The Pennsylvanian Reviews

10 | Pittsburgh, PA

10 Reviews for The Pennsylvanian

jill · Married on 06/03/2017

The Pennsylvanian was absolutely gorgeous for my daughter's wedding. We did have to get all the vendors in order for this evening to happen but it was well worth it! The cocktail hour was held outside and the main event was held inside. We had up lighting on all of the columns and added limited curtains around the room. The dance floor was immense! It was a wonderful evening!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Cindy · Married on 08/08/2015

The Pennsylvanian was our daughters dream venue for her wedding reception! It is an amazing beautiful venue! Bob the leasing manager was great to work with. We used Rania's catering and it was outstanding!! We received so many compliments! The rotunda and concourse is truly breathtaking once it is transformed by all the vendors!! Our guests are still talking about how breathtaking the venue and entire reception was! If you want a reception fit for a princess then this is the venue for you!!

Sent on 08/19/2015

Carlie · Married on 04/28/2018

Beautiful wedding reception venue!

The Pennsylvanian is an absolutely beautiful wedding reception venue! The architecture is unlike any other venue, and the outside rotunda is to die for! The staff at the Pennsylvanian was extremely easy and fun to work with and our wedding would not have been what it was without the help of the 2 wedding coordinators! They went above and beyond to make our wedding so special and we are extremely happy with our decision to have our reception at the Pennsylvanian!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Michelle · Married on 11/05/2011

The Pennsylvanian provided a classy, formal venue for my wedding reception. Everyone there was very responsive to my questions and special requests. While you have to abide by their rules, they worked with me throughout the wedding planning process to make sure that everything fell into place. It is an absolutely gorgeous venue!

Sent on 12/22/2011

Overall, my wedding at the Pennsylvanian was absolutely gorgeous. The rotunda and concourse are breathtaking. Rania's catering was outstanding- we received so many compliments. Only a few negatives- the acoustics are really challenging and it was hard to hear the speeches and when the DJ was talking. Also, the venue can get a big pricey since you have to order everything to be brought in. You are also limited as to what vendors you are able to use. Other than that, it was perfect! We received so many compliments on the venue!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Darrell · Married on 05/21/2011

The Pennsylvanian was an amazingly beautiful venue that provided a historic backdrop for our special day. Bob in the leasing office was great to work with. We did run into the same problem as others regarding the sound within the main room. We highly recommend a dj or band who will use speakers around the entire outside of the venue. One major issue we did have was with their only approved lighting vendor - ADS Lighting. We paid nearly $1000 for purple uplighting inside which you could not see (we think the main lighting was left on inside but would think ADS would have known to turn it off) and a monogram outside which unfortunately was set into the window. Andy, the owner of ADS, indicated that when he left it was set on the brick but must have fallen down to the window where no one could see it...this was very disappointing. Overall, we were very happy with the Pennsylvanian and couldn't have imagined a more wonderful venue.

Sent on 06/10/2011
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/08/2007

3.0

The Pennsylvanian is a breathtaking venue for a reception (and wedding) in the city of Pittsburgh. This historical worth is priceless in itself. The rotunda provides for a cocktail hour outside, a ceremony location and a wonderful backdrop for your special day. We hosted our cocktail hour outside. The Grand Concourse has beautiful architecture and an awesome marble floor - perfect for any color or themed event. Kelly Whitmer, our contact for the venue, was probably the most helpful person that I encountered through my wedding planning. If something slipped my mind, she'd send me a reminder e-mail and she was ALWAYS available for questions. She went above and beyond the call of duty when she helped me out with the problems I was having with my entertainment service. She contacted them and cleared all the concerns I had regarding the acoustics in the Grand Concourse. While the pricing for the rental is high - the setting it provides definitely made for an unforgettable event. The only negative aspect I had was the men that were hired to stay for the event for our electrical needs. I didn't see them all evening, until the end when one of them was drinking a beer - while I, in my gown, was loading the leftover alcohol into a vehicle. Ugh. =) Kelly however, a million thumbs up! =)

Sent on 11/15/2007

Barb · Married on 05/21/2016

3.0

Beautiful and unique location for our wedding reception. Actually the atmosphere including the outdoor cocktail hour was top notch...actually amazingly beautiful. I recommend up lighting as it certainly added to the beauty of the room. The venue is very special. It is a little pricey as you need to rent the tables and chairs from an outside vendor. Only negative is the speeches were difficult to hear because of the vaulted ceiling. I recommend you do the speeches early in the outside cocktail area for better sound. However, I will add the beauty of the Pennsylvania overcame the sound challenge.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kate · Married on 06/14/2008

3.4
      2.5
      3.0

The Pennsylvanian is an absolutely gorgeous reception venue! The rotunda was perfect for hors d'ouevres and cocktails and the grand concourse is truly stunning. However, it is important to note that all you are getting is the space. Also, the management company is fairly rigid and sometimes difficult to work with. That said, it is probably the most beautiful indoor reception venue in Pittsburgh and is worth the added hassle.

Sent on 08/26/2008
  • X

xx · Married on 06/11/2011

2.4
      3.5
      0.0
      0.0

We had a wonderful event with many great memories. But we would highly recommend considering other options if you are looking for a venue. The rest room facilities are not very nice, you have very limited options in selecting rentals (so they charge very high fees), the acoustics of the room make the music presentation a challenge (unless you rent extra equipment at a high cost) and there is no place to park. Considering how high the rental fee for this venue is, you might want to carefully consider other options for comparison.

Sent on 07/27/2011