The Mansion at Oyster Bay Reviews

73 Reviews for The Mansion at Oyster Bay

• Sarah

Sarah Beling · Married on 02/12/2020

Incredible experience!

We were married on December 14th and are still reliving the magic of The Mansion at Oyster Bay--working with them was the BEST decision we made in our wedding planning! From start to finish, Emily and the team at Oyster Bay were incredibly organized, kind and thoughtful. They were also incredibly transparent in their pricing and communication of all costs involved, which was much appreciated in our financial planning!! Emily and team were always available to answer questions and make helpful suggestions to make our day smooth and stress free. On the day of we didn't need to worry about any logistics, which allowed us to truly be present and enjoy the day--Emily, Mike (our Maître D), and Stephanie (our bridal attendant) thought of everything down to making us a plate of our (delicious!) cocktail hour food to enjoy together before rejoining our guests. And while we're on food--the cocktail hour and dinner food offerings at Oyster Bay are spectacular! There is so much variety and it is easy to offer something delicious for everyone--our guests were raving about everything for days afterward! Oyster Bay also works with and provides a delicious cake from local bakery Dortoni's, which was absolutely divine. Oyster Bay worked seamlessly with every one of our vendors and ensured that everything looked, tasted, and sounded incredible. We are so happy and would recommend that anyone in need of a wedding venue contact The Mansion at Oyster Bay!

Sent on 12/22/2019
  • Julia

Julia Mule · Married on 01/24/2020

An Unforgettable Wedding

I don't even know where to begin. The Mansion at Oyster Bay was the only venue we saw and we were in love with it from the moment we walked in the door. It is so beautiful and welcoming and the staff is even more welcoming. We first met with Gary, who gave us our initial tour. Gary is a true professional in every sense of the word. He worked with us every step of the way and clearly cares about making sure you will have an incredible wedding. I also worked with Emily, when I had questions, who was always so helpful and quick to respond to anything.
    Now to the wedding day, I imagined it was going to go perfect but it truly exceeded all of our expectations. Our Maitre D was Michael and Natalie was our bridal attendant. Michael was so incredible to work with, always very calm and really made the night go so smoothly. He truly made sure every aspect went according to plan and that we were always taken care of. Natalie was an absolute angel. She held my train basically all day, got me anything I needed, took care of our 18 person bridal party and made it look so easy!! She even took such beautiful pictures of us which she sent to me afterwards. I will never forget her or any of the staff. Every guest said the food was absolutely amazing and it WAS!! I will also never forget those mini cheeseburgers. Do yourself a favor and book The Manson at Oyster Bay for your wedding or any event. They truly are worth it. I will definitely have them, or any Lessing's venue, in mind for our future events.

Sent on 01/28/2020
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 10/05/2019

Absolutely amazing!

The Mansion at Oyster Bay exceeded our expectations in all aspects! We had guests complimenting everything from the beautiful scenery on the driveway leading up, to the gorgeous woodwork in the mansion. Our outdoor ceremony was beautiful! The food was so great that I cannot put it into words. We had guests who are chefs at other vendors make it a point to tell us that our wedding was the most delicious food they've ever had. We were able to visit the location multiple times before our wedding day to get the best visualization of where everything would be (photobooth, tables, DJ, etc). Emily (our coordinator) was prompt and knowledgeable from the first day we met. She answered emails almost immediately. When she was not completely sure about something she consulted her colleagues and got us all of the information we needed. Natalie was my attendant the day of our wedding. She was personable and sweet and had anything I needed every time I turned around. Our maitr'd was changed midway through planning, which made us nervous at first. However, Mike was unbelievable. He was eager to please us, our families and our guests. He coordinated all of our different vendors - floral setup, two photographers, two videographers, one drone, string quartet, DJ, ice sculpture setup, photobooth, cigar roller, scotch bar - I don't think that all of our ideas would have ran so smoothly without Mike's skills. I cannot say enough how much I loved our day and how amazing it was to work with The Mansion at Oyster Bay.

Sent on 12/27/2019

Jenna · Married on 08/10/2019

Beautiful and personalized experience

My husband and I got married at the Mansion at Oyster Bay in August 2019 and we are nothing but thrilled with the entire process. We signed our contract with Gary, who told us the mansion was ours for the day and we can do whatever we want to make our day special and personalized. I thought planning a wedding from Pennsylvania was going to be tough, but Gary made it seamless. He was nothing but accommodating and had us so confident in our venue choice. Every time we spoke, he made us feel like we were the only wedding being planned. We were taken care of and did not have to worry about anything.

Even three weeks after our wedding, we still have guests calling us and saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to. They are also still raving about the delicious food that was served during the cocktail hour and dinner. Every portion of the evening ran so smoothly which made Andy and I enjoy the day to its fullest. The Mansion is beautiful.. we were able to use a different space for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and afterparty, which kept the day interesting and fun for our guests. Mike, our Maitre d’, was experienced, skilled, and fantastic. He organized our 22 person wedding party for the ceremony, set up the Mansion to our request and above our expectations, and was in constant communication with us, the waiting staff, our vendors, etc. Our bridal attendant, Rebecca, was also the sweetest and most helpful attendant I could’ve asked for. She helped me with everything from putting my veil on, bustling my dress, refilling my “hers” cocktail, and running to grab and help me change into my dancing shoes while I was eating!! We were ushered into the bridal suite immediately after the ceremony by Rebecca and Mike, and there were several plates of the food from the cocktail hour. We were able to have some alone time and sample the cocktail hour food before we met all of our guests! Mike and Rebecca were there for us at any given moment, and always made sure we had what we needed, and that we were happy!

I can’t express enough how smooth the day was thanks to the staff. They are all very experienced and do their job so well that we were able to just relax and take in every moment.

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Azadeh

Azadeh · Married on 06/30/2019

Brilliant, Perfect, Divine

Every wedding is beautiful but our wedding at The Mansion at Oyster Bay on June 23 was remarkable. Gary is a wonderful human being, and extremely good at what he does. His assistant Emily is lovely to work with and was helpful throughout the entirety of the wedding planning process. And the day of --- what a special day it was with the support of Luis, our brilliant Maître d'who orchestrated every detail with a calm demeanor, rendering great success. He is as personable as he is knowledgable, and helped cultivate an evening of great joy. Rebecca, the beautiful bridal attendant was by my side the entire day ( a fellow teacher -- which explains her huge heart) -- ensuring I had every tangible thing I needed (advil, a proper bustle for my dress, water, tequila), and all the emotional support I so appreciated. The Venue is divine -- as my husband and I were given such glaring reviews about the cozy yet elegant nature of The Mansion by our guests. Words can not yield justice to all of the amazing staff who contributed their exceedingly knowledgable and gregarious efforts to creating the most flawless wedding day possible. The beauty of the grounds, the warmth of the Mansion, the kindness of each and every staff member, bartender, server, and higher up makes you feel as if you are not only supported, but you are being celebrated. Our hearts are grateful that we found the Mansion at Oyster Bay and will continue to sing its praises. The Venue embraced our Persian Cultural requests and was open and successfully accommodated our Deaf guests in attendance, ensuring that they had full accessibility. At one point, Luis mediated a last minute issue with our DJ promoting calm and demonstrating that his personality is perfect for the job that he does. The staff was also smiling the whole evening -- making us feel like they were part of our special day. A million thanks to Gary, Emily, Luis, Rebecca and the entire staff at The Mansion at Oyster Bay. You are forever etched as part of hearts and we are gleaming with gratitude.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Colleen

Colleen Bode · Married on 06/28/2019

Amazing!

From start to finish, the staff at the Mansion were exceptional. My mom and I are big planners, and they supported every idea and implemented it to perfection. I cannot say enough good things about Emily and Luis. They were patient, kind, and did everything possible to facilitate the perfect day. My bridal attendant was an angel and was there whenever I needed her, always behind the scenes. The food is amazing, the venue is beautiful and my family/friends cannot stop talking about how much fun they had. Thank you so much for everything! If you are thinking about booking your wedding at the Mansion at Oyster Bay, do it!!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Anna · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing venue - you need to have your wedding here!!

Gary, Luis, and the entire staff at the Mansion helped to make our June wedding the most amazing day of our lives. From our first meeting all the way to our after party, everyone was very professional, knowledgeable, warm, and inviting! Everyone wanted to make sure we were happy with every choice made, and it was such a wonderful and memorable experience. Everyone raved about the food - so many options, everything was delicious and fresh! We have two big Italian families who are very picky about food and the team was more than accommodating and exceeded our expectations x 1000! I also have a severe food allergy and they went above and beyond to make sure I could eat safely at my wedding without worry. It really meant a lot to me! We cannot recommend the Mansion enough - it is an absolute must for your wedding and you will be so happy you had it here!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Lisa · Married on 03/23/2019

Our wedding was incredible!

I can't adequately put into words how happy we are with our decision to host our wedding reception at The Mansion at Oyster Bay. Obviously the building and grounds are beautiful and have so many fantastic backdrops for pictures. Seeing how Lessing's has invested in the mansion since taking over management is really fantastic (pull up pictures of The Woodlands to see for yourself)!

We'd been to events at other Lessing's venues before and were confident that we'd be in good hands at The Mansion at Oyster Bay. What we didn't know when we first walked in was just how wonderful it would be to work with Gary, Emily, Luis, and Natalie throughout the entire process, from the moment we walked in the door for our initial tour to days after the wedding (when we returned yet again to pick up an envelope that was left behind). We were always confident that we were in good hands, always felt like we were being put on a pedestal for our special day, and ultimately had a fantastic wedding! I've run corporate events before, so I have an idea of what goes on behind the scenes for a large event like this, and Luis and Natalie were on their game all night. They were right there when we needed them, sometimes before we even knew we needed them, and helped when some unexpected hiccups popped up during the night.

The entire staff and The Mansion at Oyster Bay helped make our wedding perfect. We're only a week post-wedding and we've received so many compliments on the venue, the food, the staff, etc. Our only wish is that we can come back as a guest for someone else's wedding!

Sent on 04/01/2019

Stephanie Gallery · Married on 01/12/2019

A perfect wedding

The Mansion at Ouster Bay is where you NEED to get married. Our Dec 1st wedding was flawless and we've been hearing non stop that the food, decor, and most importantly, service, was superb. The venue truly speaks for itself in regards to charm and beauty. Gary and Emily worked with us to get the day planned, providing us all of the details we needed to feel comfortable. We were planning from out of state and their response time to emails and calls was fast.

But the day of team was really what shined. After our walk through the day before with Michael, our maître d', we knew we were in the best possible plans. He even stayed late after a wedding the night before to make sure all of our decorations were set up by 9am the next morning when we arrived. Natalie was our bridal attendant and she was attentive, fun, friendly -- I felt like she could have thrown on a bridesmaids dress and jumped in! She is also an expert at bustling gowns.

Our food was a standout. All of our guests commented on the crab cakes and the chicken in puff pastry with risotto for dinner. Dortonis made our cake which was spectacular as well.

Overall, we couldn't have asked for a better day. The staff was professional, fun, and felt like family. Love to Mike and Natalie - we'll see you when we come for an anniversary dinner next December.

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Michele

Michele Kelly Grieco · Married on 11/23/2018

You should definitely book your wedding here!

My husband and I had an exceptional experience at Mansion at Oyster Bay. Gary was our banquet manager, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. On a side note, we switched our wedding reception venue 4 weeks before we were suppose to get married (our previous vendor told us that we would be their last wedding and could not guarantee that it would be fully staffed). Despite only having 4 weeks to have all the details in order, Gary went above and beyond to make our special day flawless. He was really organized and was meticulous in regards to the details involving the wedding. Luis was our maitre’ d who was also great. Luis promptly provided us with drinks throughout the evening, brought us food from the cocktail hour in the bridal suite before we greeted our guests (yes we actually ate at our wedding), and helped add a plate to a table at the last minute (because my dad’s cousin’s wife decided to come last minute lol). Natalie was my bridal attendant and was amazing. She helped me bustle my dress with safety pins once my prefabricated bustle did not hold, and she was very attentive anytime I needed food or drinks throughout the night. The food was fantastic and the wooden floors of the main hall allowed for a limitless dance floor. The venue has many great areas to take awesome wedding photos such as an elegant staircase and charming fireplaces. I have nothing bad to say about this wedding reception venue. You should definitely book your wedding here!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Jennifer McGowan · Married on 10/05/2018

Amazing Venue, Amazing Staff, Amazing Day

My husband and I were so impressed with how our daughter's wedding day went from beginning to end. Gary was amazing; every time we met with him he was kind, knowledgeable and professional but what impressed me and my husband was the caring way he handled every detail as if our daughter was one of his family members. Louise made the day flow so smoothly and the best part was he handled everything with such ease and made sure all we had to do was enjoy the day worry free. Natalie was an angel; my daughter said she was always there for her and her husband and made them feel like royalty. Jonathan was incredible; I don't know how he did it but he seem to always appear at the very moment you needed something as if he could read your mind. Your chef and his team made the most incredible, delicious, mouth watering dishes and the way they were presented were elegantly done. The waiters, waitresses, bartenders and bathroom attendants were terrific and their five star service completed the most elegant wedding we could have ever dreamed of giving our daughter. I had so many calls and texts the next day from family and friends telling us how great our daughter's wedding was and complementing the venue and the staff. They talked about the delicious food, the amazing waiters, waitresses and bartenders, the beauty of The Mansion at Oyster Bay and for me the best was they all ended the call or text with our daughter's wedding was the best wedding they have ever attended. My cousin was so impressed she told me that when her daughter gets older and its time to book her wedding she will be booking The Mansion at Oyster Bay. Our daughter's wedding day was even better than we had ever dreamed.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Tara · Married on 09/29/2018

My wife and I got married at the Mansion at Oyster Bay on 9/29/18. We could not be more elated with how everything went. Our guests are still raving about the amazing food, the ambiance and the professional and helpful staff. Many guests commented that the food was the best they had ever had at a wedding, and one said it was the best food he had ever had in his whole life. Not only was the wedding itself everything we had hoped for, but our entire experience with the Mansion was great.

When we first saw the place, we were struck by its elegance and knew it was where we wanted to get married. It was by far the best place we had seen and we also felt the price was reasonable - it was less expensive than other places we had looked at and much nicer. Our only slight reservation was that it's on a golf course, and we were concerned that golfers would be in close proximity to our wedding ceremony, which was outdoors. However, everything else about the place was so perfect that we decided not to let that deter us. We definitely made the right decision. If you're worried about the golfers, don't be - you won't even notice them.

We love this place so much we plan on coming back for our anniversary and any other events we may have in the future. If you're looking for a classy, elegant wedding experience, this is your place.

Thanks again to Gary, Emily, Luis, and Erica for a wonderful event! You exceeded our expectations!

(This is a shortened version of our review due to this website's character limits - you can find the full review on Google.)

Sent on 10/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/07/2018

From the moment my fiance and I met with Gary, we knew immediately The Mansion at OB was perfect. Gary was more than accommodating & we felt like we knew him for years. He was truly caring and patient and made the entire experience an absolute breeze. We got married on Sept 7th, 2018 & it was a night that we will never forget!! Our Maitre D Louise was INCREDIBLE. Our guests are still talking about how professional he was!! He ran the entire show & nothing skipped a beat!! He was there when you needed him & invisible when you didn't. My bridal attendant Natalie was amazing. She was by my side but also out of sight (in a good way!) the entire time and she was fixing my dress or getting me a drink before I even thought about it. Not only did she help me all day/night but my bridesmaids felt like she was there to help them as well. She even sprinted & jumped over a bush to grab my flower girls headpiece seconds before we were to be introduced! Our guests are still raving over the food and especially the service. They could not believe how attentive & efficient the entire staff was!!! Everyone was amazed with the amount of cocktail hour food and how smooth the entire night went. I could not have asked for a better experience! The most memorable night of our lives & the entire staff at The Mansion at OB made it happen flawlessly!!

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • W

wendy · Married on 08/24/2018

Our son just got married last Friday night and the wedding was a masterpiece. It was an evening filled with magic. This venue was the best we have experience. The staff were passionate, professional and extremely attentive to every detail, they must love what they are doing and it shows. The invaluable advice from Gary and Emily from the beginning made everything seem so easy. Gary seemed to understand exactly what we wanted and he made it happen. Luis, the banquet manager, insured that the entire night flowed flawlessly. Rebecca, the bridal attendant, was incredibly intuitive and lovely. They worked so hard and were so focused. Everyone was so lovely and nice, they couldn't do enough for you. All my friends and family loved it. All the food was absolutely delicious too. We would highly recommend The Mansion.

Sent on 08/26/2018

John · Married on 07/28/2018

I generally do not do ratings however because reading other customers reviews were so helpful to us in finding the right venue and vendors I feel obligated to give this important review. The Mansion at Oyster Bay receives our highest rating and I wish there was actually a higher review we could give!!! We had our ceremony and reception there this past July. The entire staff, especially Gary, Luis our Maître D and Erica our Bridal Attendant were extraordinary and truly made our wedding perfect! With so many venues out there, the decision to select one can be very difficult. Is the food going to be good? Are the staff well trained and capable of executing one of the most important days ever? Well we can say without question, they nailed it and I would like to elaborate some more. The Mansion has been recently renovated. You can see that they have invested a great deal into improving it without destroying the historic, old charm of the place. From our first contact, through the entire process Gary was the consummate professional and host. I believe he has been in this type of business for 40+ years and it clearly shows. We planned a non-traditional style reception and honestly it could have never went well if it was for Gary's flexibility, attentiveness and expertise. You can tell he loves what he does and truly cares about giving you the best for your event. We had many outside vendors and Gary worked well with all of them, another really important factor. On wedding day, you will quickly realize that the next group of people equally important to your day are the staff led by Louis (Maître D) and Erika (Bridal Attendant). They both deserve a special thanks and appreciation for the fantastic job they did and again how they were so committed to ensuring the best day for us!!! With so many details, nuances and things you don't realize need attention they handled with perfection. They were the all-stars! You won't be disappointed with the Mansion! 5++++!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Anastasia · Married on 03/03/2018

My husband and I had our wedding on March 3rd, 2018 and it was perfect, as promised. Since the first day we visited this venue and met with our main contact, Gary, we knew this would be the place we would have our wedding. Early on our research we discovered negative reviews that were based on previous ownership, but all those reviews did not become a factor in our decision once we met Gary and saw The Mansion.

Gary was our point of contact throughout the entire process, he was very attentive to our needs, responded promptly to any questions via text, always available, and always assured us that everything would be perfect. As my husband and I did not get married before we went with his suggestions for all our vendors, who turned out to be great; we highly recommend the in-house vendors. Long story short, Gary played a huge part in our decision, but The Mansion is a special and beautiful place!!! It has a Gatsby feel to it that makes it even more glamorous.

On the day of our wedding everything went better than expected. The venue was setup better than we anticipated, the entire staff was attentive; and believe us we had a lot of details we wanted throughout The Mansion. Our Maitre'D Luis, Bridal Attendant Erica, and staff went beyond what we expected. They made sure we didn't need anything and that we stuck to our timeline; they even made sure our parents were okay at all times.

In conclusion, this was a very special day for us and we are glad we went with this venue but what makes it more amazing is the staff that runs it.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Kathryn · Married on 02/24/2018

-My husband and I just had our wedding on February 24th at the Mansion at Oyster Bay and we both feel so excited and happy that it was so outstanding. Leading up to the wedding we had seamless help and guidance from the director there, Gary. Not only was he a pleasure to work with, but he had such a great idea of what would work and how we could implement our vision that we felt completely at ease during the whole planning process. Gary is the best and you are in great hands with him. Every possible thing you could think that might have needed to be done, was done well in advance so I had no worries the day of.
    -The wedding itself went seamlessly and we had the best time. Our Bridal attendant Erica and Maître D’ Dmitri were both fantastic and anticipated our every need. Erica had the perfect touch and knew just what I needed before I even knew I needed it. She is also so sweet and was a pleasure to share my important day with. Erica and Dmitri organized the ceremony and reception perfectly. Dmitri was awesome and kept my husband well taken care of all day.
    -The Mansion at Oyster Bay is beautiful and I am so happy we chose it for our wedding. The food was amazing and it was the perfect space for dancing. There is also an outside area that we were lucky enough to make use of even though it was February. Any newly engaged couples should head there if you want a stress free wedding!

Sent on 03/14/2018

Kaitlin · Married on 11/11/2017

Having my wedding at the Mansion at Oyster Bay on 11/11/17 was one of the best decisions I had made. The planning ran so smoothly thanks to Matthew and the wedding day was amazing and went on without any issues thanks again to Matthew (he was my Maître D as well!) and Erica (my bridal attendant). From the beginning Matthew made this experience one of the best I could have asked for. He was very easy going and knowledgeable about everything! Any questions I ever had for him were quickly responded to and answered. There were renovations going on throughout the planning of my wedding and he was great at keeping us informed and also allowing us to stop by a few times to see what was going on. When it came to the food tasting I was so ecstatic. We had a nice table set up outside on the patio and all the food was amazing, making me look forward to my big day even more. The chef even made us an extra dish to try out which we quickly added to our cocktail hour as a station, so delicious!

When my wedding day came, everything was set up everything exactly as we indicated, and the personal touches throughout the mansion were a beautiful surprise. Matthew and Erica were always there when I needed them. There was no searching for where they were, they almost knew right away when a drink was needed or a question was being asked! Erica set up an amazing display of our cocktail hour food in the bridal suite so that my husband and I were able to try everything and enjoy it before joining our cocktail hour. During the evening she was also a savior when my bustle broke and she pinned it all back for me on a few occasions!

The Mansion at Oyster Bay was truly amazing. My guests are still raving about the food, atmosphere, and service 2 months later. I would suggest any bride looking for a mansion wedding to choose The Mansion at Oyster Bay. It was the wedding of my dreams thanks to these amazing people!

Sent on 01/15/2018

Our daughter was married on June 26, 2016 at the Woodlands and we could not be happier about having selected this venue. Everyone raved about the food be it the cocktail hour , the dinner, or the Viennese table. The service was great! If you asked for something, you got it. Probably the best aspect of having the affair there was our guests were able to enjoy the beautiful spaces inside and out of the building - they weren't stuck in one room.

Sent on 06/27/2016

The Mansion at Oyster Bay's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed this wonderful day, thank you for sticking by our side!

Lydia · Married on 12/12/2015

I had my wedding at The Woodlands this past Saturday 12/12. I was by far the most amazing day I could have ever imagined. From the moment my husband and I saw the Woodlands, we knew this was the only place for our wedding. With all of the fireplaces and the intimate setting, since you are the only event happening at the time, it was the perfect spot for a winter wedding. Since our day wound up being 60 degrees, the day of, we were asked if we wanted to move half of our cocktail hour outside on the patio with the fire heaters. It was the best decision and all of our guests loved it! We had the grand doors on the dance floor open all night leading out to the other patio where there were more fire pits. Everyone at the Woodlands was more than accommodating. My bridal attendant Erika was AMAZING. From brushing the hair off my face to putting a drink in my hand, she made our day that much more special and perfect. She was always around and worked her butt off. She decorated the mansion exactly how I had asked and went above and beyond for me. The maitre d, Luis, was just as amazing. From our first meeting to picking out the menu and finalizing everything, he bent over backwards for us and helped the show run so smoothly, and I am not always the easiest to please. Our guests raved about the food, the grounds, the location, and the staff. I cannot say enough wonderful things about The Woodlands!

Sent on 12/17/2015
  • I

Irene · Married on 11/21/2015

My husband and I had our wedding at the Woodlands on 11/21/2015 and we were extremely pleased with the services!

All of our guests complimented us on the food served at the wedding (especially the cocktail hour and dinner). Some even told us it was the best cocktail hour they ever had! The venue itself was beautifully put together, warm and inviting. I had a lot of personal touches I planned myself, and gave the staff at the Woodlands all the items with instructions on how to put them together. They executed my requests perfectly and without complaint.

Our Maitre'D Louis and Bridal Attendant Erika made sure everything went smoothly, and were always available to make sure we had everything we needed.

All in all, the Woodlands was a beautiful and unique venue, with lovely food. Our wedding was exactly how we imagined!

Sent on 12/21/2015

JENNA · Married on 03/07/2015

I have to say the Woodlands staff were outstanding and extremely accommodating. From the moment we signed the contract they were attentive to all my concerns and made sure we were 100% happy with everything. We met with the chef Mirvin, and he designed a menu to fit our preferences. We had 2 tastings because of my concerns and then a 3rd to finalize everything. My guests raved about the food and service. Thanks Debi, Abhi, Mirvin, Steve, and Erica for making our day so special. You did an awesoe job!

Sent on 03/09/2015

Jenn · Married on 10/12/2014

Don't even think twice about it... The Woodlands is an extraordinarily beautiful and romantic venue that offers warmth and beauty like no other venue on the Island.

In addition to the grounds and the mansion itself, the team at the Woodlands is beyond amazing. From our initial meeting with Debbie, to the food tasting and planning with Maria and Dave, to the day of with Iris, Ramone, Marvine and the rest of the staff, our experience was full of happiness, ease and sheer joy. Our friends and family raved about the outside patio space where heated lamps kept them warm and the phenomenal food that perfectly reflected our two cultures and tastes. The attention to detail at our wedding was impecable and the reception was flawless.

We can't thank them enough for everything and we look forward to celebrating our 1 year anniversary there!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Meghan · Married on 10/10/2014

Our wedding was perfect because of The Woodlands. There is nowhere else like it! My guests were so impressed with this unique and beautiful venue. The staff is superb and the food was amazing!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Leah · Married on 09/14/2014

The Woodlands at Woodbury is Long Island's Best Kept Secret for the Perfect Wedding! Our wedding was easily, by far, the best day of our lives, thanks in no small part to the Woodlands at Woodbury. From the moment my now-husband and I walked onto the grounds, we knew the Woodlands was special. The Woodlands was intimate, beautiful and rich in history, with staff that went above and beyond, to not only welcome us, but make us feel at home.

The estate and gorgeous greenery of the Woodlands' grounds far surpassed any wedding fantasy I had; growing up on Long Island, I dreamed of a waterfront wedding but the Woodlands was romantic, elegant, and spoke more to me than anything else I could have dared imagine. Debi, Dave, Raymond, Erica and Gerard were charming and attentive, and Marvin, the executive chef, is a culinary talent beyond measure.

Our guests have raved about the food, which we have repeatedly been told was "the best" ever served at a wedding (and not "typical wedding food,") as well as the flowers and the music, all provided by the Woodlands' house vendors (Black Dahlia and Then Til Now).

One of the best aspects of the Woodlands was that they have only one event at a time - the entirety of the estate and the grounds belonged to my husband and I on our wedding day and we were even encouraged to make it our home. The Woodlands invited us to bring in family pictures which they carefully placed on the mantle and in the various rooms, making it home. The Woodlands will always have a special place in our hearts for the romance it provided on our special day.

I encourage any couple looking to celebrate their love to visit the Woodlands. You won't want to leave.

Sent on 09/29/2014