The Madison Event Center Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Kaitlyn C. Married on 12/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Madison Event Center helped bring my dream wedding to life!

I had set many venue tours when I first got engaged and The Madison was first on the list. After one tour and learning about all the Madison had to offer, I cancelled all of my other tours and began planning. Shortly after booking, Covid hit. To help with social distancing for our original date, The Madison offered us upgrades at no charge that consisted of a plated meal (instead of a buffet) and a larger room that was available at the time. We found out 3 weeks before our original date that KY had limited weddings down to 25 people. We had always envisioned a big wedding due to having a large family and many friends that we wanted to celebrate with us. I remember frantically calling to learn my options with The Madison and being given a list of available dates within a few hours. Since we had planned a winter wedding, we ultimately decided to keep everything the same and move it to a year later (12/11/21❤️) and, to my surprise, The Madison let us keep our plated meal upgrade! Once our new wedding date got close, Riley, our events specialist, reached out and began to plan our final details and everything went so seamlessly! We were provided times for decor drop off, set up, rehearsal, etc and even an exact timeline for the big day down to the minute. The actual week/day of my wedding was so stress free and this is purely thanks to the Madison. They even called my vendors the week of the wedding and provided an hour of decor set up the day of and because I didn’t have much, they knocked it out as my florist set up our arrangements. Riley was our ceremony captain and told us exactly when to walk down the isle and even answered last minute questions as I sat in the get ready room. Amy & Hayleigh were our reception captains. Amy met us at the door, introduced herself immediately and made sure my husband and I, as well as our parents were enjoying the evening. Paired with our DJ, our captains informed me when it was time to have our intro, eat, cut our cake, etc. Amy even made sure that we each had a drink in our hand whenever we wanted one and my husband says that he felt like royalty all evening! 😂 At the end of the night, Amy handed us a bag that had a hand written note, a bottle of champagne, and a piece of each flavor of our wedding cake that they had saved specifically for us. I can’t thank The Madison enough for making this such a great night - let’s just say they know how to treat their couples and tick all the boxes when it comes to the small details! 😊

The Madison Event Center's reply:

We're so happy to hear about your experience, Kaitlyn! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review!!
    Emma F. Married on 11/27/2021

Best Wedding Venue, Highly Recommend

The Madison was the perfect venue for our November 2021 wedding! We loved working with every person we came into contact with. They set up the space perfectly, and I love that they do it all, you don't have to do anything the day of your wedding! Everyone was so friendly and responded so quickly to any emails I sent. The day of the wedding our day of caption, Andrew, was amazing. He came and introduced himself right away to us and to our parents. He was slightly short staffed, given the circumstances everyone is experiencing, and he handled it so well. The staff that we had were amazing. Overall it was a great experience that I wish we could relive again! Highly recommend The Madison!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Emma, we appreciate your praises! We are so glad we played a role in such a special day for your family! Cheers!
  • Alexys
    Alexys D. Married on 08/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic venue to host your wedding

Zoe Mendenhall was very informative, always responded immediately, and fun to work with! They helped make our day special!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful day and experience with our team! Thank you for the review!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Rebecca C. Married on 08/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Nothing but amazing things to say about The Madison!

We held both our ceremony (The Loft) and Reception (The Madison Ballroom) at The Madison. We booked our August 2021 wedding back in February 2020 and worked with Ashley. She was awesome and helped to answer every question we had – and even brought up things we hadn’t considered when looking at other venues like the level of service included, champagne toasts, etc. Zoe was our details specialist and went above and beyond to give us the wedding we envisioned. She and the pastry chef even managed to pull off a layered rainbow cake that both looked and tasted amazing! During the planning process we stopped by The Madison multiple times, and everyone there was always so nice and accommodating. They really made us feel special, even if we were just there to take a quick measurement in the ballroom. Patty was our day of coordinator, and she deserves so much praise! She truly went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly. She checked on us and our parents multiple times throughout the night. She always made sure I had a full glass of water too! I wish I’d had more time to thank her in-person the night of, because I know she’s one of the main reasons everyone had such a great time. It’s been about a month now and our guests are still talking about the food because everything was so good. Overall, if we were to plan our wedding again we would 1,000% choose to hold it at The Madison!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Thank you for such a detailed review, Rebecca! We are so thrilled to hear you had such an amazing experience from the start! Cheers!
    Cassi K. Married on 05/07/2021

Amazing Venue and Staff

The Madison staff made my wedding experience perfect! We looked at this venue in January 2020 and booked that day with Ashley. Ashley was so kind and so easy to work with! With planning our big day, we met with Zoe and she made sure everything was perfect. From the decor, linens, food, answering the smallest questions and everything is between, Zoe truly did amazing. Getting married in 2020 was definitely one for the books with COVID. Unfortunately we had to postpone two weeks before our big day. Ashley took care of us and truly supported us which I will forever be thankful for. Our wedding celebration happened five months after postponing and everything was what we truly wanted and more. Our wedding celebration was a day I wish we could relive over and over again. The Madison staff will take care of you and support you with your needs and others you won't even think about. They are truly amazing and I will always recommend them. Book with The Madison!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Cassi, we appreciate your praises and are so grateful we would be here for you through it all. Thank you for taking the time to share! Congrats!
    Katie S. Married on 04/23/2021

Best Wedding Ever

I wish I could put into words how immensely thankful/grateful I am for the Hotel Covington/The Madison staff. Our wedding day was better than anything I could’ve ever dreamed of. The room, the food, the staff, the experience… it was all perfect. It was a fairytale and a day that will play over and over again in my head. If you are thinking about holding your wedding at Hotel Covington/The Madison—BOOK NOW. You won’t regret it. Zoe helped turn my wedding vision into a reality. She was with us throughout the entire process, answering every little question I had and ensuring my wedding day was everything I wished for. She is truly one of the sweetest souls and it really was a joy working with her. I don’t know if I could’ve made it through COVID wedding planning without Zoe. Zoe and all of The Madison staff were so helpful in dealing with COVID protocols. I also would like to shout out Patty Cunningham, our night-of coordinator. She was absolutely amazing. She not only made sure my husband and I were taken care of all night, but also our parents. She made sure to box up each flavor of cake/cake pops and she is the only reason we got to try our wedding cake. She was our wedding night fairy godmother. Her attentiveness did not go unnoticed and she deserves all of the accolades in the world. I would 100% recommend. If I had to do it all again, I'd book here every time.

The Madison Event Center's reply:

We feel as lucky as you to have Zoe & Patty! Thank you for sharing your experience and the great review! Congrats!
  • Nichrisha
    Nichrisha S. Married on 04/09/2021

What a treat

She was kind.. helpful.. and willing to be flexable

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Nichrisha! Thank you so much for your review! We are thrilled to hear our staff was kind and helpful. Cheers!
    Allyson J. Married on 01/03/2021

Wonderful venue!!

The Madison was amazing!!! From the time we had our first visit to the last minute of our wedding, they were wonderful. The staff was incredibly helpful and caring and they made sure we had everything that we needed and that everything was exactly how we wanted it to be. They worked their hardest to make everything perfect and they succeeded!! I 100% recommend to anyone having any kind of event!!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Allyson! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear you had an amazing experience with us. Cheers!
    Tyler M. Married on 08/29/2020

Amazingly perfect!

We honestly couldn't be more thrilled with the service the day of our wedding and reception. Zoe was there every step of the way leading up to the day of and you were so attentive to our anxiety especially during the pandemic. Our day of coordinator, Ashley, was absolutely AMAZING! She was so detailed and attentive to our needs. She was amazing at the rehearsal as well. The ceremony was flawless and absolutely beautiful! The courtyard at Hotel Covington is the most beautiful spot for a ceremony. We couldn't have asked for more. I was stunned when I walked into the reception! Everything was exactly how I expected it and the room was just beautiful. Ashley and William were so attentive to not only use, but our families. Anything we needed, they were right there with it! My drink glass was not empty at any point during the night thanks to the two of them.
    We couldn't be more pleased with everything! You all take care of every detail and make the process and the day of extremely easy! I cannot speak highly enough about Ashley Bangi who showed us the spaces when we were looking for a place to have our wedding. I cannot speak highly enough about you, always returning our emails and answering our phone calls. You never sugar coated anything and the honesty was extremely helpful during this crazy time. Finally, Ashley and William were ALL STARS with their attentiveness and services.
    We are so grateful that we were able to have our special day at The Madison.

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Tyler, Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so honored that you chose to share your special day with us. Cheers!
  • Samantha
    Samantha M. Married on 07/24/2020

So far so good!

I've had a great experience so far with The Madison. I've recommended them to multiple brides so far and I love it. I've been to several weddings here as well and had a great time as a guest.

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your praises, Samantha! We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed your experience with us!
    Sarah F. Married on 03/14/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing place to have a wedding!

From the beginning to end the staff was helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. They made sure we were constantly taken care of and very responsive to our needs. Communication Was quick and easy. Couldn’t have been happier!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sarah! We are so happy your experience was perfect. Thank you for sharing your special day with us!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn Married on 12/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect venue for our needs!

I am not a DIY'er, I wanted a place to help me pull off an amazing wedding for a reasonable price, and this place was a perfect fit! I had a million little questions and each one was answered quickly and I was never made to feel like it was a pain or that I was asking too much. We had our ceremony and reception there, and the team made sure we wanted for nothing! Seriously we had no issues or hiccups the entire day! The food was perfect, I will dream of their brisket for the rest of my life! The space was decorated beautifully and they even moved my memorial table from ceremony to reception! They even communicated with all the vendors so my stress level was always low. I can't thank everyone enough for helping us have the perfect day!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Caitlyn! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a kind review. We are thrilled that your had a perfect Wedding day here with us! Thank you for letting us share it with you. Cheers!!
  • Taylor
    Taylor Married on 11/02/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

We met with Ashley at the Madison and she was wonderful. The space is gorgeous! The staff is so friends and made me for at ease that every little detail will be handled without having to stress about it. Highly recommend!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Taylor! Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy to hear this, and we are glad we get to be a part of it all. Cheers!
    Alex Married on 10/12/2019

The Loft and Galleria

The Madison was one of the best decision we made for our wedding day. They made everything so so so easy. From the space, staff, food, coordnation- everything was exceptional. We had so many compliments on our food in particular (we have the gold level). Our wedding was in The Loft and our reception was in the Galleria (the new renovations are really beautiful).

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind praises, Alex! We are so happy you had the perfect Wedding day and experience with us. Thank you for trusting us with your special day. Cheers!
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle Married on 10/05/2019

The Full Package

The Madison Event Center does a ton of weddings but I never felt as if they treated my day as any less special. They were extremely responsive and helpful. The day of, all we had to do was enjoy the ride. The food was wonderful (we got quite a few compliments) and the ceremony/reception spaces were so beautiful. I would definitely recommend!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Gabrielle! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are happy to hear this, and we are glad we get to be a part of it all. You were a stunning Bride! Cheers!
    Mark M. Married on 08/30/2019

Ideal experience

The Madison does it all. Their pricing is up front and all inclusive, no surprises. They communicated with our outside vendors (photo, video, flowers, DJ) and coordinated everything. We didn’t have to worry about any details. They are thorough and make sure everything is exactly how you want it. They even let you taste all menu items a few months out so you know exactly what to choose. I would recommend to anyone.

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Mark! Thank you so much for your kind words about what we do here at The Madison. We are elated that you loved your experience with us. Cheers!
    Courtney S. Married on 07/20/2019

Wedding Reception

Our wedding was the best ever!! The Madison helped make our wedding so special! Zoe was awesome with helping us with our details, she is so kind and nice! Patty and Jake were amazing at our reception! They were always there to help us and make sure we were having a great time and asking what we needed. They helped with my dress and even gave us a hot towel after our cake smash when cutting the cake. They made sure we had enough to eat, were comfortable, and if we needed a drink they were there! They wanted us to have the best night ever and they for sure made our night amazing! Everyone we met at the Madison was great and so helpful we are so happy and lucky they were our venue! Everyone was great! Best day ever.

The Madison Event Center's reply:

This is exactly what we love to hear! Thank you for your kind words, Courtney. We are thrilled you had the perfect Wedding day. Thanks for sharing it with us!
  • Seaven
    Seaven Married on 06/29/2019

Beautiful Venue

We had Zoe and Nicole help with our wedding. These girls know what they are doing and made our special day amazing!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Seaven! Thank you for your positive feedback! We are so happy you had such an amazing special day! Cheers to you!
    Jane H. Married on 06/01/2019

Heitkamp/Nuesse June 1, 2019 Wedding Reception

My daughter recently (June 1, 2019) had her reception at the Madison. There is not enough time or space to even begin to tell you how wonderful they were to work with! From our first meeting in November with Ashley Bangi to our final details meeting with Zoe Mendenhall in May, they were extremely kind, professional, knowledgeable and supportive. Both were eager to help in any way, promptly returned emails/calls, and took care of everything!! They were fabulous!!! The night of the event, the night coordinators Jake, Spencer, and Ashley had everything under total control so we could thoroughly enjoy the reception. They went above and beyond, to help us and ensure the evening went well. At the end of the event they helped us load everything up and even helped us get all the gifts, decorations, etc. to where they had to go---again above and beyond! The guests continue talking about the great service and attentiveness of the staff, how they all worked so hard, and what a wonderful place the Madison was! Many even expressed that they couldn't believe how they were greeted by staff offering them vouchers for the parking and how they were made to feel so welcome. Many of the guests have also expressed that based on their experience of the evening, they have recommended the Madison to others. As for us, there aren't enough stars to adequately rate the Madison. They excel in all areas--personnel, service, facilities, support, presentation, quality, food, etc. We personally have also told others that if they ever have to have a wedding reception, look no further than the Madison! They are definitely "one stop" wedding event planning! Thank you to each of the employees for making my daughter's wedding reception absolutely perfect in every way! You are the best!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Jane, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so happy your daughter's Wedding planning experience and special day was perfect!! It was an honor to be a part of it all. Cheers!
    Nathanial H. Married on 05/24/2019

Wonderful and Accommodating

The Madison was extremely accommodating to our needs. They were able to work with our budget to help make my dreams come true. They were helpful every step of the process making sure they had every detail that I wanted for the reception. They also worked with all the vendors to coordinate set up and drop off times so that I wouldn't have to worry about it the day of the wedding. The night of the wedding there was someone who was dedicated to make sure that my husband and I had everything that we needed. They made sure we had whatever we wanted to drink and they brought us the food from the buffet. Everyone was wonderful throughout the whole process!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Nathanial, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are elated that your dreams came true for your special day. Thank you for letting us be a part of it all!
  • Becky
    Becky V. Married on 12/28/2018

Amazing and helpful

We were working directly with Zoe and she was incredibly helpful and accommodating and answered emails quickly. The staff even helped us clean up decorations we brought in ourselves after the reception even though it's not required of them. They were always coming up to me throughout the night to see if there was anything I needed. I would definitely recommend using this venue.

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Becky! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are so glad your wedding day went so perfectly! Cheers!
  • Jacob
    Jacob Married on 11/10/2018

Perfect Night

I cannot thank the staff at the Madison Event Center enough. Everything about our wedding was absolutely perfect. From the food, to the venue, the decorations – I do not even have one complaint.
    Thank you to Zoe for helping us with every question we had along the way and making this so easy to set up and prepare for. Nicole also was there for our initial tour of the venue and some stuff initially, so thank you to you as well.
    Also, I have to give the highest praise for Ashley our event captain the night of. She was AMAZING. She had everything figured out for us, and she made sure there wasn’t a single hold up the entire night. Honestly, Ashley did more than I would have ever expected her to, checking on us occasionally and making sure things were great. Without her I don’t think the night would have been as great.
    Also, FANTASTIC bartending/food service staff. They were so funny and wonderful, the guests also LOVED them.
    15/10, absolutely recommend.

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Jacob! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! This feedback is so important to us. We are so glad your wedding day was perfect! Cheers!
    Connie H. Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience

My daughter got married at The Madison and from the moment we walked in it was an amazing experience. Very professional, they make you feel special every step of the way. Their prices are reasonable, and they handle all the details. Ashley took such great care of every detail, answered a ton of our questions and the whole experience was exactly what we wanted and expected. Food was delicious, the Emerald Room was the perfect size and so beautiful it didn't need much decorations. I could not have been happier. Nothing negative to say at all. Every single staff member was attentive and helpful.

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Connie, thank you so much for taking to time to leave a review! We are thrilled that everything went so perfectly for your daughter's big day! We are happy we got to be a part of it all.
    Catie Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We just had our wedding at the Madison South (Madison Ballroom) this past weekend and it was truly a night we will never forget. We were so happy with all of the staff we worked with (Ashley, Zoe, and Amy). The venue was classy and all of the staff was organized and responsive. The food was amazing!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Catie! Thank you so much for your praises. We are so happy you had a perfect day. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it!
  • Keri
    Keri C. Married on 10/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I now understand why EVERYONE goes to The Madison to get married!

Our wedding, ceremony, and reception was beyond anything we ever dreamed of! EVERYTHING went off without a hitch, the timing was perfect, every detailed was cared for, and THE SERVICE was absolutely astounding!

I now understand why EVERYONE goes to The Madison to get married, they all are THE BEST at what you do and make every event you host feel personal and one of a kind, and Ian and I cannot thank them enough for making our day unforgettable!

The Madison Event Center's reply:

Hi Keri! Thank you so much for your praises. This review means so much to us! We are so happy we got to be a part of it all. Cheers!
illustration stars