Mountain Top Inn & Resort Reviews

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 4
Mountain Top Inn & Resort 5
  • Andrea

Andrea Messer · Married on 11/03/2019

Booking for wedding for food and site fee and wedding expo

My husband & I are SO glad we chose Mountain Top for our Vermont Fall wedding! We just had our wedding last Sunday Nov 3rd & worked with Chelsea as our coordinator who is super pleasant & awesome to work with! We can’t say enough about Mountain Top but we’ll try!— Supremely professional staff! They make it super easy & convenient to find the best vendors and to make your day as special as it can be. After 1,000,000 of our questions the answer was usually yes or we’ll make it happen which is so kind & fabulous of them. We love the views, peaceful atmosphere and rustic charm! All of the accommodations are very nice. The investors, staff, management, owners etc all put in such hard work day in and day out to ensure that every guest has a wonderful experience. The food is sooo delicious!! Truly can’t beat. Every aspect of our wedding was truly perfect & Chelsea worked so hard to make sure we loved our day! We plan on going back to Mountain Top as often as possible to experience all seasons. It’s officially our home away from home! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us make our wedding weekend fantastic!! -Andrea Messer & Daniel Kassner 11/3/19

Sent on 02/05/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/18/2019

Absolutely Perfect

Absolutely amazing experience! HIGHLY recommended! Cassie was our coordinator and she was unbelievable! We love it there

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Giselle

Giselle Huerta · Married on 07/15/2019

Mountain Top Inn: Everything we wanted and more!

AMAZING!!! We are so beyond happy that we decided to get married here. All of our guests (including ourselves) had an unforgettable wedding weekend this summer - and we couldn't have done it without everyone's support at MTI - especially Chelsea! She is an incredible wedding coordinator. On the wedding day, Chelsea and her staff were so on top of everything! Even though I forgot to bring down the desserts (they provide catering for everything except desserts), Chelsea figured it out and everything ran smoothly! The food was delish - the venue was spectacular, and everyone had the best time! Thank you!!!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 6
    Sent on 10/28/2019

Lilly · Married on 07/06/2019

Chelsea & MTI go above and beyond

My husband and I were married at MTI in July 2019. We had one of those days that was 30 minutes hard rain, 30 minutes beautiful skies. Chelsea and everyone at MTI were wonderful the entire day -- building us a back-up plan all the while keeping our outdoor wedding possible. When we finally made the call to bring it indoors, I was so surprised by how amazing they made the ceremony site look. And when it stopped raining after the ceremony, they even moved the entire bar and tables back outside for cocktail hour (after having set it up indoors). These are just two examples of how much they do to make your day so special and easy. Working with MTI and Chelsea made the entire process from start to finish so much easier and less stressful, I would 100% recommend.

Sent on 09/06/2019

Sarah Rogers · Married on 06/30/2019

Venue of My Dreams!

My husband and I fell in love with The Mountain Top Inn (MTI) the moment we arrived for our first tour. I grew up in Vermont so was accustomed to its beauty & charm, but I must say MTI is a magical place. The views are breath taking, property is pristine, staff is incredible (friendly, accommodating) and the food is delicious. We got married in June, and we highly recommend booking Spring/Summer/early Fall. Our guests LOVED taking advantage of all the activities on property (Pool, kayaking, clay shooting, volleyball, hiking & golf). Our guests felt as if they were on a mini vacation, which we loved. Some guests even stayed extra days/nights & we were able to continue the celebration. I would HIGHLY recommend renting a guest home through MTI. We stayed in the Mountain Aire – the house was gorgeous, extremely well kept, spacious & allowed us to entertain our guests pre/post wedding. Our guests enjoyed other homes on the property as well – all had raving reviews. The best part of staying on property was the shuttle service provided to get you & your guests from place to place – even late night! The day of our wedding we had 20 minutes of downpour rain right before the ceremony was to begin. Our coordinator (Kelsey!!!) ensured that we felt no anxiety…she kept me completely calm & worked so quickly to ensure we were setup to have the ceremony either inside or outside. She allowed us to make the call last minute…and thank goodness – the sun came out & blue skies rolled in (we had our ceremony outside as planned). Of course, MTI staff worked so quickly to ensure our guests were comfortable post rain (they went around and wiped off ALL the benches that were wet). Most importantly everyone, Kelsey our wedding coordinator, Khele the General Manager and the rest of the Mountain Top staff were incredible from start to finish. THANK YOU, MTI, for creating the day of our dreams, you will always hold a special place in our heart…and we will surely visit for several years to come!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 7
    Sent on 10/11/2019
  • Anne

Anne Lee · Married on 06/21/2019

The best wedding venue!

I am a wedding photographer and have worked at 150+ wedding venues throughout the years. When it was time to choose a venue for my own wedding I knew I had to see if Mountain Top was available. My husband and I feel SO lucky that we we were able to host our wedding at MTI. Being able to share such a special place with all of our friends and family meant the world to us. From day one the staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. I felt like we won the lottery with our wedding coordinator, Cassie. She was INCREDIBLE. She handled everything with ease and kept us calm throughout the entire process. She went above and far beyond what I expected and made wedding planning a breeze. It was so wonderful to know we really didn't have to worry about anything... Cassie had already taken care of it.

The views at MTI are unbeatable, the food is amazing (all of our guests commented on it!), there are so many activities to keep your guests busy, and the staff truly went out of their way to make our weekend perfect. We used Meadows Edge (florist on site) and they were better then I could have ever imagined. Gayle is amazing! And we used the Spa on site for hair & make up and I'm so glad we did! They were wonderful.

We can't thank Mountain Top enough for the most amazing weekend of our lives!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 21
    Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Kristina + Jessica

Kristina + Jessica · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing!

My wedding at MTI was absolutely AMAZING. Our coordinator was Chelsea and she was the absolute best. We live in Florida, so naturally, it was a little scary planning an out of state wedding. Chelsea was a rock star and we never felt that we weren't a priority. Chelsea answered NUMEROUS emails and calls, and we really can't thank her enough for all that she and the team at MTI did. Chelsea and her team really brought our vision to life and so much more! Our wedding and reception were held at the beach / pavilion. Amazing & beautiful location. We used MTI for basically everything - floral, food, etc. For any other vendors, MTI had suggestions for. If you are thinking to have your wedding here, do it. My guests are still raving about our wedding and how beautiful this place is. The lodging, the views, the food, activities, etc., are spectacular. Thank you, Chelsea and the MTI staff, for making our wedding (and wedding week) so very special!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 26
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 27
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 28
    Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 12/30/2018

The most incredible wedding venue out there!

It has taken me six months to write this review because I could not find the right words to express how absolutely perfect our winter wedding at the Mountain Top Inn & Resort really was, and I still don’t think I am able to. Though from CT, my husband and I knew we wanted a winter wedding in Vermont. I spent MONTHS researching venues online and set up a few visits, MTI being the first. However, from the first moment I visited MTI, we knew instantly it was where we wanted to be married. We cancelled all of our other venue visits and put a deposit down immediately and it was the best decision we could have made. The venue is so incredibly beautiful; my guests could not get over the breathtaking view from the ceremony and reception spaces. ALL the coordinators at MTI are fantastic, but I worked closely with Ashley in the planning process (who was wonderful), but was switched over to Chelsea when Ashley took a new position. Chelsea was absolutely incredible. The weekend of the wedding, Chelsea took care of EVERY POSSIBLE detail (even ones that never crossed my mind) and ensured that every aspect of the wedding exceeded our expectations. I cannot express how NOT stressed I was all weekend long because I knew that MTI was taking care of everything I needed. Looking back at our wedding, I can truly say there is not one single thing I would change about the entire weekend and so much of that is because of our decision to choose MTI as our venue. This review simply does not do MTI justice, but just know this - I recommend this venue so incredibly wholeheartedly!

Sent on 07/02/2019

Abbey · Married on 08/25/2018

Last weekend we had our dream wedding at Mountain Top Inn. Every guest kept commenting on how perfect the day was, how friendly the staff is, and overall how it truly is the perfect venue. Caitlin was our coordinator and she is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and so sweet. Food was unreal. Can't say enough good things about MTI!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 29
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 30
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 31
    Sent on 08/31/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/22/2018

Caitlin our wedding coordinator was absolutely amazing! Even with us living in NJ, she made everything so seamless and was very quick to answer any emails that I had. They were so accommodating and organized!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 32
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 33
    Sent on 09/16/2018

Caroline · Married on 07/14/2018

I can’t say enough good things about our coordinator, Caitlin, and the entire staff at the Mountain Top Inn. Caitlin is professional, responsive, fun, so so so knowledgeable and just all around amazing. I want her to be my best friend :) She pulled together the wedding weekend of our dreams, flawlessly and seemingly effortlessly. As a wedding photographer myself, I knew exactly what I wanted in a wedding venue. This place runs like a well oiled machine.. They have everything down to a science. No detail overlooked. The food came out quickly and it was a 180+ person wedding. There were never long lines at the bar, or people waiting. They took care of my vendors and everyone loves working with there, which says a lot. Guests raved about the lodging, the views, the food, everything! I couldn’t be happier with our decision to get married at the Mountain Top Inn!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 34
    Sent on 07/20/2018

Chelsea · Married on 07/06/2018

My husband and I celebrated our wedding at The Mountain Top Inn and Resort just a little over a month ago. We had our ceremony at Christ the King Church and held the cocktail hour and reception at The Mountain Top Barn. Since that day, I haven’t stopped looking at our pictures and reliving this magical day! The Mountain Top Inn and Resort is the perfect location for a rustic Vermont wedding. Our wedding Coordinator, Cassie, was such a pleasure to work with over the last year. She answered every question I had, my family had and my husband’s family had with professionalism, genuine care and concern. With all the weddings Mountain Top has, you would have NEVER known she had other brides that she was taking care of. She and her team took care of everything from measuring the window sills in the Barn for lanterns and decorations, to offering her own hair and time for a hair pre-trial, from organizing hors d'oeuvres and drinks to be sent to our photo location, to delivering our wedding gifts and cards to our room for the night. I truly can’t thank her enough and I know we’ll stay in touch! The pictures on here truly don’t do this venue justice. Take a minute to search their location or hashtag on Facebook and Instagram. If you’re a bride to be- once you see the views, guests living it up during cocktail hour, bride and grooms looking head over heels in love, you’ll begin to see yourself, your family and friends in those photos. No matter the season or time of year, Mountain Top feels like the most magical place on earth. While cell service is limited, it turned out to be a blessing to have some time to unplug with family and friends and truly enjoy the day. My last recommendation would be to stay a few extra days on either end to really enjoy the amenities Mountain Top has to offer, as well. I loved everything about our wedding day and the service Mountain Top provided, was truly priceless. I can’t wait to come back and relive all these wonderful memories. Thank you MTI!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 35
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 43
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 44
    Sent on 08/14/2018

Susan · Married on 07/06/2018

Beautiful venue. Excellent spot for a large wedding. Wedding coordinator was excellent and could not have asked for a more accommodating person. She was on top of everything and very willing to work with us. Would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any large event that you want to get family and friends together. Grounds of the venue are beautiful and lots of things to do in any season (spa, yoga, hiking, paddle boarding, canoeing, kyaking, swimming, snow shoeing, x-country skiing, and more).

Sent on 09/05/2018

Kelly · Married on 03/02/2018

The Mountain Top Inn was the most perfect venue for our wedding, and I think everyone that attended would say the same thing. From the months of planning to the day after the wedding, we were well taken care of. We had Cassie as our coordinator and she did everything she could to make sure we had the best experience, and we did!!! It is not cheap getting married at such an amazing place, with amazing views, but they have so many options to help you save money. We chose a Friday wedding which helped us out tremendously off the bat, and on top of that they have so many different packages to help you stay on budget and still feel like your having the most amazing wedding ever! The venue was worth every penny spent, the views are unbelievable, they have all the amenities you could need, and the staff are all so kind and welcoming, I felt like a princess all weekend long! We are not from Vermont so we didn't know where to begin with choosing vendors so we chose to use all the vendors suggested by the Mountain Top Inn, and they were all amazing, and Cassie helped by work closely with all of them which took a huge burden off my shoulders. I highly recommend choosing The Mountain Top Inn as your wedding destination, and we cant wait to go back every year! See our photos to see just how magical our special day was

Kelly & Drew

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 50
    Sent on 03/23/2018
  • Elana

Elana · Married on 12/21/2017

Ashley and the rest of the staff at MTI were amazing! If there were any problems happening during our wedding we (and more importantly, the guests) had no idea! Ashley was able to execute our no-pomp and circumstance vision perfectly and we were so happy we chose this venue. The food was amazing- guests are still commenting about how good it was. The front desk staff - especially Ellen- was wonderful and the bar staff-especially Aaron- was perfect! Thank you so much for an amazing wedding!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Caitlin · Married on 12/17/2017

Our coordinator Chelsea Howe and the entire staff at the Mountain Top Inn went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect. The venue has the most gorgeous natural backdrop and they made sure to enhance it with everything we asked for and more! The floral shop on site and the team at MTI paid attention to every detail and created a romantic and intimate experience for us and all our guests. We are forever grateful to Chelsea and everyone there for understanding our vision and bringing it to life while we got to enjoy our weekend in VT with family and friends!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Heather · Married on 12/15/2017

I cannot say enough great things about Mountain Top Inn! We fell in love with this place from our first visit checking out wedding venues. When you walk in it immediately feels warm, cozy and romantic. The views are absolutely stunning and I love the rustic Vermont feel of everything. We barely did any decor for our winter wedding as the natural scenery is just so beautiful not much else is needed. We did our ceremony outside on the terrace and we were provided with space heaters and blankets on the benches for guests which was such a nice touch. Caitlin was our coordinator and she was absolutely amazing! I had so many questions throughout the entire process and must have sent her a hundred emails, but she was so great and had an answer for everything I needed. The rehearsal and wedding day were flawless and stress free. Caitlin took care of absolutely everything from set up, to keeping things running smoothly and on time, and taking everything down the next day. We didn't have to worry about anything which I am so grateful for. Our wedding flew by so quickly, so getting to fully enjoy it was very much appreciated!
    We also loved their onsite services such as Meadow's Edge Floral. We worked with Gayle at Meadow's Edge for all our florals and decor and she did an amazing job! I was SO happy to see the results on our wedding day. The bouquets were absolutely beautiful and the garlands for the arbor and the farmhouse tables were perfect! They also have a great selection of candles, lanterns and other decor items that we used! The amount of candles needed ended up being cheaper to rent through Meadows Edge than purchasing ourselves, and all the set up / take down was done for us so it was totally stress free just like everything else!

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 51
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 56
    Mountain Top Inn & Resort 57
    Sent on 01/13/2018

Amy · Married on 10/12/2017

I got married at Mountain Top Inn on Thursday 10/12/17. I still can’t believe how truly perfect everything was and our guests are all still raving about the location, food, and overall experience. I have had multiple people say it was the best wedding they have ever been to and this is because of Mountain Top. The food was so good both at the reception and in the tavern. Everything about this location is stunning. Cassie was our coordinator and she was absolutely incredible. Working with her was a dream and she made sure everything ran smoothly and that I did not have to worry about one thing. On the wedding day I truly had no stress because I knew she was on top of everything. I could tell that she truly loves her job and she wanted everything to be perfect for us. I cannot thank her enough!! The staff in the barn were great as well and so was the bartender Aaron. Brittni and Leah from MTI Spa did the bridal party makeup and they were wonderful! I loved my makeup and all the bridesmaids' makeup looked flawless. We got ready at the Mountain Aire which was SO nice (steam shower in master bedroom is heaven) and stayed there for 2 nights with the bridal party. My husband and I already cannot wait to return to Mountain Top. My only regret is that I can't travel back in time and relive that day. There is really no better place to get married. THANK YOU SO MUCH Mountain Top for our dream wedding. It brings tears to my eyes. You will forever have a special place in our hearts and I know we will return every year. I cannot speak highly enough about this place!! Absolutely amazing.

Mountain Top Inn & Resort 58
    Sent on 11/02/2017

herveline · Married on 09/18/2017

We had a wonderful 2 day wedding at Mountain Top Inn (MTI) in Sep 2017 and couldn't be happier with the venue. We had people coming from US, France, India, NZ, Canada and unanimously they all loved the venue and still rave about it! The location is absolutely GORGEOUS, the accommodations (chalets/rooms in the main building) are beautiful and fun. We had 70 guests and 2 ceremonies: an Indian ceremony on Sunday night in the Jewel chalet with a tent set up right in front, which ended up being open (no walls) as we had such a perfect weather, a Western ceremony on the grass at the knoll with the beautiful lake and mountains in the back, and reception in the barn.

We had a great experience, MTI made it look super easy - they are used to having weddings and a lot of thoughts have been put into any aspects that you can't even think of to make the big day is perfect. We had great weather but even the backup rain location would have been nice with view on the lake and mountains. Our MTI venue coordinator was Chelsea and she was professional, responsive and effective. Our skills at organizing are not the best and it was a relief to be in such capable hands taking care of all the logistics. We used mainly vendors that were already familiar with the venue and all had great reviews:

- Idena Beach Photography for photos/videos - a top notch experience with talented photographers and great people! (Idena & Mike) - see separate review

- Top Hat Entertainment for music (ceremony and reception) and lights (reception). They were eager to play the music we gave them which included French and Indian songs

- Meadows Edge Floral (MTI on site florist/decorator) - Gayle was great to work with and eager to customize decoration, she made beautiful arrangements that would last both ceremonies
    Other vendors that were great to work w/:Vermont Tent Co, MTI caterer (main reception), Guru the Caterer (indian welcome food).

Thanks MTI for the great venue!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Lauren · Married on 08/27/2017

We were married August 27, 2017 at Mountain Top Inn and could not be happier with our choice of venue. The weather cooperated all weekend giving us the MOST BEAUTIFUL backdrop to our ceremony. Everything went off without a hitch, thanks to our coordinator Caitlin. Booking this venue 17 months in advance gave a long grace period for planning. We were in contact with Caitlin the entire time. She gracefully and promptly answered all questions via email, provided suggestions, and was willing to meet multiple times through the entire process when we made trips from MA to VT. We look forward to making visits for anniversaries, ski weekends, and even just because it's so beautiful at all times of year! Thank you MTI staff for the best weekend!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Leah · Married on 07/22/2017

The Mountain Top Inn and Resort was the most perfect venue for my wedding. It was the perfect amount of rustic and elegance which is exactly what my husband and I were looking for. We had our rehearsal dinner/welcome party at the Beach Pavilion. It was a beautiful night for the rehearsal dinner and MTI even provided a campfire where our guests could make s'mores at the end of the night. During the day of our wedding, there were many activities for guests to partake in (such as horseback riding, pontoon boating, kayaking, canoeing, clay shooting, etc.). We had our ceremony at the knoll which was BEAUTIFUL. The mountain views were specular from all angles. We then had our reception in the barn. The barn was newly built and had a good amount of space for the number of guests we invited. The MTI staff were very helpful and supportive. They were always checking in and making sure everything was running smoothly. We highly recommend MTI for a wedding venue!!!!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Molly · Married on 07/15/2017

The Mountain Top Inn & Resort did an amazing job hosting our wedding! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding weekend! The landscape, accommodations, staff and everything else were all amazing. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for a wedding. Our guests are still talking about how much they loved the venue and how much fun they had that weekend. Thanks Mountain Top Inn!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Marissa · Married on 06/29/2017

We had our wedding at MTI on 6.29.17 and couldn't ask for a better day (rain and all). Our wedding coordinator Chelsea was so helpful up to the wedding and made our wedding day run so smooth. I have never been to a wedding were The coordinator goes to every table and makes sure everything is okay. The staff, especially our bartender, was so professional and they really know how to make your day feel spectacular. We can't wait to attend a wedding there in September!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Ethan · Married on 06/03/2017

We picked Mountain Top for our wedding and it was as beautiful and perfect as every picture you see. This resort was made for weddings. The area is beautiful, the mountains green, (or white, if you are there in winter), the water blue, the air crisp. It’s a small paradise hidden in Vermont. The staff is efficient and friendly and know how to host a wedding. Our wedding coordinator was responsive and helpful and walked us through all the aspects of the wedding. Everyone was accommodating and helped us with every question we had. We were making changes up to the last week and they handled it easily and kindly. Without a doubt, I could not think of a better place to get married, and our wedding was perfect. It was so great that our guests could stay right on the resort and have lots of fun activities to do to stay entertained.

Sent on 07/08/2017

kathryn · Married on 05/20/2017

We could not have been happier with our entire wedding experience. The location of The Mountain Top Inn alone guarantees a beautiful wedding, but the entire team of staff at the venue just elevates things to a whole other level. From the start of the planning process, through the entire wedding, the Mountain Top Inn staff (especially our amazing wedding coordinator Chelsea) was there every step of the way to ensure our wedding would be the best day of our lives. Myself and my bridesmaids also had our makeup done by Brittany of the Mountain Top Inn Spa, and all of us were so so happy with our makeup. The Mountain Top Inn is full of a team of true professionals and we 100% without hesitation would recommend it for a wedding any time of the year.

Sent on 06/08/2017