write a review before jetting off to the honeymoon.

The Perry House was a dream wedding spot. Let me enumerate the ways in which it is perfect... The house itself is beautiful and it is nearby the wharf, which makes for stunning sunset shots. I walked down the staircase and it made for such a special entrance. The backyard feels intimate and personal and was transformed into a beautiful reception area, including a sweetheart table underneath a flower-laden arch. Then, we had dancing in the captain's room. Everyone was already standing to watch the first dance, so we had tons of dancing right from the get-go. The guests made great use of the house-- exploring the outdoor area with the fire pit and going upstairs. We thought it was a great size for our 105 guests-- full of fun but not cramped. We used their tv screen to play a slideshow of our baby photos. The food was delicious!!! And Richard was so easy to work with. My husband and I are both phd students, so we didn't have much time to plan, but Richard was extremely responsive and always willing to work with us when we could find time which really streamlined the planning process. Overall, the experience was unique because it was both intimate and vast due to the variety of what the Perry House had to offer.

Marely · Married on 06/24/2017

This venue is perfection! We started planning over a year out and this was the first and ONLY venue we looked at. From beginning to end, every part was smooth and stress free. The location is beautiful and the three leveled building allows for more exploration versus a standard hall or ballroom which really took the cake. The food was the best food I've ever had and guests were very surprised by all the flavor! Every person from vegetarians to meat eaters were delighted with the varying selections and kept getting up for more. The chef-manned stations were new to most of our guests and added to the entire experience. The staff made sure that my husband and I ate and always had a drink on hand. They constantly checked in on us and made sure we were taken care of. Set up and break down was speedy and stress free to us. There were many stories told to us later of hiccups throughout the night and how the staff handled them so quickly and smoothly. We couldn't be more happy with our experience. Thank you to the entire staff!

--I would add photos but they are too big to add. Sorry!

Amanda · Married on 04/09/2017

Our wedding at The Perry House was everything we wanted it to be. The venue is beautiful and classy, and was really an ideal setting for our garden brunch wedding. We held both the ceremony and reception on site and the day was perfect. The staff at The Perry House, including our coordinator Susan, were very helpful and responsive throughout the planning process. The day was executed beautifully (and they even ordered perfect weather). The quality of food was great, and there were so many compliments from our guests. The value for the location was very good - and there were lots of options to make things work within various budgets. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/29/2017

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda for sharing your experience with the Perry House!
    So glad it was a perfect day and we wish you many more perfect days in the coming years!!

Rachel · Married on 10/22/2016

As an event planner myself, I know what quality service is and The Perry House is simply phenomenal. Richard was a delight to work with answering every question I asked, and trust me there were a lot! They made every wedding dream I had come true!! They are extremely flexible and helped with each and every extra accommodation I asked for from coming in early to drop off our dresses to even having a special drink for one relative. The food, service, location, everything is exceptional at The Perry House. We can't wait to have another event there soon!

Sent on 11/01/2016

The Perry House's reply:

It was wonderful to work with you and such a treat for all of us to be a part of this wonderful event! Thank you, Richard

Hiam · Married on 10/15/2016

I highly recommend this place. Richard and the staff are extremely professional, flexible, and customer-oriented. We reserved the Perry house for a rehearsal dinner. We had so many out-of-town guests who were pleased with the venue, the food, and the service.

Sent on 11/19/2016

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was so much fun working on your son’s rehearsal dinner. -- Richard

Colin and Kadee · Married on 10/09/2016

We loved our Perry House wedding and loved working with Susan! My husband and I wanted a relaxed, dinner party atmosphere, where we could mingle with our friends and family, and the Perry House delivered above and beyond what we had hoped for. Almost 6 months later, our families and friends still talk about our wedding and about how it was one of the most fun weddings they've been to.

One of the priorities for us was to have a relaxed enjoyable wedding where we didn't have to plan and decorate everything. The Perry House is a wonderful place for a reception. It's beautiful, with so many gorgeous details that not only reminded us of the Victorians in SF where we live, but made it feel comfortable and homey. Because it has so much natural beauty, we didn't have to do much at all in the way of decor. We choose a few colors of their standard linens, used their included centerpieces, and added a few touches and it looked AMAZING. The food was unbelievable. One of the hardest things was choosing the menu, just because there were so many delicious options. We loved the option of food stations instead of a traditional seated meal, allowing everyone to mix as they pleased.

Susan, our event captain, went above and beyond in helping us put the event together. She answered all of our questions as we figured out what we would need, and made great recommendations based off her experience. She was there to guide us through the process from the beginning, and went over all the little details as we put our event together. She served as our day of coordinator as well, and was a huge help in making sure everything went smoothly so we could just have a great time. I was so amazed how she took the few small boxes of decor we had given her the day before, and integrated them into the Perry House to make it look so beautiful, but also feel so much like home. The Perry House made our wedding day beautiful, fun, and simple, so we could enjoy the best day of our lives.

Sent on 03/18/2017

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you Colin & Kadee! It was such a pleasure to help make this day all you hoped for! Wishing you all the best.

Max · Married on 07/11/2016

It took us awhile to finally find this place, but for our 45 person wedding this venue was everything we needed. This venue is quaint, elegant, and the food is great as well. Events by Classic and Richard were so helpful in the planning phase of our rapidly put-together wedding. We planned our wedding remote from Los Angeles and the whole time Richard showed poise, class, and helpfulness that really stopped us from stressing out about not being at the venue planning everything all weekend like some couples like to do.

The wedding day, we had ceremony and reception there and it was perfect. The beautiful downstairs lawn area is as picturesque as Lover's Point, without the parking headache. The venue itself needs very little decoration, and even provides the bride with a suite on the second floor for all the bridesmaids to prepare in.

The other secret gem of this venue is the event captain who's sole job is to ensure the party goes smoothly. They sit in the background, anticipate problems, and executes the exact actions with the other crew. I wish I could have paid my event captain more, she made me feel special on my wedding day (which is saying something).

The roaming meals is perfect for the venue - and the food is fantastic! (The City Lights Package is perfect btw unless you really need that much more food). Between the open bar and City Lights package, we were totally covered.

I will always cherish my memories and the time I had at the Perry House.

Sent on 07/26/2016

The Perry House's reply:

It was great working with you and helping put everything together in such a quick time frame. I wish you all the best! -- Richard

Ellie · Married on 07/02/2016

This is a great wedding venue. The staff provided amazing service, were very willing to meet our every need. The food is fabulous, the surroundings are beautiful, and so much is included that it is a great value!!

Our Event Planner, Susan, was the best! She answered every question, communicated promptly and thoroughly, and represents The Perry House well. Grace, the Captain, and every staff member did their very best during the whole event. We, as well as our guests, were overwhelmed with the whole experience! The Grill Station and Pizza Station food were outstanding! Everyone helped make the Bride and Groom's dream come true!

Sent on 04/15/2016

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! It was a pleasure to be of service and we are so happy that your dream wedding became a reality!

Lindsey · Married on 12/31/2015

The Perry House was AMAZING for our wedding ceremony and reception! We loved everything about our day. The food was phenomenal, the venue was clean and beautiful, the staff were exceptional and really helped make our day flawless. Erin was our coordinator and she is super friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I even had friends asking how we could go back and do that again because it was so fun and such good food! Thank you for making our day so special!

Alice · Married on 11/06/2015

First of all, the place was gorgeous. It was a beautiful night and we only needed nice tablecloths and string lights to complete the venue. The venue has so much character that it doesn't need a lot of dressing up. Erin Wareham was wonderful as our wedding planning. She was pleasant, accommodating and very professional attending to our needs. The guests loved the staff, food and venue.

We enjoyed the roaming styling reception which provided plenty of food and guests were able to move around while they ate.

My only complaint the night went tooo fast, I didn't get a chance to soak it in.

Many thanks to the staff on the perry house.

Sent on 11/22/2015

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you for selecting The Perry House for your Wedding Day! We truly enjoyed serving you, your family, and friends. Cheers to you! (We love your great taste in wine)!

Natalie · Married on 10/24/2015

We had our wedding and reception at the Perry House. It was the first (and ONLY) venue we looked at when planning our wedding. After visiting and getting a tour from Susan (who is wonderful!!), we couldn't imagine getting married anywhere else. The house and garden are absolutely beautiful. We didn't need too many decorations either because the details inside the house and the lights and flowers outside are enough. The staff at the Perry House are so helpful and accommodating. I did not have a single worry on the wedding day. Our event coordinator was Susan. She helped us with every detail from start to finish. She always answered my e-mails quickly and was so patient with me. Oh, and I cannot forget to mention that the food here is AWESOME! We received so many compliments on how great the food tasted and how beautiful the wedding was. I wish I could have a party at the Perry House every month!

The best decision of our newly married lives!!

Amazing!! Everything with Events by Classic is truly AMAZING!

I fell in love with the Perry House the moment I stepped onto the front porch. There is something very magical about this event space. The home is electric and filled with love. Our guests felt this same electricity on our wedding day and we are continuing to get comments from our loved ones stating that this was the best wedding they have ever attended!

The beauty of the home sells itself but what you can't see in pictures is that there is a phenomenal staff that accompanies this space. From our first visit to the property we were met with kindness, generosity and pride. We toured with the owner who happened to be there personally tending to the property, WOW! We had the great fortune of working with Richard Wood as our event manager. Richard is a true professional and worked with us on every single request we had, he is the BEST!! We were assigned Grace as our personal overseer on our big day. Grace was a true GEM! My husband and I both agree we couldn't imagine our day without her.

Then there is the food!!! Our guests are still raving about the food. The food is devine! The presentation is elegant and our guests loved the roaming reception. This was new to us and we had hesitation but again Events by Classic knows how to entertain and this style of service added so much freedom and fun to our night.

I know this is long but know I could go on for forever because this place is truly AMAZING! Let this be the last review you read and book them today!!

Thank you so much for being a part of our Happily Ever After!!

In the days and weeks after our wedding, our guests were still commenting on how much they loved the Perry House. “The food was amazing! And it was hot all through dinner” “I feel like I’m in someone’s house, it’s awesome” “The bartenders were really being generous” “The venue was totally someplace I would have picked” “Your day of coordinator was really on it. Everyone was so cheerful and nice”
    Getting ready for the big day, I was able to send countless questions to Erin, our event manager and peace of mind coordinator. She was happy to meet with me to do in person planning and she did everything with genuine happiness and a comforting smile. I worried about nothing on our wedding day and trusted that everything would just work- our wedding reception was perfect.
    I recommend the Perry House, hands down, for anyone planning their wedding. The staff knows weddings inside and out and this is all they do so there’s no room for error because of the staff being distracted. The grounds are beautiful, the bartenders are fantastic, the pizza ovens and firepits are a unique touch and, because there’s so much to the house, your guests will never get bored. This is not your typical wedding venue, and everyone we love loved it!

Jeremy · Married on 08/09/2015

If we can give you one piece of advice in planning your wedding it is this: choose the Perry House (and Events by Classic Catering) and do not look back. Susan was extremely helpful throughout the entire process which really put our minds at ease. In the last few months leading up to our big day, Susan helped us iron out all the details from venue provided linen colors, to general setup of the venue, food choices, etc. Susan was also extremely flexible in how we were to do the event; for example, instead of a DJ, my Wife and I set up playlists for different portions of the event on an iPad and then simply hooked it up to the venue’s sound system. About two months before our wedding, we were invited to the Perry House for a food tasting to allow us to try a sampling of their small plates. Going in, we thought we had already picked out our menu - after trying the sampled food, we were dumbstruck; every bite was truly amazing and it was clear we needed to make a few adjustments to our menu. The day of our wedding, the Perry House staff were amazingly professional and helpful; you can tell that they truly care about making your wedding a flawless event (they reserved a plate of the hors d’oeuvres for my Wife and I to enjoy in our spare moments of free time). Having provided our own cake, cupcakes, and cookies, they arranged them beautifully and provided signage directing the guests to wait until after dinner had been served. Since our wedding, every single guest that we have spoken with has raved about how good the food and the overall event was; more than one person has come to tell us it’s “the best wedding I’ve ever been to” - this would not have been possible without the wonderful and complete service of The Perry House. When you hire Events by Classic Catering at the Perry House as the venue for your wedding, rest easy knowing that you are in good hands and know that you’re in for one hell of a wedding.