The Onion Pub & Brewery Reviews

The Onion Pub & Brewery 6
The Onion Pub & Brewery 7
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 06/01/2019

Thank you so much, Onion Pub and Brewery!!!!!

We just had our wedding at the Onion Pub, and I could not recommend this venue more. It is so unique and special and was a huge reason why our wedding was so happy and so much fun.

The event coordinator, Jamie, was amazing. We booked the Onion Pub about 16 months before our wedding, and over those 16 months, I probably asked Jamie 1,000 questions. She was always kind, positive, and prompt in her response, and seeing her during our consultations was always a pleasure. She also made some recommendations in regards to photographer, florist, and local hotels and all I can say is listen to Jamie. We did take those recommendations, and she really pointed us in the right direction. I don't have a single vendor complaint.

Then of course there is the venue itself. It is just so whimsical and beautiful. I love the balcony, the lake, the ivy climbing up the walls, the massive windows in the Great Room. So many of our guests complimented the venue, and it's been great seeing them post up pictures of themselves on the balcony, overlooking the lake or infront of the front mural.

I hope it's not bragging to say we had an incredibly fun and beautiful wedding, and I think the charm of the Onion Pub was a massive part of that. And it's so affordable too! Seriously, this place is amazing and we're so grateful we had our wedding there. We highly recommend it!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    The Onion Pub & Brewery 21
    The Onion Pub & Brewery 22
  • Joanna

Joanna · Married on 05/25/2019

What a perfect day and what great people

Jamie was a pleasure to work with. She helped us the whole way through. We had a beautiful reception.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Sienna

Sienna · Married on 12/29/2018

A cozy, beautiful winter wedding!

We got SO many compliments on how beautiful the space was. It was perfect for our cozy, candlelit winter wedding. Jamie, the wedding coordinator, is amazing and so incredibly easy to work with.

Sent on 01/12/2019

Katelin · Married on 11/09/2018

Perfect day planning from far away

I lived in another state while all my family is in IL. Jamie was more than helpful planning everything and get it all squared away. The venue is beyond beautiful and the pictures do not do its justice. The food was wonderful and not a single complaint from our guests. Over all it was a wonderful experience and being able to have the catering an cake on site meant I only had to hire a photographer and DJ. I can not thank you guys enough!

Sent on 12/02/2018

Dana Banicki · Married on 09/14/2018

Great experience from start to finish!

When we walked into The Onion we knew it was the perfect venue for our wedding ceremony and reception. The view and the setting was unique but fit our personality. The staff was very friendly and patient in answering our questions. Jamie was a pleasure to work with and helped to make our wedding day stress free. The food was unique with meeting all of our guests taste buds and dietary needs. The change from ceremony to reception was seamless and our guests loved the atmosphere and food. The staff was friendly and easy to work with. If you want a great atmosphere, good food and friendly service for your wedding day, The Onion is for you!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Deanna · Married on 08/10/2018

I couldn’t have chosen a better venue for my son’s Rehearsal Dinner! Jamie was very knowledgeable and she shared my excitement! Everything was perfect! She took care of every detail!! Dinner was served buffet style, and there was plenty of food, hot, fresh, and the pasta was NOT over cooked. Room was beautiful with patio access Servers, Bartender were very attentive. Highly recommend! Superb!

Sent on 08/15/2018
    The Onion Pub & Brewery 23
    The Onion Pub & Brewery 24
    The Onion Pub & Brewery 25
    The Onion Pub & Brewery 26
    The Onion Pub & Brewery 27

stephanie · Married on 12/02/2017

My daughter had her reception there 12/2/2017. The room was beautiful, the food was excellent and the staff very attentive. It was wonderful working with Jamie and her staff. They were accommodating to our guests and vendors. Professional and courteous. The room was amazing and atmosphere charming.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Mallory · Married on 12/01/2017

Our reception was gorgeous! A December event meant the room was already decorated with lights and trees/wreaths - absolutely beautiful. Food was good, drinks were fantastic and it was an elegant and beautiful event. Everything I could have asked for. The event coordinator answered all questions at the final walk through which made it easier to relax and know everything would be done perfectly! Would highly recommend to other!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Shaun · Married on 09/03/2017

I am so, so happy that we chose the Brewery as our venue. The outside is so gorgeous with all of the ivy and the mural, the inside is the perfect dinner and reception space with all of its natural lighting, and the deck is perfect for cocktail hour. Jamie was an absolute angel for the entire year and a half that we worked with her. She was responsive, accommodating, and constantly helpful. The food was so tasty, and the table service and wine service for dinner gave our wedding the elegant, classy touch that we wanted. And, while most places treat the Sunday of Labor Day weekend like a Saturday (requiring a higher fee), this place didn't - we got a great deal, endless compliments from guests, and the perfect wedding space!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/12/2017

We had our ceremony on the patio and reception inside for 150 people. The venue did everything perfectly, and in combo with the work by floral and our planner, the inside looked perfect. We got so many compliments on the venue & food. Definitely check out the Onion! The value is fantastic for what you get as well, and Jamie, their coordinator, was great to work with!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Alex · Married on 12/17/2016

We were married in the Onion Brewery and Pub on 12.17.16 and it was our DREAM wedding. It completely exceeded our expectations and was absolutely stunning!!! As two doctors in residency, my husband and I needed to find a venue that was flexible in communication and open to direction, without requiring too much hands on time. Jamie at the Onion was fantastic to work with- she always responded promptly to emails, adhered to the timeline, and communicated throughout the process. We had a winter wedding and had a very specific vision for our big day :) Jamie made that vision come to life! I provided pictures of my ideas and she executed the displays beautifully. The Great Hall was shimmering with lights and greenery, completely embodied our Winter Whimsical Wedding! The staff was super helpful and made sure the day ran smoothly. All the vendors commented on enjoying working with the Onion and I see why- wonderful venue, great staff. We will cherish our memories there forever!

Sent on 07/12/2017

Tim · Married on 07/24/2016

We got married on July 24, 2016. We wanted a unique place to get married at and to celebrate with friends and family. The Onion Pub and Brewery was it for us. The great room was fantastic and had great views of the wetlands. Everything was beautiful and better than we imagined. We had such a great time and have gotten so many compliments on our reception. Jamie and the staff were amazing. They were very helpful and accommodating from the first time we met to start the planning of our wedding. Thank you for the great memories !!!
    Maritza and Tim

Sent on 11/28/2016

Megan · Married on 06/11/2016

The moment we walked into the Onion Pub's Great Hall, we knew this was the place for our reception. The venue is absolutely beautiful. The first thing you notice is the vaulted wood-beam ceiling that really opens the room. The bar is gorgeous, and there is a lovely patio out the back for guests to step outside. Most importantly, the dance floor is huge! I LOVE to dance and planned to be out on the floor the whole night. We had about 135 guests and there was plenty of room to keep the tables up, but there was also plenty of room on the giant dance floor for everyone to have a good time. The food and craft beer selection were incredible - we got SO many compliments from our guests that it was one of the best wedding dinners they had ever had.

I could go on about the quality of the actual space, but the service is what really takes this venue to the top. Our coordinator, Jaime, was so incredibly kind, welcoming, and responsive. She seemed genuinely interested in making our day perfect for us, and I honestly enjoyed working with her at each meeting. When we came to set up, I had a bunch of little things I wanted out and Jaime made sure it was all out exactly as I imagined. I had also joked with her that day about how I had a nightmare that I didn't get any appetizers at our reception - then when we arrived to the venue after our pictures, I learned there was a plate of appetizers set aside for me. There were just so many little things like that that made the staff here so amazing. Patty, the general manager, was also very kind and helpful throughout the process. The woman who assisted the night of was so attentive (both throughout and at the chaos at the end of the night). I am SO grateful for the people here!

My wedding day was everything I wanted it to be, and the Onion Pub helped make that happen. The food and craft beer were a huge hit with our guests, the venue is beautiful, and the staff truly cares about making the day perfect.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Alise · Married on 06/10/2016

We used this facility for both our ceremony & reception. It worked out perfect! Jamie was a peach to work with and the staff were very helpful. Our guests loved the location. They made our day so special!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Sara · Married on 10/02/2015

Had our wedding and reception here for 100 guests. Things went fantastic! Jamie and Jody were great at communicating with us in the months leading up to the event which allowed everything to go perfectly the day of. Venue was fantastic and our guests loved it. Servers and bartenders were all great. Highly recommend for anyone considering a wedding there.

Sent on 11/01/2015

Ginny · Married on 09/19/2015

If you love the rustic wedding feel, this is your place! When looking at sites, I immediately fell in love with this place! Jody and Jamie were amazing wedding planners! They were so helpful, accommodating, and made sure you were not stressed out! They work with you on sitting, decorating, and so much more. The food was great as well! I can't say enough good things about the experience we had working with the Onion Pub.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/28/2014

Was great working with this team. I had my wedding the day after Christmas, Friday. The venue allowed me to come in Tuesday night to set everything up. I was able to bring and light about 80 candles with no problem. The food was amazing! Such a great team to work with.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Jacque · Married on 10/10/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at the Onion Pub and Brewery and they did a wonderful job! Jamie and Jody were both professional and made the wedding planning process a breeze. The room looked beautiful for both the ceremony and reception, and everyone commented on how amazing the venue was. Great place that helped make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/23/2014

Meredith · Married on 09/19/2014

Everything about the Onion pub was perfect! The venue is gorgeous, the food is great, the space is big, they have an outdoor patio, and above all their service is outstanding! Jamie and Jody are the wedding planners who could not be easier to work with! I mainly worked with Jamie in person and she made the process to painless and was very flexible. The day of staff was very attentive and quick, from the bartenders to the servers, to the night manager. I had some strange suggestions that they welcomed with open arms, which made my life easier! I also had my rehearsal dinner there which was very affordable and delicious! The day after the wedding was great as well, they boxed up all my remaining decorations, etc. so that my parents could just come and pick it up the next day!

So happy we chose the Onion Pub, and will definitely go back for dinner and drinks soon!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Russ and Jordan · Married on 08/31/2014

Beautiful place for our wedding and reception, Staff was friendly,helpful and very accommodating. Food and drinks were excellent.

Sent on 10/10/2014
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 08/30/2014

My fiance has been to a lot of weddings and really wanted something different.. which is exactly what we found at The Onion Pub & Brewery. After going to many reception sites, we were blown away by the kindness and helpfulness of everyone at The Onion Pub. Jamie and Jody are the two ladies who are the behind the scenes magicians that make everything happen. From day one, they help with planning and arranging everything. It's like having a wedding planner but better because they know the in's and out's of their restaurant. They were so accommodating with the foods we wanted to have, the decorations we wanted to be set out. Having Jamie there on the wedding day made everything amazing and it was perfect! I didn't have to worry about anything on the wedding day - and everyone went on and on about what a beautiful venue it was. You have got to see this place in person! You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/08/2014

Mary Pat · Married on 08/16/2014

loved, loved, LOVED my experience with Jamie and Jody and the entire crew at the Onion Pub!!! I got married there last month (Aug 2014) and there wasn't a single thing i would change about my experience with the venue. These ladies are fantastic and go above and beyond to make sure your special day is nothing short of amazing. The venue itself is gorgeous both inside and out. I cannot WAIT for my pictures!! Prices are very reasonable and the food was delicious! During the overall experience, i was shocked to learn just how picky *I* could be in terms of a wedding cake, but they both went above and beyond to make sure that the cake was everything my husband and I dreamed it would be.

The only thing i would change is wishing I had a pause button to be able to take everything in a little bit more than i was able to.

Thank you Jody and Jamie!!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Kevin · Married on 07/05/2014

Jamie and Jody were awesome, we love the venue. Jamie especially was fantastic - we worked with her more as our date neared, and really pushed her to deliver everything we asked for, and she did!

We love beer, and were searching for brewery venues. We checked out the pub before contacting anyone so we could get an authentic experience, check the vibe and venue without a sales pitch. Well - we loved it. We did a brewery tour on the first day, and loved the people, food, beer and location.

Our ceremony and reception were executed without a hiccup. We challenged Jamie and the Onion team to allow us to feature specialty cocktails, food items that weren't on the menu, and reception oddities (champagne sabering for example) that maybe made a bit more of a mess than we were expecting... All was handled excellently. Our guests loved everything too.

We love the onion pub and would definitely have events there again. We only wish we lived closer so that we could go back more often!

Sent on 10/12/2014

Stephanie · Married on 04/25/2014

I just have to say right off the bat that Jamie and Jody were amazing! I could not be happier with how our wedding turned out at the Onion. I still have guests telling me how beautiful everything was and how good the food was. I was very pleased with the prompt responses from both Jamie and Jody to my millions of questions. I would definitely recommend having your event at the Onion!!

Sent on 07/02/2014