The Lodges at Gettysburg Reviews

The Lodges at Gettysburg 5
The Lodges at Gettysburg 6
The Lodges at Gettysburg 7

Ashley · Married on 10/11/2014

Everyone who was at our wedding is still raving about how amazing this venue was, and how amazing our day of coordinator Ericka was. I would repeat the day in a heart beat, it was stress free, we had time to enjoy, and it was everything we could dream of. The ceremony was outside and it was absolutely gorgeous. Beth and Ericka both helped developed a backup plan in case of rain or cold. The reception hall is breathtaking along with everything else there. The touches the lodges put on themselves allow you to have minimal decorating if you choose. I also had my hair and make-up done at the spa which was absolutely amazing, everyone is still commenting on how well she did (am I not one to wear makeup). The Lodges worked with our schedule and was easy to get in touch with. We are already talking about having anniversary parties there in years to come. The cabins are absolutely amazing as well, and we are already planning a trip up there! Our guest loved it, we loved it, and we can not thank Ericka and Beth enough!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Tara · Married on 09/13/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better place to get married! The lake was a perfect ceremony site, the view is amazing, and the reception hall is a great size. Beth and Susie were wonderful throughout the entire night, as well as with all the planning beforehand. Our family members and friends couldn't say enough about this place and the lodges they stayed in that evening! If you are looking for a place to get married, definitely check out The Lodges! You won't regret it!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2014

I have always wanted a weekend get-away feeling for my wedding. The Lodges at Gettysburg made that possible. We had many out of town guests and their multiple lodging options allowed all of our guests to stay on location in hotel like accommodations. Many guests took advantage of historical location and came early in the week to be tourists. We had an outdoor picnic rehearsal dinner down by the pond on Friday night, the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception on Saturday, and then a wonderful brunch on Sunday morning. We also did bonfires Friday and Saturday night. All of the guests loved not having to drive to multiple locations and all of the staff were very helpful with any questions or needs. The food was amazing and was true to what we had at the tasting. Beth and her team were great! Beth was very responsive and helped me with whatever I was asking for.
    The rooms and outdoor areas are beautiful and seem to get better each season. The staff was available when you needed them, but did not hover and intrude in the festivities.
    I was extremely happy with my wedding weekend and loved everything about the Lodges at Gettysburg!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Katie · Married on 07/05/2014

The Lodges of Gettysburg was my perfect venue! We fell in love with this place as soon as we saw it and our day was absolutely perfect. Having Susie help us on the day of our wedding made everything go over smoothly and we couldn't have asked for anything more! Our guests gave us so many compliments on our beautiful ceremony site, and wonderful reception room. Everything was lovely! Thank you to everyone at the Lodges who made our day amazing!

Sent on 07/08/2014

I cannot say enough good things about The Lodges at Gettysburg! I am not from Gettysburg, but loved visiting the town my whole life. When I found this gem, I knew it was a strong contender. One aspect of this venue I really appreciated was the freedom to ask questions and to be heard. They were very prompt with communication and always very professional and quick to respond. My June ceremony was on a Sunday morning and so a lot of family came to stay the night before. Through the Lodges at Gettysburg, we rented a tent with tables and chairs which was set up outside near our stay rooms prior to our arrival. We ordered pizza from a local pizzeria, brought our own beverages, and had ourselves a bit of a party that Saturday night, and I know my family really enjoyed that. The lake side ceremony site was really nice, and it was comforting knowing that if it were to rain, the ceremony could be moved inside without issue. I had a bridal suite to get ready in, which is where my mom did my hair and makeup. Our reception was catered by the Carriage House Inn, and was a brunch. The food was so delicious! Much better than I could’ve ever hope for, and because it was buffet style, my guests were able to eat as they pleased, without any food going to waste. Our reception was held in the wine room, rather than the ball room, with seating extending onto the porch which I loved. The rooms were clean and elegant, and I can't get over how nice the rustic feel was. I very much look forward to returning to the Lodges at Gettysburg to celebrate our anniversary from time to time. The morning after our wedding, I woke up early, made coffee, sat on the porch and watched the fog burn off the rolling fields… it was so special, and I can't thank the Lodges at Gettysburg enough for the whole experience!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2014

The Lodges at Gettysburg was the perfect place for our reception! Beth & Erica were fantastic to work with during the months of planning and on the night of the wedding!! Denise was also great in communicating with us continuously in regards to our lodging bookings and the needs of our guests. The food was amazing and all of our guests commented on how beautiful the view/location was as well as the reception room! We even had a bonfire after the reception for our overnight guests - this was an extra that most venue sites don't offer!! All in all - 5 stars and would recommend to all of our engaged friends and family!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Heather · Married on 05/24/2014

The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely fantastic. Beth and her team at The Lodges made planning a wedding so easy and fun! My now husband and I fell in love with the place the first time we visited. We looked forward to our appointments each time we went. The grounds are beautiful and the cabins make for the perfect location to have a wedding. We LOVED having a bonfire after our reception and cannot thank The Lodges at Gettysburg enough for everything they did for us! Definitely would recommend having your reception there! THANK YOU!

Sent on 08/12/2014

We recently had our wedding and reception at the lodges and it was more than perfect! We aren't from the area but are living near Baltimore. We wanted a fun venue in a more low key area that would double as a cute vacation spot for our friends and family that all had to travel. I randomly found this gem on LivingSocial and after one site visit I was sold! It was so convenient to have a wedding coordinator to help with decorations, catering, and all the details I never would've thought of- she was so helpful and sweet too, I couldn't have pulled it off without her! The rooms we used we so gorgeous we only needed minimal decorations; it was the perfect mix of natural beauty and elegance. We tend to be quite adventurous so many of our guests were worried when they heard "lodges," but everyone loved having the privacy of their own lodge and were shocked with the modern amenities and affordable prices. I wouldn't have changed a thing! :)

Sent on 12/11/2013

The Lodges at Getttysburg was a beautiful venue! The staff was very helpful and accomodating throughout the entire process!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Janelle · Married on 07/27/2013

We couldn't have picked a better venue. This property is gorgeous!! Our ceremony was originally planned to be outdoors but when it started pouring we had no choice but to move it indoors. The lodge was decorated beautifully! Beth, our coordinator, was so helpful. We continue to get compliments on how gorgeous the main lodge was! My husband and I plan on going back for our anniversary.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Cathy · Married on 05/18/2013

We fell in love with the Lodges when we stayed there last year for my birthday. As soon as we started planning our wedding we knew it was the perfect venue. Beth and the rest of the staff were amazing. They brought our vision for the day together exactly like we had pictured. Everyone went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and that our guests were happy. A beautiful location, adorable lodges for your guests, delicious food, helpful staff. This is a perfect wedding venue!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Tracey · Married on 05/17/2013

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at The Lodges at Gettysburg on 5/17/13 and everything was absolutely perfect. Our coordinator, Beth, was wonderful throughout the whole process. She promptly responded to all of our questions and concerns. She was also present on the day of our wedding, which made everything run so smoothly. We received many comments from our guests, praising how smoothly the reception ran and how wonderful the food was. They were impressed by the flow of events during the reception and the lack of down time while waiting for the next event to occur. We've even had guests tell us it was the best wedding they've ever been to for those reasons and also for the pure beauty of the site and its surroundings. The Lodges definitely has some of the best views around and our wedding pictures turned out gorgeous due to the lovely scenery. The only issue some of our guests experienced was with the front desk when calling to make a reservation to stay at The Lodges. If a call was made to make a reservation and there was no answer, a message could be left on the answer machine; however, calls were never returned. My husband and I (and some of our guests) left messages, requesting a return call, but the call was never returned. Our guests were also quoted various different rates for the same lodge and told they had to stay a minimum of 2 nights. We discussed our concerns with Beth, who immediately addressed these issues and verified our guests were charged the correct rate. The Lodges is a wonderful place to get married and I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Lisa · Married on 11/17/2012

My experience with The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely phenomenal! From my first visit with my family, the Event Coordinator, Beth, made us feel right at home, and took care of every little detail during the planning process. She kept track of what information/details we needed to provide to her when, and gave us recommendations for vendors to use, since we aren't from the Gettysburg area.

When it came time for the rehearsal dinner, our Day-Of Coordinator, Erica, was beyond amazing - she escorted all 20 of us to the room where the dinner was to be held, then served us all dinner on her own, with a warm smile on her face the entire time! Even though we had met her a couple times during the planning process, it was so nice to be able to get to know her a little better before our big day. The food was absolutely incredible. It was a perfect rehearsal dinner!

For out town guests (basically all of our guests), the venue has beautiful (modern amenities with a rustic design) cabins on site that can be rented out (rather than setting aside a block of hotel rooms). They are gorgeous, and all of our guests gave them rave reviews!

Our wedding day could not have gone more smoothly. It was better than I ever imagined it would be, thanks to the beauty of the venue, as well as the stellar service from the staff! Erica was with us the entire day, keeping everything running smoothly and letting us know when it was time for different events (bouquet toss, cake cutting, etc).

I would recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg to anyone looking for a perfect wedding venue. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 02/09/2013

Tony · Married on 10/14/2012

Everything was perfect and exactly what we wanted. It couldn't have gone better. Beth and Erika were great and helped us with everything we needed.

Sent on 10/22/2012
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 09/08/2012

We can’t say enough about The Lodges at Gettysburg! It is a perfect getaway location and incredible wedding venue! The wedding day preparations, ceremony, reception, and lodging are all on site, which took away so much stress from the day. Beth, the event coordinator, was so helpful and open to any ideas throughout all the planning. As soon as we were on site, we quickly saw how wonderful all of The Lodges at Gettysburg staff members were. Staff members helped to take care of and collect wildflowers for the wedding day; quickly responded to anything our guests needed in their lodges no matter what time of night; and stayed up late to make sure we had a bonfire for a post-rehearsal dinner celebration. It rained on our wedding day, but the team at The Lodges did not miss a beat. We quickly moved everything inside and things went so smoothly. They worked so well with all of our vendors as well. The Lodges at Gettysburg is a wonderful venue in and of itself, but If you are hoping to find a venue who will make sure your day is everything you have hoped for, then I would highly recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg. We cannot wait to return – some of our guests already have!

Sent on 11/05/2012

Annie · Married on 09/02/2012

If you must have your wedding in Gettysburg, you are lucky enough to have the Lodges as an option. It shouldn't be an option though, it should be the only choice. It is a beautiful venue, with options for ceremony locations and a beautiful reception space (indoor and outdoor options). We were able to have our bridal party and many guests stay in the lodges on site which made for an amazing weekend with everyone close by. The rooms are big and comfortable and such a nice retreat. Beth, the Director of Events, is easy going but professional and is open to any suggestion or idea you have for your wedding. She allowed us to customize a lot of things and everything we envisioned came out just as anticipated. They partner with the Carriage House in Emmitsburg MD for catering, and they did an amazing job. They made a completely customized menu for us....check out their reviews. More importantly, my husband, our families and I were completely blown away by the level of service that we received from the Lodges. Our day of coordinator was Erica and she was so good at her job. She called me several times to make sure everything was ready before the ceremony, she made calls on behalf of my husband, and she was just so nice and sweet all night long. I could go on and on about each individual that made our day amazing, but honestly, once your ceremony starts get ready to enjoy the ride from then on out because everyone from the Lodge and the Carriage House is going to make sure your night is just as you thought it would be. I really appreciate the stress they relieved from us. So many guests made comments to me throughout the night about how wonderful the venue and service was, I was very proud to have had my wedding at the Lodges.

Sent on 09/03/2012

My fiance and I came across The Lodges of Gettysburg on Wedding Wire when they first opened. We immediately booked a meeting to see what it was all about. The venue is gorgeous and Beth was extremely helpful. Not only does she have all of the information about the venue, but she is the catering manager as well which really helps when you are trying to coordinate! The staff the day of our wedding was so helpful and accommodating. They were available to drive us in a golf cart with our photographers around the property, box up our extra cake, or even help us light the bonfire at the end of the night. We were more than impressed with the level of service. Our family also took advantage of the hotel rooms on site, and they were just beautiful as well. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and had breakfast and massages the next morning. So so glad we chose this venue and will recommend to all of our friends!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Jamie · Married on 08/11/2012

My wedding at The Lodges at Gettysburg was amazing! The venue itself is very beautiful and it continues to improve. There is plenty of space for guests to enjoy all of the countryside and it is close enough to the center of town for out-of-town guests to enjoy visiting Gettysburg. Beth, the wedding coordinator, was so accommodating, kind, and responsive! This venue went way above and beyond for the wedding and it showed! I would recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg to any bride!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Katie · Married on 07/20/2012

The Lodges was very quick to respond, attentive, and flexible. They helped to make my wedding as perfect as possible.

Sent on 08/02/2012
  • Brian N Jenn

Brian N Jenn · Married on 04/14/2012

We had our reception at the Lodges. My contact was Beth and she was very helpful the whole way through up until the end. She went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect for our special day. The staff were very polite and made sure everything went smooth. We had so many compliments from our guests. It was great to know they enjoyed it as much as we did. Also, the view and picture opps at the Lodges are absolutely amazing!

Sent on 04/24/2012

Kristin · Married on 10/29/2011

My husband and I got engaged in June 2011. He is active military so we quickly found that we needed to plan our wedding for the near future. We were absolutely blessed to randomly find The Lodges in our search for a reception venue. At the time, they hadn't had their first wedding yet and the ballroom wasn't even complete. Despite that, you could tell that the location would be gorgeous. So we scheduled our wedding for October 29, 2011. We were very lucky to be able to book so close to the date, I'm sure once the word continues to get out on this venue dates will book up fast! It has great views and is unique. The building has beautiful hard wood floors, high ceilings, and a mezzanine. The event coordinator was easy to get a hold of and was flexible with changes along the way. She did her best to work within our budget and to make the wedding what we wanted. Our wedding ended up being the weekend that our area had a freak snow storm, despite the 6 inches of snow, the staff of the lodges and the caters were able to make the event go as scheduled and worked quickly and well with circumstances that were out of everyone's control. They even offered discounted accommodations for guests who hadnt booked a room and didnt want to try to drive home. The cabins there are very nice and come in a variety of sizes. The Lodges looked beautiful in all of the white and everyone had a wonderful time! People raved about the location and continue to as they look at our photos.

Sent on 02/05/2012

KIm · Married on 08/20/2011

kemf78
    Wedding: 8/20/2011
    Member Since: 12/9/2011 Our Daughter's Weddingposted 12/9/2011 (updated 12/9/2011) Our daughter's wedding was the first wedding held at The Lodges at Gettysburg. We were very pleased with the personal service Beth gave us. She was very helpful in making sure all of our ideas for the wedding were fulfilled. The venue was beautiful. Our daughter and her fiance" chose to have an outdoor wedding. The setting that The Lodges at Gettysburg offers is outstanding. The wedding took place on the dock with the pond in the background. It was absolutely beautiful. The highlight of the event and one of the most memorable moments was the bride arriving in a horse drawn carriage with her father and then leaving with her new husband. The reception area was beautiful as well. Beth was able to make many personal touches because she had taken the time to get to know us. Many of our guests made compliments on the food and the beautiful decor of the room. Both ours and the grooms immediate famlies chose to book a cabin the night of the wedding. We were all very pleased with our accommodations. The cabins are so beautifully decorated. To conclude our review we highly reccomend having a wedding at The Lodges at Gettysburg....

Sent on 12/30/2011

Gayle · Married on 03/17/2018

Our daughters wedding was at the Lodges followed by a breakfast the next morning. We worked with Beth and she did a phenomenal job. She was very attentive and helpful. The food was great, the venue gorgeous and the staff incredibly friendly and helpful. The Lodges needs to advertise more though bc alot of people had never heard about it. I referred to it as Adams County's best kept secret. We thoroughly enjoyed the wedding, the cabins and the breakfast. We would highly recommend it as a wedding venue for anyone looking for a venue with the best of everything. Our granddaughter wants to come back and stay at the cabins this summer. Thank you Beth and the staff at the Lodges.

Sent on 03/26/2018

Karen · Married on 11/11/2017

We had my daughter's wedding and reception here on 11/11/17- ceremony was outdoors, gorgeous beyond words. Cold, but sunny. Beth was right there every step of the way, never had to ask her anything twice. The front desk staff was very helpful,as well. The food was delicious. We received many compliments that evening. The bartender made great drinks!! The ballroom is a great place to have a reception-the lights are so beautiful. Many of us stayed in the cabins, which made it even more fun. The bonfire that night was a great ending to a wonderful day We are so happy we chose The Lodges.

Sent on 11/17/2017
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 8

Heidi · Married on 04/17/2016

My husband and I live in Alaska, but but I'm from PA originally. We had friends and family from all over meet us at The Lodges, and I can't tell you how many of our friends/family are STILL talking about our wedding and how it was their favorite. They all loved the lodges, loved having everything being right on site, great places to eat and things to do are close by, and the staff was terrific. Beth was amazing and so flexible/helpful with my planning, changes, questions, etc... I highly recommend The Lodges to host your special day... You won't regret it!!

Sent on 10/19/2016