Mountain Top Inn & Resort Reviews

116 | Chittenden, VT

116 Reviews for Mountain Top Inn & Resort

116 Mountain Top Inn & Resort Reviews

Abbey · Married on 08/25/2018

Last weekend we had our dream wedding at Mountain Top Inn. Every guest kept commenting on how perfect the day was, how friendly the staff is, and overall how it truly is the perfect venue. Caitlin was our coordinator and she is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and so sweet. Food was unreal. Can't say enough good things about MTI!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 1
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 2
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 3

Rebecca · Married on 08/22/2018

Caitlin our wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing! Even with us living in NJ, she made everything so seamless and was very quick to answer any emails that I had. They were so accommodating and organized!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 4
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 5

Caroline · Married on 07/14/2018

I can’t say enough good things about our coordinator, Caitlin, and the entire staff at the Mountain Top Inn. Caitlin is professional, responsive, fun, so so so knowledgeable and just all around amazing. I want her to be my best friend :) She pulled together the wedding weekend of our dreams, flawlessly and seemingly effortlessly. As a wedding photographer myself, I knew exactly what I wanted in a wedding venue. This place runs like a well oiled machine.. They have everything down to a science. No detail overlooked. The food came out quickly and it was a 180+ person wedding. There were never long lines at the bar, or people waiting. They took care of my vendors and everyone loves working with there, which says a lot. Guests raved about the lodging, the views, the food, everything! I couldn’t be happier with our decision to get married at the Mountain Top Inn!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 6

Chelsea · Married on 07/06/2018

My husband and I celebrated our wedding at The Mountain Top Inn and Resort just a little over a month ago. We had our ceremony at Christ the King Church and held the cocktail hour and reception at The Mountain Top Barn. Since that day, I haven’t stopped looking at our pictures and reliving this magical day! The Mountain Top Inn and Resort is the perfect location for a rustic Vermont wedding. Our wedding Coordinator, Cassie, was such a pleasure to work with over the last year. She answered every question I had, my family had and my husband’s family had with professionalism, genuine care and concern. With all the weddings Mountain Top has, you would have NEVER known she had other brides that she was taking care of. She and her team took care of everything from measuring the window sills in the Barn for lanterns and decorations, to offering her own hair and time for a hair pre-trial, from organizing hors d'oeuvres and drinks to be sent to our photo location, to delivering our wedding gifts and cards to our room for the night. I truly can’t thank her enough and I know we’ll stay in touch! The pictures on here truly don’t do this venue justice. Take a minute to search their location or hashtag on Facebook and Instagram. If you’re a bride to be- once you see the views, guests living it up during cocktail hour, bride and grooms looking head over heels in love, you’ll begin to see yourself, your family and friends in those photos. No matter the season or time of year, Mountain Top feels like the most magical place on earth. While cell service is limited, it turned out to be a blessing to have some time to unplug with family and friends and truly enjoy the day. My last recommendation would be to stay a few extra days on either end to really enjoy the amenities Mountain Top has to offer, as well. I loved everything about our wedding day and the service Mountain Top provided, was truly priceless. I can’t wait to come back and relive all these wonderful memories. Thank you MTI!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 7
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 14
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 15
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 16

Susan · Married on 07/06/2018

Beautiful venue. Excellent spot for a large wedding. Wedding coordinator was excellent and could not have asked for a more accommodating person. She was on top of everything and very willing to work with us. Would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any large event that you want to get family and friends together. Grounds of the venue are beautiful and lots of things to do in any season (spa, yoga, hiking, paddle boarding, canoeing, kyaking, swimming, snow shoeing, x-country skiing, and more).

Kelly · Married on 03/02/2018

The Mountain Top Inn was the most perfect venue for our wedding, and I think everyone that attended would say the same thing. From the months of planning to the day after the wedding, we were well taken care of. We had Cassie as our coordinator and she did everything she could to make sure we had the best experience, and we did!!! It is not cheap getting married at such an amazing place, with amazing views, but they have so many options to help you save money. We chose a Friday wedding which helped us out tremendously off the bat, and on top of that they have so many different packages to help you stay on budget and still feel like your having the most amazing wedding ever! The venue was worth every penny spent, the views are unbelievable, they have all the amenities you could need, and the staff are all so kind and welcoming, I felt like a princess all weekend long! We are not from Vermont so we didn't know where to begin with choosing vendors so we chose to use all the vendors suggested by the Mountain Top Inn, and they were all amazing, and Cassie helped by work closely with all of them which took a huge burden off my shoulders. I highly recommend choosing The Mountain Top Inn as your wedding destination, and we cant wait to go back every year! See our photos to see just how magical our special day was

Kelly & Drew

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 21
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 22
  • Elana

Elana · Married on 12/21/2017

Ashley and the rest of the staff at MTI were amazing! If there were any problems happening during our wedding we (and more importantly, the guests) had no idea! Ashley was able to execute our no-pomp and circumstance vision perfectly and we were so happy we chose this venue. The food was amazing- guests are still commenting about how good it was. The front desk staff - especially Ellen- was wonderful and the bar staff-especially Aaron- was perfect! Thank you so much for an amazing wedding!

Caitlin · Married on 12/17/2017

Our coordinator Chelsea Howe and the entire staff at the Mountain Top Inn went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect. The venue has the most gorgeous natural backdrop and they made sure to enhance it with everything we asked for and more! The floral shop on site and the team at MTI paid attention to every detail and created a romantic and intimate experience for us and all our guests. We are forever grateful to Chelsea and everyone there for understanding our vision and bringing it to life while we got to enjoy our weekend in VT with family and friends!

Heather · Married on 12/15/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Mountain Top Inn! We fell in love with this place from our first visit checking out wedding venues. When you walk in it immediately feels warm, cozy and romantic. The views are absolutely stunning and I love the rustic Vermont feel of everything. We barely did any decor for our winter wedding as the natural scenery is just so beautiful not much else is needed. We did our ceremony outside on the terrace and we were provided with space heaters and blankets on the benches for guests which was such a nice touch. Caitlin was our coordinator and she was absolutely amazing! I had so many questions throughout the entire process and must have sent her a hundred emails, but she was so great and had an answer for everything I needed. The rehearsal and wedding day were flawless and stress free. Caitlin took care of absolutely everything from set up, to keeping things running smoothly and on time, and taking everything down the next day. We didn't have to worry about anything which I am so grateful for. Our wedding flew by so quickly, so getting to fully enjoy it was very much appreciated!
    We also loved their onsite services such as Meadow's Edge Floral. We worked with Gayle at Meadow's Edge for all our florals and decor and she did an amazing job! I was SO happy to see the results on our wedding day. The bouquets were absolutely beautiful and the garlands for the arbor and the farmhouse tables were perfect! They also have a great selection of candles, lanterns and other decor items that we used! The amount of candles needed ended up being cheaper to rent through Meadows Edge than purchasing ourselves, and all the set up / take down was done for us so it was totally stress free just like everything else!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 23
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 24
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 25
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 26
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 27
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 28
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 29

Amy · Married on 10/12/2017

I got married at Mountain Top Inn on Thursday 10/12/17. I still can’t believe how truly perfect everything was and our guests are all still raving about the location, food, and overall experience. I have had multiple people say it was the best wedding they have ever been to and this is because of Mountain Top. The food was so good both at the reception and in the tavern. Everything about this location is stunning. Cassie was our coordinator and she was absolutely incredible. Working with her was a dream and she made sure everything ran smoothly and that I did not have to worry about one thing. On the wedding day I truly had no stress because I knew she was on top of everything. I could tell that she truly loves her job and she wanted everything to be perfect for us. I cannot thank her enough!! The staff in the barn were great as well and so was the bartender Aaron. Brittni and Leah from MTI Spa did the bridal party makeup and they were wonderful! I loved my makeup and all the bridesmaids' makeup looked flawless. We got ready at the Mountain Aire which was SO nice (steam shower in master bedroom is heaven) and stayed there for 2 nights with the bridal party. My husband and I already cannot wait to return to Mountain Top. My only regret is that I can't travel back in time and relive that day. There is really no better place to get married. THANK YOU SO MUCH Mountain Top for our dream wedding. It brings tears to my eyes. You will forever have a special place in our hearts and I know we will return every year. I cannot speak highly enough about this place!! Absolutely amazing.

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 30

herveline · Married on 09/18/2017

We had a wonderful 2 day wedding at Mountain Top Inn (MTI) in Sep 2017 and couldn't be happier with the venue. We had people coming from US, France, India, NZ, Canada and unanimously they all loved the venue and still rave about it! The location is absolutely GORGEOUS, the accommodations (chalets/rooms in the main building) are beautiful and fun. We had 70 guests and 2 ceremonies: an Indian ceremony on Sunday night in the Jewel chalet with a tent set up right in front, which ended up being open (no walls) as we had such a perfect weather, a Western ceremony on the grass at the knoll with the beautiful lake and mountains in the back, and reception in the barn.

We had a great experience, MTI made it look super easy - they are used to having weddings and a lot of thoughts have been put into any aspects that you can't even think of to make the big day is perfect. We had great weather but even the backup rain location would have been nice with view on the lake and mountains. Our MTI venue coordinator was Chelsea and she was professional, responsive and effective. Our skills at organizing are not the best and it was a relief to be in such capable hands taking care of all the logistics. We used mainly vendors that were already familiar with the venue and all had great reviews:

- Idena Beach Photography for photos/videos - a top notch experience with talented photographers and great people! (Idena & Mike) - see separate review

- Top Hat Entertainment for music (ceremony and reception) and lights (reception). They were eager to play the music we gave them which included French and Indian songs

- Meadows Edge Floral (MTI on site florist/decorator) - Gayle was great to work with and eager to customize decoration, she made beautiful arrangements that would last both ceremonies
    Other vendors that were great to work w/:Vermont Tent Co, MTI caterer (main reception), Guru the Caterer (indian welcome food).

Thanks MTI for the great venue!

Lauren · Married on 08/27/2017

We were married August 27, 2017 at Mountain Top Inn and could not be happier with our choice of venue. The weather cooperated all weekend giving us the MOST BEAUTIFUL backdrop to our ceremony. Everything went off without a hitch, thanks to our coordinator Caitlin. Booking this venue 17 months in advance gave a long grace period for planning. We were in contact with Caitlin the entire time. She gracefully and promptly answered all questions via email, provided suggestions, and was willing to meet multiple times through the entire process when we made trips from MA to VT. We look forward to making visits for anniversaries, ski weekends, and even just because it's so beautiful at all times of year! Thank you MTI staff for the best weekend!

Leah · Married on 07/22/2017

The Mountain Top Inn and Resort was the most perfect venue for my wedding. It was the perfect amount of rustic and elegance which is exactly what my husband and I were looking for. We had our rehearsal dinner/welcome party at the Beach Pavilion. It was a beautiful night for the rehearsal dinner and MTI even provided a campfire where our guests could make s'mores at the end of the night. During the day of our wedding, there were many activities for guests to partake in (such as horseback riding, pontoon boating, kayaking, canoeing, clay shooting, etc.). We had our ceremony at the knoll which was BEAUTIFUL. The mountain views were specular from all angles. We then had our reception in the barn. The barn was newly built and had a good amount of space for the number of guests we invited. The MTI staff were very helpful and supportive. They were always checking in and making sure everything was running smoothly. We highly recommend MTI for a wedding venue!!!!

Molly · Married on 07/15/2017

The Mountain Top Inn & Resort did an amazing job hosting our wedding! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding weekend! The landscape, accommodations, staff and everything else were all amazing. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for a wedding. Our guests are still talking about how much they loved the venue and how much fun they had that weekend. Thanks Mountain Top Inn!

Marissa · Married on 06/29/2017

We had our wedding at MTI on 6.29.17 and couldn't ask for a better day (rain and all). Our wedding coordinator Chelsea was so helpful up to the wedding and made our wedding day run so smooth. I have never been to a wedding were The coordinator goes to every table and makes sure everything is okay. The staff, especially our bartender, was so professional and they really know how to make your day feel spectacular. We can't wait to attend a wedding there in September!

Ethan · Married on 06/03/2017

We picked Mountain Top for our wedding and it was as beautiful and perfect as every picture you see. This resort was made for weddings. The area is beautiful, the mountains green, (or white, if you are there in winter), the water blue, the air crisp. It’s a small paradise hidden in Vermont. The staff is efficient and friendly and know how to host a wedding. Our wedding coordinator was responsive and helpful and walked us through all the aspects of the wedding. Everyone was accommodating and helped us with every question we had. We were making changes up to the last week and they handled it easily and kindly. Without a doubt, I could not think of a better place to get married, and our wedding was perfect. It was so great that our guests could stay right on the resort and have lots of fun activities to do to stay entertained.

kathryn · Married on 05/20/2017

We could not have been happier with our entire wedding experience. The location of The Mountain Top Inn alone guarantees a beautiful wedding, but the entire team of staff at the venue just elevates things to a whole other level. From the start of the planning process, through the entire wedding, the Mountain Top Inn staff (especially our amazing wedding coordinator Chelsea) was there every step of the way to ensure our wedding would be the best day of our lives. Myself and my bridesmaids also had our makeup done by Brittany of the Mountain Top Inn Spa, and all of us were so so happy with our makeup. The Mountain Top Inn is full of a team of true professionals and we 100% without hesitation would recommend it for a wedding any time of the year.

jessica · Married on 05/13/2017

We had our wedding in May 2017 and it was fabulous! We had a cookout Friday night by the lake and the wedding on Saturday in the barn. The staff is incredible (from the bar tender to the waiters), food is outstanding, and the entire property is gorgeous. I still have people calling/emailing to tell me that it was the best wedding they have ever attended.

Brittney · Married on 04/30/2017

We worked with the wonderful staff at the Mountain Top Inn for our wedding in April 2017 - and we absolutely LOVED everything about our experience. We visited the Mountain Top Inn a year before we wanted to have our wedding, and we were sold immediately on the incredible views, accommodations, and friendliness of the staff...but we needed to make sure our wedding wouldn't break our budget. Mike Howe was so accommodating to our needs, providing us options and flexibility for our dream wedding. Once we'd locked in the location, we began working with Chelsea Howe as our designated wedding coordinator. Chelsea is a bride's dream - she was so attentive and responsive to my (likely million) questions beforehand, and always provided me suggestions and options if my requests couldn't be accommodated exactly as I'd envisioned. She's really amazing, and made me feel so at ease in the months, weeks, and days leading up to my wedding. She made sure everything went smoothly for the rehearsal and that all of the wedding party knew exactly where they needed to be and at what times - she was so great at keeping us to that!! On the day of my wedding it was raining most of the day, but Chelsea checked in on me a few times to see how I was feeling and update me on the weather - this was SO helpful because she kept things positive and relaxed for me and I knew she was ALL over the planning if we needed to change plans last minute due to weather. It was just really nice to know she was there, for anything we needed and to handle anything that came up. She was such a wonderful presence throughout the beginning, middle, and end of the wedding process and I couldn't ask for a better coordinator. Lastly, the entire staff at the Mountain Top Inn (waitstaff, front desk, salon) is unbelievably pleasant and so so helpful. This place really does embody a quaint small town vibe, while maintaining upscale customer service. You'll love it!!!

Jillian · Married on 02/04/2017

Our wedding was simply magical and the staff at the Mountain Top made our dreams come true.

Erin · Married on 09/10/2016

They were great - everything from the venue to food to the coordinators help made our wedding at MTI very memorable and not stressful!

Julie · Married on 08/03/2016

Everyone at MTI (especially Chelsea--Wedding Coordinator @ MTI & Sharon & Heidi--Meadow's Edge Floral Design @ MTI) were beyond helpful and accommodating for our wedding. I still can't get over the gorgeous setting and the quality of service we received. I guarantee that you will not regret having your wedding here. The food at our wedding was delicious and every request/question we had were responded to promptly. It was a trek for our guests from both coasts to travel to this location--but it was well worth it! Thank you, MTI for having the perfect venue for us to celebrate our special day! And a big thank you to Chelsea, Sharon and Heidi for helping us create the exact wedding we imagined!

Caitlyn and Brendan · Married on 03/13/2016

We had our wedding at the Mtn Top on 3-13-16 and it was perfect! Bethany was our coordinator and she did a fabulous job! As part of our "ski weekend wedding" we rented several houses for bridal party/family (Mountain Aire, Campion and Wintergreen North). The accommodations were first class. Everyone was impressed with the houses and it allowed us to hang out with a lot of our family and friends at one time (mostly at Mountain Aire as it was the largest house we rented).
    We were supposed to have a group activity of snow shoeing but since there ended up being no snow we did a walk/hike down to the lake which was gorgeous.
    We had our rehearsal dinner at the Mountain Aire - Mtn Top staff came and rearranged the seating and used the kitchen as the buffet area for the dinner - we had 50 people and it was very comfortable.
    We also had a welcome party the night before the wedding at the pub in the inn. They allowed us and our friends who play irish musical instruments to have a traditional irish music session which was very unique and fun, followed by s'mores just outside at the fire pit.
    Wedding day went seamlessly- we had Mtn Top salon come to the Mountain Aire house where the bride and bridesmaids got ready- they did a fabulous job and everyone looked amazing. The guys got ready in Campion house. When the photographer (Todd Stoilov) showed up I was glad we had these properties because they made a beautiful backdrop for pictures. At the cocktail hour and during the wedding Bethany checked in with us multiple times and made sure we were happy with the timing of evening and if we needed anything she got it for us.
    I have to say that the Mtn Top was very flexible as far as details we wanted to have at our wedding, they were understanding of budget, very friendly and personable, and very professional. Wonderful venue to work with.
    The most important part- the food is stellar- 5 stars all around!!!!! We plan on visiting Mtn Top many times in the years to come!

Jennifer · Married on 03/06/2016

We had our wedding at the Mountain Top Inn in March, 2016 and we could not have asked for a more perfect venue. The Mountain Top is a beautiful spot, and, whether you are having 50 people or 250, they can tailor the many spaces they have to suit your needs. Our guests loved the venue, the food, the views, etc. I really liked that the Mountain Top could accommodate all of our out of town guests, and that people did not have to worry about transportation (lots of different lodging options!). I received many compliments that the food was excellent, and that the attention to detail was wonderful. Caitlin was our wedding planner and she is the best - she is organized, responsive and professional. The Mountain Top does a lot of weddings and there is a reason - they are excellent at it. They never made me feel as though I was one of many, their attention to detail is top notch. Thanks for a wonderful weekend!