The Perry House Reviews

The Perry House 4
The Perry House 5

Lisette Bryant · Married on 06/01/2019

Gorgeous Venue

Our guests couldn't stop giving us compliments at the Perry house, the food was phenomenal. The service was great. Very attentive. Everything went off without a hitch. I highly recommend this venue

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Andrew

Andrew P Kessler · Married on 05/11/2019

Beautiful location, perfect day

We are so happy that we had our wedding at the Perry House!

When we visited, we were impressed by the venue’s location and how nice the space already looked, without any extra decorations (a huge plus). And as the planning process moved along, our event planner Amanda made us feel like we were in excellent hands.

The PH put together a delicious menu that accommodated the various dietary restrictions we had (vegetarian bride, guest with gluten allergy, nut allergies, shellfish allergies…). We had multiple people tell us after the fact how tasty the food was. (Which we can confirm, because the PH staff made sure we got our food first, and actually got to sit down and eat!)

One of the other reasons we chose PH was the flexibility of the space. We didn’t need to worry about having too many (or too few) people RSVP “yes”, as the PH could accommodate up to twice our expected party size. We ended up with 68 guests which felt like a comfortable amount for the space.

The many different “spaces” throughout the venue were also very appealing to us-- we wanted to make sure that people who wanted to talk and catch up could do so without having to shout over the music, and the people who wanted to dance all night could do that too.

Overall, we are incredibly pleased with our decision to go with the PH, and that Amanda was there to walk us through the process. Thanks to everyone on staff at our event for making our wedding day perfect!

The Perry House 6
    The Perry House 7
    The Perry House 8
    The Perry House 9
    The Perry House 10
    The Perry House 11
    Sent on 06/24/2019

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you for your nice review. It was an absolute pleasure working with the two of you! We are so honored be a part of your incredibly gorgeous day. Wishing you a lifetime of love, joy and happiness! ~Amanda Hope

Courtney · Married on 10/12/2018

Highly Recommend This Venue

My now-husband and I were trying to find the perfect place to hold our reception in Monterey when we stumbled upon The Perry House. We immediately felt comfortable and welcomed when we met with the wedding planner and staff and as soon as we toured the venue, we knew that it matched our quirky, laid-back style. Everyone on staff was great to work with, and the food was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Sandi · Married on 09/22/2018

Fabulous Wedding at Perry House

My daughter and groom picked out Perry House out of many options, and we all just couldn't be happier. Everything was perfect. The venue, with it's beautiful garden area for the ceremony and the dinner, the enchanting House itself, with its charming rooms, and the staff and food were all incredible. Our Event Manager, Amanda, was patient with us throughout the process, and so helpful right till the end. Since the bride and groom live in SF, and I am out of state and only actually came to the venue once, before the wedding, it was such a relief to have Amanda help with so many of the details.
    We decorated the beautiful Arbor, that is on site, for the Chupa, and they chose to later hang a delicate chandelier over their table, under the chupa, and it was enchanting.

We served numerous hors d'oeuvres, passed and stationery, and then had a grill station for the salmon, and even used their on site pizza oven for one of the courses. The food was fabulous! And we even had our Rehearsal Dinner at the Gatherings, also owed by the same owner, and felt just as satisfied with that as well!

The Perry House 12
    Sent on 10/16/2018

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you, Sandi, for the lovely review. We really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience at The Perry House! You were so nice to help Shara & Frank plan their big day; they are lucky to have you :). Thank you for trusting us with the most important day of your daughter's life! We wish you all the best. ~ Amanda & Team

Kyle · Married on 09/14/2018

Simply Outstanding

My wife and I had been searching several venues that would bring to life the experience we wanted to share with our families and friends. Not one compared to the welcoming, personal, and dedicated Perry House team. We felt they took the time to share in a discussion to build a memorable night. It made the planning process enjoyable and the results were amazing. We highly recommend this team and other vendors that worked with us to anyone wishing to enjoy the prelude to their happily ever after.

Sent on 11/04/2018

The Perry House's reply:

We were so honored to be a part of your special day. Thank you for being so wonderful throughout the planning process. Makes what we do so rewarding! We really appreciate your sincere review and wish you and Cassie a lifetime of happiness! ~ Amanda Hope & Team.

kristal · Married on 08/11/2018

Over-delivered for our wedding

We had our wedding in August 2018 and Susan and the Perry House team gave us exceptional quality in an intimate not-your-average-ballroom venue that our guests loved! We couldn't have asked for a better place!

Sent on 11/20/2018

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you for your kind review and letting us know you were happy with your wedding day at The Perry House! We loved your personal touches that brought a bit of Hawaii to Monterey. It was our pleasure to host your day and we wish you all the best! ~ Susan and The Perry House Team
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 07/28/2018

The Perry House beyond exceeded our expectations!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at The Perry House July 2018 and I honestly can’t say enough good things about it. The whole day felt like it was a dream and not our actual wedding! We planned the wedding from Omaha while in professional/graduate school and Susan made everything as easy as can be. Every single detail was covered, and then some! The food was phenomenal- our guests are still raving about the food! My parents tried to recreate our wedding meal at home because it was so divine. We have so many nieces and nephews and the kids had an absolute blast. The kids meals were also to die for. One of my nephews is a very picky eater and it was the sweetest thing seeing one of the servers ask him if there’s anything at all she can get for him that he would like better than his meal. Their attention to detail cannot be matched. They work so well together and we’re BEYOND accommodating. Everything came together without a hitch. Every tiny detail was perfectly set up like a fairytale when we arrived after the ceremony which was offsite. Both of our families are still raving about it saying it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. I’m biased, but I agree! Thank you, to everyone at The Perry House, and especially Susan for giving us the best memories in the world!! We couldn’t say one negative thing about them if we tried. It was worth every penny to have our wedding at The Perry House!

The Perry House 13
    The Perry House 14
    The Perry House 15
    Sent on 05/12/2019

Leigh Corullo · Married on 07/13/2018

Perfect Venue for the Easy Going Bride

The Perry House is already stunning so no need to fuss over decor. The staff is extremely helpful, selecting our food was a fun experience and overall using the Perry House made everything so easy for me (the bride) I wouldn't think twice about recommending - use them! Guests had space to roam yet it felt intimate. The two bars made it so there was never a line. I originally thought the dance floor was a little small but once everyone was in there and the DJ was going there was more than enough room for everyone to shimmy the night away.

The Perry House 16
    The Perry House 17
    The Perry House 18
    Sent on 10/16/2018

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, Leigh; we really appreciate your taking the time to tell others about your experience! It was a pleasure being a part of yours and Joe's big day, and we wish you all the happiness in the world! ~ Amanda & Team

Katie · Married on 04/27/2018

The Perry House was an absolutely amazing place to have a wedding. We worked with Rosie and she responded to emails quickly and answered all my questions. My wedding ended up being 78 people and the Perry House was the perfect setting for this number of people. The venue is absolutely beautiful. We had our wedding in April and lucked out with a beautiful sunny day. We used space heaters at night, but everyone was very comfortable. The FOOD is SO GOOD!!. My friends and family always have known me for my LOVE of pizza and they offer that as well as many other options! Everyone that I spoke to after the wedding raved about the food and the quality of service they received from the staff. In addition, this place has beautiful views!! I could not have been happier with our experience at the Perry House. This was a destination wedding for me and all of my guests and the Perry House had a list of recommended vendors that I could use and really made this experience easy, which is greatly appreciated when you are planning from far away!! Thank you to everyone at the Perry House!

Sent on 05/22/2018

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to convey your experience with The Perry House. It was our pleasure making the planning process as seamless as possible for you. We are also thrilled that everyone enjoyed the food & service. Thank you again Katie, wishing you all the best. ~ Rosie and Team
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/05/2018

perfect location, staff, food, views & day!

My fiancé and I had originally booked another venue for our wedding but had scheduled a tasting for our food at the Perry House. Right after walking in, we fell in love. The entire venue is so charming and we knew it would be perfect for our guests. The view of the bay from the balcony is the cherry on top! Well, we actually ended up switching our venue to the Perry House and it was the best decision we made in the planning process. We are from the midwest so it was a destination wedding for us and Rosie was incredible throughout the whole process- kindly answering all of my (many) emails, working with me on food allergies for our guests, decor suggestions, ETC. We were treated amazingly and they were so accommodating. We also worked with Beverly who coordinated all of our ceremony and a million other little things and we were so impressed by her as well! Every single staff member at the Perry House is so kind, professional and made our experience so amazing. Coming in from out of town, they helped me so much in setting up all of my decor and so much more, I can't imagine what I would have done if they hadn't been so helpful. It's been over a week and we are still receiving compliments on how great all of the staff was, and that it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. Our signature drinks were a huuuge hit as well! My fiancé and I work in the wedding industry so we have seen it all and I can truly say that this was the best service we've seen at a venue! It was the best day ever and it wouldn't have been possible without them. We couldn't recommend the Perry House more.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Kellie · Married on 03/30/2018

The Perry House literally made everything so incredibly easy! I started working with Hana, and about halfway until my wedding she actually moved, and I was given to a new coordinator, Victoria. Initially, I was a little worried, but I had absolutely no need to be! Victoria was amazingly communicative, and made our wedding planning process so easy! Patricia was our captain the day of the wedding, and she was so incredibly accommodating--she even made sure to hunt us down while we were taking pictures, and brought us snacks! I could not have had a better experience on our wedding day! I highly recommend everything about the Perry House--they were fantastic!

The Perry House 19
    Sent on 04/06/2018

Sara · Married on 10/22/2017

I cannot express how highly I recommend The Perry House!!! I first visited the Perry House when I worked for an event company in Monterey. I fell in love with the charm of it instantly, as well as its view of the bay. Working with the owners and staff was always enjoyable, and their food is incredible! When it was my turn to get married, my husband and I both wanted to have our wedding there. However, the number of people it holds, and the number of guests our families wanted us to invite did not match up. After deciding on a larger venue closer to our hometown in Sacramento, our guest count shrank, and mother nature struck! A wildfire broke out a couple of miles from our venue the week of our wedding. I contacted The Perry House to see if there was any chance they could host us, if the fire moved closer to the venue. Not only did they provide me with incredible service, they had a proposal to me by the end of day and had even done what they could to meet my original budget! Luckily, the fire was put out in time and I was able to go with Plan A. However, I am sure I would have been pleased with my wedding, had it been at The Perry House! Thank you Perry House and team! You really helped calm my nerves during a stressful time!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

We had our wedding on 10/21/17 at the Perry House. It was the perfect venue. I knew the first time we visited that it was my dream venue. The house is a gorgeous spot for a party, with beautiful balconies, a view of the ocean, and big beautiful rooms inside. The string lights and outdoor fireplace at night made it feel so cozy and warm. I love all the different "nooks" and hangout areas at the venue. We planned the wedding to be 6 months after the arrival of our baby so we knew we'd have our hands full and wanted a "one stop shop" venue that would handle food, alcohol, servers, linens, etc. I didn't want to deal with small details and, thankfully, I didn't have to!

As for the staff: Susan (our designated planner/captain) was a pleasure to work with, all along. She answered millions of random questions from me. The staff was awesome at the wedding. They kept magically appearing next to me and offering me a drink, apps, or a plate of food.

As for decor: I fretted a lot about whether to do flowers or other special centerpieces and ultimately decided not to. We used the Perry House's standard/default (free) centerpieces and put the bridesmaids' bouquets in them. Other than that and the string lights, we had ZERO decorations. And it was perfect! I wish (in hindsight) I hadn't worried about it so much. You really don't need to worry about decorations at a place like this.

Food: we did the "City Lights" roaming dinner option (with grill station and pasta station). Everyone raved about the food. It was plentiful and delicious. We had many vegetarians and they were all happy.

Our wedding was perfect. Everything went smoothly. I loved every minute of it and attribute that largely to the Perry House and its staff. I would VERY HAPPILY do it all again.

Sent on 11/11/2017

Megan · Married on 07/03/2017

We LOVED The Perry House! From the initial question and answer phase before signing our contract all the way through our wedding day, The Perry House venue and staff exceeded our expectations. The venue? Historic, intimate, and charming (you don't even need many decorations because of the charm and already present plants/flowers). The food? Delicious! The drinks? Scrumptious (the bartenders even made our signature drink from a recipe we provided!). The staff? Professional, responsive, and caring. My new wife and I would be remiss if we did not also give a huge shout-out to Richard, the coordinator assigned to us. He was amazing-- his professionalism, organization, coordination, hard work, creativity, and easy-going nature! Our wedding day at The Perry House was magical! Richard and his team worked flawlessly to make sure our big day was so special and stress-free. All of our guests keep commenting on how wonderful the wedding day was, in large part because of how amazing The Perry House venue and team was! Stop looking and book this venue...you will not regret it! P.S. We had several guests with food allergies, and the staff went above and beyond to accommodate our guests' needs (for example, making extra gluten-free appetizers, preparing an entire separate entree on the spot, etc).

Sent on 07/06/2017

Melanie · Married on 07/01/2017

We absolutely loved the Perry House! We just got married last weekend and we had to write a review before jetting off to the honeymoon.

The Perry House was a dream wedding spot. Let me enumerate the ways in which it is perfect... The house itself is beautiful and it is nearby the wharf, which makes for stunning sunset shots. I walked down the staircase and it made for such a special entrance. The backyard feels intimate and personal and was transformed into a beautiful reception area, including a sweetheart table underneath a flower-laden arch. Then, we had dancing in the captain's room. Everyone was already standing to watch the first dance, so we had tons of dancing right from the get-go. The guests made great use of the house-- exploring the outdoor area with the fire pit and going upstairs. We thought it was a great size for our 105 guests-- full of fun but not cramped. We used their tv screen to play a slideshow of our baby photos. The food was delicious!!! And Richard was so easy to work with. My husband and I are both phd students, so we didn't have much time to plan, but Richard was extremely responsive and always willing to work with us when we could find time which really streamlined the planning process. Overall, the experience was unique because it was both intimate and vast due to the variety of what the Perry House had to offer.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Marely · Married on 06/24/2017

This venue is perfection! We started planning over a year out and this was the first and ONLY venue we looked at. From beginning to end, every part was smooth and stress free. The location is beautiful and the three leveled building allows for more exploration versus a standard hall or ballroom which really took the cake. The food was the best food I've ever had and guests were very surprised by all the flavor! Every person from vegetarians to meat eaters were delighted with the varying selections and kept getting up for more. The chef-manned stations were new to most of our guests and added to the entire experience. The staff made sure that my husband and I ate and always had a drink on hand. They constantly checked in on us and made sure we were taken care of. Set up and break down was speedy and stress free to us. There were many stories told to us later of hiccups throughout the night and how the staff handled them so quickly and smoothly. We couldn't be more happy with our experience. Thank you to the entire staff!

--I would add photos but they are too big to add. Sorry!

Sent on 11/22/2017

Amanda · Married on 04/09/2017

Our wedding at The Perry House was everything we wanted it to be. The venue is beautiful and classy, and was really an ideal setting for our garden brunch wedding. We held both the ceremony and reception on site and the day was perfect. The staff at The Perry House, including our coordinator Susan, were very helpful and responsive throughout the planning process. The day was executed beautifully (and they even ordered perfect weather). The quality of food was great, and there were so many compliments from our guests. The value for the location was very good - and there were lots of options to make things work within various budgets. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/29/2017

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda for sharing your experience with the Perry House!
    So glad it was a perfect day and we wish you many more perfect days in the coming years!!

Rachel · Married on 10/22/2016

As an event planner myself, I know what quality service is and The Perry House is simply phenomenal. Richard was a delight to work with answering every question I asked, and trust me there were a lot! They made every wedding dream I had come true!! They are extremely flexible and helped with each and every extra accommodation I asked for from coming in early to drop off our dresses to even having a special drink for one relative. The food, service, location, everything is exceptional at The Perry House. We can't wait to have another event there soon!

Sent on 11/01/2016

The Perry House's reply:

It was wonderful to work with you and such a treat for all of us to be a part of this wonderful event! Thank you, Richard

Hiam · Married on 10/15/2016

I highly recommend this place. Richard and the staff are extremely professional, flexible, and customer-oriented. We reserved the Perry house for a rehearsal dinner. We had so many out-of-town guests who were pleased with the venue, the food, and the service.

Sent on 11/19/2016

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words. It was so much fun working on your son’s rehearsal dinner. -- Richard

Colin and Kadee · Married on 10/09/2016

We loved our Perry House wedding and loved working with Susan! My husband and I wanted a relaxed, dinner party atmosphere, where we could mingle with our friends and family, and the Perry House delivered above and beyond what we had hoped for. Almost 6 months later, our families and friends still talk about our wedding and about how it was one of the most fun weddings they've been to.

One of the priorities for us was to have a relaxed enjoyable wedding where we didn't have to plan and decorate everything. The Perry House is a wonderful place for a reception. It's beautiful, with so many gorgeous details that not only reminded us of the Victorians in SF where we live, but made it feel comfortable and homey. Because it has so much natural beauty, we didn't have to do much at all in the way of decor. We choose a few colors of their standard linens, used their included centerpieces, and added a few touches and it looked AMAZING. The food was unbelievable. One of the hardest things was choosing the menu, just because there were so many delicious options. We loved the option of food stations instead of a traditional seated meal, allowing everyone to mix as they pleased.

Susan, our event captain, went above and beyond in helping us put the event together. She answered all of our questions as we figured out what we would need, and made great recommendations based off her experience. She was there to guide us through the process from the beginning, and went over all the little details as we put our event together. She served as our day of coordinator as well, and was a huge help in making sure everything went smoothly so we could just have a great time. I was so amazed how she took the few small boxes of decor we had given her the day before, and integrated them into the Perry House to make it look so beautiful, but also feel so much like home. The Perry House made our wedding day beautiful, fun, and simple, so we could enjoy the best day of our lives.

Sent on 03/18/2017

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you Colin & Kadee! It was such a pleasure to help make this day all you hoped for! Wishing you all the best.

Max · Married on 07/11/2016

It took us awhile to finally find this place, but for our 45 person wedding this venue was everything we needed. This venue is quaint, elegant, and the food is great as well. Events by Classic and Richard were so helpful in the planning phase of our rapidly put-together wedding. We planned our wedding remote from Los Angeles and the whole time Richard showed poise, class, and helpfulness that really stopped us from stressing out about not being at the venue planning everything all weekend like some couples like to do.

The wedding day, we had ceremony and reception there and it was perfect. The beautiful downstairs lawn area is as picturesque as Lover's Point, without the parking headache. The venue itself needs very little decoration, and even provides the bride with a suite on the second floor for all the bridesmaids to prepare in.

The other secret gem of this venue is the event captain who's sole job is to ensure the party goes smoothly. They sit in the background, anticipate problems, and executes the exact actions with the other crew. I wish I could have paid my event captain more, she made me feel special on my wedding day (which is saying something).

The roaming meals is perfect for the venue - and the food is fantastic! (The City Lights Package is perfect btw unless you really need that much more food). Between the open bar and City Lights package, we were totally covered.

I will always cherish my memories and the time I had at the Perry House.

Sent on 07/26/2016

The Perry House's reply:

It was great working with you and helping put everything together in such a quick time frame. I wish you all the best! -- Richard

Ellie · Married on 07/02/2016

This is a great wedding venue. The staff provided amazing service, were very willing to meet our every need. The food is fabulous, the surroundings are beautiful, and so much is included that it is a great value!!

Sent on 07/04/2016

Our Event Planner, Susan, was the best! She answered every question, communicated promptly and thoroughly, and represents The Perry House well. Grace, the Captain, and every staff member did their very best during the whole event. We, as well as our guests, were overwhelmed with the whole experience! The Grill Station and Pizza Station food were outstanding! Everyone helped make the Bride and Groom's dream come true!

Sent on 04/15/2016

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind review! It was a pleasure to be of service and we are so happy that your dream wedding became a reality!

Lindsey · Married on 12/31/2015

The Perry House was AMAZING for our wedding ceremony and reception! We loved everything about our day. The food was phenomenal, the venue was clean and beautiful, the staff were exceptional and really helped make our day flawless. Erin was our coordinator and she is super friendly and helpful and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. I even had friends asking how we could go back and do that again because it was so fun and such good food! Thank you for making our day so special!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Alice · Married on 11/06/2015

First of all, the place was gorgeous. It was a beautiful night and we only needed nice tablecloths and string lights to complete the venue. The venue has so much character that it doesn't need a lot of dressing up. Erin Wareham was wonderful as our wedding planning. She was pleasant, accommodating and very professional attending to our needs. The guests loved the staff, food and venue.

We enjoyed the roaming styling reception which provided plenty of food and guests were able to move around while they ate.

My only complaint the night went tooo fast, I didn't get a chance to soak it in.

Many thanks to the staff on the perry house.

Sent on 11/22/2015

The Perry House's reply:

Thank you for selecting The Perry House for your Wedding Day! We truly enjoyed serving you, your family, and friends. Cheers to you! (We love your great taste in wine)!