The Lodges at Gettysburg Reviews

The Lodges at Gettysburg 5
The Lodges at Gettysburg 6
The Lodges at Gettysburg 7

Jenn · Married on 05/19/2017

There are not enough words to express how absolutely perfect our May 2017 wedding was at the Lodges! From the moment we chose the Lodges, Beth was incredibly helpful, answering all of our questions with a speedy response time. The rehearsal and dinner were excellent, laid back yet but very efficient and so much fun. The day of the wedding was beyond my wildest dreams. The bridal suite is huge and spacious, and it was the perfect place for all of us ladies to get ready. Beth made sure that every single thing was perfect, from coordinating with vendors to helping guests transition from ceremony to cocktail hour to reception and then send off. Beth and her team are so attentive and everything they do is with the bride and groom in mind. They took drink orders for our wedding party and parents so that after we had pictures done we had drinks waiting and our own spread of appetizers in a private room--just wow! That was so incredible to be able to not only get to eat the appetizers we picked, but to have a peaceful moment with our closest family and friends before heading into the reception. My husband and I were treated like royalty, Beth hand delivered dinner for us so we could relax and not go through the food stations, and made sure we always had a drink. At the end of the night, Beth drove my husband and I back to our cabins, where she had already dropped off to-go containers of our wedding dinners and cake as well as champagne and flowers, it was an incredible surprise! I cannot express how stress-free the entire wedding planning process and actual wedding day was. Beth and The Lodges staff, THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for making our day a fairytale I didn't know was possible. We will be back on our anniversary to enjoy another night there!

Sent on 12/20/2017
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 13
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 14
    The Lodges at Gettysburg 15

Theresa · Married on 05/12/2017

The Lodges at Gettysburg is the PERFECT wedding venue. We had our daughters wedding and reception there May 12,2017. From the first email conversation with Beth to the Farewell breakfast the day after, everything was AMAZING. Beth and Susie are professional, helpful, flexible, even as it poured rain 30 minutes prior to the wedding. They brought everything inside and it was beautiful and seemless. Our guests loved the venue and their lodge rooms.. Our gifts were delivered, the tables were set up, the food was Fabulous, the wait staff very impressive. The use of the space was so convenient. We couldnt be more thrilled about having the most important day of our families life here at the Lodges. THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!!!

Sent on 05/20/2017

Christina · Married on 12/03/2016

My wedding was beautiful at Lodges of Gettysburg!!! Beth was great through the whole planning process and the day of the wedding!! I can't thank her enough for everything!! My family and friends loved the scenery and the venue!!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Desire · Married on 10/23/2016

I was married here on October 23, 2016. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue!! My husband is military and we are stationed in GA so I did EVERYTHING over the phone. They hit everything I wanted right on the head. I mean everything! My wedding planner actually fell and broke her ankle and morning of my wedding!!! They had got another wedding planner on the way before I noticed the other one wasn't there yet! They treated all my friends and family awesome! They made sure I was taken care of the entire time! I've now had more then one person ask about the venue and costs exc because they were so impressed with everything from the ceremony to the food at the reception.

Sent on 11/07/2016
  • Nikol676

Nikol · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I were married here on October 1, 2016 and from the first moment we drove up to the property in August 2015 we were in venue-love with The Lodges. For us it was the ideal place for our wedding reception. (We were married in a church off property.) From the property, to the view outside the main lodge, to the onsite salon and finally to the beautiful and comfortable lodging it was the perfect place for us. Ourselves from VA and all our guests coming from all parts of the country it was important to find a place with onsite lodging and you couldn't ask for more lovely accomodations than The Lodges. Like us, all of our guests who stayed there fell in love with all aspects of the venue.

From day one Beth was a HUGE help; she is a woman with tons of patience, I hate to think back now how many emails I sent to her in the 13 months leading up to my wedding, but Beth was always responsive and informative. And if she didn't have a ready-answer for me she was always sure to get an answer. Suzy, my day of coordinator, was a delight as well and very helpful for the reception. The day of our wedding it had poured days leading up and that morning; there was rumors that roads we needed to take to the church were flooding; Beth drove the route to our church to make sure that was not the case. That settle the nerves of this bride and the brides parents!

Every single one of our guests had nothing but great things to say about our food and bar. The menu that we chose accomodated all different kinds of dietary needs. The Carriage House does a great job with the preparation and the presentation.

Do you get the "bang for your buck"? YES! For all of the little extra perks and additions to the costs The Lodges is worth every penny and I truly think you will be able to make this venue work for your budget. We walked away from our day feeling as though it was the perfect day and the Lodges definitely had a huge part in making that happen.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/24/2016

We held our daughter's wedding at The Lodges on a Saturday in September 2016 (just weeks ago). We could not have been happier with how everything worked out. The setting was gorgeous, the availability of several spaces worked extremely well (rooms and porch off the main reception area,) and the food (buffet) was excellent. We used all of the cottages for our families and the wedding party which made it feel like a summer camp for the weekend. The bonfire after the wedding reception was especially fun, and brunch at The Lodges the next day worked perfectly. We used a number of the vendors recommended by The Lodges (spa, dj, florist, bus company, cake company, photographer, etc.) and had excellent service from all of them. The staff were very accommodating to our special requests, including learning new ethnic dishes they had not tried before. They provided same-day wedding coordination and oversaw the wedding rehearsal as well. We used the horse and carriage option for the bride and father of the bride and flower girl. In all, the wedding turned out to be everything that the bride and groom dreamed it would be.

Sent on 10/04/2016

laken · Married on 08/13/2016

From the time I arrived at the lodges of Gettysburg I knew I just had to have my wedding there! My wedding was Perfect! Beth and the staff at the lodges were amazing. They made the enitte process very easy. Everything ran very smoothly and she worked great with my vendors. I highly recommend the lodges for a wedding venue! It's absolutely gorgeous. We had a complimentary cabin and it was very nice too! We will definitely be back in the dirt her to stay!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Lodges in August. Beth and Susie were the best! From the first moment we met them, to the the Lodges "date night" to meet vendors, to our wedding day, everything was even better than we could have imagined. At their date night we met and booked all of our vendors and we couldn't have been happier! All the details and amenities were perfect down to having enough lodging for all of our out of town guests. Everyone enjoyed the wedding so much that we even had guests already plan to go back next year! We really enjoyed our experience and we recommend The Lodges to anyone looking for a beautiful venue!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Arlene · Married on 08/06/2016

We recently had my sons wedding at the Lodges and everyone who attended are still raving about how wonderful the venue was. Since 75% of people attending were from out of town, we chose The Lodges because we could have the wedding, reception, and lodging in one spot. Beth the wedding coordinator was fabulous as well as Susan who did an outstanding job coordinating everything the day of the wedding.
    All the staff at the lodges, from check- in to the bonfire after the wedding could not be more helpful. The food was fantastic and everything was wonderful. I can not express how happy we are with The Lodges and would highly recommend anyone to have their reception there!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Megan · Married on 07/16/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at the Lodges in July 2016. As soon as we saw the venue, we knew it was the PERFECT place for our wedding.

We live a few hours from the venue and were extremely worried about planning from afar. Beth made the entire process seamless. She made herself available for visits at our request and phone calls. She was extremely responsive with emails, even when I was asking too many and likely annoying questions. I could not have asked for a better person to work with.

One hiccup did come up. My entire guest list was traveling and staying in Gettysburg. We did run out of rooms at the Lodges. However, Beth helped set up a room block at a nearby hotel, which was a big relief.

When it came to the day-of-coordination, Susie was exceptional. I was a bit reticent having Beth planning with me the whole way and then passing off to Susie for the day-of. I could not have been more impressed. It was like I was talking to Susie the entire time.

On the day, everything went off without a hitch! If there was any kind of problem, it was dealt with perfectly behind the scenes. Susie organized all of the vendors coming in and made sure everything was just as we had discussed it. She made sure that the entrance and exit into the ceremony was time properly as well. She also made sure we got some deserts and an extra meal in our rooms late at night.

I couldn't have been more impressed with Susie and Beth, and the Lodges in general. I heard rave reviews from guests.

Sent on 10/19/2016
  • Brandy

Brandy · Married on 07/03/2016

This is a fantastic venue, with a beautiful location. Very accommodating for not only myself but my guests. Elderly guests were taken to our ceremony site and back to the venue on a golf cart for easy access. Having the cabin afterwards was great after a long eventful day, and even better when we came back to extra food, cake and a bottle of champagne (your so busy with guests you don't really get a chance to eat cake). Only suggestion I have would be for the caterers. Had a few bumps with kids meals and adult chicken tender meals being given to the wrong guests, and they ran out of fruit and veggies for my guests. They also cut my top tier of my cake (which was to be saved) however, whoever makes your cake must provide a box for the top tier and one was not provided to me which is why they cut it. Overall it was a fabulous day making those things very minimal. The venue and staff itself couldn't have been any better.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Meagan · Married on 07/02/2016

I knew the moment I walked into the Lodges at Gettysburg that I was going to have my wedding there! The landscape overlooking the battlefield is absolutely gorgeous. The main building is beautiful- with high ceilings, sleek wood floors, wrought iron chandeliers and chairs, a staircase for extra space, and more. The bridal suite is perfect to get ready in and the spa is fabulous. The small lodges for guests to stay in are so nice and worth every penny. Our guests loved that they could simply walk up the hill after partying at the reception!

We worked with Beth S. and she was so extremely helpful! She truly helped to give me the wedding of my dreams! She met with my mom, fiance, MOH and I on multiple occasions. We talked about decorations, table set ups, the timeline, food, etc. She answered my many calls and emails promptly and was sure to answer my questions. I cannot say enough about how wonderful Beth was!

I had so many compliments on my wedding from guests about the entire evening and reception at The Lodges. I wish I could go back and do it all over! I would recommend Beth and The Lodges for any bride looking for a venue in the Gettysburg area.

Sent on 07/14/2016

Jordan · Married on 06/18/2016

I want to start by saying that our wedding was even more perfect than we could have imagined, and that was due in large part to The Lodges. The setting is gorgeous and peaceful, and the staff is so friendly and helpful!

With most of our guests traveling from all over the country, having them be able to spend the weekend on location was incredibly helpful. Also, I've always heard that your wedding day flies by (which it definitely did!), so being able to continue celebrating after the reception ended was so much fun with all of our loved ones talking and singing around the bonfire.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kellee · Married on 05/21/2016

Book the Lodges! You will not be disappointed! This past weekend we had our Wedding at the Lodges. It was beyond perfect! The venue itself is gorgeous both inside and out. We were supposed to have our ceremony outside but due to the rain it was inside and it was still just as amazing ! Beth, our coordinator, was outstanding. She was patient and kind and I will miss working with her. The staff at the Lodges were so nice and made everyone feel right at home. We received so many compliments - from the venue to the people to the cabins. We would 100% recommend the Lodges to anyone and everyone! The cabins were beautiful and the tavern was a great place to hang out after the wedding. I could go on and on but you will not regret staying here or having your wedding here. Thank you all for your help! We have new amazing memories. Also, the food was incredible and beyond amazing. :)

Sent on 05/24/2016

Linda · Married on 04/17/2016

I'm the MOB. My daughter's wedding at the The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely beautiful!! Our Ceremony was outside (it was the most beautiful, bright, sunny day in April we had--thanks for a lot of prayers!) It really is the 'perfect' place for a Wedding, especially if you are interested in having your Ceremony outside. It is an outside venue, as the natural beauty of the location is breathtaking! (Side note: we did our own decorating, inside and out)
    The Reception was inside, in the Glory Ridge Ball Room. It was clean, and set up exactly how we requested.
    The Food is just fabulous!! Again, everything as requested. (and hot!) :)
    We also had our Rehearsal Luncheon there, as well. Beautiful, and not one complaint there, either!
    Beth Senseney was our Staff Event Coordinator, and I cannot say enough positive things about her! Susie was assigned as our Wedding Coordinator on the day itself. She was a peach!
    We went to their "Wedding Date Night," an Open House they offered prior to the wedding, and it was there we found the BEST Wedding Cake you'll EVER have by Karen Rodkey Cakes. We also booked with Frank King Photography, excellent choice! After several prior attempts to secure a Florist, we found 'the' Florist at the Open House, "The Flower Shop," Koons Florist, Littlestown, PA The flowers were EXACTLY the way my daughter wanted them (she sent her pictures).
    I am a 'detailed' person, and I highly recommend the vendors listed above. You will be well pleased.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2016

We had our wedding almost 2 weeks ago at the Lodges. It was a destination wedding for us since we live in New York while our families live in Texas. Beth, the wedding coordinator, as well as all of the staff at the Lodges made this process such a wonderful, low-stress event. Beth was so helpful in answering all of mine and my mother's questions. She helped with information about the area and keeping things in order on the actual day, so all I had to do was show up and get married. The day of and day before went so well, from the venue, to the lodging, to the rehearsal walk-through, decorating, everything. Beth and the staff were there every step of the way. They were so friendly, helpful, and ready with answers to questions and suggestions.

The rooms were spacious, stocked with coffee and even had make-up remover wipes in the bathrooms! All of our guests were out of town, so having on-site accommodations was an important key to our choosing the Lodges.

On the day of, the staff helped coordinate so my husband and I didn't run into each other. They helped keep the boys occupied and even helped coordinate lunch so the wedding party didn't turn hangry. My dad and I even rehearsed our father-daughter dance in their office! Overall, it was such an incredible weekend and it would not have been nearly as great without the amazing people at the Lodges. They know what they are doing and make pulling off an awesome wedding seem effortless. Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Gorgeous view, awesome staff....and absolutely a awesome place to get married at. My first visit there was as emotional as a bride finding the right dress.. This was the perfect location and cozy little cabins for the guest was such a cute aspect that brings everything together. It's also located on top a gorgeous view away from traffic and any public eyes. Great place for a romantic scenic wedding without the worry of tourists :)

Sent on 01/29/2015

Awesome place to have a wedding!! Food was amazing and the location was beautiful. Fit exactly what I was looking for and the price range was doable. Loved this location and loved the staff. Very responsive.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Rachael · Married on 10/11/2015

Beth Senseney and Sue Reed were the best people to deal with during our wedding planning and the day of. It was a perfect experience for my husband and I, would recommend The Lodges at Gettysburg to everyone I know.

Sent on 10/27/2015

Kimberly · Married on 08/16/2015

Our daughter's wedding at The Lodges at Gettysburg was everything she wished for and in her words "perfect." This was due mostly to the beautiful surroundings of this rural historic area, the terrific coordinator that helps you through the process (so patient with our many questions), and the peace of mind we had should it have been a rainy day. But just as importantly the guests at the wedding had a fantastic meal and were treated well by the professional staff. There were options we didn't take advantage of i.e. Carriage to ceremony; fireworks; after wedding bonfire; Salon stylist, massage therapist, but the fact that these were available made the venue appealing as well. If you are contemplating this venue, love the outdoors as a setting, want to provide the best for your guests and have peace of mind with a wonderful coordinator this is the place!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Kyla · Married on 07/04/2015

Our wedding at the Lodges at Gettysburg was more than perfect! Beth, Erica and the entire staff at the lodges were extremely accommodating and did everything they could to make our day special! We had planned on our ceremony being outside but due to the rain that week, we decided to move it indoors last minute. Beth and Erica made this transition so easy and stress free! With family and friends all over we decided to make this event a “wedding weekend.” The modern cabins were absolutely perfect and all of our guests enjoyed being so close to everyone as well as the venue. Dinner was to die for and the guests loved the breakfast set up the following day! From beginning to end the entire staff at the lodges could not have been more accommodating. I cannot thank the Lodges enough for making our day beyond perfect!! We would do it all again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Our wedding at The Lodges at Gettysburg was absolutely perfect, and it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Beth, Erica, and the staff! Beth answered every question in every e-mail, and went over & above to fulfill my requests. Every step in the planning process was a breeze & we looked forward to our meetings. Our guests haven't stopped raving about the delicious food, excellent service, and wonderful accommodations. Our day-of-coordinator, Erica, couldn't have been more wonderful! She was always smiling & pleasant to work with, and dealt with my pre-bridal stress flawlessly! She ran our rehearsal effortlessly and made us feel much more comfortable with the processional. The bonfire at the end of the night was just perfect! Usually couples have to arrange an after-party at another location from their reception, and figure out transportation, but no need to worry about any of that at The Lodges! Every aspect of this venue is fabulous & you will not regret your decision to get married here! It was the best day of our lives & our dream wedding for sure!

Sent on 07/17/2015

When my fiance and I were looking for a place to have our reception, we couldn't have decided on a more quaint and peaceful place. Not only is the view breathtaking, but the inside of the Lodges is just as beautiful. The staff was beyond amazing in allowing us to be flexible and really make the wedding our own. First off the menu, they allowed us to take the menu and then customize it to our needs which we were very grateful about. The food was fabulous and everyone talked about how amazing the ham was in particular. The food was outstanding, but would you expect anything less from the carriage house? The staff worked with us in decorating and taking care of any issue that would arise without worrying the bride or groom. They truly made us feel like we were the most important people and there only customers. We would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone who wants a beautiful view and to feel like one in a million.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Charlene · Married on 05/03/2015

I cannot say enough things about this venue. Everyone there that I met, truly did whatever they could to make this day magical for me!! And I do mean everything! They are super easy to work with and willing to listen to your ideas!! I LOVED this place and I will stay there in the future for mini get away!! SO FUN!! The bon fire is the BEST!!!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Stacey · Married on 11/15/2014

We cannot be more happy with our choice to have our wedding reception here! From the very first tour until our big day everyone was so helpful. Beth is amazing and is prompt to answer any of the many questions we had. We chose to only have our reception here, but were still able to use the outdoor areas for pictures. The glory ridge ball room is beautiful and was plenty of room for our 160 guests. The room has a rustic touch to it which made it more personal for us. I have received so many compliments and statements of "That was the best wedding food I have ever had!" that we have lost count. We cannot thank them enough, and anyone who is lucky enough to secure a date to have their wedding that The Lodges at Gettysburg will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/05/2014