The Menger Hotel Reviews

The Menger Hotel 6
The Menger Hotel 7

Chris Townsend · Getting married on 02/22/2020

Outstanding service

All my experiences at the Menger have been wonderful. My fiancé and I enjoy going there so much we booked our wedding ceremony/reception there. Everyone that works there have always gone above/ beyond in customer service when dealing with them. Highly recommend. Zara ( catering) and Monica (lodging) have made the planning for the wedding a joy. Look forward to a memorable experience for all.

Sent on 09/24/2019

The Menger Hotel's reply:

We are looking forward to serve you!
    Zarelda Marrero
    Wedding planning, CTA.
    Catering Director
    Menger Hotel

Lené De Leon · Married on 10/19/2019

So far so good!

We have been working with Zarelda for our upcoming wedding and she has been a dream to work with. She has been attentive and making sure that we are very happy with the services and choices we have made to ensure we have our dream wedding.

Sent on 03/29/2019

John · Married on 06/01/2019

Groom at a wedding!

The staff and everyone at the hotel was awesome and triply cared for making my special day really special. From the catering manager (Zara Moreno) whom showed up on the day to make sure it went without a hitch, to the banquet captain (Hector Solis) who went above and beyond to get my cousin with food allergies some food she could eat. All of the staff was attentive and helpful though out the whole experience. I would highly recommend this hotel for any such wedding event you could imagine there.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Janelle

Janelle · Married on 11/17/2018

Fairytales do come true

All I can say is AMAZING! Picking a wedding venue can be stressful and often times I feel brides sacrifice some of the things they may really want because of cost or a venue not being able to provide. I can honestly say my wedding was everything I wanted and more. Zara, Hector and staff ensured that all of my needs and wants were met and exceeded. I truly felt like I was a member of family not like a customer arranging a wedding. They were flexible, extremely accommodating, and just so much fun to work with. I am already positive that I want to renew my vows at The Menger where it all began. The ceremony was held in the Minuet room and my reception in the ballroom. Everything was smooth and even when I was bridezila the staff were patient with me and doing all they could to help me. I wish words were enough to describe how much i appreciate The Menger.

Sent on 12/28/2018
    The Menger Hotel 8

The Menger Hotel's reply:

Thank you Janelle for sharing your comments. Planing a long distance wedding it is not easy, but we make happened.
    It was a pleasure to work with you...
    Kind regards,
    Zarelda Marrero
    Catering Director
    Menger Hotel

Greg · Married on 03/10/2018

The history and character of the hotel is why we chose this venue. The staff was very attentive and the food was great. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/21/2018

Misty · Married on 09/16/2017

We had the rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception at the Menger and it was amazing! The hotel provides the catering and we received sooooo many compliments on the food. If you do decide to do the rehearsal dinner at the Menger, the bread pudding and Mango ice cream are to die for! We had our ceremony in the Minuet room and the old school charm made the ceremony feel intimate. The reception was held in the Ballroom and the atmosphere and grandeur of the Ballroom impressed all our guests. Zara in Sales is amazing! She helped us arrange lighting and rentals for the ceremony and reception. She was also a great help when I took my bridal photos at the hotel. The Banquet staff was amazing and they were so helpful during the reception. They even helped advise my husband and I on how to cut the cake! Monika Vega helped us arrange a block of rooms for our guests and helped us get a very good rate. All in all, our guests lived the hotel.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Doris · Married on 03/11/2017

The incomparable charm of this historic hotel and its environs are only matched by the incredibly supportive staff. I would use this venue again for another occasion.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Steven · Married on 06/25/2016

I think that I would say "nothing is impossible". The exact request might not be able to be accommodated, however the staff at The Menger will do their best to accommodate. Zara and the entire staff were FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Lia · Married on 10/05/2013

Marcia in sales was great, and we got a complimentary suite and parking passes. We picked this hotel because of its character and how it was so uniquely San Antonio. My guests loved it. Plus, they were really flexible with last minute changes, and for that and many other reasons (not a chain; still privately owned, the awesome bar, the AMAZING spa), I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Eric Kraus ·

Wedding Experience at the Menger Hotel

Our Wedding on Sept 21, 2019 in the Menger Hotel Garden and Renaissance room was a total success. The hotel's events manager Zarelda working in conjunction with our wedding advisor David Alvarado made the entire experience a memory we and our guests will always remember.
    Eric and Laura Kraus

Sent on 10/15/2019
    The Menger Hotel 9
    The Menger Hotel 10
    The Menger Hotel 11

Mercedes · Married on 11/18/2017

If you're looking for an elegant, historic, fun and naturally beautiful venue to host your wedding - look no further! The Menger team met all my needs and expectations, plus more. The communication was excellent and they treat you, your soon to be spouse and guests with the utmost professionalism and service. Since our first tour of the Grand Ballroom, Minuet room and Renaissance room we knew that we could have our cake and eat it too! Thank you Menger Hotel for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 01/19/2018
    The Menger Hotel 12
    The Menger Hotel 13
    The Menger Hotel 14
    The Menger Hotel 15

Michelle · Married on 05/23/2009

4.2

We had our reception at the Menger hotel and it was the perfect location. Basically we had our destination wedding in San Antonio, so almost all our family and friends stayed here which was great. The hotel even gave us a discount on blocked rooms. The ballrooms were nice and spacious and the food was terrific. The ballroom specialist/coordinator was a bit hard to get a hold of and she was not present the day of the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly, but all in all i had no complaints. It turned out beautiful!

Sent on 06/10/2009

Kayla · Married on 03/14/2009

3.8
      3.5

I was actually suppose to get married at the Wedding Island on the Riverwalk but the day before I found out it was suppose to rain so thankfully the Menger hotel was very helpful and could provide us with a venue at the last minute. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 12/20/2009