The Mansion at Colovista Reviews

The Mansion at Colovista 7
  • Inez

Inez · Married on 12/31/2018

Best wedding venue in Bastrop and Lee Counties

We just had our wedding for NYE at the mansion. The staff awesome to work with. Julie is the best and is always available to assist with suggestions on making your day the best. Her husband rounds out an excellent team. They were so accommodating. My guest were so impressed with the mansion and the grounds. The views at sunset are amazing!

Sent on 01/02/2019
    The Mansion at Colovista 8
    The Mansion at Colovista 9
    The Mansion at Colovista 10

The Mansion at Colovista's reply:

What a fabulous family! Thank you for your review and amazing night on NYE! You made some incredible memories for years to come!

B · Married on 03/24/2018

Just had my wedding here last month. It went far beyond my expectations. We had the mansion for the rehearsal dinner and wedding and rented the cottages for the before/after celebrations. The entire weekend was spectacular and none of my friends and family can stop talking about it. Amazing grounds, reasonable pricing, and managers who help with everything to make your day special create a beautiful experience for your wedding. I expect we will rent it out for special occasion events in the future.

Sent on 04/13/2018

The Mansion at Colovista's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We had so much fun getting to know you and your family. You two light up the room together with your joy. We wish all the happiness in the world.

lertisha · Married on 12/29/2017

Thank you so much Ms Julie and Mr Bobby Browne! I got married at The Mansion on December 29, 2017! Everything went perfectly and looked like a fairytale! I am very happy and Wes loved it too. We really connected with the Brownes because they are awesome Christians and people. They were so understanding and the whole team worked hard to make our day special. The price includes engagement photo shoot, rehearsal time, 12 hours for the venue on the wedding day and everything in the mansion you can use. Mr Bobby also provided the alcohol for our wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone that wants a elegant wedding. It is so beautiful. Thank you Colo Vista. Love you all, Lertisha Chancler!

Sent on 01/19/2018
    The Mansion at Colovista 18
    The Mansion at Colovista 19
    The Mansion at Colovista 20

Lertisha,
    It was a joy being apart of preparing for your memorable day. You are a very special couple and I wish the very best for both of you.

Tammy · Married on 12/02/2017

My daughter just got married last weekend at the Mansion in ColoVista. Our wedding was planned to be inside since it was a Dec. 2, 2017 wedding. We were able to take it outdoors with the gorgeous weather and made it even more special. We did our rehearsal, brunch, and wedding all there. My daughter and son in law wanted to find the Venue that would give them a weekend package for our guest from out of town. Golf, cottages, and Venue were there. From the second we booked, Martha & Doug Granger, and Julie & Bobby Brown, all made their dreams of the perfect wedding come true. Their wedding planners walk you through the wedding of your dreams. They get your input and make it happen. It was beyond our perfect wedding.
    Many thanks,
    The Kaufhold /Hibbs Family.

Sent on 12/06/2017

The Mansion at Colovista's reply:

Thank you Tammy. We all enjoyed working you and the bride and groom. It easy to work with someone who is as gracious as you.
    Many thanks to you as well.

Astrid · Married on 08/18/2017

Thank you so much Julie you worked with us and because of you we were able to have our dream wedding! The Mansion is so beautiful I could have not asked for a better place to have our wedding. Again thank you so much you guys!

Sent on 08/29/2017

The Mansion at Colovista's reply:

We loved hosting your wedding and you and your husband were a complete blessing! Thank you for your kind words.

Sarah · Married on 05/27/2017

Wonderful staff. They were very welcoming and professional. Everything was awesome and ready to go. They were even very flexible about what we could and couldn't bring. (we brought our own food to the wedding).

Sent on 12/05/2017

Alysha · Married on 03/18/2017

I never thought I'd be so thrilled to have the wedding I'd been planning for more than 9 months practically fall apart 1o weeks before our big day. We'd run into some pretty big issues with the venue we'd originally booked, so we ended up backing out and being on the hunt for a new venue. By the time we found The Mansion, I was a complete basket case. We'd already been looking for over two weeks, and we just couldn't find something that we loved that was still available. By the time my sister mentioned she had been talking with Julie at a venue in Bastrop, I was ready to cave and just choose a venue that was functional. We called Julie and told her that we were almost two hours away, but we could meet her that evening. She agreed to meet with us for an after-hours tour. As we pulled into the parking lot, my fiance (at the time) uttered the words "oh wow." The mansion is HUGE and absolutely gorgeous. The back lawn and huge oak trees are beautiful, but none of this compares to the view from the ceremony site! We weren't even halfway through the tour before we agreed this was the place, and we were finally excited for our wedding again! Julie was amazing to work with. She put me at ease right away, and any time I had a random question, she was very quick to respond. Our original venue was a rustic, open-air pavilion on a horse ranch...so a complete 180 from The Mansion. It was really overwhelming for me to switch gears at first, but Julie was so flexible in letting us truly make the day our own. I cannot say enough great things about the venue itself, or the people running it! The cottages on-site were perfect for allowing us to celebrate with our guests all weekend long. Bobby & Julie went above and beyond in making sure the cottages were in great shape for us. We honestly could not have had a more perfect wedding, and I'm so thankful they swooped in and saved our day!

Sent on 03/30/2017

Hi Alysha,
    You had an amazing wedding with so many precious memories made with family. Everyone out on the lawn playing games was one of my favorite memories of the night. Congratulations to the two of you and I wish you many wonderful anniversaries.

The mansion and the view is gorgeous. There was even a road runner that showed up during our photos! I would get married here again. I highly recommend! Martha Granger is such a pleasant person and very helpful. They also include a day of coordinator, which I'm very thankful for. I had no idea if anything wrong happened. I was able to enjoy myself and not worry.

Sent on 11/24/2016

Kayla · Married on 10/17/2015

We had our wedding and reception at Colovista in Bastrop on October 17th. I just want to say it was a great experience. The venue was spectacular and everything I ever wanted. Working with Addison and Ryan was so easy and they took a lot of stress away from what would normally have been a very stressful time. They went out of their way to make sure we got everything we wanted and how we wanted it. We went over what we wanted it and Addison made sure it was done. Wedding coordinator, Debra and her assistant filled in for Brenda Abbott, the day of the wedding and I cannot say enough good about them. They were awesome making sure everything flowed smoothly.

If you are looking for a venue for your upcoming wedding, I would highly recommend Colovista. It was the best day of my life, not only because I married the man of my dreams, but was able to have the venue and experience of my dreams as well.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Christine · Married on 10/10/2015

What an amazing place for our wedding!! My husband I got married Colovista 10/10/15. Addison was easy to work with and made us feel at home. We had the rehearsal dinner at their restaurant , The View, and the bridal party stayed at the cottages the Friday and Saturday. It was the complete experience! Our guests said everything was beautiful and the sunset made for incredible pictures!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Summer · Married on 12/03/2016

We just had our wedding there and it was absolutely fantastic!!! Martha was awesome. Everything was beautiful and so perfect! The brides room is very spacious and perfect for pictures. And the restaurant the view made some delicious fajitas!!! I wouldn't change a thing about this place. So worth every penny!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Meagan · Married on 02/17/2018

Working with Julie and the rest of the staff at the Mansion was a wonderful experience, overall. They were all kind, thoughtful, and accommodating people. They ensured our day went as smoothly as possible and my husband and I were thrilled with how it went.

Sent on 04/10/2018

The Mansion at Colovista's reply:

We enjoyed serving you and your husband on one of your most important day's of your life. Thank you for you review.

3.0

They were so great when we had to move the event from outdoor to indoor on the day of my wedding. So sad that they arent currently doing weddings as this was a great place to get married.

Sent on 11/14/2012
  • Noble

Noble · Married on 10/20/2018

Great venue and location with good service!

As far as the venue and scenery goes the place is amazing! Coordinating the wedding with the venue owners was a pleasurable experience as well they did a great job! The day of coordination needs improvement. We didn’t meet or even speak/hear from the day of coordinator until the day before the wedding which lead to numerous mishaps during the ceremony (ex. groom’s parents sitting by themselves in the first two rows when grooms brothers and family should have been next to them, wedding processional didn’t go according to plan) The on-site cabins were very clean and a huge bonus! The golf course needs some work but the layout is great and the extra hot summer and rainy fall didn’t help!

Our post wedding interaction with the venue was not the best. It took over a month to get our deposit back and when asked about deductions the venue coordinator made it a point to mention the amount of effort it took to put together our wedding of 300 guests which was the biggest wedding they’ve done. Obviously it took a considerable amount of work and effort which is what we expected to make our wedding day one to remember! Just didn’t appreciate how it was kinda thrown in our face.

Overall I give the experience an A-... To expect perfection is unfair but there were several things we would have liked to have done better on the venue’s end. I would recommend the venue and owners for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 12/04/2018

The Mansion at Colovista's reply:

Thank you Noble for your review and constructive critique. Hope you have a blessed future and many good memories made to take with you from that night.
  • Sarah

Sarah Wilburn Kerns · Married on 04/27/2019

4.2

Dreamy Venue with Great Owners

My husband and I got married here this past April. We had a better experience than we ever expected or could have even asked for.

The venue itself is gorgeous and a wedding venue unlike most I have seen. Guests can roam about the mansion in each unique room, upstairs or downstairs, or spend time on the lawn or in the front rose garden. It makes the whole wedding experience engaging for guests. The bridal suite, grooms quarters, cottages on site, golf course--there so many amenities the Mansion offers that make the weekend feel like a getaway for the bride and groom, bridal party and guests alike!

*Do note: if you do an outdoor ceremony, the sun sets into the valley so the sun will likely be in guests eyes, depending on your time of ceremony. BUT - it makes for a BEAUTIFUL time for the sunset after dinner that guests really enjoy (ours began at 6 pm).

However, the venue is not the only thing that makes The Mansion at ColoVista an amazing place to pick for your wedding. Bobby and Julie, the owners, are willing and happy to accommodate all (reasonable) requests. Julie is kind and thoughtful in how she interacts with us as the bride and groom, as well as thinking of the guests and their experiences. Bobby is courteous and willing to help out in any and all ways he can. They also partner with Brenda Abbot Floral, who will coordinate the day, and her team does a near perfect job.

All in all, we couldn't recommend The Mansion enough!

Sent on 06/24/2019
    The Mansion at Colovista 21
    The Mansion at Colovista 22

The Mansion at Colovista's reply:

Thank you Sara. I wish nothing but the very best for you and Brandon. Your day was very memorable with a large group of people there that truly loved you.